The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

You don't need motivation, you need discipline.

Anything related to matters of the mind

arfadugus

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 5, 2014
I’m writing about cheese. Just keep writing and something will appear. I’m too tired to think clearly. When will the fog lift? Maybe in a few hours? This brain is finnicky and unreliable. Makes me wanna just simmalate into a robot already. Imagine a perfect robot mind. It’d be like taking some NZT-48 but it would never wear off. No side effects. No being tired. Unless I felt like dreaming. 49 years in 39 seconds I could spend in the matrix. Not the movie. But in my super fast robot mind.

All of this is coming to my dome. Straight off the top. Don’t stop till you drop. Keep flowin’ while it’s snowin’

Discipline. It equals freedom. But how? Discipline is doing something to achieve a goal no matter what. A set of rules you give yourself to achieve your goal. You follow them no matter what. No excuses. Are you free If you don’t accomplish your goals?

Freedom means the choice to do something. Without discipline you can not do it. You will be distracted by whatever life throws at you. It’s chaos out there. You can embrace it or get lost in it. That could mean the difference between exceptionalism and mediocrity.

You see. Sometimes you gotta roll with the punches. Sometimes you get to punch back. And sometimes you make it out alive. You have a rendezvous with death. Discipline, is what scares the piper. He likes taking you when you are weak, when you are thirsty, when you are sick, when you are afraid.

You can do anything by just doing it. You don’t need motivation, you don’t need a reason. Just do it. You’ll find a way. Do it no matter what. So that you can be free.

P.S. I know this is weird and may not make any sense. But some people you just have to reach out to differently.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
You sound very scattered. Are you OK? Yes, just doing it is the key to finding your way in life.

arfadugus

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 5, 2014
You sound very scattered. Are you OK? Yes, just doing it is the key to finding your way in life.
I’m ok haha I was just writing whatever popped up into my head. Not even sure why I posted it. Maybe I should take it down haha

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas
I learned nothing about cheese.

Although, someone wrote an entirely great book about finance based on cheese, you should check it out.

Maybe it’ll help you out.

Who moved my cheese?

mguerra

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Mar 23, 2015
Too much abstract and fancy motivation for a text stating that "you dont need motivation". And please, don't take it personal. Seems like you're on that phase where you brainwash yourself into becoming an execution machine, huh?

I've already been there and here is my $0.02 for you: create the habit of planning every damn days of yours and killing it. As simple as that.

Forget all the other motivational shit and just focus on this microprocess for a while. Make it a part of your day. Even better, make it a part of your life. After a while you'll become a person that just executes his stuff.

You don't need no super fast robot mind. You don't need a drug like NZT-48. Forget the magic pill, it's in your words. You need to train YOUR mind to repeat the effort of being the most productive person you can and execute the maximum amout of action everyday until you are really disciplined.

Now just go and do it.

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
I’m writing about cheese. Just keep writing and something will appear. I’m too tired to think clearly. When will the fog lift? Maybe in a few hours? This brain is finnicky and unreliable. Makes me wanna just simmalate into a robot already. Imagine a perfect robot mind. It’d be like taking some NZT-48 but it would never wear off. No side effects. No being tired. Unless I felt like dreaming. 49 years in 39 seconds I could spend in the matrix. Not the movie. But in my super fast robot mind.

All of this is coming to my dome. Straight off the top. Don’t stop till you drop. Keep flowin’ while it’s snowin’

Discipline. It equals freedom. But how? Discipline is doing something to achieve a goal no matter what. A set of rules you give yourself to achieve your goal. You follow them no matter what. No excuses. Are you free If you don’t accomplish your goals?

Freedom means the choice to do something. Without discipline you can not do it. You will be distracted by whatever life throws at you. It’s chaos out there. You can embrace it or get lost in it. That could mean the difference between exceptionalism and mediocrity.

You see. Sometimes you gotta roll with the punches. Sometimes you get to punch back. And sometimes you make it out alive. You have a rendezvous with death. Discipline, is what scares the piper. He likes taking you when you are weak, when you are thirsty, when you are sick, when you are afraid.

You can do anything by just doing it. You don’t need motivation, you don’t need a reason. Just do it. You’ll find a way. Do it no matter what. So that you can be free.

P.S. I know this is weird and may not make any sense. But some people you just have to reach out to differently.

by the way, a good program on self discipline is this

Amazon.com: Customer reviews: Neuropsychology of Self Discipline

self.jpg

you might like this as well:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/097550035X/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20

mental.jpg

i have found that if you don't have the right mental attitude in place

then you can't go anywhere worthwhile in life.

don't even try to do anything.

i was watching the Australian open final today

Caroline Wozniacky won

but she didn't win thanks to her great physical shape

the title was won years ago in her mind first.

wozniacki.jpg

you can't win a battle unless this is already won in your mind

battle.jpg

by the way , this is what the bible teaches :

bible.jpg

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
You see. Sometimes you gotta roll with the punches. Sometimes you get to punch back. And sometimes you make it out alive. You have a rendezvous with death. Discipline, is what scares .

discipline is not enough

you have to be so determined that you will win or die

you need rage, not only discipline

if you are not determined to get revenge when you lose then you won't achieve world class level. guaranteed

as usual, let's take examples because people won't believe me without real case studies

let's say that you are a chess player or a tennis player

if you say " well that's just life " when you lose, the odds are you won't go anywhere

top players whether it be chess, tennis or anything are very very upset and angry when they lose

federer.jpg

an average chess player will say " that's life"

but the world chess champion will be very angry and destroy the board. that's why he is world champion

he does not play to lose and say " that's life"

he does play to win and he won't accept anything else

he has to win or get revenge

chess.jpg

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.