The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What's your job ? What do you do?

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Freelance AdWords coach and consultant. I work from home 4 days a week, and most evenings for a couple of hours. I love where I am at, and love what I do. I would like to help more people so am trying to capture and leverage my knowledge better so that it can scale. It's a work in progress, and you can see what I am doing and how I am doing it here in thefastlaneforum....

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Durete

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Mar 16, 2012
For those of you who are still stuck in the slowlane, I'm a little curious about your occupation...What do you do if you don't mind sharing?
I'm an entertainer on a cruise ship,
Basicly working 10 months a year, 7 days a week(Yup weekends dont exist) and average of 10-12 hours a day.

Atm writing my first product, which is great quality, but kinda stuck on the very basics...
Where do I set up my online business,
Do I need to register the business
How does it work with taxes (I'm a person that isn't registered in any country.)
What name should I pick for the business (The name I wanted isn't registered, but the domain.com is taken)
Do i make my own website/webstore, or do I hire someone to do that,
Which bank do I use for the business

Etc.etc.etc.

nskitts

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Jul 24, 2014
Respiratory Therapy manager in a struggling hospital system. As of last year, also a restaurant owner. The latter is my stepping stone to the fastlane. I don't see it as my end goal but rather a step to something bigger.

NerdAtCoolTable

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
47%
Jul 20, 2014
26. Work for a grocery chain distribution warehouse. No kids , no wife. Make 50k a year but still depressed about my life.

Learning how to program at the moment. One day I will be working from home for myself.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I actually had some a$$ hat ask me for my resume a month ago. I just laughed. I haven't had a resume in 10 years. Do people still even have resumes?

Iwokeup

Aut viam invenium aut faciam
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 23, 2014
The East Coast
I actually had some a$$ hat ask me for my resume a month ago. I just laughed. I haven't had a resume in 10 years. Do people still even have resumes?
What? Trying to imagine the situation that would have prompted this....

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
A low level employee who worked for a company I was in some discussions with. His job title was "director of sales" but his company is suffering from a lack of sales. It's amazing what happens sometimes when you turn the lights on, cockroaches scatter. People tend to get nervous when somebody more experienced than them walks into the room, and their bullshit that masquerades as expertise is threatened.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
ER physician. If you're dying, I'm your man.

By the way, I consider this to be an extremely noble calling and I hope you find your fast lane but don't give up on helping people.

Iwokeup

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 23, 2014
The East Coast
By the way, I consider this to be an extremely noble calling and I hope you find your fast lane but don't give up on helping people.
Sigh. Yeah man, I hear you. I probably won't give up on this, not totally.

I'm actually inspired by the story of an ED physician that I ran across at one of my away rotations in medical school. This guy was coming on shift and you would have thought that a rock star was descending on the place by all of the buzz emanating from the nurses, residents, and other attendings.

Turns out that the guy had developed some sort of multi-million/billion dollar medical device and was reported to be richer than Croesus. I asked him why he still worked in the ER (part time, of course) and he replied, "Nothing, and I mean nothing beats saving a life and knowing that you were the one to do it."

Iwokeup

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 23, 2014
The East Coast
Paramedic. Been on the streets for way too long so I'm starting a software business to make EMS and emergency medicine better.
And I find what you do to be incredibly important. Wish I had EMS guys like you where I work....

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
Paramedic. Been on the streets for way too long so I'm starting a software business to make EMS and emergency medicine better.
Sigh. Yeah man, I hear you. I probably won't give up on this, not totally.

I'm actually inspired by the story of an ED physician that I ran across at one of my away rotations in medical school. This guy was coming on shift and you would have thought that a rock star was descending on the place by all of the buzz emanating from the nurses, residents, and other attendings.

Turns out that the guy had developed some sort of multi-million/billion dollar medical device and was reported to be richer than Croesus. I asked him why he still worked in the ER (part time, of course) and he replied, "Nothing, and I mean nothing beats saving a life and knowing that you were the one to do it."
My family and I thank you both. I have the stent to prove it :)

Iwokeup

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 23, 2014
The East Coast
My family and I thank you both. I have the stent to prove it :)
Ahhh, man. That was your cardiologist, not us. So VERY glad that you're alive and kicking. :)

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego

throttleforward

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Oct 30, 2009
Washington DC
Back in the day I patrolled the mean streets of Richmond as an EMT. I decided to put up some reminders in my cube at the day job that I occasionally did interesting, dynamic and (once in a while) important work.

It's also a reminder to all that pass that yes, the Yankees do suck.
IMAG0923.jpg

Iwokeup

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 23, 2014
The East Coast

mikekob

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Oct 29, 2013
Denver, CO
Were just a piece to the puzzle. Being a medic is probably the most fun job ever. Just the driving alone is worth it.

joeswift

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
350%
Jun 1, 2014
gettingpaidtopoop.gif

Basilius

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Feb 26, 2015
Czech Republic
Superb thread! Thanks to the OP for creating it.

I'm employed as application administrator in IT company. Our team is responsible that customer's call center works as designed (from the application side, of course). It used to be fun and challenging when I was actually a part of a development - creating routing strategies for voice, emails, faxes etc. was challenging, exhausting but highly interesting at the same time. Then I moved to another company where there's a different team to make any developments and we just maintain its running pieces. Although it's not fun anymore, it freed up my time, so that I can work on myself most of the time.

carlolacson

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
232%
Mar 17, 2014
Quezon City, Philippines
Right after college I worked in a call center as an agent, quit for 1 month then became a real estate consultant for 2 months decided to quit again,became a fastfood crew then quit for two months. I'm now a tech editor writing articles in a advertising company so far this job gives me more time to work in my fastlane business.

JDRose

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Feb 15, 2015
Full time student/part time gym employee

graduate in May with a spinning compass direction.

yay me.

Mr3Thirty5

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Feb 9, 2015
Employed as a payroll and accounting associate. Gained a lot of experience in the last 4 years being in this field, but definitely not my cup of tea. Until I figure out what my fastelane business will be, I'm educating myself with books and researching anything that catches my interest.

Pete799p

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Aug 18, 2011
I work in a restaurant, I'm the guy who makes pizzas (lol...). I never went to college because I couldn't afford it so when I've tried hiring in other places they either required a college diploma or work experience of at least 2 years in the domain for which I applied. I worked in call centers, advertising, and on EA's game testing. Turned to internet marketing because you don't need a stupid diploma to make it, no one cares about your race,gender,how you look,etc. None of these superficial factors. I'm pretty sure that the internet is the only place where the ammount of work is equal to the ammount of revenue. Plus, I don't like to be ordered around by incompetent,obvious fools who don't know a thing about life and social relations with other people.

Another area you might want to look into is sales. Its another profession that usually only cares if you can do the job, ie closing. If you are good you can potentially make a lot of money and might be a great fit if you are really good at social relations with other people.

CrispySmurf

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Sep 21, 2013
South Carolina, USA
I currently work for a healthcare company. Specifically, I have done marketing, accounting, and consulting for assisted living facilities. I am currently looking into some involvement with web based companies, but have a lot to learn before investing

Solrac

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Jul 6, 2014
Florida
Full time student that get's bored with school all the time. Part time worker for the school.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.