The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

where do you find your chinese supplier? As an importer

ada

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Mar 21, 2022
china
Hello ,everyone ,this is Ada from China ,i am an overseas sales of industrial products and i work in one factory now .

To be honest ,i am here not to do the Ads or find customer ,just want to communicte with people who also want to find fastlane.

I read the book TMF by MJ and joined this Forum ,i believe one day i will find my fastlane .

It is a big suprise that i find some friends who also do the importing ,as a seller (exporter) i am happy to comunicate with the buyer anyway .

In the past ,there is few chance for me to comunicate with my customer ,most of them only talk about business(price ,delivery date etc) .Happy to communicate with you all ;)

how we find our customer(buyer) now in china ?

1.BY B2B platform ,such as alibaba ,MIC ,globalsources and so on ,this is the wholesale website ,aliexpress,lazada,wish,,,,this is for retail

we are manufacturer(do wholesale) in china ,and we use B2B platform to find customer ,but not more and more company dont want to use this platform now ,

1)too expensive ,fees from 4700usd to +++(at least 4700usd )
usually one company need to pay 4700 usd one year (at least)to post product on alibaba .but there is too many competitors so many factory get few customers ,some of them even can not make 4700 usd from alibaba.

2)too many competitors,customer can not find our company .

3)many rules
and the platform get many rules ,such as talk with customer only by trademessager ,do business only in this platform and so on ,the platform can get commision and customer information ,so they may sell customer information or do business with customer directly etc.

2.By Fair
we also go the Fair ,like canton fair in guangzhou ,or show in HK ,i have been to las vegas ,india ,indonesia ,UAE and so on .now we can not go to the fair cz of covid

3.By SNS ,FB or youtube and so on ,some of my friends add customer by FB ,twitter and so on ,i have not done this yet ,i may feel disturbed if someone recommend goods to me by facebook,lol

now ,someone recommend that we do the sales marketing by website ,and do ads in google ,
but sales only know how to do business with customer ,they dont know the computer technology ,many factory they will not spend thousands of dollars to build one website .

now many company want to know where they can find customers ,as a buyer ,where do you find your chinese supplier ?so the factory can find you ,lol any advice will be appreciated,tks ,or if you have any question about chinese supplier ,i can try my best to help .

as a seller we also meet lots of liar ,and lost money ,such as ,The customer picks up the goods without paying the balance, the customer pays to the scammer's account,

acctually ,many factory they dont do international business directly ,cz they dont have money to hire sales (who can speak enligh and write in english) ,most of sales who knows english they need to go to college or university ,english is the necessary course in each college or university .

many factory (company)they even dont have one website .they only find customer by fair or platform and sale to domestic market ,why they need one website ,even if they get website ,some of them are chinese ,if they have B2B platform or website ,they are legit companies,they get goverment lisence ,only if the company get goverment lisence ,they can sell on the platform no matter what kind of platform ,every company get business lisences .

and only if the company get business lisence ,they can receive us dollars ,if they get company bank account ,(means only if the company get busienss lisence they can get us dollar bank account ,which show their company name,the beneficiary is the company name )

welcome to communicate with me ,tks for your time ;)

have a nice day

Ada

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
Hi Ada,

It seems to me that if you can find companies that have an export license that will be a good starting point, whether they have a website or not won't matter.

Can you do that?

Walter

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Hello ,everyone ,this is Ada from China ,i am an overseas sales of industrial products and i work in one factory now .

To be honest ,i am here not to do the Ads or find customer ,just want to communicte with people who also want to find fastlane.

I read the book TMF by MJ and joined this Forum ,i believe one day i will find my fastlane .

It is a big suprise that i find some friends who also do the importing ,as a seller (exporter) i am happy to comunicate with the buyer anyway .

In the past ,there is few chance for me to comunicate with my customer ,most of them only talk about business(price ,delivery date etc) .Happy to communicate with you all ;)

how we find our customer(buyer) now in china ?

1.BY B2B platform ,such as alibaba ,MIC ,globalsources and so on ,this is the wholesale website ,aliexpress,lazada,wish,,,,this is for retail

we are manufacturer(do wholesale) in china ,and we use B2B platform to find customer ,but not more and more company dont want to use this platform now ,

1)too expensive ,fees from 4700usd to +++(at least 4700usd )
usually one company need to pay 4700 usd one year (at least)to post product on alibaba .but there is too many competitors so many factory get few customers ,some of them even can not make 4700 usd from alibaba.

2)too many competitors,customer can not find our company .

3)many rules
and the platform get many rules ,such as talk with customer only by trademessager ,do business only in this platform and so on ,the platform can get commision and customer information ,so they may sell customer information or do business with customer directly etc.

2.By Fair
we also go the Fair ,like canton fair in guangzhou ,or show in HK ,i have been to las vegas ,india ,indonesia ,UAE and so on .now we can not go to the fair cz of covid

3.By SNS ,FB or youtube and so on ,some of my friends add customer by FB ,twitter and so on ,i have not done this yet ,i may feel disturbed if someone recommend goods to me by facebook,lol

now ,someone recommend that we do the sales marketing by website ,and do ads in google ,
but sales only know how to do business with customer ,they dont know the computer technology ,many factory they will not spend thousands of dollars to build one website .

now many company want to know where they can find customers ,as a buyer ,where do you find your chinese supplier ?so the factory can find you ,lol any advice will be appreciated,tks ,or if you have any question about chinese supplier ,i can try my best to help .

as a seller we also meet lots of liar ,and lost money ,such as ,The customer picks up the goods without paying the balance, the customer pays to the scammer's account,

acctually ,many factory they dont do international business directly ,cz they dont have money to hire sales (who can speak enligh and write in english) ,most of sales who knows english they need to go to college or university ,english is the necessary course in each college or university .

many factory (company)they even dont have one website .they only find customer by fair or platform and sale to domestic market ,why they need one website ,even if they get website ,some of them are chinese ,if they have B2B platform or website ,they are legit companies,they get goverment lisence ,only if the company get goverment lisence ,they can sell on the platform no matter what kind of platform ,every company get business lisences .

and only if the company get business lisence ,they can receive us dollars ,if they get company bank account ,(means only if the company get busienss lisence they can get us dollar bank account ,which show their company name,the beneficiary is the company name )

welcome to communicate with me ,tks for your time ;)

have a nice day

Ada
Hi Ada,

What kind of products do you manufacture. I would say the easiest way to find new clients is to have a good website that shows the quality of your products and then to participate in forums and groups to help customers without trying to sell them anything.

ada

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Mar 21, 2022
china
HI Walter,

Tks for your reply ,

lots of factory dont have export lisence ,they only get business lisence ,
1)many factory is in the suburbs,not many sales want to be there .
2)to do international business will have big budget for factory ,
3)many boss of the factory they dont know english .they need to do the business start from zero,BUT they dont want to pay good salary ,so this is not easy for factory to do international business.
4)if they dont have export lisence,they only can get money with the help of the exporting agent.in china ,

no sales ,boss dont know english ,big budget for sales marketing ,no exporting lisence ,so factory do business with the trader ,the trader help to sell ,
and of course ,there are also some of the factory sell the goods by themself .

to be honest it is hard to know if one company is the trader or the factory sometimes ,anyway,who gives you the good price and service and if he is realiable ,you can do busienss with them .

factory sometimes dont always give good price and good service,only with very big quantity,
trader can also give very good service .but their price maynot be cheaper ,
each of them get advantages .

for me i will think about the sercive and price and delivery time ,and so on ,if someone give you very good price ,but they cause lots of troubles ,this is also not good for business ,

so when i do business i will consider all of this .

if you can find one company with good price and service,then you are lucky .

ps ,every company get business lisence ,but they may dont have export lisence .if you want to see their export lisence ,you can ask them to show you .and if you have chinese friends,you can ask them to check this for you ,this is easy to check it in our website.

Ada

t seems to me that if you can find companies that have an export license that will be a good starting point, whether they have a website or not won't matter.

Can you do that?

ada

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Mar 21, 2022
china
Hi Ada,

What kind of products do you manufacture. I would say the easiest way to find new clients is to have a good website that shows the quality of your products and then to participate in forums and groups to help customers without trying to sell them anything.
hello ,Friend ;)

i sell abrasive products,like sandpaper ,sanding discs things for polishing ,

i will think about the website ,thanks for your advice,this is good ,lot of companies dont pay much attention to the website ,cz it is expensive ,and the website (they only make chinese website, if it is english website ,it is about5000 usd )they may not open by google ,or many website are chinese ,anyway ,thanks for your good advice .

forums ,and groups ,sounds awsome ,i have not done this before ,this is my first time to join a forum ,lol

maybe i need to find the abrasives forum and help them first ,tks ,this is really good for me .

Ada

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
It’s really interesting to read things from the Chinese factories perspective.

Welcome to the forum, I hope you stay here and share more with us.

To answer your question I have found all my suppliers on Alibaba and through sourcing agents.

I haven’t heard sourcing companies mentioned in this thread, maybe there’s an opportunity to partner with them?

I’ve also received cold emails through my companies website. Factories that sell similar products to me have found my website and reached out. I could see this working if done correctly.

ada

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Mar 21, 2022
china
To answer your question I have found all my suppliers on Alibaba and through sourcing agents.
thanks for your reply ;)

yes,some of the sales find website and send emails for the promotion ,(such as if we sell sandpaper ,i put keyword sandpaper in google and check all the website and get emails ,then write email,like we sell sandpaper and if you are interested in ,contact me please ,something like that ,lol )

Ada

Odysseus M Jones

[B...{r<°∆°>}--O--{<°∆°>k}...E]
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Feb 2, 2020
i sell abrasive products,like sandpaper ,sanding discs things for polishing
Literally and figuratively grinding away.

Your long working hours must really wear you down.

It takes grit to work in that industry...

Enough idioms

Hello, friend.

You outline many problems you and other factories face when trying to find new customers.

Could someone solve all those problems and sell that service to the factories?

ada

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Mar 21, 2022
china
Your long working hours must really wear you down.

It takes grit to work in that industry...

Enough idioms
yes ,i need to work almost 7 days a week and 12+ hours one day .

the problem that the factory face now ,i am trying to solve it ,but still just trying to.

1.by fair impossible now ,

2.by B2B platform ,too expensive,and too many competitors ,if you look for the goods on the B2B platform ,i am sure you will get many emails,your email maybe blocked .

3.by website ,to build an english website ,it is expensive and we dont know if this webiste is good or not ,i have ask someone to build a website before ,spent thousands dollars ,but when i send it to my customer ,they can not open it ,they can not even find it by google .

4.by SNS ,always ,hello ,sir we sell **,if you are interested ,please contact me ,i think many people will feel disturbed.i dont like to do this .

biophase already give me good advice ,i plan to try it, ;)

Odysseus M Jones

[B...{r<°∆°>}--O--{<°∆°>k}...E]
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Feb 2, 2020
@biophase already give me good advice ,i plan to try it,
This?

"participate in forums and groups to help customers without trying to sell them anything."

That solves your employer's problem. (His fastlane business)

How do you offer that as a service to all factories, get paid and go fastlane yourself?

ada

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Mar 21, 2022
china
That solves your employer's problem. (His fastlane business)

How do you offer that as a service to all factories, get paid and go fastlane yourself?
yes ,you remind me ,thanks very much
,i always think about to do better in my job ,
to be good employee ,
i should learn to always think about my own business ,my fastlane business .

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.