The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

No I'm just a winner...

Sequential

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Aug 8, 2017
UK
So in the UK we have something called the National Lottery. It is like your Powerball but the wins are single to double and very occasional triple digit million wins. £7m, might roll over to £12m, goes all the way up to £170 odd mill. NOT TAXED, and you can choose between publicity and anon (why anyone chooses publicity I don't know).

Anyway along side this, they sell scratch cards.

Being overweight and having an issue with emotional eating I recently came up with the idea of...every time I feel like making myself feel better by snacking, I buy a scratch card instead.

I always choose #13 which is £250k win or #17 which is £100k win. #13 is £2 and #17 is £1.

All the money goes to both the Canadian Teachers Pension as well as charity. They build things needed by people in the UK for people who are not even in a lane.

So anyway I almost always win at these games. Because I am a winner... and I believe in the Universe to bestow me good stuff. Checkout lady actually says to me "feeling lucky?" and I just shrug and tell her I am a winner already. She rolls her eyes at me and smirks to her collegue.

I take my £2 and I buy a card. I scratch it right there in front of the checkout lady. BOOM, won £4. Give it to her to claim, buy 2 more.

Win £2 on each one. Ask for 2 more.
Win £10. Pocket £8, ask for one more.
Win £2.
At this point I call it quits.

And she can't believe it.

She is like "wtf?"

I just smile at her, and say "Life is what you make it, and you make what you believe", and walk off and enjoy my day.

This was not always the case. I used to buy these and lose £40 in a row. Not anymore.

All that changed? Daily meditation, which seems to be like plugging a Tesla into the mains..it gives me energy, or power, of some kind. And the belief that everything is for a reason, and the Universe combined with action on my part leads to anything I want.

MJ touched on this in his first book... The Flaw of Attraction. Think and Grow Rich. People read those and think if they just put it out there that they will get rich then it will happen. Then it doesn't and they leave a 1 star review on the book.... 10 years later people say it is BS. But they don't read properly.

This was a different result last week:

I say, in my mind, "Universe, I want to win on a scratchcard today" = thought

I drive somewhere completely random and buy the ticket = action.

I win = reaction.
947lrdR.jpg

TLDR: The power of action and thought = success.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

SquatchMan

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
383%
Dec 27, 2016
Nowhere
So anyway I almost always win at these games. Because I am a winner... and I believe in the Universe to bestow me good stuff. Checkout lady actually says to me "feeling lucky?" and I just shrug and tell her I am a winner already. She rolls her eyes at me and smirks to her collegue.

You're on a winning streak. The expected value of a scratch ticket is always negative.... so you will always lose in the long run. Gambling is literally for losers.*

You also sound like a gambling addict.

Edit: I decided to humor myself and look up the odds for the 250k scratch lotto you play.
1 in 4,419,450 chance of winning 250k.
For every 8.8 million you put in you can expect to win 250k (slightly more because of the tiered odds, but you're still gonna lose).

*outside of poker and other games where you can calculate the EV and adjust your bets accordingly.

Last edited:

lewj24

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 12, 2016
St. Louis, MO
I thought you were going to say something like, "Even if I lose I am still a winner because I helped out the community by donating and I'm still going to be successful in my life."

But no..

You said, "I believe I will win at gambling, and then I do! why? BECAUSE IMA WINNER!!"

#landfill

And you only won $8? The max win was $250k and you got $8 on 6 tries... What a winner.....

Imgal

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Aug 9, 2015
Sounds more like a run of luck than a foolproof success plan to me and not one I'd advise anyone to take if they're struggling to make ends meet.

One thing I will agree with is the mindset of taking action and looking towards success. If you're always looking to find something to trip you up then it's exactly what you'll find. If you're looking to find how you can be successful at what you're doing a whole lot of opportunities, possibilities and a bucketful of motivation will come with it... just maybe don't put all your eggs in a gambling basket.

Lafandriel

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
May 28, 2017
Germany
Maybe I am wrong but I read until National lottery and stopped reading right there.... and when I read the other comments I seemed to be right.

Don't attend the lottery. Work on your own project because unlike lottery where many circumstances have to come together to be a winner, in business there is just one cirumstance that truly matters .... you.

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
I just smile at her, and say "Life is what you make it, and you make what you believe", and walk off and enjoy my day.

All that changed? Daily meditation, which seems to be like plugging a Tesla into the mains..it gives me energy, or power, of some kind. And the belief that everything is for a reason, and the Universe combined with action on my part leads to anything I want.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

9z1kI.gif

468e831f67f5ed5b5071e30f7cd95009--managing-money-financial-literacy.jpg

Watch the youtube video. Learn about expected value. Get good at math. Only pursue actions where the math is on your side. Get rich.

MidwestLandlord

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
759%
Dec 6, 2016
At least if you bought the junk food instead, the money goes to the retailer, the wholesaler, the manufacturer, etc.

But only the government gets your money with lottery. (In the USA it's illegal to mark up lottery tickets, I assume it's the same there)

Retailers use lottery as a traffic generator, but if you don't buy anything else all you did was cost the retailer money in labor and overhead.

EvanOkanagan

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Aug 2, 2013
So in the UK we have something called the National Lottery. It is like your Powerball but the wins are single to double and very occasional triple digit million wins. £7m, might roll over to £12m, goes all the way up to £170 odd mill. NOT TAXED, and you can choose between publicity and anon (why anyone chooses publicity I don't know).

Being overweight and having an issue with emotional eating I recently came up with the idea of...every time I feel like making myself feel better by snacking, I buy a scratch card instead.

I always choose #13 which is £250k win or #17 which is £100k win. #13 is £2 and #17 is £1.

All the money goes to both the Canadian Teachers Pension as well as charity. They build things needed by people in the UK for people who are not even in a lane.

I take my £2 and I buy a card. I scratch it right there in front of the checkout lady. BOOM, won £4. Give it to her to claim, buy 2 more.

Win £2.

She is like "wtf?"

This was not always the case. I used to buy these and lose £40 in a row. Not anymore.

MJ touched on this in his first book... The Flaw of Attraction. Think and Grow Rich. People read those and think if they just put it out there that they will get rich then it will happen. Then it doesn't and they leave a 1 star review on the book.... 10 years later people say it is BS. But they don't read properly.

I win = reaction.
947lrdR.jpg

Nice man! Have you thought of writing an eBook?

"Scratchcard Millionaire " would be a catchy title.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011

Win £2.

She is like "wtf?"

I win = reaction.
947lrdR.jpg

Don't let the haters on this thread strive you off the path you are walking on. The are skeptical because they are closed-minded and they don't believe.

I know exactly what you are talking about.

We truly live in a reality where we can manifest anything we want by the power of our thoughts. Keep holding positive thoughts, keep believing, and keep experiencing!

What I'm about to share with you is something I learned through a closed-doors training ran by a man who mastered this path you are on. He breaks our level of evolution down into 8 levels.

Level 3 - People who rob and steal people for a living. Violent, etc.

Level 4 - Slowlaners - They abide by the rules of the system. And play by the rules.

Level 5 - Entrepreneurs - These are the ones that work hard and hustle through problems, and make things work through hard action. They are the ones making millions of dollars through building businesses that impact others. These are the unbelievers of this forum.

Level 6 - The spiritual hippie. This is the stage of your journey where you've unlocked the hidden powers of the universe. You're going to continue think positive thoughts, you're going to continue buying lottery tickets with this positive "I am a winner mentality." and you're going to continue dream of the best possible live that is surely on it's way to you.

As you do this, a few things are going to happen. You're going to continue to struggle with your eating habits, and financially. But don't worry - you're going to think positive thoughts and the miracle breakthrough is just around the corner.

You're going to continue to win $2-$10 on lottery tickets and show the unbelieving cashiers that you are a winner. In the meantime, you're going to slowly start to notice that your finances are going deeper and deeper in the dark. But you're confident that when you stand in the mirror and believe and call yourself a winner....you're belief is what is key to your success.

Shortly after that, you're going to run out of money in the bank account. This is a normal part of the journey you are going on. You continue to believe, and you'll continue to have something come in from the universe having your back. When you lose your house/apartment, you'll manifest a friend who can let you sleep on their couch at their apartment.

This is the time of your life where your belief will get stronger. And it's your true test from the universe to see how strong your beliefs are.

And that'll be around the point where your friends kick you out of the apartment from all the scratch off tickets you leave lying around, and you're going to go homeless.

And that is right before the part of your journey where you graduate to level 7.

Level 7 - The Enlightened Entrepreneur - When you're homeless on the streets in the U.K., you'll merge back into the path of taking action. Where you still know that you can believe and that the universe has your back and delivers all that you ask for.

But you also learn that the amount of change you see in the world outside of you is directly in proportion with the amount of physical impact you make with your actions. You hold the positive belief, and you spend your time opening up as many doors as possible for your business, and all of a sudden, the two mixed together will allow you to grow your business to newer and greater heights....even more than the skeptics on this thread.

So continue to do what you're doing. Experience the homelessness, perhaps you might even start doing drugs, but eventually you'll graduate level 6 into level 7 when you begin to take action in the physical work in the form of creating a massive impact with your business.

Or you could skip the whole homeless drug addiction, stop buying lottery tickets, and build your business now...Either way, come back here in a year and you'll see how your journey went very similar to how I outlined it.

scottmsul

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
302%
Apr 29, 2017
Boulder, CO
I wouldn't even want to win the lottery. To me something about the whole process feels tainted. You only receive money because you happened to be lucky, and that money comes from other people's hard-earned pay that they wasted on the lottery. Whereas if you get rich from fastlane, it's because you provided real tangible value.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Iammelissamoore

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
239%
Sep 23, 2014
Trinidad and Tobago

I win = reaction.

Well, at least you have the basics down, which is the general philosophy of life; the real question now is - What do YOU want to win at? If it's entrepreneurship/fastlaning/unscripting, you've got the basics, now just switch your gears and change lanes (from lottery to entrepreneurship/fastlaning/unscripting).

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
And to think... all those people that were praying to win the lottery were just doing it wrong. If they meditated and sent out good vibes instead, they'd be scratch off superstars.

Sequential

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Aug 8, 2017
UK
Wow everyone completely missed the point.

I am not doing scratch cards to get myself rich. I am replacing comfort eating with gambling. I only spend the money I would have spent on a binge. Everytime I gamble this way I am not ruining my lifestyle of healthy eating and slow weight loss. In fact I actually spend less, the most I spent in a day on cards was £10, the most I have spent on a binge is £45.

I have lost 3 stone since I started doing this, which I believe is around 42lb of fat. The mindset stuff shows the difference between no mindset and a winning mindset... I never used to win anything, now I do. I don't believe in luck, luck is just the reaction of thought + action.

I do want to say one thing... if it is just taxing the poor who can't do math...what do you say to those who played and now have a £100m+ networth because of it? Are they also stupid?

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
No, you're the one who missed the point.

Replacing one addictive activity with another doesn't make you a winner. It makes you an addict in denial.

Focusing on the winners of the lottery, while ignoring the millions who spend their rent money on their gambling addiction, is the definition of ignorance and mathematical illiteracy.

Have you READ either of the books? Either you haven't, and would benefit greatly from doing so, or you have and your literacy is on par with your mathematical literacy.

The things you're spouting are the definition of sidewalk / scripted.

Sequential

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Aug 8, 2017
UK
At least if you bought the junk food instead, the money goes to the retailer, the wholesaler, the manufacturer, etc.

But only the government gets your money with lottery. (In the USA it's illegal to mark up lottery tickets, I assume it's the same there)

Retailers use lottery as a traffic generator, but if you don't buy anything else all you did was cost the retailer money in labor and overhead.
So you want me to be fat and die of obesity because it makes Mars Corporation and whoever sold it more money?

Do you recommend I get a coke habit so it creates wealth for coke dealers too?

BrooklynHustle

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Apr 3, 2014
DMV
lol

Win £2.

She is like "wtf?"

I win = reaction.
947lrdR.jpg

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
So you want me to be fat and die of obesity because it makes Mars Corporation and whoever sold it more money?

Do you recommend I get a coke habit so it creates wealth for coke dealers too?

No, people want you to get your head out of your a$$, hit the gym and buy healthy food then roll your savings into a business venture.

You know, become an actual winner.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.