The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Where do you meet ambitious people?

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

dilooska

New Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Jun 21, 2020
Berlin
Hey fastlaners.

I devoted myself to this road around a year ago, and I changed a lot. Relationships with people in my current environment don't satisfy me anymore. I want to create friendships with ambitious people who have a why, and not just living life to pay the bills and have drink in their free time.

My question is, where do I find those people??!! I live in Berlin and I feel like the vibe of the city in general is very loose and I don't have an idea where to meet those people. I've tried facebook groups and events but didn't really work. Maybe I'm too ambitious?... I seriously want to move just because of this problem.

So please help me, where did you meet your ambitious friends?

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

GatsbyMag

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jun 20, 2016
If you want to meet gym bros, where do you go? The gym
Basketball players? The court
Footballers? The pitch

If you want to find Fastlaners, then get on the Fastlane.

Your entry into this forum is the first step.

But no one is going to be friends with you simply because you say you're ambitious, you need to actually do the actions associated with this ambition of yours, only then will you begin to attract the right people, online and offline.

MaxKhalus

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jun 7, 2018
Spain
The fastlane is a good place to start.
Just by posting that topic, hundreds of people will see it and some will respond.

OP
OP
dilooska

dilooska

New Contributor
Jun 21, 2020
Berlin
If you want to meet gym bros, where do you go? The gym
Basketball players? The court
Footballers? The pitch

If you want to find Fastlaners, then get on the Fastlane.

Your entry into this forum is the first step.

But no one is going to be friends with you simply because you say you're ambitious, you need to actually do the actions associated with this ambition of yours, only then will you begin to attract the right people, online and offline.
You're absolutely right. I do believe that I do the ambitious actions. I have a vision and I am committed to bringing it to reality. I have created successful habits. I spend my time wisely, mostly on educating myself. I even sometimes have to hide these things because people in my environment think I am crazy.

I will take your advice and try to be active here and attract the energy I already am. Thank you!!

OP
OP
dilooska

dilooska

New Contributor
Jun 21, 2020
Berlin
The fastlane is a good place to start.
Just by posting that topic, hundreds of people will see it and some will respond.
that's true! I think I got a little bit depressed after searching fastlaners in wrong places and not finding them. I can already see the power of this forum and I'll use it wisely. Thanks Max!

MaxKhalus

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jun 7, 2018
Spain
that's true! I think I got a little bit depressed after searching fastlaners in wrong places and not finding them. I can already see the power of this forum and I'll use it wisely. Thanks Max!
Your welcome. We could be ambitious friends if you want. The problem is, I don't know what your standards are and neither your goals.

Perhaps private messaging would be better?

Mutant

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jan 8, 2018
London
Absolutely this place is gold.

But also seriously, there's no one in Berlin?

I have a friend who left London for a tech start-up accelerator in Berlin - it's one of the major tech start-up hubs in Europe. There are definitely people trying to grow unicorns there :rofl:

I don't know if tech is your scene, but even if it isn't, you could find a like-mind there. What events did you try?

But also yes, when the time comes, it is absolutely worth flying from Europe for the Fastlane Summit.

Ismails

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
May 7, 2019
There are some people from Germany already in this forum. You can meet them here as like-minded fastlaner people.
I think I saw a thread which country/state you are you from - something like that.

OP
OP
dilooska

dilooska

New Contributor
Jun 21, 2020
Berlin
Absolutely this place is gold.

But also seriously, there's no one in Berlin?

I have a friend who left London for a tech start-up accelerator in Berlin - it's one of the major tech start-up hubs in Europe. There are definitely people trying to grow unicorns there :rofl:

I don't know if tech is your scene, but even if it isn't, you could find a like-mind there. What events did you try?

But also yes, when the time comes, it is absolutely worth flying from Europe for the Fastlane Summit.
yeees there are a lot of tech^ies here :D I tried the most famous coworking spaces' and accelerator's events. there are some founders for sure, but I haven't yet met someone who is really focused on work and enjoying it. They mostly enjoy beer more :D

I didn't know about the summit! thanks for letting me know! hopefully it will happen next year :praise:

OP
OP
dilooska

dilooska

New Contributor
Jun 21, 2020
Berlin
There are some people from Germany already in this forum. You can meet them here as like-minded fastlaner people.
I think I saw a thread which country/state you are you from - something like that.
that's a great idea Ismails :) I will check threads or start a new one. thank you!!

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Andy Black

Dad, husband, entrepreneur.
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Maybe focus on delivering value to the market and building your own business. A person in motion is a powerful thing. It creates a vacuum and people get pulled towards you.

Personally, I like providing a B2B service - I rub shoulders with business owners every day.

TL;DR ... Become the tuna and the cats will find you.

Kid

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
Mar 1, 2016
You enter empty room.
You look around.
If there is mirror then it's two of you.

OP
OP
dilooska

dilooska

New Contributor
Jun 21, 2020
Berlin
Maybe focus on delivering value to the market and building your own business. A person in motion is a powerful thing. It creates a vacuum and people get pulled towards you.

Personally, I like providing a B2B service - I rub shoulders with business owners every day.

TL;DR ... Become the tuna and the cats will find you.
I love this mindset Andy!!! Thanks for sharing. You are absolutely right. I am indeed trying this to my fullest, maybe I just need to let it go and that will automatically attract the cats :smile2:

OP
OP
dilooska

dilooska

New Contributor
Jun 21, 2020
Berlin
You enter empty room.
You look around.
If there is mirror then it's two of you.
yes, my best friend (me) is always there :smile2: but sometimes she wouldn't mind extra company :D

Reactions: Kid

Kid

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
Mar 1, 2016
but sometimes she wouldn't mind extra company
I just realized you have Berlin in bio, ain't startup incubators etc. there?
Maybe hang around with them.

I think i read somewhere that Berlin is quite an European startups hub

OP
OP
dilooska

dilooska

New Contributor
Jun 21, 2020
Berlin
I just realized you have Berlin in bio, ain't startup incubators etc. there?
Maybe hang around with them.

I think i read somewhere that Berlin is quite an European startups hub
yes there are a lot! but I don't sense the fastlane vibe from them. their life view is a bit different, like I explained above. They love their startup but they love drinking and being lazy too (I think.) So I don't benefit from them in terms of growth and I cannot benefit them either since we have different life visions. Not all, of course, there are exceptions. I hope it makes sense :smile2:

Reactions: Kid

Kid

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
Mar 1, 2016
yes there are a lot! but I don't sense the fastlane vibe from them. their life view is a bit different, like I explained above. They love their startup but they love drinking and being lazy too (I think.) So I don't benefit from them in terms of growth and I cannot benefit them either since we have different life visions. Not all, of course, there are exceptions. I hope it makes sense :smile2:
yes it does but its a bit of surprise for me :)

the last idea would be to find events that are organized by people from States,
or maybe even people from some VC firms from US, that would lift you up and maybe you would find someone of similar mindset among attendees,
Good Luck!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Here to revive this thread and to convince anyone who is hesitant to sign up. The short version...
MARKETPLACE Fox's Web Design Guide: Earn $100K this year (Yes, 2020!) and Go Fastlane
How do I sell to a different country with an accent? And a foreign number. Cold e-mails don't...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
Hey @Cruiser I just shot you a reply! Amazing product BTW!
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Well, we made it halfway through the year. Don't know what the rest'll bring, but it's gonna be...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
Not really a teaser but it does employ a fictional story, so that is similiar. This upcoming...

Forum Sponsor

sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom