The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

YOUR 2012 - In ONE Sentence

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
What is your 2012 mission statement?

• Please give us ONE SENTENCE, with no back story or explanation. Why? Focused, concise, and clear. We should be able to read your mission statement and understand where you are heading with no further explanation. Consider this your "elevator sentence" for 2012.
  • Give your summary sentence some thought. Give us your best shot.
  • No using the word "fastlane." We assume this is what you are working towards, or you wouldn't be here. For this thread, lets ban the word "fastlane" or every post would be "launching my fastlane XYZ..."
  • Your mission sentence should be tangible and obtainable. "Opening my bakery in San Antonio on March 1st" is concrete. "Hopefully launching some sort of eCommerce or Social networking web site if I can learn how to program" is not. Give us one sentence that crystallizes where you are heading.
  • Followup comments should be positive ONLY. Do not shit on someone else's dream, no matter your opinion. If you have nothing nice to say (for this thread only, but maybe for life in general) keep your thoughts to yourself.
  • Speed is encouraged to be awarded for any mission sentence that you feel meets the above criteria. Let's help propel people into 2012.
  • Hopefully we will get 100% participation from anyone who reads this thread. We are interested in your future... that is part of the reason why we are here! Please join the discussion and anticipate some encouragement as you navigate towards your dreams.
Good luck! - Dave

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
In 2012, I will expand my company's brand to 40 models, and secure physical retail store distribution in all 50 of the United States.

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
I'll play.

In 2012 I will create a seminar based on an extraordinary lifestyle, produce and launch 10 new products in the personal development arena, and kick my speaking career into overdrive.

Likwid24

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Mar 26, 2011
Staten Island, NY
In 2012, I will complete the production of my first product and get it into as many retail stores as possible in hopes to be picked up by a big chain retailer such as Home Depot or Lowe's while also planning the development of product #2.

Good Luck Everyone!

Bo_

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
Apr 24, 2011
In 2012, I will learn PHP, MYSQL, C++, Java in college, outsource for the very first time and continue doing it on a regular basis, hit $20K/month, actually $50K/month would only make my happy, get into DotA's competitive scene, be in TOP 16 of SMM (a worldwide DotA competition), be more outgoing -- get to know 200 new people IRL, meh 200 sounds little maybe 400, join the student council and interest groups, go for business networking sessions, join a business club around my area, perform popping on stage, learn hiphop and some krumping. Get 6 pack abs, broader arms. Continue reading 2-3 books/month. Damn I have so many goals......

Is this allowed..?

Okay, sorry.

In 2012, I will transform my family's "home business", hitting at least 500 orders/month, (it's at about 10/month now lol..), then I will kickstart my own business by leveraging the customer base, hitting $50K/month by the end of the year.

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
May 21, 2011
Work hard.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
In 2012, I will make at least 100 mistakes in my first business venture and learn not to repeat them when I move on to bigger and better things.

The Spark

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
3%
Jul 10, 2011
NH, USA
By June 2012 I will see a minimum of $10,000 profit from offline flipping in order to secure inventory for an e-commerce venture.

FastNAwesome

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
May 23, 2011
In 2012. I will turn my income totally passive, and 5 figures/mo. as the very minimum.

My thinking:

While this may not seem like super-ambitious goal, it is, because:

- Year has only so much days, and they quickly slip by, especially when you put in the effort to build something solid.

- This is a HUGE, critical step, that will allow me to truly focus on building and expanding businesses, as I will have enough:

1) Time
2) Money
3) Vision what a business really is (as opposed to a job, no matter how well it's paid, or how fancy it's called)
4) Drive to go for much much more

Rickson9

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Sep 4, 2010
Canada
I will continue to ride the coattails of the wealthy by holding stock in their businesses.

damien275x

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Oct 18, 2011
In 2012, I will launch my touch screen lunch/snack order kiosks in 50 offices, and over the year work my way up to 2000 orders a day and 10 staff. Then I will double it

I will also continue to write 1 page every day on everytihng I do and how I go about doing it, so that when I am succcessful, I will have a book to sell telling everyone how I was successful.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
In 2012 we will continue to refine and build our Inn business, focusing specifically on developing a management-based infrastructure, regular training of new and existing staff, and we'll take a long, hard look at expenses, ROI, and efficiency.

It should be a helluva ride. This year sure was!

(In 2011 we focused on increasing cashflow and paying off debts. We did just that, finishing the year up more than 33%-- about $450,000-- over last year).

-Russ H.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
In early 2012, my service will launch. I will be bringing it up to five hundred sales total by the end of the year, aiming for 50 affiliate sales per day by the end of the year.

That would be the absolute minimum: not the optimal numbers.

tincho1492

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Aug 7, 2011
Uruguay
In January 2012 I am going to launch an interesting service for small businesses that will allow me to pay the bills and continue working in the launch of my first web business.

Best for you and have a successful year! :)

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Increase the number of my customers and net revenue 100%.

DrummerDad

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
26%
Apr 8, 2011
In 2012 I will finally debut my product to the consumers, start the website for my company, possibly start another business venture in another manufacturing category (there seems to be alot of interest in some of the items), and continue to work on the other ideas I have, which have been pushed aside waiting for all this to happen.

Mike A.B.

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 19, 2011
Amsterdam, Holland
In January I will start a small JV ecommerce business where I will sell customizable shirts with a design which I know is popular in my area.

Jcapuano

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Nov 11, 2011
Smithfield, RI
In 2012 I will sell my car and get a more fuel efficient one in order to raise capital to design and launch my advertising website by February, complete programming a choicescript game that I have been working on for some time (for passive income), continue my schooling at Bryant University, and study SEO and SEM in order to drive traffic to said website.

Destined

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Dec 12, 2011
In 2012 I will start a business that benefits others and in the end it will benefit me!

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
In 2012 I will start a business that benefits others and in the end it will benefit me!

cmon, ya gotta be more specific than that! :smx1:

Try saying: "The first part of 2012 will be devoted to looking for needs that can be filled. After I find needs, I will decide which one among them needs to be filled the most. Then, I will make a plan as to how I will fulfill that need, right down to the number."

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.