The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

For those who haven't made a sale yet...

ali.lari2x

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Dec 30, 2023
Let's help those who haven't made a sale yet.

For those who haven't made a sale yet, reply below with what you're struggling with.

In the meantime, here's some questions for you to ponder:

1) What currently keeps a roof over your head?

2) What do people already come to you for help with?

3) If someone had a gun to your head and said you need to make a sale this week then what would you do?

4) If money was no object what work would you be doing?
I’m struggling with convincing prospects (micro gym owners) through cold emails/DMs/calls that my pay-per-lead offer (and I empathize in my outreach that they are highly qualified through my lead nurturing follow-up system) is good enough. I used to think it was because of how young I am and how jaded those targeted niches have become due to lots of teenagers (I am one of them but I’m persevering through) hopping on the SMMA bandwagon thanks to Iman Gadzhi. However, it probably has to do with the offer of a lack of trust somewhere in the equation, or the tonality of my voice during the calls (I get slightly nervous, so much so that I actually avoided cold calls until literally 2 days ago).

As for your other questions:
1) I’m a university student, have a scholarship with a decent stipend so no debt but I don’t have much cash flow. Going into the workforce very soon.
2) My mom and relatives always come to me for tech-related things but in reality I look up half of the problems they come to me with on the spot and improvise a solution. I also get asked a lot about the gym and how to get fit as I’ve developed a quite muscular physique through 2.5 years of consistent lifting and 1 year of boxing.
3) A sh*t ton of cold calls, cold emails, and cold DMs non-stop. I would ruthlessly follow-up with each client on a regular basis. But they say desperation is a dealbreaker in sales and dating so I don’t know how well that would work.
4) Honestly? I would probably be training all day to become a professional boxer and with whatever spare time I have record basic YouTube videos to talk about life and improving oneself.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
I’m struggling with convincing prospects (micro gym owners) through cold emails/DMs/calls that my pay-per-lead offer (and I empathize in my outreach that they are highly qualified through my lead nurturing follow-up system) is good enough. I used to think it was because of how young I am and how jaded those targeted niches have become due to lots of teenagers (I am one of them but I’m persevering through) hopping on the SMMA bandwagon thanks to Iman Gadzhi. However, it probably has to do with the offer of a lack of trust somewhere in the equation, or the tonality of my voice during the calls (I get slightly nervous, so much so that I actually avoided cold calls until literally 2 days ago).

As for your other questions:
1) I’m a university student, have a scholarship with a decent stipend so no debt but I don’t have much cash flow. Going into the workforce very soon.
2) My mom and relatives always come to me for tech-related things but in reality I look up half of the problems they come to me with on the spot and improvise a solution. I also get asked a lot about the gym and how to get fit as I’ve developed a quite muscular physique through 2.5 years of consistent lifting and 1 year of boxing.
3) A sh*t ton of cold calls, cold emails, and cold DMs non-stop. I would ruthlessly follow-up with each client on a regular basis. But they say desperation is a dealbreaker in sales and dating so I don’t know how well that would work.
4) Honestly? I would probably be training all day to become a professional boxer and with whatever spare time I have record basic YouTube videos to talk about life and improving oneself.

The niche may be your problem. From my experience, the smaller the business the less receptive they are to any new services or products. There's a reason they're micro. Usually it has to do with the fact that they aren't entrepreneurial and are barely scraping by.

ali.lari2x

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Dec 30, 2023
The niche may be your problem. From my experience, the smaller the business the less receptive they are to any new services or products. There's a reason they're micro. Usually it has to do with the fact that they aren't entrepreneurial and are barely scraping by.
Interesting. I try to look out for signs of business-oriented owners (do they have a good lead magnet? how do they use their social media? is their website properly optimized for the purpose of getting more members?) when prospecting. I guess by micro gyms I didn’t mean outdated facilities but rather gyms that don’t have multiple branches or franchises. I think those would be very difficult to sell to as someone who’s just starting out.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
My mom and relatives always come to me for tech-related things but in reality I look up half of the problems they come to me with on the spot and improvise a solution.
Let me fix that for you:

My mom and relatives always come to me for tech-related things AND in reality I look up half of the problems they come to me with on the spot and improvise a solution.

Awesome! I was in IT for 15 years. My job was to look up half of the problems on the spot and improvise a solution.

After IT, I've been doing Google Ads for clients for 15 years. My job is to look up half of the problems on the spot and improvise a solution.

People want to hire problem solvers.

Enterpreneurs are problem solvers.

I’m struggling with convincing prospects (micro gym owners) through cold emails/DMs/calls that my pay-per-lead offer (and I empathize in my outreach that they are highly qualified through my lead nurturing follow-up system) is good enough.

Why start with pay-per-lead? Why not just find businesses that will pay you a flat monthly fee to do their marketing (maybe with any ad spend on top of that?).

I met a window repair guy years ago who wanted me to help with SEO (he meant Google Ads but had his terminology all over the place).

He liked the sound of what I'd setup and wanted to know how he'd pay.

I said he could pay per lead.

He asked "What's a lead?".

I smoothly said "Or you could pay a flat monthly fee to me and then the ad spend to Google. With Google you only pay when your ad shows and someone clicks on it. So if there's a riot in Dublin and a lot of shop owners search for "window repairs dublin" then you'll have a higher spend, but that should result in more jobs."

"Done." he said.

ali.lari2x

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Dec 30, 2023
Good stuff. I remember watching your video about school conditioning us with the the "learn theory -> apply theory" model not too long ago and as I walk past restaurants, coffee shops, entire government buildings, I noticed that everyone's figuring it out as they go and you just get better the more you do it. My main concern however is whether or not I'm headed in the right direction given my background, but the market doesn't care, they just want problems to be solved.
Why start with pay-per-lead? Why not just find businesses that will pay you a flat monthly fee to do their marketing (maybe with any ad spend on top of that?).
I initially started offering monthly flat fees, then switched to free trials, and now I'm on pay-per-lead (all have monthly ad spends of course) and I thought of it as a way of reducing the risk and making it easier to buy the service without risking a loss in money in case I don't get them the results. I would consider monthly fees but I highly suspect that will make it harder to land my first client and get a proper case study to showcase.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I initially started offering monthly flat fees, then switched to free trials, and now I'm on pay-per-lead (all have monthly ad spends of course) and I thought of it as a way of reducing the risk and making it easier to buy the service without risking a loss in money in case I don't get them the results. I would consider monthly fees but I highly suspect that will make it harder to land my first client and get a proper case study to showcase.
It's fine if you're still getting it off the ground and charging little or no fee for the first case studies. Just remember, they're not a client till they've paid.

Mr Prospect pays me first if he wants to become Mr Client.

Nesqic

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Jul 10, 2023
Let's help those who haven't made a sale yet.

For those who haven't made a sale yet, reply below with what you're struggling with.

In the meantime, here's some questions for you to ponder:

1) What currently keeps a roof over your head?

2) What do people already come to you for help with?

3) If someone had a gun to your head and said you need to make a sale this week then what would you do?

4) If money was no object what work would you be doing?
So I'm 15 years old and I don't wanna be all day long in an office working for someone else. I wanna help people and make money from it but I'm kinda lost and don't know how to start and what to do. I don't have any special skills I guess, except for my math skills and maybe drawing, but I'm not that good at it

1) My parents
2) It's not that they come to me cause they need help, it's more like I'm just talking with someone and if they kinda complain about something, I'm gonna try to help them as much as I can. Sometimes I'll teach them a couple of things and sometimes I just encourage them to try something new, have a new perspective and it often actually works
3) Teach math to someone who has problem with it
4) I would open a restaurant, not a typical one, but for gymrats. There would be 2 menus, one for bulking and one for cutting and there would be some small gym to get a pump whilst waiting for the meal

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
So I'm 15 years old and I don't wanna be all day long in an office working for someone else. I wanna help people and make money from it but I'm kinda lost and don't know how to start and what to do. I don't have any special skills I guess, except for my math skills and maybe drawing, but I'm not that good at it

1) My parents
2) It's not that they come to me cause they need help, it's more like I'm just talking with someone and if they kinda complain about something, I'm gonna try to help them as much as I can. Sometimes I'll teach them a couple of things and sometimes I just encourage them to try something new, have a new perspective and it often actually works
3) Teach math to someone who has problem with it
4) I would open a restaurant, not a typical one, but for gymrats. There would be 2 menus, one for bulking and one for cutting and there would be some small gym to get a pump whilst waiting for the meal
Can you teach someone Maths this week? Would you do it in person or online?

Nesqic

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Jul 10, 2023
Can you teach someone Maths this week? Would you do it in person or online?
Yes, I think I can. I know some people from the human class (Here in Poland we call the classes with extra polish, history and social class, human classes) and they kinda have some problem with it and I guess I can teach them this week in person

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.