The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

You can always tell them to go to hell tomorrow.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Wow. This this left the topic quickly.

giphy.gif

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia

giphy.gif
Haha the train wreck gif again.
Although men and women can be more deeply tuned to certain emotional elements and advantages, we would still make lots of errors all day long.

How we deal with people should be a progress of evolution...to provide value to others, as cliche as it sounds.

Real Deal Denver

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
245%
Jan 13, 2018
Denver, Colorado
So go ahead and attack what I've said - that's your opinion and certainly your right - and I'm perfectly OK with that.
I have as much right to point it out as you have to have it.

I agree. And I said that.

I have consistently been told by colleagues of both sexes, employers, friends and family that I "don't think like a woman" and that the reason I don't experience a lot of the gender bias many women complain of is that I have a "male brain," whatever the hell that means.

Are you saying there are notable differences between men and women - in general? How can we make a sweeping general statement like that? I don't detect any sarcasm or veiled insult in that statement. It may be a compliment of sorts, meaning, for example, that you have assertive take charge qualities and can be depended on to be a leader. Is that sexist? Maybe. I think we can all agree though, that is a more common trait in men, than women. Or maybe not. Joan of Arc comes to mind. And I recently saw the movie Harriet, which was a story of a truly heroic and determined woman. Sexist? Who cares - if I can't compliment qualities in a woman, and you prefer me to be silent - well, sorry - you lose. Reread the first quote of this post - ah yes - you ARE entitled to your opinion, yada, yada, yada - so we can stop the bashing now.

Well I mean, it's a very well known fact that men tend to miss the point of things, and are very skilled at it too. /s ;)

Well, I think we can all agree on that, as well. As a man, I don't take that as an insult in any way.

The point of the article is to be emotionally intelligent and not lose temper and say stupid stuff.
Looks like you are calling for a pissing contest. Sorry, not gonna humor you. I only got facts
sex·ist

characterized by or showing prejudice, stereotyping, or discrimination, typically against women, on the basis of sex.

You are showing prejudice and generalization in your comment
You're generalizing.
Nah I'm not, and don't worry about being perfect either. But when I do make a generalization I acknowledge it, apologize and move on.

Absolutely no need for any apology. I think it's ok to generalize, and most people do it. No. Big. Thing. I prefer to call it an opinion. How about putting a different spin on it - like, for example, "women are beautiful and lovely creatures that bring such joy into men's lives." Oh - that's a good thing, so I guess we can't get bent out of shape over that, can we?

I admit that my commentary is not perfectly sterile. However, it contains no insults either. I guess you see what you want to see.

Your unhealthy relationships don't reflect the rest of us out there. You're just prejudiced and resentful.

Would calling me "Son of Satan" be going too far? As I've told people a few times over the years, "I've been called much worse by much better people than you." And yet, I manage to deal with it. I can only imagine how a genuine insult of some kind might have been received. Burning flags in the street and chanting "Death to America!" See any semblance? Grow some skin.

Can YOU have the OPINION that you hate people that have opinions?

People are entitled to opinions, and have them on almost every topic; men, women, food, sports teams, and the biggie - politicians. If you want to sanitize every single comment and filter out every single opinion, then we'd have an incredibly dull existence here, wouldn't we? If you think there was any shred of hate or intolerance in my post, my my; you are in for a miserable life. I've seen people that are unhappy, that shouldn't be. I'm getting clear signals here as to why that may be. Be happy. Or, look for issues and make something out of nothing - your choice. And this is going to play out every single day of your life. As one of my favorite authors (Norman Vincent Peale) said, "Change your thoughts and change your world."

To her, she was being attacked. I doubt it was that at all. If and when she takes the stance to over-deliver, she will gladly be receiving praise.

What a novel idea. I am beginning to understand how people that dig and look for trouble are their own worst enemy. The posts here have certainly shed light on that way of thinking. I never knew how vehement the WOMEN here could get - I mean, PEOPLE - over a mere observation. Fascinating, Jim.

And now - if it's possible - here is a bit of levity about how SOME men and women MAY act differently so that we can ALL have a little laugh.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I do this in the forum as well as real life.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I suppose your avatar is the face you make when it happens :rofl: :rofl:
It could well be! That’s actually my “How do I create an avatar for social media?” face.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Ok, I tried to take the high road. And I gave it a day...

My Dad has a saying. "Don't listen to the man who says he has women figured out. That man is a liar." :rofl: We have a good laugh anytime he says it.

Not to be sexist but, how many females stopped reading at "Not to be sexist, but"? And how many males read on? :jawdrop: :rofl: :innocent: :halo:

I stopped reading. I only went back to read it because Kak praised it.

I do the same thing if someone says "Not to be racist" or "Honestly, here's what I think..." These are clues that some shady stuff is probably about to be said.

It is one thing to confidently point out a difference between the sexes. It is another to label your own post sexist and then prove that it is.

One starts a conversation of equals. The other, of adversaries.

There is a lesson to be learned in this thread, and the man trying hardest to teach it should do a better job learning it.

Not to be ageist, but let's see if we can teach an old dog a new trick, shall we? :rofl:

Or, maybe they have a formed opinion about differences between men and women. No harm, no foul. Get over it. It's not a bad thing.

Let's agree to tell it like it is, ok?

It actually can be a bad thing. And harmful. And foul.

How?

"It ain’t what you don’t know that gets you into trouble. It’s what you know for sure that just ain’t so."

I never knew how vehement the WOMEN here could get - I mean, PEOPLE - over a mere observation.

You didn't know? Ok. Maybe you've been living under a rock. Or maybe you just ignore it when it happens.

But have you tried to listen to the feedback? Because you didn't share an observation. You said we were telling it like it is.

And what if your opinions about women are wrong?

For example:

I think we can all agree though, that is a more common trait in men, than women.

Hmmm... Really? Well...

Ask any kindergarten teacher how many assertive girls are in the class, and how many assertive boys. Plenty of young minds try to lead, regardless of gender.

And yet, in the era you grew up in, the men became assertive leaders. So you and many many others think assertiveness is a male trait. I used to think so too.

Until I had kids. My girl is a born leader. My son? Way laid back. He is learning to assert himself.

And in their classes I saw first hand plenty of assertive little girls.

So what happens to all the assertive girls?

Seriously, stop for a second and ask yourself this question....

What happens to all the assertive little girls?

Well, we know they don't get to be president, in this country.

But look around the world today. You don't have to go to Joan of Arc or movies for strong female leadership examples. Women have led countries for centuries.

What if it isn't a male trait? What if you start to see the younger women in your life as super capable assertive leaders and start to mentor them as such? Would that change anything in your world? Would that change anything in theirs?

Maybe you do mentor young women. Maybe you secretly coach a field hockey team. I don't know.

I'm guessing not though, because your comments in this thread make you sound like somebody that's a little hard to work with and someone who doesn't accept feedback well. You've got a "my way or the highway" kind of vibe to you.

So I'm not saying don't generalise. Our brains are wired to generalise. I'm saying don't get it wrong.

And since we all make mistakes, I'm saying when you do get it wrong and people from that group try to point it out, learn from it.

Instead, you are digging in your heels or worse, copping out with "I'm just sharing an opinion...". You can't convince the women your opinion is right, so you just bemoan the loss of "free speech." You want to go back to the good old days when women just rolled their eyes when a man said dumb stuff.

Do you see how messed up it is that you are telling assertive women that assertiveness is a male trait? And you think everyone agrees with you? And you don't think you're being the least bit insulting by saying this?

You accidently insult people and cry innocence. I know you don't intend to be insulting. What if you accidently rear end somebody in a car? You didn't intend to hit the car. Do you say it's hilarious and tell them to get over it?

What if, instead of dismissing the criticism you hear as if it is coming from weak people who get upset too easily and can't stand to hear an opinion they don't like (yep, that's pretty sexist), what if you saw these women as busy capable leaders that are taking time out of their busy lives to assertively try to help you better communicate with 50% of the population?

Would that change anything in this thread? On this forum?

A wise man once said...

"Change your thoughts and change your world."

You brought it up. I assume you believe it. But are you going to live it?

I challenge you, as a leader and as a man, show us how to be humble enough to do this.

Or is it only other people, oh I mean women younger than you, that need changing?

Because that would be pretty sexist...

-----------------

If you are a man reading this, I challenge you as well. Take a hard look at your assumptions about women.

We are all on here to be or become entrepreneurs. I am not some social justice warrior fighting for all things liberal left. I am a believer in truth. And if you hold wrong ideas in your head about any group, gender, race, etc, it will hold you back in business in ways you will be blind to see. This thread is just one example. I see so many like it on this forum. You will have difficulty leading people like that, and you will have difficulty serving customers like that.

At the very least, become a better marketer by educating yourself about other people's beliefs.

But more importantly, become a better leader.

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL

giphy.gif

I'm sorry @Kak, I didn't mean to derail your train. You were sharing something of value indeed. And thank you @BizyDad for articulating things way better than me.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I'm sorry @Kak, I didn't mean to derail your train. You were sharing something of value indeed. And thank you @BizyDad for articulating things way better than me.

Meh. It happens to all of us. Just ironic that it happened in a "bite your tongue" thread.

RDD could have had some tact.

You and GigMistress could have told him to go to hell tomorrow. :rofl:

Real Deal Denver

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
245%
Jan 13, 2018
Denver, Colorado
RDD could have had some tact.

I did. After an exhaustive reply, I let it go. I have more to deal with than snowflakes with hurt feelings that have a bloodthirst for revenge - for nothing. Oh no - was that not tactful? So little time - so many snowflakes.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I did. After an exhaustive reply, I let it go. I have more to deal with than snowflakes with hurt feelings that have a bloodthirst for revenge - for nothing. Oh no - was that not tactful? So little time - so many snowflakes.
giphy.gif

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Lol. I just stopped in for some good advice. Instead the theme which was supposed to be present has taken a complete 180.

Can we say that this is the internet in general these days? Everyone has a soap box, whether they deserve one or not.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Lol. I just stopped in for some good advice. Instead the theme which was supposed to be present has taken a complete 180.

Can we say that this is the internet in general these days? Everyone has a soap box, whether they deserve one or not.

Is that you speaking from a soapbox GPM?

b91.gif

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
An article worth reviewing before someone has the urge to fire up a Tweet and ruin their career.

Real Deal Denver

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
245%
Jan 13, 2018
Denver, Colorado
Hey @Kak, funny how things pop up when you are involved with something. The clip below was on my Facebook feed. Thought you might like it.

As one example here, do you know what I like about @minivanman? First of all, he NEVER had a dull post - I've learned a lot from him about many different things. Secondly, although we've never met, I feel I know where he stands on business issues. He speaks up and always - always - has great stories to tell.

Contrast that to some people I know that are super careful to not say something that would reflect an opinion - and therefore they have no stories. Dull city.

For the part of the world that wants to take care to not offend anyone, I submit the following;

With that - I am OUT. Done. A reply here will not be answered. I didn't want to add to this, but this clip was just so perfect, I had to share it. I have memorized this, and I am sure that I will make use of it.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Hey @Kak, funny how things pop up when you are involved with something. The clip below was on my Facebook feed. Thought you might like it.

As one example here, do you know what I like about @minivanman? First of all, he NEVER had a dull post - I've learned a lot from him about many different things. Secondly, although we've never met, I feel I know where he stands on business issues. He speaks up and always - always - has great stories to tell.

Contrast that to some people I know that are super careful to not say something that would reflect an opinion - and therefore they have no stories. Dull city.

For the part of the world that wants to take care to not offend anyone, I submit the following;

View attachment 29752

With that - I am OUT. Done. A reply here will not be answered. I didn't want to add to this, but this clip was just so perfect, I had to share it. I have memorized this, and I am sure that I will make use of it.
I am replying to you. Right here. "I'm not going to reply."

It is yesterday's tomorrow and you can go right to hell! Mr. :rofl:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.