The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What's your HEALTHCON Status?

What is your HEALTHCON status?

• Healthcon 5: Perfect Health, no ailments or issues!

Votes: 41 41.8%
  • Healthcon 4: Good Health, dealing with some minor aliments and issues.

Votes: 44 44.9%
  • Healthcon 3: Fair Health, dealing with several issues/ailments, periodic medications

Votes: 9 9.2%
  • Healthcon 2: Poor Health, dealing with many ailments/issues/obesity, on medications

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Healthcon 1: Sickly, dealing with many ailments/issues/obesity, on medications

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Well no sooner than a few days after I posted this I picked up Covid from my wife who had to do some emergency traveling. First day out of bed in days... HEALTHCON4.
Sorry to hear this. Hope you get well quickly.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
Healthcon3 for me ending 2022 but feel can get to 4 in a few months of new year. Was a horrific year for a few one off health issues added to others I've had that pushed my business progress back but happy to say still in game and growing.

I started year with COVID and it attacked an old injury leaving me bedridden for all of January. I was bitten by a friggin Brown Recluse Spider and become a medical journal poster child for the bad reaction in June which rearranged my life. Was rammed from behind at a stop light in early November to add some body pain but came out okay.

The shocking part is I found a new low impact sport during all of this that I've been playing competitively a few days a week and my diet is so much better and feel at my age of 50 can be a cornerstone of much better overall health so have a lot to look forward too after a chaotic health year.

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
I would have to say HEALTHCON4.

Everything for me has really been mental. I recently found out that I have emotional loneliness. The idea that I have created this illusion or mirage just to gain attention, love, and acceptance from my family and friends except for the that fact I wasn't being my truthful to who I really am.

There seems to be this huge family estrangement that is happening between my immediate family and I. The emotional loneliness seems to be legit and makes sense. I am having a therapy session tomorrow with my therapist. Though however, when I told her what I wanted to do. She called the FASTLANE method of selling a business later down the line in 10 years "magic voodoo" or "Wishful thinking". Which I wasn't too happy about, I believe in it even though I didn't see it.

The only reason why we talked about was because she wanted to talk about my social relationships and how I figured out that I was in a burnout with what I am currently doing and how I apparently wasn't staying True to to myself to which I wanted to talk about with her about.

I figured this out by reading a book called "The Joy of Burn Out" by Dr. Dina Glouberman. Though it feels liberating to not hide your trues elf or at least when speaking to people and saying your truth.

I don't take any medications, nor had I had any surgeries for many year's. Though I am sure I am way overdue for a check up.

Death itself has been on my mind though, and is changing my view about my health and getting more serious about it. A family friend that I recently visited (he's in his 60's) almost died twice last year and has only 40% capacity of his heart. UT Southwest Hospital down here in Texas billed in $1.4 million dollars for all of his medical expenses. (To which I have a very deep hate view, but will not express haha) but just goes to show how health is very important and is wealth.

A close friend of mine's grandfather is dying, C0VlD-19 ruined his lungs and he has yet since to recovery. As he states he's on borrowed time.

So with everything, I have been questioning what I have been questioning very deeply about what I am doing and was just reminded how little time we have ever on Earth because who knows what's on the other side.

This is a cool video about death as well the Famous Prince EA explaining how he's quitting social media and was questioning about whether he's making the most of his life.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=bCeWncuIfoc&fbclid=IwAR0V4VO0H6FulHtb4zEtI3uGNGOVsSec93WxkdOD1JUqDqtmb8qkpluDhb8

Last edited:

EmotionEngine

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Sep 15, 2020
United States
HEALTHCON 4 (due to hereditary issues, just had my full bloodwork done after Christmas) and attempting to improve with diet changes. The major exercise change has happened fortunately. :) I bike and do resistance training 1 hour a day 6 days a week and already see major improvements after 8 weeks. My gut disappeared and nurses commented that I look really good and not fat. I was never even close to obese but in my mind I knew I could be better.

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
279%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
What's your HEALTHCON?

Like DEFCON which states a military condition, your HEALTHCON is your Health Condition.

This might be a bit neurotic but I look @ my health condition like a DEFCON military status.

It is something that I pay attention to, and treat very seriously.

HEALTHCON5 - Perfectly fit, zero medications, zero ailments, not actively treating any condition.

HEALTHCON4 - Good health, but dealing with sleeping issues, ocassional mild fatigue, slight weight issues, 1 or 2 ailments or conditions, such as acid reflux, slight depression, stomach and digestive issues, addictive issues (phone/drinking/video games) back pains, or other chronic conditions. These issues are more NAGS and reduce quality of life, but don't necessarily stop you from living your life.

HEALTHCON3 - OK health but dealing with mild to moderate obesity, chronic fatigue and/or insomnia, several ailments and conditions often requiring several medications. Often sick. Sometimes your health conditions stop you from doing what you want.

HEALTHCON2 - Poor health, dealing with moderate to morbid obesity, many ailments, including aches/pains, trouble walking, struggling to do the basics in life like climbing a flight of stairs, jogging for 1 minute. Medications are part of life. Sickness is a regular, monthly occurrence.

HEALTHCON1 - Sickly. Everything above but worse, chronic, and your life is actually in danger from heart attack, stroke, or any other ailment, such as COVID or the flu.

For most of 2022, I considered myself at HEALTHCON5, in perfect health and not dealing with any type of ailments. Everyone in my life who is my age are struggling at HEALTHCON 2 to 4.

However for the last two months I've been dealing with a nagging itch on my foot that would not go away. At first I thought it was athletes foot or something like that, but the itch did not respond to any type of treatment, including fungal treatments.

This itch, caused me to go to HEALTHCON4 and it was annoying the heck out of me.

So for the last 2 months, it has been my objective to SOLVE this itch and rid myself of it. My wife who is a nurse said it was likely neurological or nerve related since intense scratching only delivered subtle relief, and the itch seemed to be deep in the foot, not on the skin's surface.

My home is full of all types of therapeutic tools, from a massage gun, to an infared sauna, to a ultrasound tools and electric stimulators, to a hot tub.

NOTHING WORKED.

And the itch was starting to effect my work, and my sleep.

Guess what solved it?

This did.

I'm not sure to the exact modality, but doing this morning and night must have did some type of nerve stimulation and I went from hours of itches per day, to just minutes.

71IcW-ig7PL._SL1500_.jpg

I'm back at HEALTHCON5.

Interesting, I spent most of my 30's and early 40's between a mix of HEALTHCON 3 and 4, never getting to 5.

So, what's your current HEALHCON?

What were you for 2022 as an average?

What's the plan to get to 5? Is there a plan? Or is it, "Oh, this is just how things are."
My sleep is F*cked right now and i have a problem with watching too much youtube.
So i gotta say 4. In times where i go monk mode (2h of Youtube a day and sleeping from 8:30pm to 6am) its a 5.

Being Young is such a gift.

kendamakid

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Apr 14, 2018
USA
What's your HEALTHCON?

Like DEFCON which states a military condition, your HEALTHCON is your Health Condition.

This might be a bit neurotic but I look @ my health condition like a DEFCON military status.

HEALTHCON 3

It's hard to imagine that a 4 years ago I was at HEALTHCON 5. I was near the peak of my fitness physically. The past few years has been challenging with a chronic condition that's supposed to heal in 3-5 years but I'm not there yet. Looking for the opportunity to get back to 4 and ultimately 5.

Being at HEALTHCON 5 all the time is probably unrealistic. There will be occasional drops to 4 - which is no different than having to go thru pains to reach your goals.

As I get older, I realize more and more the importance of health. I, like MJ DeMarco, have also adopted a plant based diet. Scientifically this seems to be the based backed diet. Diet has to be balanced with exercise which can be a de-stressor and I tend to go for bodyweight exercises mixed in with kettlebells. Exercise helps clear the mind and it also gets boosted by reading.

HEALTHCON 5 process : Plant based diet, regular exercise, read regularly and adopting the principles from "The Great Rat Race Escape" to achieve the goal.

CaptainAmerica

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
244%
Dec 27, 2015
Phoenix OR
HEALTHCON 4 but only because menopause made me allergic to corn. It's the world's dumbest allergy. But as long as I maintain CONSTANT VIGILANCE, I'm at HEALTHCON 5.

BlokeInProgress

Business Building Warrior
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 6, 2014
Australia
2022 was a good year for me even with some injuries from sports activities, I would say I'm at HEALTHCON 5 at that time. Right now, I'm hovering around HEALTHCON 3-4, so much food went in my body in the last 2 months of going in vacation.

Now that I'm back, its time to work on my health again, time to take care of my health once again.

Steps that I need to take:
1. Know where I am - take a baseline, e.g. weigh, blood test (know my numbers)
2. Clean food intake - best way to clean my gut
3. Move - start moving gradually to avoid injury
4. Re-measure - take tests again to measure progress

Kirby73

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Oct 31, 2021
I've gone beyond HEALTHCON 5, I am now optimising my health to live to over 100 years old by reducing my biological age to mitigate against age-related disease.

We are living longer but our health span is deteriorating quicker than at any time in history. The are are now more people over 65 that kids under 5 this means we will start to see a reduction in the size of the global population and so imperative we improve our health span

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Ugh, dealing with some type of carpel tunnel in my wrist. Healthcon 4.

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Ugh, dealing with some type of carpel tunnel in my wrist. Healthcon 4.

Something that helps me when mine flares up is to take every finger, and bend it back towards the back of your wrist as far as it will go until it's stretched and uncomfortable without being painful and hold it there for a few seconds. I do this a few times a day and it usually starts feeling better in very short order.

That said, I'm no doctor - I've just found this is the only thing that works for me consistently.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Something that helps me when mine flares up is to take every finger, and bend it back towards the back of your wrist as far as it will go until it's stretched and uncomfortable without being painful and hold it there for a few seconds. I do this a few times a day and it usually starts feeling better in very short order.

That said, I'm no doctor - I've just found this is the only thing that works for me consistently.

Next time I see you, remind me to kiss you, lol. Been doing this every hour for the last few and I feel 100% improvement.

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA

Dr Alan Mandell on Instagram recommended this for issues like that.

The other issue MJ had with the itching on his foot. I think he recommended laying on your back and raising your legs up against a wall to supposedly help your lymphatic system.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Matt Sun

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
252%
Oct 21, 2017
Argentina
Current: Healthcon 5. No health issues at all. Triying to get my phisique from okay to awesome, so started lifting weights 3x a week almost a month ago.

Passed my adolescence and 20s in healthcon 2-4: As a teen was always with cronic sinusitis, amigdalitis, taking anti biotics. the 2 being in 2017 with severe depression. Then I went plant based diet.
Have been pretty much in healthcon 5 ever since, just a twisted ankle playing football and a mild shoulder injurie for doing dips without warming up the articulation are all I can recall as health struggle.

Covid made me feel awful for 3 days in the first days of 2022 but I recovered fine.

Traveled to Brazil at the end of the year and got a let's called "toilet covid", took my natural health stuff and was fine in 24 hours.
Lo and behold now many tourist in that beach area of Brazil are having this same sickness in the middle of high season. Seems lots of rain f*** up the water supply.

It was crazy that in christmas we celebrated with music with my family (it was also my fathers birthday) and jumping somewhat energetic and that was enough for my sister to break her knee's menisci. That is some healthcon 2-3 for her when you can't do some jumps without breaking a joint. She wouldn't even give me the time of day when I told her to supplement magnesium. Seems we need the hard way to learn.

I know a guy in my city that is also plant based and he claimed it cured his psoriasis.
If you are strugling I see no negative to triying it for a few months, as long as you do it well without deficiency. For this I use a free and amazing app called cronometer.com , no, they don't pay me, they are a productocracy.

I wish you all do great health wise in 2023.

Spenny

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom
2020, healthcon 3: minorly obese, lost two stone in a month from intense exercise
2021, healthcon 4: cycled everyday to work, burnt the equivalent of something like ~300 McFlurries in Calories
2022 - present: healthcon 5: strong, athletic & really watch what I put into my body

Life is great :)

andyhaus44

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
154%
May 17, 2017
St. Charles, MO
What's your HEALTHCON?

HEALTHCON5 - Perfectly fit, zero medications, zero ailments, not actively treating any condition.

HEALTHCON4 - Good health, but dealing with sleeping issues, ocassional mild fatigue, slight weight issues, 1 or 2 ailments or conditions, such as acid reflux, slight depression, stomach and digestive issues, addictive issues (phone/drinking/video games) back pains, or other chronic conditions. These issues are more NAGS and reduce quality of life, but don't necessarily stop you from living your life.

HEALTHCON3 - OK health but dealing with mild to moderate obesity, chronic fatigue and/or insomnia, several ailments and conditions often requiring several medications. Often sick. Sometimes your health conditions stop you from doing what you want.

HEALTHCON2 - Poor health, dealing with moderate to morbid obesity, many ailments, including aches/pains, trouble walking, struggling to do the basics in life like climbing a flight of stairs, jogging for 1 minute. Medications are part of life. Sickness is a regular, monthly occurrence.

HEALTHCON1 - Sickly. Everything above but worse, chronic, and your life is actually in danger from heart attack, stroke, or any other ailment, such as COVID or the flu.

For most of 2022, I considered myself at HEALTHCON5, in perfect health and not dealing with any type of ailments. Everyone in my life who is my age are struggling at HEALTHCON 2 to 4.

However for the last two months I've been dealing with a nagging itch on my foot that would not go away. At first I thought it was athletes foot or something like that, but the itch did not respond to any type of treatment, including fungal treatments.

This itch, caused me to go to HEALTHCON4 and it was annoying the heck out of me.

So for the last 2 months, it has been my objective to SOLVE this itch and rid myself of it. My wife who is a nurse said it was likely neurological or nerve related since intense scratching only delivered subtle relief, and the itch seemed to be deep in the foot, not on the skin's surface.

My home is full of all types of therapeutic tools, from a massage gun, to an infared sauna, to a ultrasound tools and electric stimulators, to a hot tub.

NOTHING WORKED.

And the itch was starting to effect my work, and my sleep.

Guess what solved it?

This did.

I'm not sure to the exact modality, but doing this morning and night must have did some type of nerve stimulation and I went from hours of itches per day, to just minutes.

71IcW-ig7PL._SL1500_.jpg

I'm back at HEALTHCON5.

Interesting, I spent most of my 30's and early 40's between a mix of HEALTHCON 3 and 4, never getting to 5.

So, what's your current HEALHCON?

What were you for 2022 as an average?

What's the plan to get to 5? Is there a plan? Or is it, "Oh, this is just how things are."
Hey @MJ DeMarco , I just read your newsletter about you having a really bad itch on your foot - try using mouth wash. Sounds odd but it has been a Godsend for me when it comes to intense itching.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.