The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Would $300 & 2 Weeks Reveal a Market Need? Let's Find Out!

Idea threads

addV

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Sep 27, 2018
Hey Forum Fam!

Confession: I'm that person always in 'analysis paralysis' mode—dreaming up perfect products but never acting. Everyone talks about MVPs, and honestly, I'm wondering: can setting up a landing page and driving traffic really test the waters?

So, I've set aside $300 and 2 weeks. My gut tells me it’s too simplistic and might flop. But, I'm pushing past my hesitation. I'm aiming for action over inaction.

The Experiment: Gauge interest in a course about proactive longevity strategies.

My Concerns:
  • Health topics are touchy. FYI, I'm not a doc.
  • Aiming to collect 60 emails. Sounds ambitious? It means $5/email on a landing page that frankly lacks flair. Thoughts?
Dived into the deep end and picked Leadpages (they had a trial). Gave it an hour. Not proud of the output, but remember: action over perfection. Is it even good enough, or should I pump in more cash for better quality? Despite the self-doubt, I'm forging ahead!

Speaking of the landing page, take a look: My Quickfire Landing Page. (Please don't sign up so we can keep our stats accurate)

Set up a Google campaign (LinkedIn wasn't playing nice with my new account, and Facebook ads? Never been there). Chat GPT lent a helping hand.

Here’s a sneak peek of the Google Campaign, and yep, it's as basic as it gets, and nope, I'm not beaming with pride over it: Google Ads Preview

Your Thoughts? Do you think this test has any validity, given the 'quick and dirty' approach to the landing page and ads?

Expectations are low, but if this experiment gives me even a couple of actionable insights, I'll consider it a win.

Back soon with updates! Would love to hear your insights and tips in the meantime.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Joejordan95

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Sep 12, 2021
U.K
feel like if I was a customer then to get me to sign up I'd like something in return right now like an e-book or something.

Couple more pics would be too - could get some freelancer on fiverr or upwork to do a short video on what it is i'll be benefitting from and how it'll benefit me.

Look forward to seeing how this goes for you

Best of luck

journeyman

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Apr 18, 2017
United States
I personally would not sign up for a course announcement from someone I don't know, without some sort of lead magnet (e-book, youtube video with credentials, anything really). Thus I would not trust your test results as they would have to do more with the way the offer is structured rather than whether there is a real need.

I suggest improving further before launching/testing

addV

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Sep 27, 2018
feel like if I was a customer then to get me to sign up I'd like something in return right now like an e-book or something.

Couple more pics would be too - could get some freelancer on fiverr or upwork to do a short video on what it is i'll be benefitting from and how it'll benefit me.
Thanks, valuable input!

I personally would not sign up for a course announcement from someone I don't know, without some sort of lead magnet (e-book, youtube video with credentials, anything really). Thus I would not trust your test results as they would have to do more with the way the offer is structured rather than whether there is a real need.

I suggest improving further before launching/testing
Why the skepticism towards the results? Isn't an email submission a clear indication of interest in the content? What other reasons might there be for someone to leave their email?

While I might hesitate to leave my own email, doesn’t the act of others doing so validate their genuine interest?

alexXx9

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Sep 4, 2023
I am doing a similar test, although I spent a lot of time improving the landing page, using pictures, bullet points, good graphics, copywriting template, doing research, I had 250 click and 0 ebook sold... Your landing page isn't attractive at all, not much information, you need to write a longer landing page and dive deeper into the details of what you offer, while trying to engage, hook and give value to the resder... Then you need images

and waitlists are meeh... I wouldn't subscribe to a page like this, would you? Also the thumbnail of the google ads is cutted, not enough effort in my opinion

addV

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Sep 27, 2018
The results are in! I hoped to get 60 emails using $300, and we ended up with 41 emails. Considering our ads and landing page were a bit basic (to put it nicely), that's not too bad!

Here are the key numbers:
  • Cost Per Email: $7.17
Lead Pages:
  • Visitors: 6,078
  • Emails Collected: 41
  • Conversion Rate: 0.69%
Google Ads:
  • Clicks: 10,000
  • Times Shown (Impressions): 425K
    Cost Per Click: $0.03

And now, I need your advice: what do these numbers tell us?

Shall I
:
  • Polish the ad and landing page to drop that lead cost?
  • Send a survey to these 41 leads to better understand them?
  • Venture boldly into a sale attempt?
  • Juggle both? Abandon ship?

PS:
The ads were limited, especially in some countries. I forgot to add Google Analytics, so I'm not sure where our visitors are located.

There were some issues using the word “healthspan” in the ads which I could easily fix I guess, and there is one part about ”Health in personalised advertising” that I am not sure it can be fixed because reading the policy I can't quite figure out how we are breaching it.

1696517457048.png

Moiz

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Sep 8, 2023
The results are in! I hoped to get 60 emails using $300, and we ended up with 41 emails. Considering our ads and landing page were a bit basic (to put it nicely), that's not too bad!

Here are the key numbers:
  • Cost Per Email: $7.17
Lead Pages:
  • Visitors: 6,078
  • Conversion Rate: 0.69%
Google Ads:
  • Clicks: 10,000
  • Times Shown (Impressions): 425K
    Cost Per Click: $0.03

Shall I
:

PS:
The ads were limited, especially in some countries. I forgot to add Google Analytics, so I'm not sure where our visitors are located.

There were some issues using the word “healthspan” in the ads which I could easily fix I guess, and there is one part about ”Health in personalised advertising” that I am not sure it can be fixed because reading the policy I can't quite figure out how we are breaching it.

View attachment 51694
It would be better if you make the email section a little big

journeyman

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Apr 18, 2017
United States
Thanks, valuable input!

Why the skepticism towards the results? Isn't an email submission a clear indication of interest in the content? What other reasons might there be for someone to leave their email?

While I might hesitate to leave my own email, doesn’t the act of others doing so validate their genuine interest?
Agreed, I'm not skeptical about the results at all. What I am saying is that if you didn't get any results, you wouldn't have been able to pinpoint if it's because the marketing is not good, or because there is no need.
In any case, this point is invalid since you got some e-mail sign-ups. Sweet! As to whether that is enough to proceed, I'm not qualified to comment on.

Mister

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
May 22, 2021
Germany

Shall I
:
Good job on the execution.

Try to sell them something. The end goal is always to make some $.

When it works, even when you just make a few sales, u build yourself a biz.

When you know how to make $ with it then I would look at all the numbers and try to optimize it.

My idea would be a pre sale to a course or with affiliate.

You have the ability to choose where the ads are shown.

For tracking check out Mantomo, maybe not the best of the world but it does it job and is easy to set up.

MRiabov

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
May 30, 2023
Let's get you thinking: what relative value are you providing?

addV

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Sep 27, 2018
Alright, so I had committed myself to execute till the end.

I crafted another landing page, with a purchase button for $49.00.

I sent an email to all the leads I had gotten and spent $400 in Google Adwords and I got… 0 sales.

Funny enough, Google granted me another $400, which led to me re-enabling the ads yesterday, and I magically got 1 sale. There are still $300 left in that credit.

vladikcm

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Jul 2, 2022
Spain
Try sending a personal message to @Andy Black. He is an expert in Google Ads and he will give you a template with all the posts he made on those topics.
Maybe he can offer you some help.
Can you share the website link?

addV

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Sep 27, 2018
Try sending a personal message to @Andy Black. He is an expert in Google Ads and he will give you a template with all the posts he made on those topics.
Maybe he can offer you some help.
Can you share the website link?
This is the website: Longevity Academy Blueprint

There are 150$ left as Google credit, the plan is to finish it and see the results.

So far: 400$ spend -> 0 Sales, but generated 400$ of credit
250$ of credit -> 2 Sales (49$ each)

I had set a threshold of 4 sales for each 400$ to qualify the experiment as successful

vladikcm

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Jul 2, 2022
Spain
This is the website: Longevity Academy Blueprint

There are 150$ left as Google credit, the plan is to finish it and see the results.

So far: 400$ spend -> 0 Sales, but generated 400$ of credit
250$ of credit -> 2 Sales (49$ each)

I had set a threshold of 4 sales for each 400$ to qualify the experiment as successful
If you want my opinion (as a user that would enter your website), I would add some improvements on the web design:

-Add a favicon, I can see you set up a Wordpress site, maybe include a professional logo made with AI.
-Some text of the website is too small! Consider making it bigger.
-It looks like you have used a template and dumped content into it. Consider using a more professional template, maybe use Elementor templates.
-There is no menu, making the user hard to go to specific parts.
-Put less but more key text: putting too much text might look overwhelming to the user.
- Make a background story of who you are and why are you selling these services, this will probably bring proximity with the user.

Either way, congrats on the two sales!

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Spotted I got tagged.

@addV ... can you summarise what you've done, your results, and what you're thinking of doing next?

addV

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Sep 27, 2018
@addV ... can you summarise what you've done, your results, and what you're thinking of doing next?

Goal: Gauge interest in a course about proactive longevity strategies - validate if there is a market need

Step 1 - Getting leads (emails):
  • Created a landing page with the SAAS LeadPages with a goal of collecting emails
  • Set up an awful Google Ads campaign (no previous experience) and spent ~350$
Step 2 - Trying to sell to the leads:
Step 3 - Trying to sell to new leads:
  • Hired someone in Fiverr to set up a new Google Ads campaign against the new landing page
    • "Performance Max" type of campaign. USA, UK and Switzerland. Not sure the keywords are well chosen
  • Spent 750$ and got 2 sales (49$ each)

What I am thinking of doing next
Not sure. I had defined success as selling half of what I spend on ads, because the landing page and ads I am sure can be highly improved. This was not achieved, so I am considering if it is worth it to continue or can already be called a failure.

Thank you for any thoughts.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Goal: Gauge interest in a course about proactive longevity strategies - validate if there is a market need

Step 1 - Getting leads (emails):
  • Created a landing page with the SAAS LeadPages with a goal of collecting emails
  • Set up an awful Google Ads campaign (no previous experience) and spent ~350$
Step 2 - Trying to sell to the leads:
Step 3 - Trying to sell to new leads:
  • Hired someone in Fiverr to set up a new Google Ads campaign against the new landing page
    • "Performance Max" type of campaign. USA, UK and Switzerland. Not sure the keywords are well chosen
  • Spent 750$ and got 2 sales (49$ each)

What I am thinking of doing next
Not sure. I had defined success as selling half of what I spend on ads, because the landing page and ads I am sure can be highly improved. This was not achieved, so I am considering if it is worth it to continue or can already be called a failure.

Thank you for any thoughts.
Everyone seems to spend too much money getting data with Google Ads. Also, Performance Max needs data for Google's algorithms to dial on. I prefer to get the insights myself and not pay Google for Google to learn.

This might help:

Backing up a bit though. Have you bounced around in relevant forums and Facebook groups chatting about longevity?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.