The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What's your job ? What do you do?

Ronnie Bryan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
May 4, 2015
Oklahoma
Well, does this have to be a slowlane job? I never had one of those. Closest, I came was enlisting in the Marines (1996-2002) 95% has been working in restaurants and filling all positions expect manager and server.The other 5% has been as a Marine and Self Employed.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

RadioActive

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Mar 12, 2014
Maryland
Well, does this have to be a slowlane job? I never had one of those. Closest, I came was enlisting in the Marines (1996-2002) 95% has been working in restaurants and filling all positions expect manager and server.The other 5% has been as a Marine and Self Employed.
Thank you for your service.

Kevin Peter

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Jun 2, 2015
I am an internet marketer working for an IT major, forced to do link building on forums to create the rapport between moderators and have them leverage an opportunity to me to control a threrad atleast on the forum.

iAmTrade

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 28, 2015
New Jersey
Might as well share with the rest.

I have a bachelors in Accounting, should I get my masters too? CPA, state of New Jersey- nope, I don't do taxes, audits, or anything else accounting related.

I have an alarm clock that wakes me up at 5:30 every morning. I stare at my ceiling, rationalizing why I am doing what I am doing currently until 5:40 AM, or just trying to grab a few minutes more of sleep.

Get up, brush teeth, wash face, get dressed, drive to work...at times 30 minutes away. Others 2 hours away. Sometimes takes me 3 hours to get to my destination. You guessed it, my job is... hmmm irregular and without a single place of occupancy.

Construction. I started working as a contractor (I say contractor, not construction worker) from age 18 (6 years ago)...I dislike it, but it pays the bills...I can demolish a 20 story building with some few well placed charges, rip gorging holes in mountains for roads and even paint your living room.

-------
Currently, have a 70k$ USD roof which will yield around 20k$ USD profit by end of month, even a union job in NYC to hopefully yield a few million profit, if I only had the $ 5million upfront to pay the employees/obtain material/fund the project for 3 months :( before first payment.

My job, is anything that fills a bank account. I do anything, and everything. I'll be your pilot on your helicopter or private jet (was a owner of a jet charter business over a year ago..for 24 hours :p )

Currently...my job sucks. I want to trade. :)

That is about it.

edward222

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Dec 8, 2014
I'm a "TheFastLaneForum" reader.
Reading some good threads,
implementing the ideas shared here.
Sometimes I loss.
Sometimes I win.

Well this is life.

Peta of JamRock

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Feb 10, 2015
Kingston, Jamaica
Slight update: Didn't get that job, but had interviews at an ad agency last Friday and a small animation studio this afternoon. Still freelancing in the mean while, and working on that fastlane rocketship.

UPDATE: I start work at the animation studio on Monday. Will keep freelancing and fastlaning when time permits, even if I have to pry even half an hour out of the day.

Deocto

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jul 12, 2015
Tulsa
I'm a union industrial radiographer in the oil field. It would be a great job if it had a little more regularity. But with it, like affiliate marketing, there is no control. Working now in WV.

It's a fantastic job to have that will enable me to transition to the fastlane. When it is on, the money is great with a significant portion coming tax free in the form of per diem.

Depending on the specific project, there is a lot of hours of either busting your a$$, or sitting on it. Either way, you get a ton of hours.

But what I REALLY do:

First and foremost I'm a real estate magnate. Current properties owned: 1 (which I live in.)

Secondly, I'm an accomplished author and secret blogger. Books published: 0 ( .5 written though, with worthless and/or priceless ideas for a dozen more. )

Third, I drop ship product packages with a suite of licensed merchandise and one patented product of my own to customers that remedies a common dilemma. Products sold (or patents filed for that matter ): 0.

But I'm the Captain. Check back in 10 years. A close variation of all that with much more stratospheric numbers attached will be in its place.

Last edited:

Martinv678

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Sep 6, 2013
Front end developer now moving to backend with the introduction of node.js. The best part is I'm a contractor and have the ability to earn well and work when I like. Tried and failed with a couple of business ideas but am now focused on a new business I have a discovered a need for in my industry.

harryvent

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
May 13, 2016
I am working in a small business company, my part is managing our client project, the track of employees activity and send this updates to our client's like how many hours employees worked on the particular project, project phases etc. Before we use the normal sheet to track all process and forward sheets to our client's but many issues will arise following this method. Next company installed Apptivo management software to reduce employees work burden.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Now I have a small team, my job is no longer to DO the work, my job is to GET the work.

CurlyRX

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Jan 23, 2016
Los Angeles, California
I'm a 32 yo female retail pharmacist (recent grad), although I've been in this setting with the same company for 13+ years. Definitely a slow-lane lifestyle, although I do enjoy pharmacy.

Always have been interested in entrepreneurship and building my own brand. Grateful for this forum and the Millionaire Fastlane book. Just started reading and eager to learn as much as I can. Seems like I'm way older than most people on here though :/.

Feel like I've fallen behind and could have made better choices in my 20's but I have to start somewhere.

Last edited:

Peta of JamRock

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Feb 10, 2015
Kingston, Jamaica
Just started reading and eager to learn as much as I can. Seems like I'm way older than most people on here though :/.

Feel like I've fallen behind and could have made better choices in my 20's but I have to start somewhere.

1. Not by a long shot. I turned 33 in August.
2. I know exactly how you feel. I've learned so much in my 30s that I wish I had access to in my teens and 20s, but better late than never. :) At least we're doing something about our situation now.

Ronnie Bryan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
May 4, 2015
Oklahoma
I'm a 32 yo female retail pharmacist (recent grad), although I've been in this setting with the same company for 13+ years. Definitely a slow-lane lifestyle, although I do enjoy pharmacy.

Always have been interested in entrepreneurship and building my own brand. Grateful for this forum and the Millionaire Fastlane book. Just started reading and eager to learn as much as I can. Seems like I'm way older than most people on here though :/.

You are never too Old read Col Sanders story, and I am a 47 year old, person who just started the journey to being a successful inventor a little over a year ago.Before, then I was thinking I would find my success in sales and worked for several companies.Peddling online, on phone, and door to door.I am presently working with Golden Corral, it took a couple years in the dish-room, but now I am advancing into training new hires in new stores that open., I get to travel more, and it is considered a salary position. Sometimes what seems to be slow lane is just getting off the sidewalk,and merging over to the on ramp to the highway=)

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ

welcome aboard.

I'm in the old fogey boat too, at 35 this year =/

CurlyRX

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Jan 23, 2016
Los Angeles, California
1. Not by a long shot. I turned 33 in August.
2. I know exactly how you feel. I've learned so much in my 30s that I wish I had access to in my teens and 20s, but better late than never. :) At least we're doing something about our situation now.
You are never too Old read Col Sanders story, and I am a 47 year old, person who just started the journey to being a successful inventor a little over a year ago.Before, then I was thinking I would find my success in sales and worked for several companies.Peddling online, on phone, and door to door.I am presently working with Golden Corral, it took a couple years in the dish-room, but now I am advancing into training new hires in new stores that open., I get to travel more, and it is considered a salary position. Sometimes what seems to be slow lane is just getting off the sidewalk,and merging over to the on ramp to the highway=)

Thank you for the encouraging words! And congrats on your new position, how exciting! And I never knew of Col Sanders story, very inspiring, especially the drive he had in his elder years.

Almantas

Nothing to Lose
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
475%
Dec 21, 2015
Ireland
Off-topic, but age is just a number. No matter how old you are now, you are never too old for success or going after what you want.
never-too-late-start-venture-03.gif

Last edited:

safff

Redlining
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Jun 11, 2015
I work in construction contracts. It pays very well for a slowlane job. Many times more than I ever thought I'd earn at one point in life. I dreamt of earning a sixth of my current salary 10 years ago, I even have a 'dream board' type sheet that I drew up on my 18th birthday. Isn't it funny how that isn't enough once your perception changes?

I've ticked off most things on that board if not all of them, yet I feel extremely unfulfilled and will do until I replace employment

The flip side is, it consumes my time and devours my soul. So the countdown is ticking..

Had a few jobs:

Television Director (my show airs in Australia, New Zealand, Thailand, coming to the UK, US, and Canada soon)
O-2

Mind if I ask what the show is? (I'm in Australia, so just generally curious :) )

Last edited:

ilrein

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Oct 1, 2012
I really do love this forum <3

I'm fortunate enough to have discovered TMF back in college...I consumed it like I did with every other book I loved, religiously over 2 days, and then with several re-readings after until I'm so sick of the text it I can never stomach another re-read. Which I probably will a few years later again.

I decided to learn to code and right now I'm working full time as a front end developer. I really like that I make a very market competitive amount, and I reinforce and expand a powerful skill for entrepreneurship. But of course, like @safff said, it's never enough...in time, all the code I write will be exclusively for my profits.

DillanE

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Nov 21, 2016
New Jersey
I currently work for my father who owns and operates a manufacturing and sales business in the bowling industry.

He started thr business on an old Gateway computer in the kitcken of our second floor apartment in North Jersey in 2001. I was 9 years old. He would work his fulltime job at night (bowling mechanic) , & he would run the business during the day.

Fastforward to today, & we are one of the leading suppliers in the industry with an average of 17% growth each year over the past 5 years. I am fully resposible for everything in our 13k square foot warehouse. I really do enjoy what I do because its more than just a job to me. Im not waking up to go to another 9-5 job.

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015

You are definitely not the oldest here; you young whippersnapper! :)

If the book doesn't make you feel like you could have made better choices in the 20s, you're either already an advanced fastlaner, or you're not reading it right!

Oh and you're in a really protected industry; I bet you could find some really good entrepreneurial opportunities within pharmacy.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
You are definitely not the oldest here; you young whippersnapper! :)

If the book doesn't make you feel like you could have made better choices in the 20s, you're either already an advanced fastlaner, or you're not reading it right!

Oh and you're in a really protected industry; I bet you could find some really good entrepreneurial opportunities within pharmacy.
Unfortunately, pharmacy might soon violate the commandment of entry as thousands of my cohorts are rushing to study it as an easier and more lucrative opportunity than medicine. :(

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
I'm a student studying Australian Matriculation. At least the courses focus on critical thinking rather than blind memorisation and regurgitation, but the paperwork is heavy and then academics only increase my intrinsic value, its variables being difficult to manipulate freely not helping :(

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
Unfortunately, pharmacy might soon violate the commandment of entry as thousands of my cohorts are rushing to study it as an easier and more lucrative opportunity than medicine. :(

Studying is one thing... How easy is it to get accreditation? Plus of course, that doesn't mean that there aren't purchasing/export/import opportunities...

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Studying is one thing... How easy is it to get accreditation? Plus of course, that doesn't mean that there aren't purchasing/export/import opportunities...
In the real world, many problems and issues often come rushing at us. Thankfully, the good thing is that the world is also full of solutions, many which we don't have to reinvent.

Accreditation is an entry barrier...but I would say it is just a stationary wall. You pay the required cash ( or get in debt for it), study your a$$ off (and miss lots of fastlane opportunities in the process) and the barrier's down. Besides pharmacy is still a JOB, time for money. A Fastlane business would have more dynamic barriers...sales front, copyright laws, business relationships, so on...

Somehow I don't see such a following in many pharmacy businesses for some reasons.

But it's one of the most lucrative, and we do need medicines. Nothing wrong about pharmacy. However, I would like to say that the selling of medicines as a SOLUTION via a SYSTEM would be more effectively executed via a Fastlane roadmap, let alone an entrepreneur.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida

I'm a pharma rep, there are definitely some fastlane business ideas for a PharmD. Shoot me a message if you want to talk them over.

PoGOOD

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Jul 4, 2014
Warsaw, Poland
I manage the Polish branch of media monitoring company. If you're interested what and which media tall about you, your brand, company, product or employees - we're the guys to find it for you.
What differentiate us from others though is the "selecting" - a service that delivers to you I KY relevant information, processed by skilled analysts.
I am a CEO and a sales manager.

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk Pro

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!