The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Why Ferraris Keep People Poor

BlakeIC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 9, 2014
Not Washington
I wish I had seen this video years ago, it would have saved me a great deal of frustration.

Maybe it will save you that frustration too?

(This is for newbies. Well newbie me would have benefitted from this)

edit:

Before you make an assumption and a stupid comment based on the title, watch the video.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Sanj Modha

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Feb 16, 2016
In Your Newsfeed
I sold my car 2 years ago, moved to Asia and never been happier. All I need is Grab and Uber now - it's quick, cheap and convenient.

A car for me is a liability and I'll never own one again. Ever.

BlakeIC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 9, 2014
Not Washington
meh, I love cars and bikes and will always buy them. Just don't make them overtake your life and become a distraction for you, that's all, have self control. If you can't control yourself, then yes, don't buy anything. Simple stuff.
Did you watch the video? That's not what he was talking about...

BlakeIC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 9, 2014
Not Washington
D

Deleted50669

I wish I had seen this video years ago, it would have saved me a great deal of frustration.

edit:

Before you make an assumption and a stupid comment based on the title, watch the video.
Yup, this is absolutely key.

Mikkel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
The last 5 minutes of this video is where all the gold is. I think those that have read MJ's books have a better understanding than most, but it's a great reminder for those who have yet to start and for those who are still finding their way in their own business ventures.

The EL Maven

No longer life's passenger
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Dec 3, 2015

He's right, you know.

A few months ago, I read Perennial Seller: The Art of Making and Marketing Work that Lasts, and the entire first half of the book was just like this video. It's all about making something great, being great, seeking greatness. When I played poker, we'd talk about process and the quality of decision making, and specifically not the results; I learned that results oriented thinking has the ability to subvert quality. This video puts the two concepts together nicely.

G

Guest92dX

Being great.

Video checks out.

Someone with no money aspirations like the Dali Lama has estimated net worth in the millions.

p0stscript

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Feb 7, 2018
UK

BlakeIC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 9, 2014
Not Washington
I sold my car 2 years ago, moved to Asia and never been happier. All I need is Grab and Uber now - it's quick, cheap and convenient.

A car for me is a liability and I'll never own one again. Ever.
unfortunately, people aren't going to watch the video and then see your comment.

Then, they will make some off the wall comment that is totally unrelated to the post like yours.

SparksCW

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
327%
Dec 14, 2015
South, UK
Thanks for the video.

I like Alex Becker for some reason, maybe it's because he doesn't quite conform, and also because he's very clever at what he does.

It's all to easy to get distracted by the result, I've not been focusing on the equation for a while now, instead I've just been wondering why I'm not rich yet. Back on it today and made some serious progress on my website which has no other purpose than to help my customers and improve their experience of my website in choosing their products. Simple things but a big difference to the end user.

Business is simple maths, in my opinion the hardest part is simply focusing on the equation.

D

Deleted50669

He's right, you know.

A few months ago, I read Perennial Seller: The Art of Making and Marketing Work that Lasts, and the entire first half of the book was just like this video. It's all about making something great, being great, seeking greatness. When I played poker, we'd talk about process and the quality of decision making, and specifically not the results; I learned that results oriented thinking has the ability to subvert quality. This video puts the two concepts together nicely.
That is right. A major challenge is defining "greatness" is much more mentally intensive than defining "results". People don't want to do the mental work, they want to engage what they already understand. It's painful to bring oneself to understanding of what's under the hood, instead of looking at the shiny exterior.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska

edit:

I totally agree. Over time, and in the end, the toys and possessions are a dead end street. They grow old, loose their luster and fall apart. Then it takes something more and bigger to fill that big black hole in one's heart. The bling is a distraction from the truth. Money simply magnifies who we are at our core. If we're cruel, greedy and stupid, money makes us more so. If we're kind and giving, we get to develop that part of ourselves. Money, for money's sake, and the stuff we buy with it, have no meaning, except the one that we assign.

The real meaning of the chase for success comes from being in the flow. It comes from meeting the challenges, and the very act & results of being successful. It comes from nurturing the human relationships. It comes from the freedom to make choices. It comes from shaping a custom personal lifestyle.

MickyMillions

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Sep 24, 2017
U.K.
A few people in the thread obviously have not watched the full video. To be honest I don't blame them.

Never have I heard a man talk so much and say so little.

If you've read TMF you know this guys point already. Focus on the process, and making something great.

Results/Money will follow and if you are so inclined Lambo/Mansion.

Last edited:

Fortune5ive

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Feb 24, 2017
New Jersey
Everyone online and YouTube is a life coach now. It’s redundant. I’m learning all my answers are within. I’ll accept a few gems here and there but I’m all about self-reliance. Too many folks following other people’s directions. And When/if i make mistakes, I’d rather point the finger inward than blame someone else.

BlakeIC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 9, 2014
Not Washington
A few people in the thread obviously have not watched the full video. To be honest I don't blame them.

Never have I heard a man talk so much and say so little.

If you've read TMF you know this guys point already. Focus on the process, and making something great.

Results/Money will follow and if you are so inclined Lambo/Mansion.
Correct.

Not everyone here has read TMF .

scottyg packfan

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 10, 2018
North Carolina
I liked this. Thanks!

A good example of this concept is the New England Patriots. Bill Bellechick and Bob Kraft wanted to build something great but weren't focused on the results per se (although they probably came faster than they expected). They put in a process and followed it. Love 'em or hate 'em they exemplify the idea of building something great and the results will follow.

D

Deleted50669

Everyone online and YouTube is a life coach now. It’s redundant. I’m learning all my answers are within. I’ll accept a few gems here and there but I’m all about self-reliance. Too many folks following other people’s directions. And When/if i make mistakes, I’d rather point the finger inward than blame someone else.
A real coach wouldn't tell someone what to do, that's a consultant. A coach should only ask questions that help someone reach their own conclusions.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.