The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

YOUR 2012 - In ONE Sentence

AdamMaxum

a worthy successor indeed
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Apr 30, 2011
NY
In 2012, I will launch a successful online business and/or create a passive income stream.

I just wanted to come back to this thread and update my 2012 progress so far. I have gone from around 2k a month to over 10k a month by running a successful online business. I have outsourced almost everything already, and I am free to travel and do as I please since it's completely based online. My next goal is to increase this amount to 20k+ a month, and the possibilities of doing just that are very promising.

Thank you MJ and the fastlane for reaffirming my long held belief that this time in my life has always been possible. Good luck to every other member of this forum who is taking steps to achieve their 2012 goals.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

CPisHere

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Sep 17, 2011
Louisiana
I just wanted to come back to this thread and update my 2012 progress so far. I have gone from around 2k a month to over 10k a month by running a successful online business. I have outsourced almost everything already, and I am free to travel and do as I please since it's completely based online. My next goal is to increase this amount to 20k+ a month, and the possibilities of doing just that are very promising.

Thank you MJ and the fastlane for reaffirming my long held belief that this time in my life has always been possible. Good luck to every other member of this forum who is taking steps to achieve their 2012 goals.
Wow, congrats Adam! Is this with the blogpros.com website?

AdamMaxum

a worthy successor indeed
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Apr 30, 2011
NY
cparsons - no, it's a crazy story I'll share at some point.

Bloggpros never took off for a variety of reasons. One of them being that I discovered people had already been using the idea in the internet marketing community, except they had basically perfected it with drip feeding blog posts throughout the year. etc.etc. I achieved a couple sales, but my focus took a turn when an opportunity fell into my lap.

V8Bill

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
334%
Feb 9, 2012
Australia
Re-write my book, self-publish it, help others by selling and speaking about it and pay off ALL my non-producing debts.

SPX

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Jan 31, 2012
In the year 2012 I will graduate from college and by the end of this month I will have my website up and running.

motivational

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Feb 13, 2012
In 2012 after finishing my studies, I'll find a job with a good pay to sustain my family's needs and for myself as well.

User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Feb 8, 2012
In 2012 I will build a website that prevents graduating college students from throwing away their talents at a corporate job by showing them how to start a business

motivational

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Feb 13, 2012
In 2012 I will build a website that prevents graduating college students from throwing away their talents at a corporate job by showing them how to start a business

That might be a good idea. Business is a good start to succeed. But I don't think students will have enough fund for that.

Reno

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Nov 21, 2011
Seattle, WA
I read every post so far. Thank you all for your contributions. I think I fall somewhere in the middle having just gone all out the last three years and fallen on my face.

My goal for 2012: Transition my mindset from failure to success by learning from every mistake I have made and the place of humility I have found myself by specifically by to understand how to clearly identify a need and market and target that market with a product that meets peoples needs and provides them unequivocally with something that is of greater value than they exchange for it while being equally profitable to me as the presenter.

Good luck all. I hope to meet you on the journey.

Reno

nico

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
May 17, 2011
In 2012, I will push out every competitor in my field except the top dog, and make a cubic shitload(*) of money.

(*) precise technical term

ManWithABeard

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Dec 28, 2010
Florida
in 2012, err, I mean, the rest of 2012, I am re-launching my clothing brand with a new identity and new image and I will also work to get into specific retail stores across the Southeast of the US.

Wish me luck guys, I'm excited but nervous as hell about this...

Famous1s

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Mar 26, 2012
I will open famous1s and Sales will take off and by December 31 2012 I will have recouped my initial investment and be on my way to 500,000 dollars. .

AMfree

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Jan 11, 2012
i will change the way the world understand things by launching my first website in the last quarter.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Reality check --- 2012 is 1/4th over.

How is your implementation coming along? Key milestones reached? Stalled?

Updates please.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I have greatly expanded our sku count, and pressed into some new industries. I broke my cardinal rule of not wanting to own development, and have invested in a proprietary tool for a product we will launch in June 2012. I will post that sweet new concept here in June. I have refocused a bit from my initial post of wanting retail distribution, primarily because B2C marketplace is allowing us to capture 100% of the margin without sharing it with retailers. I do have a few retail deals pending, but am going slowly so as to not make any mistakes.

My passive income for 2012 will exceed what I need to replace all of my active income. That, to me, equals freedom.

On an unrelated note, I just hired a web design company in India through eLance to build me a kick a$$ web site in a brand new services industry that I am creating from scratch. That site should be launched within 90 days, and I will update when it goes live. It's a service that every single person reading this forum could use... for free.

I hope 2012 is kicking a$$ for you. Please update against your original goal threads. Blaze your own path!

PatrickP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 16, 2012
I read every post so far. Thank you all for your contributions. I think I fall somewhere in the middle having just gone all out the last three years and fallen on my face.

My goal for 2012: Transition my mindset from failure to success by learning from every mistake I have made and the place of humility I have found myself by specifically by to understand how to clearly identify a need and market and target that market with a product that meets peoples needs and provides them unequivocally with something that is of greater value than they exchange for it while being equally profitable to me as the presenter.

Good luck all. I hope to meet you on the journey.

Reno

Hey Reno,

I just wanted to reply to your post and wish you the VERY best of luck. To tell you to keep the positive attitude and keep the down moments to a minimum. Surround yourself with good, honest people with integrity.

Get rid of anyone who is a negative influence no matter how close they are to you. OR if you feel strong enough show them through your actions how a positive person acts.

Take care and please keep posting and let us all know how things are going. There are a TON of smart people here to help however they can.

PatrickP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 16, 2012
I have greatly expanded our sku count, and pressed into some new industries. I broke my cardinal rule of not wanting to own development, and have invested in a proprietary tool for a product we will launch in June 2012. I will post that sweet new concept here in June. I have refocused a bit from my initial post of wanting retail distribution, primarily because B2C marketplace is allowing us to capture 100% of the margin without sharing it with retailers. I do have a few retail deals pending, but am going slowly so as to not make any mistakes.

My passive income for 2012 will exceed what I need to replace all of my active income. That, to me, equals freedom.

On an unrelated note, I just hired a web design company in India through eLance to build me a kick a$$ web site in a brand new services industry that I am creating from scratch. That site should be launched within 90 days, and I will update when it goes live. It's a service that every single person reading this forum could use... for free.

I hope 2012 is kicking a$$ for you. Please update against your original goal threads. Blaze your own path!

WOW WOW WOW

Very nice! I would say 2012 IS kicking azz for you!

Congrats and continued success to you. I am very interested in your announcement in June and will hold you to it :)

Jaime

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Oct 23, 2010
My mantra for 2012 is No Matter What. :)

Grow List, Speak at Blogworld (plus 1 speaking gig per month at least), Eventual Millionaire Book Launched, Interview 40 more millionaires.

Warmest,
-Jaime

Free Interviews with Over 50 Self Made Millionaires

Talluer

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 3, 2012
In 2012 I will learn my industry inside and out while developing the skills necessary for success.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
ORIGINAL: In 2012 we will continue to refine and build our Inn business, focusing specifically on developing a management-based infrastructure, regular training of new and existing staff, and we'll take a long, hard look at expenses, ROI, and efficiency.

UPDATE: April 26:

Refine and build -- check. Revenues up 15% over last year. For perspective, we've already made in 4 month (Jan-April, slow months) what we did our first full year in business (ALL of 2004).

Focusing on building a mgt-based infrastructure- not yet. See next (training of staff)

Regular training of new and existing staff-- HUGE improvements here. Taking lots of my time, but SO worth it.

Take a long, hard look at expenses, ROI, and efficiency. -- Still in process. Hard to measure things you can't see. Working on noticing things we take for granted.

RESULTS: So far, so good: On track for over $2,000,000.00 in sales.

-Russ H.

Jo_B

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Apr 30, 2012
Johannesburg, South Africa
In 2012, I will aim to increase my income, get my own website up and ready,create and publish an eBook of my own, have partnerships with other successful businessmen, travel, and hope to help Business owners increase their sales.

00N8

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
May 31, 2011
New Mexico
Transition from successful product launch in April to consistent performance, projected net $1.2m.

User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Apr 25, 2012
Norfolk UK
Hi there

Our mission is" By 31st December 2012 have a minimum of 5333 parents or prospective parents who have bought an inspiring educational and entertaining product for a minimum of $27"

Does that meet your criteria? I hope so!

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
In 2012, I will expand my company's brand to 40 models, and secure physical retail store distribution in all 50 of the United States.

Update :

- We're on track and have sold nearly 40 different products in 2012
- We got our first order for testing regionally with a national retailer

Hope you are all doing well as you blaze your own path. Post an update if you are making progress towards your 2012 objectives.

jljtech

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Jun 12, 2012
Florida
In 2012 I will continue to develop my existing business and take massive direct action on my ideas.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.