The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hi developer and IT freelancer from UK

rizbit

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
Jan 13, 2024
Hi,

My name is Riaz. I live in the UK. I studied Pharmacy but my pharmacy career didn't quite work out so I then followed my passion for coding and IT. I started programming in the 1980's with Basic. Making simple text based programs. I then started making basic games using easy Amos. Then I started working with more advanced dev tools like HTML, Visual Basic and Game Maker. I have a qualification in VB.NET.

Early on I had a lot of ideas so I started dabbling with these, experimenting and learning along the way. One of my earliest PC software projects was a multi-user online entertainment software where users could chat in user created rooms, watch videos together while chatting, play games together, live stream videos, audio and web cams. It worked but was a bit slow and I lost interest. Bear in mind this was pre-Netflix and Pre-TikTok day etc.... you could say it was like an early desktop version of Tik Tok

I then combined my pharmacy experience and programming experience to develop the UKs (and probably the worlds) first electronic controlled drugs register, which is a software used by pharmacies to record the transaction of controlled drugs such as methadone. It was completed in 2006, then had a big revamp in 2008, then a big update in 2023. It allows chemists to save tons of time every day as they don't then have to make hand written entries. Not to mention the many other benefits.

I then learnt how to develop mobile apps and started a mobile app business.

I started working with Game Maker and Game Maker Studio. This was fun and I learnt alot more about programming and app design. I made a few games for PC and mobile platforms. I have many uncompleted projects however these were a good learning experience.

I developed some tool apps for Android and iOS, such as digital scales app, tilt level meter and unit converter. I also created two music creation apps called BeatDrops. The apps got many downloads and has been better business than PC software.

I have also developed an app called QuoteG which allows users to get quotes for car repairs and more from local garages and also has a garage directory for UK. I completed work on this but just before marketing went into action, the covid pandemic came in and put the UK into lockdown. This then meant that I could not take the app out to local garages to get them on board, also many were shut cos of lockdown so emailing didn't work out either. So I had to leave this to the side an work on other projects. Ideally I think this could be something better carried forward by someone else who has a passion in the automotive industry, has the contacts and investment funds.

I currently offer project management for full stack mobile app development, IT freelancer services aswell as managing a few apps and software titles of my own.

I hope i can find like minded people who are into IT here for mutual benefits and learn new things

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...