The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I've Read UNSCRIPTED!

LittleJohn

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Aug 30, 2018
Northeast USA
First TMFL and now UNSCRIPTED . Very good books to say the least.
I always hated the SCRIPT and stomaching 9-5's were something i never could fully wrap my ahead around. Probably why i worked sales type jobs with flexibility in the schedule and/or people not breathing down my back telling me what to do. Anyway, none of that matters now. This book goes details the SCRIPT vs UNSCRIPTED and like TMFL gives more of a foundational template for working ones way toward an UNSCRIPTED LIFE.

Definitely will be used as an ongoing point of reference.

Before leaving my corporate 'steady job' three months ago part of me had that fear like what am I doing leaving a steady check, benefits, 401k, options, etc. But I also felt that I just couldn't go on like that and I knew I could make something happen..Thankfully, my wife was completely supportive of me going after what i want - my own business / something I created and run. I reason due to her father and his father being entrepreneurs has possibly caused her to see things more UNSCRIPTED than the average bear and not be locked into me always having a 9-5 SCRIPTED life, etc.

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
Read it. Probably of the best book on business ever written.

Andreas Thrane

Workaholics aren't heroes
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
Sep 6, 2018
Denmark
Read it. Probably the best book on that specific topic i have read.

Who is the marketing god who buys up small ecommerce businesses and turn them into money machines a half year later? Can i read his story on this forum?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

srodrigo

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Sep 11, 2018
Read it. Not as impactful as TMF but I would say it's overall a better book. I read it twice actually, and planning to do a third time in the future.

Knicks

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Feb 13, 2018
Germany
I've read it, too. What I like about it is the concept of unscripting your life to see what is really important. Many people are wasting their time and don't want to take responsibility without knowing that this lifestyle is destructive in it's nature.

CRAsian

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
May 21, 2018
Does it count if we've finished the Audible audiobook? Because if so, I've read it! Fired up more than ever, thank you for all that you've done for us, MJ.

Pete R

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jun 28, 2018
San Antonio
TMF was so good, I immediately bought and read Unscripted ... and it was even better!

Thank you MJ for the inspiration I needed to put the pedal down and pull into the fastlane :)

Solais

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Sep 14, 2018
I finished reading this book twice (just as I did for TMF ). It's updated and filled with useful information, especially regarding Kinetic Execution.

Execution is where INTPs such as myself face the most difficulty - conjuring up ideas or blowing all the hard earned money away on booze is hardly an issue.

jpmartin

Jedi Master
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Sep 7, 2013
Finally! @MJ DeMarco great read. Highly recommend it, and I could go out and say a fantastic second book follow up. The only complaint I had was, boy... was it long! I'll probably do a followup and share my thoughts and love to hear yours on why your frame of thinking.

Ranman

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jul 10, 2018
I've listen to Unscripted excellent content. I love the rawness and how MJ really breaks it down on whats its take to get the ball rolling. Unscripted will light a fire under your a$$ or it will wake you up to all the wantrepneurs aspects of business

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
I've listened and re-listened. It's in my Audible app so I take it everywhere I go. Thanks MJ.

Veloman

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Feb 10, 2018
Austin
I decided to buy Unscprited before TMF. Just finished last night. I plan to reread a lot of the middle chapters.

The stuff on the feedback loop is gold. It applies to many areas of life I believe.

AlexFive

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Sep 14, 2018
Iowa
I listened to UNSCRIPTED on Audible, and I felt my brain being rewritten every minute. It gave a clear voice to many things that had been vaguely bothering me in life. It was mind expansion equal to listening to ANTIFRAGILE for the first time. I'm adopting many of the concepts from this and TMF and am excited to see where they take me.

handog

Believing Is Seeing
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Sep 3, 2018
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
I finished TMF a couple weeks ago, now I've finished Unscripted . I read the book as I listened to the audible so that it soaked it in thoroughly. I loved TMF for the exposure of showing me that I didn't know squat about entrepreneurship. I love the feeling when in hindsight all the things I didn't know that I didn't know, that now I know.

Both books are gold, but I think integrating the mindset that Unscripted lays down will be the crucial foundation for execution.

So much for my local passion oriented side hustles. I've got to read through the forum and make some decisions.

JASON B

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Sep 9, 2018
CANADA
So I've just finished Unscripted ! For the past 20 I have read many books went to a few "free lunches" and listened to some audio tapes or 2. These 2 books have all the information one needs to take a step back take a breath and know it was worth the wait. Now Im looking forward to reading the forums, asking questions and buying time to make a difference.
Thanks MJ!

SRathwell

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Jun 26, 2017
Ontario Canada
I finished Unscripted a couple months ago ( I have actually listened to it twice now) but I was too timid to post anything on the forum. With a goal to quit action faking (ie only reading here) I am finally posting.

This book has been literally life changing. I recommended it to my business partner and we are now modeling our business after the commandments in this book. We now have a clear value strategy with the goal of one day cashing out to become UNSCRIPTED .

Pebblepottage

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Sep 18, 2018
ZAMBIA
After reading TMF, I made up my mind to read UNSCRIPTED . Thanks again to MJ DeMarco, you hit the nail directly. My brief understanding of TUNEF:
1) THE FTE - I have actually learned to F*ck this event.
2) 3(B)s - I am now able to manage BULLSHITS, BIASES, And wrong BELIEFS
3) MP - I have now managed to find MEANING and PURPOSE
4) FE - Fastlane Entrepreneurship CENTS (control, entry, need, time and scale) have taught me to understand how to build my fastlane business.
5) KE - The marketmind, The 3As, and The 7Ps topic has opened my eyes to the truth.
6) 4(D) - The four unscripted dicplines is great wisdom for one who is serious about having control of his financial life.
7) Finally UNSCRIPTION - There is no any other way to understand this other than knowing that it is the result of reading and understanding this great manual book called UNSCRIPTED .

Remy7

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Aug 11, 2018
As a teenager this book and the MFastlane really helped me a lot through the confusion i had about money, entrepreneurship, life. Must read. Thank you MJ DeMarco for your dedication

50x

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Aug 24, 2018
Spain
I've read UNSCRIPTED , thank you MJ, there you provide a whole lot of tools. First, I'll have to fix a few things to get moving, and the tools are needed.

Kwanify

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Sep 19, 2018
Read finished it. Reviewing it a second time. It has completely changed my approach to business and accumulating wealth.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.