The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Where do you meet ambitious people?

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

dilooska

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jun 21, 2020
Berlin
Hey fastlaners.

I devoted myself to this road around a year ago, and I changed a lot. Relationships with people in my current environment don't satisfy me anymore. I want to create friendships with ambitious people who have a why, and not just living life to pay the bills and have drink in their free time.

My question is, where do I find those people??!! I live in Berlin and I feel like the vibe of the city in general is very loose and I don't have an idea where to meet those people. I've tried facebook groups and events but didn't really work. Maybe I'm too ambitious?... I seriously want to move just because of this problem.

So please help me, where did you meet your ambitious friends?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

GatsbyMag

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Jun 20, 2016
If you want to meet gym bros, where do you go? The gym
Basketball players? The court
Footballers? The pitch

If you want to find Fastlaners, then get on the Fastlane.

Your entry into this forum is the first step.

But no one is going to be friends with you simply because you say you're ambitious, you need to actually do the actions associated with this ambition of yours, only then will you begin to attract the right people, online and offline.

MaxKhalus

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jun 7, 2018
Spain
The fastlane is a good place to start.
Just by posting that topic, hundreds of people will see it and some will respond.

dilooska

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jun 21, 2020
Berlin
If you want to meet gym bros, where do you go? The gym
Basketball players? The court
Footballers? The pitch

If you want to find Fastlaners, then get on the Fastlane.

Your entry into this forum is the first step.

But no one is going to be friends with you simply because you say you're ambitious, you need to actually do the actions associated with this ambition of yours, only then will you begin to attract the right people, online and offline.

You're absolutely right. I do believe that I do the ambitious actions. I have a vision and I am committed to bringing it to reality. I have created successful habits. I spend my time wisely, mostly on educating myself. I even sometimes have to hide these things because people in my environment think I am crazy.

I will take your advice and try to be active here and attract the energy I already am. Thank you!!

dilooska

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jun 21, 2020
Berlin
The fastlane is a good place to start.
Just by posting that topic, hundreds of people will see it and some will respond.
that's true! I think I got a little bit depressed after searching fastlaners in wrong places and not finding them. I can already see the power of this forum and I'll use it wisely. Thanks Max!

MaxKhalus

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jun 7, 2018
Spain
that's true! I think I got a little bit depressed after searching fastlaners in wrong places and not finding them. I can already see the power of this forum and I'll use it wisely. Thanks Max!
Your welcome. We could be ambitious friends if you want. The problem is, I don't know what your standards are and neither your goals.

Perhaps private messaging would be better?

Mutant

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
347%
Jan 8, 2018
London
Absolutely this place is gold.

But also seriously, there's no one in Berlin?

I have a friend who left London for a tech start-up accelerator in Berlin - it's one of the major tech start-up hubs in Europe. There are definitely people trying to grow unicorns there :rofl:

I don't know if tech is your scene, but even if it isn't, you could find a like-mind there. What events did you try?

But also yes, when the time comes, it is absolutely worth flying from Europe for the Fastlane Summit.

Ismail941

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
May 7, 2019
There are some people from Germany already in this forum. You can meet them here as like-minded fastlaner people.
I think I saw a thread which country/state you are you from - something like that.

dilooska

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jun 21, 2020
Berlin
Absolutely this place is gold.

But also seriously, there's no one in Berlin?

I have a friend who left London for a tech start-up accelerator in Berlin - it's one of the major tech start-up hubs in Europe. There are definitely people trying to grow unicorns there :rofl:

I don't know if tech is your scene, but even if it isn't, you could find a like-mind there. What events did you try?

But also yes, when the time comes, it is absolutely worth flying from Europe for the Fastlane Summit.
yeees there are a lot of tech^ies here :D I tried the most famous coworking spaces' and accelerator's events. there are some founders for sure, but I haven't yet met someone who is really focused on work and enjoying it. They mostly enjoy beer more :D

I didn't know about the summit! thanks for letting me know! hopefully it will happen next year :praise:

dilooska

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jun 21, 2020
Berlin
There are some people from Germany already in this forum. You can meet them here as like-minded fastlaner people.
I think I saw a thread which country/state you are you from - something like that.
that's a great idea Ismails :) I will check threads or start a new one. thank you!!

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Maybe focus on delivering value to the market and building your own business. A person in motion is a powerful thing. It creates a vacuum and people get pulled towards you.

Personally, I like providing a B2B service - I rub shoulders with business owners every day.

TL;DR ... Become the tuna and the cats will find you.

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
You enter empty room.
You look around.
If there is mirror then it's two of you.

dilooska

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jun 21, 2020
Berlin
Maybe focus on delivering value to the market and building your own business. A person in motion is a powerful thing. It creates a vacuum and people get pulled towards you.

Personally, I like providing a B2B service - I rub shoulders with business owners every day.

TL;DR ... Become the tuna and the cats will find you.
I love this mindset Andy!!! Thanks for sharing. You are absolutely right. I am indeed trying this to my fullest, maybe I just need to let it go and that will automatically attract the cats :smile2:

dilooska

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jun 21, 2020
Berlin
You enter empty room.
You look around.
If there is mirror then it's two of you.
yes, my best friend (me) is always there :smile2: but sometimes she wouldn't mind extra company :D

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
but sometimes she wouldn't mind extra company
I just realized you have Berlin in bio, ain't startup incubators etc. there?
Maybe hang around with them.

I think i read somewhere that Berlin is quite an European startups hub

dilooska

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jun 21, 2020
Berlin
I just realized you have Berlin in bio, ain't startup incubators etc. there?
Maybe hang around with them.

I think i read somewhere that Berlin is quite an European startups hub
yes there are a lot! but I don't sense the fastlane vibe from them. their life view is a bit different, like I explained above. They love their startup but they love drinking and being lazy too (I think.) So I don't benefit from them in terms of growth and I cannot benefit them either since we have different life visions. Not all, of course, there are exceptions. I hope it makes sense :smile2:

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
yes there are a lot! but I don't sense the fastlane vibe from them. their life view is a bit different, like I explained above. They love their startup but they love drinking and being lazy too (I think.) So I don't benefit from them in terms of growth and I cannot benefit them either since we have different life visions. Not all, of course, there are exceptions. I hope it makes sense :smile2:
yes it does but its a bit of surprise for me :)

the last idea would be to find events that are organized by people from States,
or maybe even people from some VC firms from US, that would lift you up and maybe you would find someone of similar mindset among attendees,
Good Luck!

dilooska

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jun 21, 2020
Berlin
yes it does but its a bit of surprise for me :)

the last idea would be to find events that are organized by people from States,
or maybe even people from some VC firms from US, that would lift you up and maybe you would find someone of similar mindset among attendees,
Good Luck!

hahah, Europeans are different than you would expect them to be :D

that's actually a very good idea! thank you so much, I'll check them out in the next days. PS: I already made some good friends thanks to this post, so everyone feel free to contact me if you'd like some ambitious person around!

jpn

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
286%
May 6, 2017
Netherlands

You don't sense? A vibe? Have you spoken with these people? Have you connected with these people on a personal level? Or have you made a superficial judgement based on some of their perceived character flaws?

There are a great number of highly ambitious, high quality entrepreneurs / fastlane minded folks in Berlin. I don't even live there and I know more than 10 amazing and successful entrepreneurs in Berlin personally. If you can't find them in Berlin, you won't find them anywhere. And that probably means that the problem is you, not Berlin.

Your challenge seems to be that you have an image in your head of what a fastlane entrepreneur should act like and look like, and what their values should be. Sure there will be some overlap, but people are individuals. I've learned and grown a lot from very successful people that I know and have worked with.

But honestly, Andy's advice is best, start a business. Do something meaningful and you will meet great people organically in the course of business.

df1992

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
238%
May 26, 2020
London
I started on this new platform called lunchclub.. you basically get say a few times in your calendar that you're free in the week and they match you with someone to have a 1-1 video call with.

I've been doing it for 5 weeks now and chatted to 9 people. It's been quite cool (minus a couple of oddballs), as all the people are interesting and ambitious, doing completely different stuff to me and I would have never of spoken to those people before it.

I highly recommend it!

dilooska

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jun 21, 2020
Berlin
You don't sense? A vibe? Have you spoken with these people? Have you connected with these people on a personal level? Or have you made a superficial judgement based on some of their perceived character flaws?

There are a great number of highly ambitious, high quality entrepreneurs / fastlane minded folks in Berlin. I don't even live there and I know more than 10 amazing and successful entrepreneurs in Berlin personally. If you can't find them in Berlin, you won't find them anywhere. And that probably means that the problem is you, not Berlin.

Your challenge seems to be that you have an image in your head of what a fastlane entrepreneur should act like and look like, and what their values should be. Sure there will be some overlap, but people are individuals. I've learned and grown a lot from very successful people that I know and have worked with.

But honestly, Andy's advice is best, start a business. Do something meaningful and you will meet great people organically in the course of business.

hey jpn, thank you so much for your comment! Even though I would appreciate if you could be a little bit kinder, I think that you have raised good points.

first of all, yes, I have interacted with many entrepreneurs here, however this doesn't necessarily mean that all of them were bad. I do have some ambitious friends here.

but maybe my mindset grew to be a bit pessimistic about this and then not attracted the right people, I will work on that. and you are absolutely right about doing my business and the right people will come eventually.

dilooska

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jun 21, 2020
Berlin
I started on this new platform called lunchclub.. you basically get say a few times in your calendar that you're free in the week and they match you with someone to have a 1-1 video call with.

I've been doing it for 5 weeks now and chatted to 9 people. It's been quite cool (minus a couple of oddballs), as all the people are interesting and ambitious, doing completely different stuff to me and I would have never of spoken to those people before it.

I highly recommend it!

I just checked it now and I really like it, I will try! thank you so much!! :smile2:

maverick

Aspice, officio fungeris sine spe honoris ampliori
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
228%
Oct 26, 2012
Read biographies of successful entrepreneurs. Have conversations with them in your mind.

maverick

Aspice, officio fungeris sine spe honoris ampliori
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
228%
Oct 26, 2012
Spitballing some books:

Principles (or any other book by Dalio)
Requiem for the American Dream (or any other book by Chomsky)
Grinding it out
Shoe Dog
The Millionaire Next Door (was actually quite a good read)

TheGreek

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Jul 27, 2020
Greece
Relationships with people in my current environment don't satisfy me anymore.

You are more ambitious than your friends.

Great!

But are you ambitious enough to become my friend?

My point is that finding new friends that have the same interests is fine. Rejecting people because you think you are better is not fine.

And if you believe that you do something better, inspire them with your actions and results.

Be a reflection of what you would like to see in others. (this is one of my favorites quotes)

If you want to get inspired by people, inspire people. If you want respect, give respect.

dilooska

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jun 21, 2020
Berlin
Spitballing some books:

Principles (or any other book by Dalio)
Requiem for the American Dream (or any other book by Chomsky)
Grinding it out
Shoe Dog
The Millionaire Next Door (was actually quite a good read)

Principles is literally the next book on my list!

thank you so much!! I'll also read the Shoe Dog, heard it from Tony Robbins a while ago :smile2:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.