The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What's your HEALTHCON Status?

What is your HEALTHCON status?

• Healthcon 5: Perfect Health, no ailments or issues!

Votes: 41 41.8%
  • Healthcon 4: Good Health, dealing with some minor aliments and issues.

Votes: 44 44.9%
  • Healthcon 3: Fair Health, dealing with several issues/ailments, periodic medications

Votes: 9 9.2%
  • Healthcon 2: Poor Health, dealing with many ailments/issues/obesity, on medications

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Healthcon 1: Sickly, dealing with many ailments/issues/obesity, on medications

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
What's your HEALTHCON?

Like DEFCON which states a military condition, your HEALTHCON is your Health Condition.

This might be a bit neurotic but I look @ my health condition like a DEFCON military status.

It is something that I pay attention to, and treat very seriously.

HEALTHCON5 - Perfectly fit, zero medications, zero ailments, not actively treating any condition.

HEALTHCON4 - Good health, but dealing with sleeping issues, ocassional mild fatigue, slight weight issues, 1 or 2 ailments or conditions, such as acid reflux, slight depression, stomach and digestive issues, addictive issues (phone/drinking/video games) back pains, or other chronic conditions. These issues are more NAGS and reduce quality of life, but don't necessarily stop you from living your life.

HEALTHCON3 - OK health but dealing with mild to moderate obesity, chronic fatigue and/or insomnia, several ailments and conditions often requiring several medications. Often sick. Sometimes your health conditions stop you from doing what you want.

HEALTHCON2 - Poor health, dealing with moderate to morbid obesity, many ailments, including aches/pains, trouble walking, struggling to do the basics in life like climbing a flight of stairs, jogging for 1 minute. Medications are part of life. Sickness is a regular, monthly occurrence.

HEALTHCON1 - Sickly. Everything above but worse, chronic, and your life is actually in danger from heart attack, stroke, or any other ailment, such as COVID or the flu.

For most of 2022, I considered myself at HEALTHCON5, in perfect health and not dealing with any type of ailments. Everyone in my life who is my age are struggling at HEALTHCON 2 to 4.

However for the last two months I've been dealing with a nagging itch on my foot that would not go away. At first I thought it was athletes foot or something like that, but the itch did not respond to any type of treatment, including fungal treatments.

This itch, caused me to go to HEALTHCON4 and it was annoying the heck out of me.

So for the last 2 months, it has been my objective to SOLVE this itch and rid myself of it. My wife who is a nurse said it was likely neurological or nerve related since intense scratching only delivered subtle relief, and the itch seemed to be deep in the foot, not on the skin's surface.

My home is full of all types of therapeutic tools, from a massage gun, to an infared sauna, to a ultrasound tools and electric stimulators, to a hot tub.

NOTHING WORKED.

And the itch was starting to effect my work, and my sleep.

Guess what solved it?

This did.

I'm not sure to the exact modality, but doing this morning and night must have did some type of nerve stimulation and I went from hours of itches per day, to just minutes.

71IcW-ig7PL._SL1500_.jpg

I'm back at HEALTHCON5.

Interesting, I spent most of my 30's and early 40's between a mix of HEALTHCON 3 and 4, never getting to 5.

So, what's your current HEALHCON?

What were you for 2022 as an average?

What's the plan to get to 5? Is there a plan? Or is it, "Oh, this is just how things are."

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
What's your HEALTHCON?

Like DEFCON which states a military condition, your HEALTHCON is your Health Condition.

This might be a bit neurotic but I look @ my health condition like a DEFCON military status.

HEALTHCON5 - Perfectly fit, zero medications, zero ailments, not actively treating any condition.

HEALTHCON4 - Good health, but dealing with sleeping issues, ocassional mild fatigue, slight weight issues, 1 or 2 ailments or conditions, such as acid reflux, slight depression, stomach and digestive issues, addictive issues (phone/drinking/video games) back pains, or other chronic conditions. These issues are more NAGS and reduce quality of life, but don't necessarily stop you from living your life.

HEALTHCON3 - OK health but dealing with mild to moderate obesity, chronic fatigue and/or insomnia, several ailments and conditions often requiring several medications. Often sick. Sometimes your health conditions stop you from doing what you want.

HEALTHCON2 - Poor health, dealing with moderate to morbid obesity, many ailments, including aches/pains, trouble walking, struggling to do the basics in life like climbing a flight of stairs, jogging for 1 minute. Medications are part of life. Sickness is a regular, monthly occurrence.

HEALTHCON1 - Sickly. Everything above but worse, chronic, and your life is actually in danger from heart attack, stroke, or any other ailment, such as COVID or the flu.

For most of 2022, I considered myself at HEALTHCON5, in perfect health and not dealing with any type of ailments. Everyone in my life who is my age are struggling at HEALTHCON 2 to 4.

However for the last two months I've been dealing with a nagging itch on my foot that would not go away. At first I thought it was athletes foot or something like that, but the itch did not respond to any type of treatment, including fungal treatments.

This itch, caused me to go to HEALTHCON4 and it was annoying the heck out of me.

So for the last 2 months, it has been my objective to SOLVE this itch and rid myself of it. My wife who is a nurse said it was likely neurological or nerve related since intense scratching only delivered subtle relief, and the itch seemed to be deep in the foot, not on the skin's surface.

My home is full of all types of therapeutic tools, from a massage gun, to an infared sauna, to a ultrasound tools and electric stimulators, to a hot tub.

NOTHING WORKED.

Guess what solved it?

This did.

I'm not sure to the exact modality, but doing this morning and night must have did some type of nerve stimulation and I went from hours of itches per day, to just minutes.

71IcW-ig7PL._SL1500_.jpg

I'm back at HEALTHCON5.

Interesting, I spent most of my 30's and early 40's between a mix of HEALTHCON 3 and 4, never getting to 5.

What's the plan to get to 5? Is there a plan? Or is it, "Oh, this is just how things are."
In January I considered myself at 5 for 63 years old. No meds or health problems. It all changed January 14. I am at level 2 now and determined to get back to 5. You can go down much faster than you would expect and it's tough to get back up. The current status quo is unacceptable.

Bigguns50

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 12, 2013
Sedona, AZ
As I was reading your condition, I immediately thought "nerve issue". I'm glad the mat helps. I have the same mat. Love it!

Psoriasis is my ONLY issue. I spent 6 years trying to solve this myself. I now take Humira, which I hate taking, but for now, it is under control. My insurance pays $11,000/mo for 2 injections! Stupid.

polaroid22

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
Oct 26, 2021
I always thought due to my ilness I would pass in my early thirties. (not fat by any means)
Then I stopped eating candy/sugar/soda's/processed foods and started eathing healthy and drinking only water and wine, and what do you know all my troubles went away. But doctors were determined I needed to take medication for 15 years, the medication did nothing. Changed my diet and BAM my body was great again... Lost too much time of my life, so glad I found the millionaire fastlane, trying to make up for lost time.

Goodfella999

My biggest regret is not starting sooner
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Apr 29, 2022
South FL
5, 3 months ago was diagnosed with high cholesterol (genetics) and cut my cholesterol in half with red yeast rice instead of statins.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
HEALTHCON4 for me.

Mostly I can run about fine.
I do have eczema, but they can be kept down as long I hydrate skin with lotion and do cold baths.
Hot baths are nice, but they actually dry out the skin and agitate shit.

I still avoid seafood as it came up as a potential trigger in past blood tests.
Dust is also an eczema trigger. But it can't be avoided especially when you know, everywhere can't be 100% clean. So best I can do is to clean and wash up after extremely sweaty/dirty jobs.

There are times I feel some fatigue in the evening-- and I crash in bed even though there are urgent deadlines that usually would rile me up to action.

One too many folks tell me to just 'do more sports'.
I find such remarks silly and somewhat unempathetic...you are telling easily-tired people to burn out FURTHER through sports? Even gym routines need recovery days. And I think a lot of them DON'T even do sports themselves.

So what I've done so far is to cut down on sweet drinks like coffee at evenings.
And switch to green tea. I had been eating quite a bit of sweet stuffs and drinks to get me by work-- and the sugars might have messed up with things.

So far I had fewer fatigue moments.
I think the rest needs a reshuffle of the work schedule.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
553%
Apr 17, 2022
Time and health are our most precious assets and we need both in order to enjoy life. If you are in bad health, you time here on earth becomes a curse.

Making your health a top priority is a very wise choice, and a militaristic approach to preserving and improving it seems appropriate.

The single best thing that I ever did for my health was training hard. Exercise is nothing less than a miracle for the human mind and body.

Arithen

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Dec 13, 2021
Canada
I just returned from a family dinner that was hosting around 20 people. It's the first time in a few years that I had anything that was deep-fried (because everything was deep-fried or covered in oil, including the salad). The pandemic has prevented me from going to these family outings for those years and I can honestly say it's been GREAT!

I've always been very health/fitness conscious, but it's been extremely easy to accomplish when you're not constantly exposed to awful habits or placed in a situation where temptation or anything else could otherwise drive progress/preferred lifestyle off the road.

100% HEALTHCON 5!

I actively see progress on a monthly basis and am healthier and more fit than I've ever been and will continue to be. I've always struggled to put on weight, but I'm up 10 lbs of lean muscle mass this year, my nutrition is the most refined it's ever been, and I no longer suffer from asthma.

Meanwhile, I've watched the overall waist span of the public inch ever longer. My family, no matter the age, seems to be deteriorating. I'm constantly being asked by friends and family about what they can do as well.

Looks like the market has some problems that need solving

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
What's your HEALTHCON?

NOTHING WORKED.

Guess what solved it?

This did.

71IcW-ig7PL._SL1500_.jpg

I'm back at HEALTHCON5.

I’m going to get one just to try it out.

I’ve got a weird strain in my right arm now. Been bugging me for 2 months. Pointing finger inflamed, outside forearm sore, right front shoulder sore.

I think it’s from all the home improvement, assembling furniture and painting for at my new house. I think it needs rest, but kind of hard to rest your dominant arm.

jhoover

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Oct 4, 2022
I'm at healthcon 4. Considering I'm 22 I should be at 5. The biggest concerns are chronic backpain, all year allergies, and a weird lump in my throat that the ENT thought could be scarring. I've already implemented exercise (3 days of weight lifting, 2 days of BJJ training, and 1 day of stationary biking with a day off). I have a followup appt. with the ENT next month where I will probably be put on vocal therapy. I've been doing research on stretches for my lower back, and been considering picking up an inversion table. Daily cold exposure has also drastically increased my immune system.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Bump.

JunkBoxJoey_JBJ

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jul 9, 2018
2022 - averaged HC5

Set-back in August (HC4) with muscle pull

Funny ...I actually have the mat (will reincorporate with yoga, walking and stretching, foam roller - which are ongoing).

@MJ DeMarco did you stand or lay down for your foot?

PS - thank you for the reminder

Last edited:

S.Y.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 4, 2017
Canada
HEALTHCON5 on average for 2022, with bouts in HC4.

My plan is to continue what I have been doing:
1. eating healthy most of the time (including proper hydration)
2. Proper sleep
3. movement-first approach to physical activity
4. Bodyweight training.
5. Regular cardio (Zone 2 training mostly) - Addition this year.
6. Owning my stories - significant impact in my life

But also to add more play in my life. I have been reading a lot about play recently, and it has been both fascinating and eye-opening.

Albert KOUADJA

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
Mar 13, 2022
I am Healthcon4

I feel pain in my hips and in my right arm. And my hips, this is due to the intense activities (ploughing, unloading goods, digging...) that I was doing but I stopped two years ago and the fact that I have been sitting too long lately.

And for my arm, it's due to reading/videos because I always keep my laptop to read/watch when I'm at work (in the service, the girls called me Mr laptop) and it's also due to manipulations of my computer keyboard all day when I am not at work.But exercising with stretching is fine
What's your HEALTHCON?

NOTHING WORKED.

Guess what solved it?

This did.

71IcW-ig7PL._SL1500_.jpg

I'm back at HEALTHCON5.

retching is fine.

Choate

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
242%
Mar 25, 2014
Boston
HEALTHCON 5 more or less. Finished up a half marathon earlier in the month and back to weightlifting with the ergometer (rowing) as my main form of cardio. This year I've eliminated video games and all social media accounts. Next, I want to reduce general surfing and focus my mind in a bit more. Been listening to the Kill Bigger Podcast a couple of times at the gym to start my session before transitioning into more intense music. Trying to kill off any Reddit use at all, so it'd be better for me to come here and browse this and contribute than scrolling Reddit. Have 0 wasteful apps on my phone, screentime is blocking websites I don't need.

I think my obsession with fitness carries everything else. It's a 24/7 war, not only with yourself but against big businesses trying to sell you their sugar loaded crap and social pressure trying to get you to have that one more drink or eat dessert with dinner. Resolve yourself against these modern pressures and it gives you the strength to do pretty much anything else. I agree with @heavy_industry on taking a militaristic approach to defending it.

fastlane_dad

8 Figure Fastlane Graduate
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
637%
Jun 20, 2017
Scottsdale, AZ
But also to add more play in my life. I have been reading a lot about play recently, and it has been both fascinating and eye-opening.
Any resources or materials you recommend that have benefitted you most?

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
Mar 15, 2018
Thanks for the bump. Good idea to reflect.

In my 20s I went from 5 to maybe a 2…
In my 30s, I climbed back to 5.
Now in my 40s… kicking a$$, fit, racing - the whole thing. But this year was a shit show. It took a “David Goggins” in me to race again. Because I can’t recall another year where I was sick with flu/covid/whatever the F*ck, as often and as bad before. Training took a lot of discipline (that honestly, if not for previous version of @MTF discomfort club newsletter - I didn’t know I had in me). Ending the year strong. Looking forward to 2023.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
I think mine belongs to 4.

I have excessive dandruff and dark eye circles symptoms that are reduced but never go full away.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I’m a 4. I don’t take anything, but vitamins and supplements. I don’t know where glasses/contacts fall, but I’d like to get lasik soon.

My complaint is that I’m not in awesome shape and I would like to be. I guess I define that as better than where I am.

Every once in a while I have a sore shoulder/neck from competitive golf growing up and my super hippy dippy chiropractor fixes that up pretty well.

AmazingLarry

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Jul 4, 2019
Between a 4 and 5 for me throughout this year.

Been lifting consistently and eating healthy for the most part. I've actually lost a bit of weight unintentionally because I've been so busy starting my business I naturally eat less. Planning to increase my calories and lifting volume in the coming months to put on some lean mass.

I take one med that keeps my hair from falling out (so not really a health issue), and I'm feeling good and sleeping good. I actually had some stomach issues for a while and figured out I was getting too much fiber.

Areas for improvement going forward are reducing saturated fat and sugar
as I increase my daily calorie intake. I'm also planning to do more cardio / mountain biking, which has become a lower priority the last few months because of business. Definitely need to schedule this back in.

I've also become really interested with nutrition recently and found that there's so much conflicting information and a lot we don't know. People in different diet camps can find studies that support any of their claims, and it's hard to find people who are trustworthy.

The two main sources I've ended up primarily following are Peter Attia and Layne Norton, who seem to be very data driven and mostly unbiased. They have a history of changing their views on things over the years as new data comes out and calling out BS.

Do you guys have any recommendations for sources of information about nutrition?

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
@MJ DeMarco did you stand or lay down for your foot?

No laid down on it, after waking up, and before bed. My guess is it stimulated some type of nerve system response and knocked out the itch. It was the only thing I changed after trying 20 different things.

OverByte

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
May 18, 2014
Canada
Do you guys have any recommendations for sources of information about nutrition?

Test things for a month and see how you feel, keep what works, adapt the rest.

After spending a long time listening to "experts" and finding the same conflicting information you mentioned I concluded to focus more on clarifying my goals related to fitness/wellness/longevity and experimenting for myself.

There's so much information available now that it's really easy to get sucked into rabbit holes and waste a lot of time on marginal (and sometimes negative) improvement.

General rules of thumb which seem to work for everyone: move more, eat things that were around 50-100 years ago, target calories to your goals. That will get you 80-90% of your improvements. The rest will be optimization based on your specific genetics/physiology.

For building muscle I do recommend people check out Mike Mentzer regardless of how big you want to get. His type of training and recovery intuitively makes sense, is objectively time efficient and is contrary to conventional advice.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia

Been lifting consistently and eating healthy for the most part. I've actually lost a bit of weight unintentionally because I've been so busy starting my business I naturally eat less. Planning to increase my calories and lifting volume in the coming months to put on some lean mass.

I take one med that keeps my hair from falling out (so not really a health issue), and I'm feeling good and sleeping good. I actually had some stomach issues for a while and figured out I was getting too much fiber.

as I increase my daily calorie intake. I'm also planning to do more cardio / mountain biking, which has become a lower priority the last few months because of business. Definitely need to schedule this back in.

I've also become really interested with nutrition recently and found that there's so much conflicting information and a lot we don't know. People in different diet camps can find studies that support any of their claims, and it's hard to find people who are trustworthy.

The two main sources I've ended up primarily following are Peter Attia and Layne Norton, who seem to be very data driven and mostly unbiased. They have a history of changing their views on things over the years as new data comes out and calling out BS.

Eat clean and eat in moderation.

I think we have to look at quantity and quality as a whole, with logic and common sense. You can have a high processed carb diet like Japanese diet (white rice) but the people there lived a long life so long the total calories intake is pretty restricted.

There is still risk of high blood pressure for people binge eating meat as primary source of calories intake.

Also take lifestyle into account. I know construction workers eating a hell lot of processed carb and sugary drink compared to office cubicles dudes and they are fine. If you have high energy expenditure but eat food that release energy slowly thats on a path of physical collapse.

You cannot talk about nutrition composition without talking total calories intake and overall lifestyle. If you are eating clean 100 percent of the time everything takes care of itself because it is difficult to overeat when it is clean. But if you aren’t always eating clean so long the total calories are restricted there is hardly any damage from what I see.

S.Y.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 4, 2017
Canada
Any resources or materials you recommend that have benefitted you most?

So far, these two books have resonated the most with me:

81HRPfU4RFL.jpg
51HPbOKV1SL._SX342_SY445_QL70_ML2_.jpg

Most of all the other resources are covered in those two.

For the longest time, play and fun were the same for me. I remember listening to Indistractable by Nir Eyal. At one point he talks about play in the context of work. Work and play? what? I was confused. Few months later, I am reading the Almanack of Naval Ravikant, and I stumble upon this:

Any end goal will just lead to another goal, lead to another goal. We just play games in life. When you grow up, you’re playing the school game, or you’re playing the social game. Then you’re playing the money game, and then you’re playing the status game. These games just have longer and longer and longerlived horizons. At some point, at least I believe, these are all just games. These are games where the outcome really stops mattering once you see through the game.

It is one thing to hear it from Nir Eyal. It is a whole different idea when it comes from Naval, who I respect far more. And as usual, Naval has a way of explaining things that make them clear to me. The bolded sentence above is by far the most important thing I have read about play. It changed my perspective and the way I view it. The books help by showing describing forms of play, toddlers making sense of the world and learning through a form of play for example.

General rules of thumb which seem to work for everyone: move more, eat things that were around 50-100 years ago, target calories to your goals. That will get you 80-90% of your improvements. The rest will be optimization based on your specific genetics/physiology.

Movement is one of the most underrated things in life! We have such a powerful tool for free. Yet it is underutilized by most.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9yFKPmPZ90

steve schweitzer

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
341%
Oct 18, 2015
alma, arkansas

I have found nutritionfacts.org to have tons of real information. Not just opinions but real scientific facts from peer reviewed studies. This is run by Dr Michael Greger and he has a lots of Youtube videos.

I eat only real, whole food vegan with all meals made from scratch and that has really helped to reverse a debilitating GI issue without drugs or surgery.

This site really helps with understanding exactly the mechanisms that exist for processing of food into energy down to the cell level and how that correlates with the health issues you are working on.

I realized that the number one impediment to my success was my health and ability to function without health issues.

Hopefully Dr Gregers site will help like it did for me.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Well no sooner than a few days after I posted this I picked up Covid from my wife who had to do some emergency traveling. First day out of bed in days... HEALTHCON4.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
553%
Apr 17, 2022
Well no sooner than a few days after I posted this I picked up Covid from my wife who had to do some emergency traveling. First day out of bed in days... HEALTHCON4.
I thought you were offline due to winter holidays.

I hope you will get better soon!

Fastlane_boy

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Nov 14, 2022
india
I am at HEALTHCON4

As a 24 I should be at HEALTHCON5, but due to my sitting habits

for several hours. continuosly, I got back pain as a gift

2023 is going to get away from this Annoying gift and creating a money engine..

Train

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
203%
May 11, 2021
Current: HEALTHCON 4 (Currently on an IV drip from dieting plus overtraining). Late 20s. Seems the excess caloric deficit (-1400 calories) plus daily strength training (1 5-rep heavy set a day) and cardio (1 hour brisk walk) was too much for me.

Year 2021 average: HEALTHCON 5
  • My physical and mental health was great. Barely any issues aside from weight increasing.
Year 2022 average: HEALTHCON 3
  • Gallbladder sludge caused me to lose ten pounds, along with daily fever, malaise, intense abdominal pain until removal.
  • Entry in and out of hospitals left me with panic attacks that afflicted me for months until I found a 99% cure (i.e. TRE).
  • Couldn't leave the house for a few months because of the sheer dread I got from meds or trauma.
  • Adjustments to life without the gallbladder which has left me with recurring minor symptoms (acid reflux, fasting is a no-go).
  • Got hit with a few colds this year.

Current plan is continuing TRE for anxiety/panic prevention, eating whole foods to satiety, strength training twice a week, cardio twice a week, and mobility work twice a week.

I also have daily routines for gratitude practice and breathwork. Breathwork did wonders for increased stamina and easier breathing. It's easier to breathe and workouts don't make me mouth breath as much. And I credit my improved blood pressure to Buteyko breathing (136/75 to 126/62) as it is not due to weight or dietary changes in my opinion.

In short, a mix of mental therapies, whole foods, and reasonable physical training to fix and maintain health. Age is catching up to me and I'm realizing what a dumb-*** I've been doing unsustainable diets and training. Less is more.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.