The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

When should i begin marketing my website?

Marketing, social media, advertising

CKoski90

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Feb 17, 2012
So what i do is create niche blog websites based on keyword research, and i always run into a specific problem.

I'm always uncertain as to when is a good time to start marketing my blog. Then ill get burnt out from just making content, get bored, and eventually forget about the site.

Im scared of getting traffic too early and those people writing off this site immediately because of the lack of content.

Do you guys do it immediately? Or after you've built up a lot of content? If so, whats a rough number of pages or posts i should have before i start marketing?

Thanks in advance.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
So what i do is create niche blog websites based on keyword research

Then ill get burnt out

Perhaps because you aren't creating value. You're chasing money, metrics, or whatever.

Try creating something of long-lasting of value instead of chasing the latest flavor of keyword trends.

Yea, I can see why staying motivated with this philosophy is a challenge.

That said, I have no advice.

CKoski90

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Feb 17, 2012
I can definitely see your point on that.

But lets say i did find something i was passionate about and was creating value for people. Should i market right away? Or is the idea to create something so valuable it sells itself

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
But lets say i did find something i was passionate about and was creating value for people. Should i market right away? Or is the idea to create something so valuable it sells itself

If you were really passionate about it, you would want people to read whatever you were writing so you would market it as soon as you posted it.

D

Deleted21961

Marketing starts when first viewer shows up. The question is not about marketing timing, but quality.

Bickeylikey

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 17, 2014
So what i do is create niche blog websites based on keyword research, and i always run into a specific problem.

I'm always uncertain as to when is a good time to start marketing my blog. Then ill get burnt out from just making content, get bored, and eventually forget about the site.

Im scared of getting traffic too early and those people writing off this site immediately because of the lack of content.

Do you guys do it immediately? Or after you've built up a lot of content? If so, whats a rough number of pages or posts i should have before i start marketing?

Thanks in advance.

I think it to be wonderful if you have already posted some contents before you manager the blog. Then the users will have something to talk about. If it could be coornidated with your social media, it will be perfect.

Evelio

MarketingLoopholes.com
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
May 21, 2014
Miami
I've run a number of blogs before, and if theres one thing I would recommend is...don't do it for the money! My first attempts at blogging were all about me making money. As time passed I realized that I needed to help people - provide value.

My last two blogs blew up within weeks of starting. I don't blog much anymore because of a lack of time but here is an article I wrote that might help you: http://www.epicster.com/better-than-seo-strategy/

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.