The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

When did you realize the system is rigged?

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
I think it’s true for pretty much every country that the nation was sold out to international bankers by globalist shill politicians a long time ago. The times we are witnessing today is just an expansion of what was already happening.

Everything will be paid for by taxpayers whether anybody likes it or not. No democracy, no due process, no nothing.

Taxpayers should be paying less as the economy expands not more. We should only add money to our money supply as the economy grows not when it’s shutdown.

The most “rigged” part of our system is our monetary system. It’s why universities keep building big building and yet add very little value to our economy.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
I guess I should clarify andsay that the bullet points at the end are the real issues FTE's but the above part doesn't help me cope.

CareCPA

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
357%
May 2, 2017
Pennsylvania
So do you think the system is rigged? Or do you just want to be the one rigging it?

We have to be accurate man. Entrepreneurs provide value, that's why we attract much more than those who do not.
I would hope my clients see the value in what I do. That's why I do my best to not charge by the hour. I try to charge based on the value I provide to my client. Sometimes I win and sometimes I lose, but in the end if the client felt they were getting what they paid for, then I did my job.

Even if I scale, I still want to make sure the value is there for my client. Is hiring a generic employee really worth that markup in my example? Maybe in that situation it was, but it seemed like the firm I was working with was just drug down the value of the transaction by trying to extract as much money as they could out of it.

MattR82

Platinum Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
Last edited:

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
I've always detested the school system and always been punished for it. When I didn't go to university and worked towards getting a job instead I got called multiple names by my parents and emotionally beat-up for months. When I got a job they told me to quit and go to university because it was unstable to work without a degree.

They screamed and cried at me to take a "normal" job with a commute when I took my comfy remote job that let me work on my business at the side, because I couldn't take the shitstorm that was typical office job with a boss breathing down my back. Apparently that makes me weak-minded, and don't I "want a fancy job title to tell people"?

My peers work their a$$ off at university for a life of shit pay and no rest, and ask me how the hell I got this job right out of school. I keep hearing "I wish" "if I" "you're smarter". I'm stupid as F*ck. The only difference between them and me is that I actually took action. I still can't believe that it worked because it's been drilled into me that the only way is decades of "education" then basically slavery in a cubicle.

When your parents are almost traumatised by your choice, even though you're happier and more successful without going about the normal scripted path, you know it's the ultimate brainwashing. Jesus F*cking christ, why can't people see this?

at least u didn't actually go through 5 years of university and then actually got the cubicle job and only then see the truth for what it is...

• nikita •

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
270%
Aug 24, 2017
London
at least u didn't actually go through 5 years of university and then actually got the cubicle job and only then see the truth for what it is...

Oh man I almost caved a lot of times... It was tough resisting because it seems like a much safer option, but ultimately I knew I'd just end up miserable. University is even worse than a job -- paying a fortune for someone to show you powerpoint slides, just to spend years in an office. I watched a few snapchats of people in my local universities (through that map thing they recently introduced) and almost threw up in my mouth. Sorry for the dramatics lol

Mr.Brandtastic

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
309%
Sep 27, 2017
Parents' House
It's hard to say if I thought it was rigged. I always thought it was possible to get to the top. But for a long time I just didn't see it. It was hazy. I couldn't or wouldn't connect the dots. Was there some road block? What was it? Vision. Knowledge. And everything else. It didn't seem possible because I didn't know what I was looking for.

But coming here, reading books, blogs, forums, and other places expanded my mind. I was so ignorant before it was astonishing. It opened up a world of possibilities that I had never considered. I knew I wanted to be free(work and do what I want anywhere) and I knew I wanted to travel(be anywhere). That's it. That's what I still struggle on for. Not fancy cars or mansions, although that would be nice, but CHOICE.

Were there moments in the past I hated? Absolutely. But rigged? Hard to believe. I'm not a conspiratorial person. I remember when I went on infowars (popular conspiracy site) and thought, "Oh this is a bunch of bullshit." It didn't matter if it was real or rigged. Or anything. You have to deal with the cards dealt. That's it. Period.

Arthur Redline

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
540%
Dec 14, 2017
The Netherlands
Hello, The word rigged is used to describe situations where unfair advantages are given to one side of a conflict.
Thank you

Yes but as an business owner you can work on in to make that unfair advantage on your side. That is the difference between a business and a brand for example. One survives the other one thrives.

dior616

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
May 9, 2017
Texas
I took a 5-week course in college during the summer and was hanging on a thread for about 2 weeks knowing there's no way I would pass, so I withdrew to save my GPA. I figured.. I essentially payed about $1k on a 2 week course just to barely get anything out of it and retake it during a regular semester of 16 weeks.

I was studying mechanical engineering and looking at the curriculum, the people that actually worked as an engineer barely, if ever, used what they learned. Hell, 90% of the classes are outdated. Colleges can barely keep up with the rapid changes in tech.

My main point is the price of uni and ROI for any major is ludicrous.

P.S.
Finding parking at my campus sometimes took an hour. And what did my genius college decide to do? Build an ART BUILDING over a parking lot.

I think I read this somewhere in MJ's books how colleges basically lure young folks into their 'resort' with cool athletic programs, buildings, etc. But F*ck a quality education right?

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
Just look at our legal system.

I don't know about you but isn't it supposed to be fair, consistent and just?

Not to get political or into details. But I mean some people get away with things that the average Joe would be screwed big time. In many contexts in society.

And don't even get me started with college degrees.

Universities advertise themselves as a beacon of free knowledge yet they love being expensive and raising tuition and being prestigious by keeping people out(zero sum game). WTF is wrong this picture?

Our university system would be slaughtered in a free market with rational agents.

Last edited:

ruzara5

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
May 1, 2011
Currently in Washington State
when I realized the system is rigged.
Realization that it is a scam and a script? Fastlane and unscripted reinforced and improved what already is true. Those two books bring a great ton of experience and information that places the pieces at a sharp point. More personally? It started in about 3rd grade. Early 80's late 70's outsider and outlier responses in classrooms and general kid functions with others. Also. Watching the television. Concepts that that were being taught and what is seen did not equate at all. Meaning huge endless opportunity. Almost hidden in plain sight.

Nomadic

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
194%
Jan 16, 2016
I realized the system was rigged when I had my first real lesson in finance. It hit me like a brick in the face.

30 year mortgages? 5 years to pay off a $35,000 car (and that's considered successful)? Taking 30+ years of paying off student loans that you can't even pay off in decent time because the degree that you borrowed the money for didn't get you a job as good as they said it would? Getting mandated to work overtime for a total of 50, 60, and even 80 hr work weeks and then a huge chunk of that money being gone from taxes when you get it?

Money taken off of my check from the very people that setup the system that tell me I need a great credit score to buy something but then won't allow me to check that score for free, at least not the TRUE score. Taken from the very people that make money on the fact that I need money to live, and make money from taking direct advantage of people who have to borrow money to get by.

I realized that day that not only is the system rigged, but it is setup to keep you behind so that you always owe someone something and there is always something to hang over your head.

It's that day that my entire attitude changed about what path I wanted to take.

hamhock89

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
289%
Nov 19, 2017
Atlanta, GA
You appear to be very set in your point of view.
Have you ever hired or fired anyone? (It's whole different point of view on that side of the fence -- especially on Fridays when you have to make payroll, no matter what.)
Entry level work is entry level work, and it is paid as such. (When I jointed the workforce, student minimum wages were $1.65 per hour -- so what's your point, young person?)
Why can't you educate yourself and get some job skills -- go to college? (A bunch of us have done it. I have 4 college degrees including a J.D. -- which I worked for over my lifetime and I pay for myself!)
Have you thought about all the informal education that is available now -- especially on-line? You can study anything, at anytime of the day or night, for as long as you want. (Formal college degrees aren't as valuable as they once were because they have become more common -- real marketable skills and a lot of self-education are where it's at in this economy.)

Rant on, if that's how you want to spend your time. It's not very productive...

I'm going to open that to discussion. I think what bothers me the most is the FTE moments I've been having lately, I feel anger is a stage side effect as a result of coming to multiple realizations. I know its not too late for me to start, but If I knew 5 years ago what I know now, I would have had 5 extra years available. Live and learn. No harm, no foul. As far as a formal education goes (brick and mortar college), I unfortunately do not have the resources at this time to be able to go back to school, I feel if I did, it would be for a STEM or some type of MBA. Both are very interesting subjects. Sure, I could receive student loans no problem and go to school full time, and then touches the subject of regular lifes dues that have to be paid as well. You'd think for a single man with no kids it would be alot easier. Of course now that I look at it, it kind of looks like excuses at this point doesn't it?

P789

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Sep 23, 2020
Legazpi, Philippines
For me, I discover it by watching and understanding the comedy speech by George Carlin entitled, Life is Worth Losing and observing my parents and peers on what they are doing in their everyday lives.

His speech was almost fit the definition of the SCRIPT.

Last edited:

Velo

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Nov 25, 2020
Realized it at the age of ~18, right when I went to college. I was so demoralized I lost all motivation to continue. Needless to say the next several years were not very kind to me.

knazzaro710

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Dec 20, 2020
Realized it at the age of ~18, right when I went to college. I was so demoralized I lost all motivation to continue. Needless to say the next several years were not very kind to me.

I understand that :/ something similar to what I'm going through right now. However, I wasn't fortunate enough to realize quite that early. After I got my undergraduate degree in psychology, I knew that I needed a Master's to do anything in that career. I took time off from school after undergrad and I wish more than anything that I realized the system was rigged during that time off.

I didn't get to reading TMF until this year. Now, I'm in a Master's program and feel like every minute I spend doing schoolwork or being educated by the system is a complete lie. Although there is an extreme amount of intrinsic value I can provide in this career and truly have a passion for it, I have absolutely NO MOTIVATION to do anything that feeds into this system, but 1.5 years left of my program.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
I understand that :/ something similar to what I'm going through right now. However, I wasn't fortunate enough to realize quite that early. After I got my undergraduate degree in psychology, I knew that I needed a Master's to do anything in that career. I took time off from school after undergrad and I wish more than anything that I realized the system was rigged during that time off.

I didn't get to reading TMF until this year. Now, I'm in a Master's program and feel like every minute I spend doing schoolwork or being educated by the system is a complete lie. Although there is an extreme amount of intrinsic value I can provide in this career and truly have a passion for it, I have absolutely NO MOTIVATION to do anything that feeds into this system, but 1.5 years left of my program.
You sound SO disillusioned! What's your purpose in Life?

knazzaro710

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Dec 20, 2020
You sound SO disillusioned! What's your purpose in Life?

Well I don't know if disillusioned is the correct word because I am so grateful that I have experienced this change in mindset. Ever since I have started this journey (despite only being a year into it) I have already grown, experienced, and learned so much more than I initially thought possible. I'm sorry if I came off as unhappy despite this realization.

I think what's frustrating me the most is the cognitive dissonance I feel between my beliefs and actions that are geared towards entrepreneurship and being in an environment that is essentially part of the system.

The truth is, I 100% feel and know that pursuing a business that generates significant value to its audience is what I want to put my all into., no matter how long it takes. My confusion lies in my current extremely expensive commitment and its current worth to me. Does the end career provide extreme value and give me a huge sense of fulfillment? Yes. But is it also part of a system that I'll essentially only be a cog in, with little control to ever make the true impact I strive for? also Yes.

knazzaro710

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Dec 20, 2020
I know how you feel. I went to law school when I was in my early 40s. I knew before the end of the first year that I didn't want to be an attorney. It wasn't about justice and fair play -- it was about applying books and books of rules...
Yes, I finished and I'm a Juris Doctor. I ended up being an expert witness in RE and doing litigation support. That career lasted for many years and I loved it. I knew the RE business and I knew the legal business. It gave me a leg up. Overall, was it worth the education, time, and the costs? There are many times that I really asked myself. I was working full time during those years in school and carrying 9 grad units. Then I had to pay off the student loans... But, the bottom line is -- yes. I still use that education everyday -- even in my retirement.
Your field of study has MANY uses. I would lean into it. Understanding the how and why of human behavior can take you a long ways. It's your education. You do whatever you want with it!
that's a great way to look at it and I appreciate this perspective on graduate schooling. You're right, whatever knowledge I'm learning now can help me even if I don't necessarily work in that career. I'm glad you achieved a positive outcome from your education even if it led to something different than you imagined.

hellolin

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
May 27, 2015
Some food for thought...

View attachment 36361

I work indirectly with one of those, who owns the most expensive one. I get paid well, don't do much, have no skin in the game, and you are paying for it, and no, you have no choice to opt out either. I know it's rigged cause I am living in it, only that I know for most people, they don't think it's rigged.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.