The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Wisdom Quotes of the Day

emmdamo

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Jul 1, 2019
Life isn't simply about getting through the day to get onto the next. It is about making the world a better place for those around us - Mary Lee Gannon

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

emmdamo

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Jul 1, 2019
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody. - Bill Cosby

emmdamo

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Jul 1, 2019
If you want to be productive and tackle projects you’ve been avoiding, you’ll have to use self-discipline some of the time. - Richard Wanlass

emmdamo

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Jul 1, 2019
The key to life is to be round the people who will empower you to reach the next level in life! -
Adam Burns; Sandra Banks, Leadership Basics

emmdamo

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Jul 1, 2019
Fear doesn't exist anywhere except in the mind. - Dale Carnegie

emmdamo

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Jul 1, 2019
HOPE is not a strategy, LUCK is not a factor, FEAR is not an Option. - James Cameron

emmdamo

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Jul 1, 2019
All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward. - Ellen Glasgow

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
I'm barging in here.

From Robert Caro's masterpiece, The Power Broker:

"'Oh, you get used to it after a while.' The implications of that reply should be considered. 'Get used to it. Accept as part of your daily existence two or three or more hours sitting amid dirt, crammed against strangers, breathing foul air, sweating in summer, shivering in winter. Accept that you will be doing this for a substantial portion of every working day of your life until you are old.'' 'Get used to it.' One has to think about what those words, so casually uttered, really mean. One has to realize that the man uttering those words has accepted discomfort and exhaustion as a part, a substantial part, of the fabric of his life; accepted them so completely that he no longer really thinks about, or about the amount of his life of which they are, day by day, robbing him. We learn to tolerate intolerable conditions. The numbness that is the defense against intolerable pain has set in so firmly that many of the victims no longer even realize that the pain is pain."

Don't let yourself get trapped by the script.

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
“The true genius is a mind of large general powers, accidentally determined to some particular direction.” ~Samuel Johnson

emmdamo

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Jul 1, 2019
When progress is slow and you are feeling down. Keep moving forward and hold your ground - Catherine Pulsifer, Keep Your Focus

emmdamo

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Jul 1, 2019
To be kind is good. To be kind without expecting anything in return is better. - Tariq Ramadan

emmdamo

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Jul 1, 2019
Old age and death can teach us a great deal, and that being prepared for death also means being prepared for life. - Elli H Radinger. The Wisdom of Old Dogs: Lessons in life, love and friendship

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
To understand the heart and mind of a person, look not at what he has already achieved, but at what he aspires to. - Khalil Gibran
Hmm... I think I prefer:

“Tell me what you’ve done and I’ll tell you who you are.”

D

Deleted74396

Working on my depression as you might know so this lyric hit me more than usual today:
Looking to the future never seemed to make you happy
Took you from reality, yeah, yeah
Imagining the worst like it's gonna end so badly, yeah, yeah

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
D

Deleted74396

I get the loose idea but it's so hard to internalise. I'm reading the power of now so that should help me fully understand it better. I can appreciate the moment and good things but making those connections to what I need to be doing to progress is hard. I used to know exactly what to do/be doing, it would just come to me, I'm hoping one of the lessons I'm learning will flick that switch in my brain again.

XxThelionxX

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 26, 2017
Texas
I don't think of work as work, and play as play. It's all living

emmdamo

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Jul 1, 2019
In times of great stress or adversity, it's always best to keep busy, to plow your anger and your energy into something positive. - Lee Iacocca

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
I am also a follower of a Li Xiao Lai, a Chinese billionaire who invest in crypto projects. He has many good quotes and ideas and I will just name a few in my heads.

1) Seek Growth, not success because the former is something we can control and it will work its magic like compound interest.

2) Having a deep understanding of somethings requires nothing but spending time pondering about it.

3) All success “theories” deliver misery because it mislead its readers in thinking you can achieve greatness through one idea or one concept.

4) Success methodologies are important but it pales when it compares to persistent hardwork. Success is often about surviving and persisting until the good time come.

5)What we refer to as being successful is really about comparing person to person.

6)My crypto mining investment has been a disaster. In the world of business and finance the most efficient way to make money is to use money. In crypto world is using fiat to buy coins.

7) Focus>Time>Money. Outsource everything that you can spend money on to save time. Everyone heard of the saying “Rich people spend money to buy time And poor people spend time to save money.” What is more important than the concept of time is the concept of focus. Focusing on something meaningful over a long time will give you an amazing return.

emmdamo

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Jul 1, 2019
Change your thoughts and you change your world. - Norman Vincent Peale

emmdamo

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Jul 1, 2019
Breaking certain connections in your life will set you free. - Jerry Dorsman; Bob Davis, How to Achieve Peace of Mind

emmdamo

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Jul 1, 2019
Don't bother just to be better than others. Try to be better than yourself. - William Faulkner

emmdamo

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Jul 1, 2019
We are told that talent creates its own opportunities. But it sometimes seems that intense desire creates not only its own opportunities, but its own talents. - Eric Hoffer

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.