The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

You haven't made $10k...

Threads with an onging chat or conversation

xxx22

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Apr 28, 2022
One of the most annoying things on this forum, I noticed, is the notion of revenue being referred to as 'I made', it reeks of lack of financial education, would infuriate any finance professional worth their salt and should be nipped in the bud as soon as possible, businesses will always have a GP% and yeah it takes money to make money (albeit you can have a new business with great ROI and small monetary investment if you have a CENTS idea- the whole premise of the trilogy), just a short vent, especially in the era of people saying they can 'make' $10k profit per day with 8 window cleaning trucks, laughable indeed. I follow r/FatFire on Reddit and given that they verify the net worth of the posters (NW needs to be around $5m), they are a treasure trove in comparison and such rubbish as above wouldn't fly; as MJ said maths is the law and I agree, just seems maths/reality is sometimes pushed aside because people like one person, sad, as the universe won't give a toss

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
One of the most annoying things on this forum, I noticed, is the notion of revenue being referred to as 'I made', it reeks of lack of financial education, would infuriate any finance professional worth their salt and should be nipped in the bud as soon as possible, businesses will always have a GP% and yeah it takes money to make money (albeit you can have a new business with great ROI and small monetary investment if you have a CENTS idea- the whole premise of the trilogy), just a short vent, especially in the era of people saying they can 'make' $10k profit per day with 8 window cleaning trucks, laughable indeed. I follow r/FatFire on Reddit and given that they verify the net worth of the posters (NW needs to be around $5m), they are a treasure trove in comparison and such rubbish as above wouldn't fly; as MJ said maths is the law and I agree, just seems maths/reality is sometimes pushed aside because people like one person, sad, as the universe won't give a toss

As long as we're going to complain about annoying things on the forum, can I just vent for a second?

Don't you hate when somebody posts a long rant and only uses one period?

As far as your original point goes, I saw a thread recently like that. And I saw a forum poster push back on the guy. Call him out for his math being wrong. And then that guy's math might have been wrong.

I don't think any of the people involved in the conversation was you, but maybe I'm wrong.

But if I'm right, my guy, what are you doing ranting about it instead of actually trying to help the person whose math was wrong?

Instead you're on here talking about gross profit percentage, and complaining that someone talked about how much profit they would make? Honestly, I don't even understand what you're ranting about...

I'm a big fan of three periods in a row, so I thought I'd respond...

Lastly, most of the window cleaning guys I think are still teenagers. I think it's pretty awesome that we have teenagers who are getting after it and not letting things like income statements bother them.

I think it's weird that you're spending time reading a teenager's thread, and then complaining that they are popular despite not having a 5 million dollar net worth.

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016

AFdJhpk.gif

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
If your talking about me, that was revenue I was talking about.

The whole point was to make 3.5m a year so I take home 500k.
I know my finance mate. I am filing my income statement every day, I have a spreadsheet for everything.

Usually I am respectful to misunderstandings like this but you krettin were somehow the only one who didn't get it and decided to be rude about it.

What were you doing at age 18? I doubt you were closing deals with Porsche dealerships...

But keep doing what you do. Waste this one life the universe gave you ranting on reddit about teens that accomplish more than you.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.