The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Wow..talk about stealing from TMF lol

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Now, will I sign up for his service? Nope. I don't even know what he's offering. The copy is too painful to read.

Even worse, the information sounds like a scam....
Did MJ trademark the Fastlane concepts? Copyright? A huge lawsuit would send this a$$ to his funeral.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Even worse, the information sounds like a scam....
Did MJ trademark the Fastlane concepts? Copyright? A huge lawsuit would send this a$$ to his funeral.

Words like fast lane can't be protected

Infringement lawsuits are extremely expensive

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Words like fast lane can't be protected

Infringement lawsuits are extremely expensive
But at least the Commandment of Entry is reinforced?

Waspy

Float like a butterfly
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
461%
Dec 6, 2016
U.K.
MJ would have to be pretty insecure to sue this guy.

Copycats come with the success. You just need to have the confidence to know that you are better. (The market knows you are too.)

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
MJ would have to be pretty insecure to sue this guy.

Copycats come with the success. You just need to have the confidence to know that you are better. (The market knows you are too.)
Now to think of it, I remember that MJ faced the same thing in his limo business when he arranged his lead generation model. A whole line of copycats behind him, but he just did his thing and they fell away...
I guess that should be my concern...my own reality of giving value rather than others, who think of the cash and riches.

Scott Oldford

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Apr 26, 2008
Hey guys, Scott here.

I figured I'd chat in here real quick -- since someone was nice enough to post on a Facebook Post of mine and Google Alerts let me know :).

I give full credit where credit is due.
MJ influenced my life in a huge way, about 3.5 years ago when I was in a lot of debt, I used to bring his book to the gym with me on the treadmill almost every day... after selling "out" to an agency and giving up on my dream and my mission, it helped me find my passion again, when I didn't "want" to find it.

I go as far as talking about his book and how much I respect him in a multitude of ways and even include an interview with him in our Online Lead Generation course - The SSF (Sidewalk, Slow Lane, Fast Lane), telling those who buy into what we do (and even those that don't at times), that this book along with The Freaks Shall Inherit the Earth (Chris Brogan) changed the game for me.

If you read into the methodology, while it uses the same language, the mentality is about buyer awareness (cold, warm, hot leads), not specific to finances and life and/or business in the Million Dollar FastLane.

I was also set to speak specifically on this method back at the Feb meet-up - I canceled. I was in Florida beforehand, had a flight from there and got sick on the way... Iit was last minute, I didn't get a reply after I let the team know, I reached out a few times after, however, I figured I burnt a bridge (that I obviously never would want to burn). I didn't intend to not go -- I even promoted this internally to my customer-base at the time.

Simply put - MJ's book changed my life. He also changed my beliefs on the fact that I could be who I was... the weird, geeky "fat kid" that grew up and always seeking validation from the business world.

Anyways, there isn't a person that I talk too, where this doesn't come up in my story... it was just too impactful.
I do apologize, if as a community you feel that I'm overstepping a boundary and I've reached out to MJ again to chat on this, again, yesterday evening.

Talk soon.

Sevran

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Dec 27, 2016
They do say that imitation is the greatest form of Compliment... However this is RIP Off Central

MidwestLandlord

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
759%
Dec 6, 2016
I do apologize, if as a community you feel that I'm overstepping a boundary....

Lot's of excuses in your reply. Very defensive posturing and mental gymnastics to rationalize mistakes you have made.

This community and this thread just gave you tremendously valuable feedback on your product. I hope you learn from that.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Lot's of excuses in your reply. Very defensive posturing and mental gymnastics to rationalize mistakes you have made.

This community and this thread just gave you tremendously valuable feedback on your product. I hope you learn from that.
f5a3309ff72782bd6618b816ba7d3d7f231a2867aa56ff51d4d78d2a2321dd41.jpg

Almantas

Nothing to Lose
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
475%
Dec 21, 2015
Ireland
Instead of a novel he could've made a video explaining value of his service to his targeted audience and have a clear CTA. Anyways, I think he's like one of these guys who reads a single book on self-development one day and launches a personal-development coaching program the next.

LifeTransformer

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Feb 20, 2015
Instead of a novel he could've made a video explaining value of his service to his targeted audience and have a clear CTA. Anyways, I think he's like one of these guys who reads a single book on self-development one day and launches a personal-development coaching program the next.

I love this HAHA!

Reminds me of the old; "Learn how to make money online by selling people courses on how to make money online" circle jerk.

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
If you read into the methodology, while it uses the same language, the mentality is about buyer awareness (cold, warm, hot leads), not specific to finances and life and/or business in the Million Dollar FastLane.

You say it uses the same language... but it's the same exact words which is a straight up rip-off..

If it was your own idea/product and something from your personal experience you would've used something completely different instead of Sidewalker, Slowlane, and Fastlane. You took a major shortcut by taking the words straight out of MJ's book. For example if you were using the same language but deriving from your personal experience and you used using a "tier" concept "similar" to MJ, you could've done something completely different especially if it comes to leads. "cold, warm and hot" has several other opportunities for example like "associate of a friend, friend, best friend" that can be more catchy and relatable. BUTTTT you decided to go with MJ's words and tried to take a short cut.

I hope you move away from this, good luck to you sir.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Props that at least you had the kahunas to own it and post here.

I just finished a draft of a book and I specifically went back through it to eliminate some language that had the potential to infringe on somebody else's thought process. There are so many millions of words in the English language that I just didn't want to run the risk of poking the exact hornets nest that you just poked. There's just too many ways to do things right to spend any time doing them wrong.

You could re-wordsmith it without losing any of your intended focus.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Leads... cold, warm, hot... makes perfect sense to me.

Why confuse readers by bringing in terms that don't even match what you're trying to explain?

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
543%
Jan 13, 2014
you assclowns... now I see this sucker's ugly mug all over my Facebook feed.

Oh the horror.

I started seeing these ads right after posting on this thread. Same with Tai F'ing Lopez. I didn't even know who Tai Lopez was until you dbags started complaining about him, and now I see his ads every day. That's an innocence I can never get back.

The only way to stop the impending thousand year Zuckerreich is to log out of FB and clear your cookies BEFORE doing anything else on your browser.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Scott has contacted me and while he technically or legally needs to do absolutely nothing about this, he has agreed to cite credit to TMF in his verbiage.

I didn't even know who Tai Lopez was until you dbags started complaining about him

Ha Ha -- we are the best of MOFOs aren't we?

Leads... cold, warm, hot... makes perfect sense to me.

Why confuse readers by bringing in terms that don't even match what you're trying to explain?

Which brings us to another question...

What would be a better 3-tier structure for the meaning he is trying to convey?

1) Sleepers (cold)
2) Listeners (warm)
3) Jumpers (hot)

Perhaps we can shift his branding around.

I dunno, just doing some brainstorming which is always fun.

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
What would be a better 3-tier structure for the meaning he is trying to convey?

1) Sleepers (cold)
2) Listeners (warm)
3) Jumpers (hot)

blows my examples out of the water... seems like i have some work to do :notworthy:

Argue

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Oct 1, 2016
NYC
Here are my analogies:

1. Punter
2. Field Goal
3. Touchdown

Punter: similar to the side walker, these people fail to take action.

Field Goal Kicker: similar to the slow lane, these people understand responsibility. However, they believe in the get rich slow approach to win at life.

Touchdowner: similar to the fastlane, these people take control of time and leverage. They go for the big gains.

TKDTyler

The Tea Guy
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
347%
Aug 25, 2014
Simply put - MJ's book changed my life. He also changed my beliefs on the fact that I could be who I was... the weird, geeky "fat kid" that grew up and always seeking validation from the business world.

Any reason you didn't provide value back to the source of your inspiration before trying to sell it to the world?

_Master_Shake

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
234%
Nov 28, 2016
Illinois
Looks like there's some new tool now, Logan Shippy. I just started seeing his sponsored ads in my newsfeed too. Talking about trading "time for money" and starting an online business.

Jonathan Polley

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Feb 26, 2016
Valencia, Spain
LOL.. yup.. I had a quick look at his site and now his ad's are showing up on my Facebook feed.

But then, there is an interesting lesson here to take away. And that is that Facebooks "pixel" is a really powerful tool. That everyone should be using if they have any thoughts of running ads on Facebook.

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
seriously guys... like seriously?

i haven’t even finished the thread yet!!!

roi.jpg

Oh well, i guess it gives me an excuse to consider an subscription to fl INSIDERS

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.