The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Quincosa

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Jan 26, 2017
Miami, Florida
Hey guys

glad to start my journey on the FastLande Forum.

I am a 20-year-old developer and aspiring entrepreneur based out of Miami, Florida. For the past year or so, I have been working for about 30-40 hours a week as a software developer while going to school full time. My most recent venture is iOS mobile application development. For the past couple of months, I have been working on a course I purchased on Udemy. This is the best course out there by far! within the next week or so I should be wrapping up the course and starting my first application. Aside from app development, I have been developing websites for small businesses for about 2-3 years now. I plan on keeping you guys posted on new projects and ventures! Hope to hear back from the community!

Thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ilrein

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Oct 1, 2012
Good luck pal. Let us know how the app goes when it's ready!

eTox

Expect success, but prepare to fail.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
May 21, 2016
Toronto
Welcome aboard :) There are a few of us here in mobile dev.

4Ring_

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Jan 31, 2017
New York
Mind sharing which Udemy course you are so infatuated with?

Welcome, I too have aspirations that have been fueled by an app idea I stumbled into months ago. Haven't put the books down since.

Quincosa

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Jan 26, 2017
Miami, Florida

4Ring_

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Jan 31, 2017
New York

Mark Price of DevSlopes. Figured.

That's the one I've been eye balling as well. I'll have to buy it now while it's on sale and get to it after I wrap up some other course work.

For anybody that wants a great A-Z course for free, I just finished it and it was thorough and comprehensive. You will have created over 10 apps by the end of the course.

It's provided by flatiron school, of which I have no affiliation with. Just posting this link so others can benefit from the free knowledge. It'll take roughly ~100 hours of your time to complete but it will leave you with enough to begin creating your own apps using Xcode 8 and Swift 3.

Cheers

Swift: Building iOS Apps | Flatiron School

4Ring_

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Jan 31, 2017
New York
I also suggest you go to your local library and check this book out:

Swift Programming, 2nd Edition
By: The Big Nerd Ranch

This book will help supplement the course in a very effective way. It'll fill the gaps that the crash-course leaves.

Quincosa

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Jan 26, 2017
Miami, Florida
I also suggest you go to your local library and check this book out:

Swift Programming, 2nd Edition
By: The Big Nerd Ranch

This book will help supplement the course in a very effective way. It'll fill the gaps that the crash-course leaves.
Thanks for your contribution!

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
472%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
Mobile developer checking in!

Keep hustling-lots of opportunity if you're willing to put in the work ;)

I was just about to tag you in this post haha.

Welcome to the forum though, were quickly building up a good community of web and software guys. Get to know the guys in this thread, they're all good at what they do.

Joaki

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
238%
Feb 15, 2015
FL

Welcome to the forum though, were quickly building up a good community of web and software guys. Get to know the guys in this thread, they're all good at what they do.
I appreciate the thought man!

Hope everything is going more than good.

Shoot a text if you ever need anything-glad to help.

Quincosa

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Jan 26, 2017
Miami, Florida

Thanks for the welcoming!

Twopro

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Sep 28, 2014
Texas
Welcome, I also have Mark Price's course for iOS but currently doing his Unity course.

I've been in the mobile game business about 1.5 years and progress/money has been picking up but it took time to get it going. So if you are serious about mobile apps/games don't be discouraged if you don't make much for the first 6-12 months. I would also recommend you take an ASO course, it is basically the same as SEO but geared towards mobile. If you have any questions, hit me up through here or a PM.

Quincosa

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Jan 26, 2017
Miami, Florida
Welcome, I also have Mark Price's course for iOS but currently doing his Unity course.

I've been in the mobile game business about 1.5 years and progress/money has been picking up but it took time to get it going. So if you are serious about mobile apps/games don't be discouraged if you don't make much for the first 6-12 months. I would also recommend you take an ASO course, it is basically the same as SEO but geared towards mobile. If you have any questions, hit me up through here or a PM.
Hey man, thanks for the input, yeah I've been working hard for a couple months now and at times I get frustrated but I always think of the big picture. It is a long-term time investment that will pay off!

DCDeuce

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Dec 3, 2016
Washington DC
Welcome to the forum @Quincosa
I actually have two app idea's and sought to find a few guys local to put it together for me, that didn't work out too well so I decided to take the time and take some courses to do it myself. This thread has been chalked full of little nuggets so thank you!

Be sure to check out threads designated as Gold they tend to have a lot of great information about business, life, family...etc.

@4Ring_ thank you for the courses.

I would be more than open to collaborating with anyone but I am a complete noobie so it will take some time for me to get acquainted with the terminology and so on.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...