The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What would you ask a mentor?

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
518%
May 29, 2013
Let's say right now, you doing ok as a marketer or entrepreneur.

But you had the opportunity to ask someone higher up than you a bunch of questions you wish you had the answers to.

What would you ask them?

• It could be questions about how to grow your agency or landing clients.
  • It could be things like where would they start today if they had $0 money.
  • If you only had 30 minutes a day to work on paid ads, where would you focus that 30 minutes?
  • etc

Looking for marketing/business questions you would want answers to if you could ask someone above you for the answers.

I'm doing this for research for a podcast I'm going to host.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Itizn

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Sep 25, 2019
Colombia
How do you meet influential people? Apart from trade shows or networking events.

Are there any interesting places powerful people can be found?

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Assuming this:
you doing ok as a marketer or entrepreneur.

I would ask: how do you cultivate a sense of urgency/growth/ambitious mind when you're okay and don't necessarily NEED to do more. Or in other words, how do you avoid getting too complacent and lazy?

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Say you’ve advanced digital marketing skills and are also good at teaching digital marketing.

How would you decide between:
  1. Doing.
  2. Doing and teaching.

Is it possible to “do” to the same level if you’re also teaching?

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
518%
May 29, 2013
bumping

Mac

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Feb 10, 2015
1. At what point would you raise Series A for your biz? (Or... in what cases would you NOT raise capital?)

2. How to choose the right incentives for your Executive Team (show me the incentive, I'll show you the outcome)

3. Setting 3-year to 10-year plans, quarter-by-quarter basis, contingencies, what roles are most important on exec team to build first [I guess this is industry-specific. For SaaS, undoubtedly the CTO would be and for ecommerce, perhaps the manager of logistics or CMO would be], capital allocation for major innovative products that will expand market-share and increase revenue exposure (R&D % allocation of overall cash-flow).

4. What kinds of decisions have longest half-life for their business

5. Hiring process, reporting process, risk management (if Mr. Market deals a foul blow, at what point do you cut and pivot?)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

OleksiyRybakov

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Aug 25, 2021
Germany

But you had the opportunity to ask someone higher up than you a bunch of questions you wish you had the answers to.

What would you ask them?

• If you only had 30 minutes a day to work on paid ads, where would you focus that 30 minutes?
  • etc

Looking for marketing/business questions you would want answers to if you could ask someone above you for the answers.

I would ask them if they could collaborate with me on a certain project where there might be some need for them. If they are willing, chances are high that I will see their real way to work and I could also distinguish between what they are saying and what they are doing. If they are not willing to collaborate with me, why should I trust them anyway that their answers will be honest?

Last edited:

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.

What would you ask them?

• etc

7 years ago I had this chance. I just asked the person what kind of books he read. He showed me all of them.
I asked him about all his business.
I asked him about how he became successful. (His story).
I asked him about his mentors and he told me.
I asked him about everything I could ask him for a few months while I had the chance.

Not your everyday experience.

I was just reading about another person I met at the same time. I was just reading his work and video's online because he passed away. He wrote a book on Wine and went to France. He asked everyone around there of all the generations about how they made the best wine.

If you happen to have the chance like I did many times you just take the opportunity to learn what they have to say. It wasn't that hard for me to find out information from many sources.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska

What would you ask them?

• etc

Asking those questions was the best part of being a commercial appraiser. I got to interview business owners and investors all day, every day. I always asked several times as many questions as I needed to write my reports. I was fascinated.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.