The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Where do we invest while building our business?

lollo

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
May 20, 2021
Italy
Hi, I just finished Unscripted and The Millionaire Fastlane and I definitely want to change my lifestyle, financially and personally. Mj, in chapter 44 of Unscripted , says that after our 1) business expenses 2) primary expenses and 3) debit expenses, we should focus on saving our income and put it in our financial system, with the daily goal of seeing that number grow. In chapter 48 then, he goes on explaining where we would put our money AFTER we built wealth with our business, because compound interest works only with big numbers. So my question is, during the PROCESS of creating value, during the "building wealth" phase, how should our investment be? After have spent money on business, primary expenses and debt, where should we put the money that we save? Is the strategy the same as the one described in chapter 48, that is the strategy for passive income for life once you acquired wealth (dividend-paying stocks, bonds, etf, reit ...) ? Are there differences? How our financial system during this phase should be constituted? Thanks a lot in advance, I have a lot to learn, so much desire to change my lifestyle and my daily habits and build a solid financial education/discipline!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
I'd say reinvest almost everything into your business. As for the rest, aim to build a solid emergency fund. I'd aim to get at least 12 months of savings in cash. As long as you can get a nice return on your business and you know what specifically to invest in to grow it, I wouldn't bother with other investments.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Will reiterate what was said by MTF, your business is responsible for asymmetric returns. I'd reinvest everything there. What can't be reinvested, keep liquid in an investment that can preserve the cash. An emergency fund might seem "slowlane" but it is a good idea.

Kokaka

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Aug 9, 2019
Will reiterate what was said by MTF and MJ DeMarco.
Reinvesting in your busniss will just give an insane return of investment.
I love to invest in marketing. Hard to beat a better ROI than that.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

lollo

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
May 20, 2021
Italy
Will reiterate what was said by MTF, your business is responsible for asymmetric returns. I'd reinvest everything there. What can't be reinvested, keep liquid in an investment that can preserve the cash. An emergency fund might seem "slowlane" but it is a good idea.
So grateful to receive an answer from the legend himself. People my age are texting with their homies about when they should get drunk, I'm here on the fastlaneforum and just got an answer from MJ himself. Classic stupid fanboy statement but man, what an inspiration.
It is now 2 days since I finished reading Unscripted , and I'm realizing that the FOUNDATION, what is really important is MEANING and PURPOSE, together with how you see yourself. Do you see yourself as a fastlaner? Do you see yourself hitting the Redline? Do you think that millionaires and billionaires are just "those people who got lucky or had an innate talent" and so you can never become like them? It all starts from your mind. From the paradigm that you have of yourself.
All.
This drives actions, that form habits, that form a lifestyle.
And of course I'm going fastlane. F*ck chasing money, F*ck the script. It's about how you live, and I will fight to live a life based on unlocking my potential, growth, making the world a better place, help other people. No excuses, no matter how. Living a life based on eternal principle. No mediocrity, not others' script.
I now understand the power of the words of Mario Draghi, when he was the president of the ECB, words that I will bring with myself for the rest of my life.
"I'm ready to do whatever it takes. And believe me: IT WILL BE ENOUGH." (a little bit different)
Good luck everyone, and God bless.

Kokaka

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Aug 9, 2019
So grateful to receive an answer from the legend himself. People my age are texting with their homies about when they should get drunk, I'm here on the fastlaneforum and just got an answer from MJ himself. Classic stupid fanboy statement but man, what an inspiration.
It is now 2 days since I finished reading Unscripted , and I'm realizing that the FOUNDATION, what is really important is MEANING and PURPOSE, together with how you see yourself. Do you see yourself as a fastlaner? Do you see yourself hitting the Redline? Do you think that millionaires and billionaires are just "those people who got lucky or had an innate talent" and so you can never become like them? It all starts from your mind. From the paradigm that you have of yourself.
All.
This drives actions, that form habits, that form a lifestyle.
And of course I'm going fastlane. f*ck chasing money, f*ck the script. It's about how you live, and I will fight to live a life based on unlocking my potential, growth, making the world a better place, help other people. No excuses, no matter how. Living a life based on eternal principle. No mediocrity, not others' script.
I now understand the power of the words of Mario Draghi, when he was the president of the ECB, words that I will bring with myself for the rest of my life.
"I'm ready to do whatever it takes. And believe me: IT WILL BE ENOUGH." (a little bit different)
Good luck everyone, and God bless.
I will give you an advice if you want to fastlane.
Get yourself a 100% wool charcoal suit (not black!) and get it fitted at a tailor. Get nice black leather belt, a tie-bar that match the metal of your watch. Get some black leather shoes and learn to make a mirror shine (lots of tutorials online, (use Saphire Mirror gloss)).
Everytime you do any business meetings, be it with a bank, customer, consultant etc. suit up.
You can get it cheap at any outlet, it doesnt have to be this years fashion, it just have to fit your body perfectly, 100% wool and charcoal (makes you look older)
It is crazy how much it helps get into fastlane.
Its like a fastlane to get into fastlane.
Good luck.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.