The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Why you should start taking care of your health now instead of later

OutofPoverty

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
308%
Jul 4, 2018
Ever since January 2019, I’ve been dealing with malodor issues such as fish body odor, PATM, FBO (fecal body odor), burning rubber, and more. People would make comments about it at my warehouse job and then people on public transportation would do the same, but I was oblivious because I didn’t think it was me and I couldn’t smell it myself. From January 2019 to August 2019, I always heard things such as “it smells like fish in here, omg who forgot to wear deodorant, “evil looks, and talking trash behind my back.

The same thing happened when I went back to school and at my internship (now full-time job). I was bullied and harassed by colleagues, professors, managers, staff members, co-workers, and more. Nonstop passive jokes about hygiene, taking a shower, spraying spray/perfume, etc. To the extreme, I would get threats and some people would want to get into a physical altercation with me because of this. This happened when I was homeless back in late November to December 2020 when my family decided to “file” a protective order against me and I had to sleep in motels until the court case was over.

I’ve been going to my primary care doctor since October 25, 2019, about it but I was always told that I “did not smell” and I would need to get mental help/see a therapist. As the months went on, the odor complaints kept getting worse from my colleagues. I spent hours traveling to different hospitals going to different hospitals wasting time and insurance to get told we don’t smell anything but would make indirect comments about it. I realized most people never heard of this condition, so everyone assumed I did not take showers or had poor hygiene.

It wasn’t until May 31st, 2021, I had my first appointment with a naturopathic doctor. She was the only person who took me seriously and wanted to get to the root cause of my problems. She ordered various tests for me such as a stool analysis, sibo test kit, and more to diagnose me based on my symptoms.

I was diagnosed with Trimethylaminuria. She believes that this was caused by lifestyle choices such as poor eating, sedentary lifestyle, because I took the genetic test for TMAU, and it came back negative. In addition to this diagnosis, I also have the following:
1. Leaky gut (paracellular)
2. Methane dominant sibo
3. Gut dysbiosis
4. Hypoglycemia
5. Hyperthyroidism
6. Low stomach acid
7. Adrenal fatigue

Even in my apartment, I still get people banging on the walls and yelling at me when I poop, eat, shower, burp, fart, rub my skin, and more. Unfortunately, this red gumball has affected the quality of my relationships because no one wants to be around someone that smells which is understandable, but the odor is not due to hygiene.

TLDR - I was diagnosed with a rare condition called TMAU from my naturopathic doctor. I had this condition for three years and my life has not been the same. Despite the setbacks, I cannot let this condition take over my life or use it as an excuse to why I do not like my life. The only thing in my control is to eat healthy, avoid trigger foods (eggs, beans, liver), and exercise regularly. This was the result of an abusive and stressful upbringing with poor eating habits (takeout, snacking, junk food) but I have the power to change it.

Principles and Lessons

1. Conventional Medicine is about symptoms and diseases. Not prevention
    1. After going from doctor to doctor to understand my health issue, I realized that most conventional doctors only want to treat symptoms while ignoring the root cause to keep you sick. If they can treat you with a pill, shot, or surgery then your problem does not existGI Effects.PNG
    2. In April 2021, I asked my PCP about a vitamin and mineral deficiency test. She asked me “which one do you want” and I was confused because I wanted to get all of my vitamins and mineral checked but my pcp told me I did not have any symptoms of a V&M deficiency. I was diagnosed with low vitamin D levels from my ND. I showed my primary care doctor my LabCorp results and referenced my previous appointment and I was told "you don't have any symptoms." When

1. Never underestimate how stress affects the body
  2. Taking charge of your health
    1. I’m thankful I never let my pcp tell me that I was “fine” when my body was telling me otherwise. I was proactive and decided to find an answer. It took thousands of YouTube videos, few books, and research
    2. I watched people such as Dr.Eric Berg, Dr. Eric Bakker, Dr.Sten Ekberg, Dr. Kenberry to understand how the body works.
    3. Book Recommendation Dr. Colbert's Healthy Gut Zone: Heal Your Digestive System to Restore Your Body and Renew Your Mind
  3. The importance of having a meaning and purpose
    1. I don’t know how I've been able to live with this for three years. I’ve been homeless, items vandalized, people wish death on me, publicly humiliated from managers, friends, family, professors, co-workers. If it wasn’t for my niece, I don’t know where I would be right now. I can’t risk her growing up without me because I do not want her to be a product of her environment. When I was her age, I had no one I could talk to or defend me from abuse, no love or support. Despite what I went through, I was able to make it out and break the cycle, but I can’t say the same thing will happen to her.
    2. My niece is my M&P to stay alive despite the ridicule I go through everyday.
  4. Setting up your kids for success
    1. If you have kids, please do your best to raise them.
    2. Never underestimate how a shitty upbringing can affect their mental state.

Lab Test I took

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Attachments

• SpectraCell_Results.pdf
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
  • Cyrex_Array_2.pdf
    713.7 KB · Views: 2

FluidWater

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Jan 30, 2023
Any updates on this?

Wishing you the best!!!

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
I must have missed this thread. It's very detailed and informative. I find it interesting since, I just had my eyes checked three times since September. It is quite fascinating how you can get one opinion and the eye prescription way different, then the one I just got. 3 different eye doctors and all 3 contradictions. I guess I have 2 pairs of glasses, so I should be able to see.

I hope the poster eventually got things straightened out. The post is 2018. It's quite old. I am not sure if they are on here anymore.

A

Anon3x156

From the quick research I did, this condition is a genetic condition which isn't curable.

I don't know how many people there are with this condition but it could be very profitable if someone made a solution for this. It doesn't have to cure the disease.
I hope you get better brother.

OutofPoverty

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
308%
Jul 4, 2018
I hope the poster eventually got things straightened out. The post is 2018. It's quite old. I am not sure if they are on here anymore.
I’m still here. I made the post last year in March 2022 and I was a member since 2018.

OutofPoverty

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
308%
Jul 4, 2018
Any updates on this?

Wishing you the best!!!
I still have the TMAU condition despite the diet change but my other issues have gotten better. My diet is the key factor. If I spent a week eating junk food, then my issues will come back.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Junk food is just fatty gross sludge waiting to create havoc.

TeeJay_

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 4, 2023
Do you drink lots of coffee? I know it has an impact on my digestion and odors, especially my urine and sweat (especially on those days where I used to drink +8 or 10 espressos).

OutofPoverty

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
308%
Jul 4, 2018
Do you drink lots of coffee? I know it has an impact on my digestion and odors, especially my urine and sweat (especially on those days where I used to drink +8 or 10 espressos).
No. My issues were junk food, drinking tap water, stress, and trauma based on what my ND told me. The TMAU started in late October 2018 (around the time I was unemployed) but was consistent in January 2019

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Apr 24, 2016
No. My issues were junk food, drinking tap water, stress, and trauma based on what my ND told me. The TMAU started in late October 2018 (around the time I was unemployed) but was consistent in January 2019

So where is this fishy smell coming from? Your sweat?

I'd lather myself in baby powder and deodorant and then spray my body & clothes 20-30 times with perfume. Shower 5 times a day if I have to.

I'd rather get complaints I'm poisoning people with the amount of perfume I have on than be told I smell like fish. Overwhelm their olfactory senses to the point they can't smell shit if it was under their nose.

Spenny

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom
Bless you man, I've smelt triethylamine in the past from chemical exposure & I can imagine it's not easy having trimethylaminuria. I wish you luck.

Choate

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
242%
Mar 25, 2014
Boston
Since you mentioned this weird smell, stress, adrenal fatigue, and a sedentary lifestyle, by chance do you play a lot of video games?

REV5028

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Oct 29, 2022
New Mexico
I cannot let this condition take over my life or use it as an excuse to why I do not like my life. The only thing in my control is to eat healthy, avoid trigger foods (eggs, beans, liver), and exercise regularly. This was the result of an abusive and stressful upbringing with poor eating habits (takeout, snacking, junk food) but I have the power to change it.
Love to see this kind of mindset, resiliency, and action-taking! Really glad to see that you've identified big triggers and are doing all that you can to overcome your condition. I'm sure your niece looks up to you. Thanks for sharing your story; I'm sure you've brought awareness to others (me included, I had never heard of such a condition) and I'm always inspired by those who allow themselves to be vulnerable enough to share things like this.

OutofPoverty

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
308%
Jul 4, 2018
So where is this fishy smell coming from? Your sweat?

I'd lather myself in baby powder and deodorant and then spray my body & clothes 20-30 times with perfume. Shower 5 times a day if I have to.

I'd rather get complaints I'm poisoning people with the amount of perfume I have on than be told I smell like fish. Overwhelm their olfactory senses to the point they can't smell shit if it was under their nose.
I tried that and unfortunately that didn’t work. The smell is coming from my insides because I have weak FM03 gene and a gut dysbiosis (more bad bacteria than good bacteria). Also, it comes out of my pores instead of it being processed in my body. Meaning the TMA (Trimethylamine) is being released from my pores.

My ND recommends that I eat healthy to fix the gut dysbiosis to get rid of the odor. This would probably take two-three years.

OutofPoverty

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
308%
Jul 4, 2018
Since you mentioned this weird smell, stress, adrenal fatigue, and a sedentary lifestyle, by chance do you play a lot of video games?
I did. I would spend hours playing the Call of Duty on the Xbox 360. I stopped around January 2019 when I got my warehouse job because i didn’t have time to play them anymore.

TeeJay_

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 4, 2023
I tried that and unfortunately that didn’t work. The smell is coming from my insides because I have weak FM03 gene and a gut dysbiosis (more bad bacteria than good bacteria). Also, it comes out of my pores instead of it being processed in my body. Meaning the TMA (Trimethylamine) is being released from my pores.

My ND recommends that I eat healthy to fix the gut dysbiosis to get rid of the odor. This would probably take two-three years.

For good gut bacteria, try Greek or Icelandic yogurt (called "skyr"), plain flavour but you can add honey yourself.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.