The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What’s your 1/5/10 Year Planasy?

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

ErrandRunnerUSA

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Aug 16, 2012
Los Alamitos
Disclaimer: The following post is not intended as a request for critique, a cry for help or an invitation for any type of advice. The intention of sharing my 1/5/10 Planasy is to give a model so others can see my example, and with the goal of seeing other’s planasies. There aren't any threads covering this topic in the way I’m trying to do. I felt it would be useful to the community if something like this existed here.
----------------------------------------

My Escape Number: $21,777,776

My One Year Goals (02/10/2023):
  • Constantly exercising almost 1 hour every day and eating 80% healthy majority of the time (similar to the theories of How Not to Die and LifeSpan books)
  • Complete 1 fictional book and publish it
  • PZ (petting zoo) outline completed and animation outline completed
  • Read 24 books
  • Build a crypto mining machine (if possible)
  • Watch most of Jared Wesley’s Youtube videos and trade roughly 1 hour every day

My Five Year Goals (02/10/2027):
  • Exercising almost 1 hour every day and eating 80% healthy majority of the time
  • Read 100 books
  • Have BN website completed with 3 published books and working on animation
  • PZ story completed
  • Nano–crypto machine, MOC.C, assist Joe creating crypto coin
  • Practice trading 1 hour almost every day

My Ten Year Dream Life (02/10/2032):
  • Healthy, have abs (or a flat stomach)
  • 200 books read
  • 1st phase startup PZ
  • Be good enough to assist Joe with Nano
  • Passive income and can travel if I want to
  • Can trade 80% positive in a month in 1/hr per day increments

I will return in February 2023 to document what I have accomplished in one year. Some of my 5 year goals can be accomplished in 2 years after following February’s monthly Planasy. I didn’t realize that till I started following my first month Planasy.

Everything on my list focuses on 2 businesses: petting zoo and nano.
Let’s see what we can accomplish with our time.

What about you? What is your 1/5/10 Year Planasy?
I’d love to see your’s!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ErrandRunnerUSA

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Aug 16, 2012
Los Alamitos
Disclaimer: The following post is not intended as a request for critique, a cry for help or an invitation for any type of advice. The intention of sharing my 1/5/10 Planasy is to give a model so others can see my example, and with the goal of seeing other’s planasies. There aren't any threads covering this topic in the way I’m trying to do. I felt it would be useful to the community if something like this existed here.
----------------------------------------

My Escape Number: $21,777,776

My One Year Goals (02/10/2023):
  • Constantly exercising almost 1 hour every day and eating 80% healthy majority of the time (similar to the theories of How Not to Die and LifeSpan books)
  • Complete 1 fictional book and publish it
  • PZ (petting zoo) outline completed and animation outline completed
  • Read 24 books
  • Build a crypto mining machine (if possible)
  • Watch most of Jared Wesley’s Youtube videos and trade roughly 1 hour every day

My Five Year Goals (02/10/2027):
  • Exercising almost 1 hour every day and eating 80% healthy majority of the time
  • Read 100 books
  • Have BN website completed with 3 published books and working on animation
  • PZ story completed
  • Nano–crypto machine, MOC.C, assist Joe creating crypto coin
  • Practice trading 1 hour almost every day

My Ten Year Dream Life (02/10/2032):
  • Healthy, have abs (or a flat stomach)
  • 200 books read
  • 1st phase startup PZ
  • Be good enough to assist Joe with Nano
  • Passive income and can travel if I want to
  • Can trade 80% positive in a month in 1/hr per day increments

I will return in February 2023 to document what I have accomplished in one year. Some of my 5 year goals can be accomplished in 2 years after following February’s monthly Planasy. I didn’t realize that till I started following my first month Planasy.

Everything on my list focuses on 2 businesses: petting zoo and nano.
Let’s see what we can accomplish with our time.

What about you? What is your 1/5/10 Year Planasy?
I’d love to see your’s!
Here is my update for the year. Unfortunately, the first year didn't go according to plan. I am still working on writing the novel; however, on the positive side--the novel should be fully written by June or July 2023. More positive news, it's not animation; however it is a step in the right direction--CH 1 of the novel along with a trailer should be completed by September 2023 and posted on YouTube. MJ's Goal Sumo is a life changer for me; I have been lost until I signed up and started using it. My year has been broken down into months, then weeks, and lastly days. This was the missing ingredient I needed to really get a push forward in the right direction. I am no longer lost and have a clear path set in front of me.

The bad news--I'm working graveyard shifts full time at Walmart. My time is extremely limited. I calculated I have 4 hours of free time the days I work--that doesn't include eating, taking showers, or doing chores. I'm able to write a few more pages of the novel on my 2 days off. In reality, I can only chose 1 thing to focus on so I have chosen to spend 1 hour every day writing the novel--when I can. I'm hoping my time will be free again January 2024. The good news about Walmart--we are allowed to wear 1 Airpod in our ears while stocking. I have been able to listen to audio books; I like to take notes when reading books so I cannot cross out that I've read my quota for books in 2022. I read MJ's Unscripted - The Great Rat-Race Escape and What Rich People Know and Desperately Want to Keep Secret. My favorite audio books I found on YouTube are: The Power of Your Subconscious Mind by Joseph Murphy, Rich Dad's Guide to Investing by Robert Kiyosaki, and The One Thing by Gary W. Keller. I've listened to other audiobooks on YouTube, but these are the ones which have drastically changed my perspective and behavior.

All my attention is focused on writing the novel--nothing else. I'll update this post next year 02/10/2024 to see how things work out.

Feel free to share your Planasy here if you like! Its always nice to know I'm not the only person on this Planasy journey. No pressure though.

srodrigo

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Sep 11, 2018
Hey, great job finding out your number and coming up with an outline.

I think you still need the 6 months, 1 month, and first 1-3 weeks (if my memory doesn't betray me), otherwise the 1 year milestone will be more difficult to reach. I believe your second post highlights this.

I'm also surprised that you never talked about your novel on the first post. It feels like either you didn't know what you wanted to do at that point, or somehow it didn't get enough attention. Also, looks like there's a ton of reading (24 books in a year is a lot), specially given you are short on time. Reading is really important, but it's easy to turn it into action-faking.

Watch most of Jared Wesley’s Youtube videos and trade roughly 1 hour every day
I'm still trying to decide whether he's a guru or not. Some of his videos look definitely informational and useful, but somehow I still get a "guru" vibe from him. Also, he's focused on day trading, which I'm not interested in (swing trading suits me best).

Good that you know about How Not to Die . This book doesn't get enough attention, not so much for the philosophy, but because 2/3 of the book is links to research studies. One might agree or disagree with his views, but I've never seen before a book that's so well documented. I learnt a ton on nutrition, despite not agreeing 100% with his diet suggestions.

Anyway, best of luck with your novel :) Hope to see great progress in 1 year.

ErrandRunnerUSA

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Aug 16, 2012
Los Alamitos
Hey, great job finding out your number and coming up with an outline.

I think you still need the 6 months, 1 month, and first 1-3 weeks (if my memory doesn't betray me), otherwise the 1 year milestone will be more difficult to reach. I believe your second post highlights this.

I'm also surprised that you never talked about your novel on the first post. It feels like either you didn't know what you wanted to do at that point, or somehow it didn't get enough attention. Also, looks like there's a ton of reading (24 books in a year is a lot), specially given you are short on time. Reading is really important, but it's easy to turn it into action-faking.

I'm still trying to decide whether he's a guru or not. Some of his videos look definitely informational and useful, but somehow I still get a "guru" vibe from him. Also, he's focused on day trading, which I'm not interested in (swing trading suits me best).

Good that you know about How Not to Die . This book doesn't get enough attention, not so much for the philosophy, but because 2/3 of the book is links to research studies. One might agree or disagree with his views, but I've never seen before a book that's so well documented. I learnt a ton on nutrition, despite not agreeing 100% with his diet suggestions.

Anyway, best of luck with your novel :) Hope to see great progress in 1 year.
Thank you for taking the time reading my thread. I listed the novel as: Complete 1 fictional book and publish it on year 1. I think I had too many things listed; I got overwhelmed with everything. That's why I picked 1 thing only to work on.

I haven't had time to look into Jared Wesley, but I have heard something similar where he may not be the best person to learn from. I will probably shift away from him when I have time to focus on trading in the future. But again, my focus is on the novel.

You are the only other person I know of who is familiar with How Not to Die. No one else has heard of the book nor read it. I'm plan to read Lifespan by David A Sinclair; I think parts of his studies might align with the How Not to Die book. Again, I'm not sure due to the lack of time and my current priorities.

Good point, I haven't broken down the goals into days, weeks, and months. On Goal Sumo my 6-24 month goals are: complete/publish the novel and have 5 chapters of the visual graphic novel completed on YouTube. (I think all 5 chapters for YouTube will be completed by December 2023 or January 2024. My partner and I will wait to see how the market responds to the 5 chapters; we will go from there depending on how the market responds.)

1-6 months goals: Have all chapters of the novel written, have chapter 1 of the visual graphic novel done by the end of June 2023 on YouTube, and have the trailer completed for YouTube as well.

1-3 week goals: Complete Ch 15 and continue documenting how long it takes to write a chapter.

Daily Sumo goal: spend 1 hour writing story, and write down how long I wrote that day.

Worse case scenario goal: the novel is a complete flop, then I will write a 2nd book without putting much funding into it. If the 2nd book flops then I will write a self-help book as a 3rd book (again, putting hardly any funding into it). I will go back to the "drawing board" if all three books fail. "Prepare for the worst and hope for the best."

Srodrigo, if you don't mind me asking, do you have a Planasy? No worries if you don't want to share though. Also, did you watch Season 2 of Demon Slayer? If so what did you think?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

srodrigo

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Sep 11, 2018
I listed the novel as: Complete 1 fictional book and publish it on year 1
Sorry, my bad, I misread!

Worse case scenario goal: the novel is a complete flop, then I will write a 2nd book without putting much funding into it. If the 2nd book flops then I will write a self-help book as a 3rd book (again, putting hardly any funding into it). I will go back to the "drawing board" if all three books fail. "Prepare for the worst and hope for the best."
Yeah, you'd gain experience along the way too, which would be valuable. But focus on making plan A work and don't worry about the rest.

Srodrigo, if you don't mind me asking, do you have a Planasy? No worries if you don't want to share though. Also, did you watch Season 2 of Demon Slayer? If so what did you think?
I kind of have a Planasy (need to check with my partner, as it's an us thing). We came up with a rough number, but we didn't go in detail about the whole thing.

I watched season 2 indeed, really great as usual. I've read the whole manga as well. All I can say is the anime is superb and reflects the spirit of the manga, which is a good thing.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.