The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What sort of an internet business would you do if you had $50,000 to start with?

LittleWolfie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jun 28, 2018
Holbeach Hurn
If you have a foolproof way to grow 50 grand very quickly then all anyone would have to do is call up someone with 50 grand and make a equity deal or take out a loan.

@ZCP

I have one. Do you have 50k? What is your phone number?

Beacuse those with capital just give out money to any random person,with a "foolproof" idea that calls them up

They want you to have "skin in the game"(invest your own capital) be a "line rather than a dot", "invest in people" how long have they known you? For how long? What experience do they have. You also need to prove or convince them you can.

At the point you have the abilty to do that you may as well sell to customers or crowdfund.

Note that a lots of things can be purchased monthly and 50k a year isn't a massively high paying job, sure it is above low paying.

The local bank manager would quite happily advance me the money,based on sufficient income.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

NursingTn

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 30, 2019
50 grand?

Forget internet businesses.

I'll talk to TFL members, e.g. Johnny, ZCP, Andy, Vigilante, Biophase, etc.

See what kind of problems they want to solve, and invest in them. Get a portion of stock/equity in their businesses in exchange for funding them.

They are far more likely to be a better return on my investment than any shitty online business I can come up with because they are consistent in execution.

Real Deal Denver

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
245%
Jan 13, 2018
Denver, Colorado
Based on my own wretched experience with support lines for products - that don't know squat... I'd provide email and phone support for manufacturers. This is one line of work that is done so poorly that they should burn it to the ground and start over.

I call for support, and the conversation typically goes something like this; is your computer/phone/toaster oven turned on? Have you tested the outlet with something so you know the outlet is good? Did you press the on/off button to turn it on? If we get to the actual problem area on a PC, for example, it then goes - you have to clear all your cookies and data cache from your browser. Oh, that didn't help? Sorry. Yeah - sorry - now all my shortcuts and remembered logins are erased. Or worse yet, we will have to reformat your hard drive. Huh? Not once - not even ONCE - have these morons been correct. I'm talking two decades of support that is worthless. Now, it's gotten even worse. Not only is the support worthless, but some overseas orangutan that can't speak English is on the phone. Shoot these losers.

The only thing that makes me madder than the incompetence these baboons show is the fact that they're getting PAID for what they pass off as support.

That would be one massive business that could easily be taken over if you could do it right. I have NO doubt eighth-graders could handle support with a proper script and flow chart to guide them. This is super easy money.

I have a couple of dozen ideas like this. Nothing that takes a genius to figure out. Just look around and see how bad things are being done. You don't have to look far.

I'd do this myself but I have a rocket that is being prepared to launch. Just open your mind. I come up with about 5-6 ideas a month that I stumble across - I'm not even looking for them - they kind of jump in front of me and piss me off. Sad state of affairs most business is in. An example that I just encountered is this - try - just try - to buy a car battery online. If you don't believe this is difficult - go to Sears.com. Sears USED TO BE the number one car battery seller. Now I can't even identify what battery I need. Idiots. I have AAA auto service. They have trucks that come to your aid - and some of them carry batteries that they will sell to you and they will install it on the spot. My wife just bought one. I bought one a few years ago. If they would have had a battery when they came to jump start my car Saturday night, I would have bought one right there too - but they didn't send their "battery truck." So, no sale. There's another great idea for a greatly underserved market.

LittleWolfie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jun 28, 2018
Holbeach Hurn
I call for support, and the conversation typically goes something like this; is your computer/phone/toaster oven turned on? Have you tested the outlet with something so you know the outlet is good? Did you press the on/off button to turn it on? If we get to the actual problem area on a PC, for example, it then goes - you have to clear all your cookies and data cache from your browser. Oh, that didn't help? Sorry. Yeah - sorry - now all my shortcuts and remembered logins are erased. Or worse yet, we will have to reformat your hard drive.

Rule 1 backup first.

I'd do this myself

I did some inital research on this, a lot of the time the customers who complained the most were unwilling to buy premium support or the extended warranty. So why would they pay anyone else to do it?

. An example that I just encountered is this - try - just try - to buy a car battery online.

Takes all of 2 minutes to find 2 suppliers that will deliver. Do you have some issue with using Amazon?

I can't even identify what battery I need.

What kind of vehicle do you have?

Real Deal Denver

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
245%
Jan 13, 2018
Denver, Colorado
I did some inital research on this, a lot of the time the customers who complained the most were unwilling to buy premium support or the extended warranty. So why would they pay anyone else to do it?

Customer support. That's what I'm talking about. Pick a dozen products on Amazon and read the reviews. Over half of them will have something important to say about customer support. Maybe a part was missing. Maybe a part was broken. Maybe the product didn't work at all - which happened to me recently in setting up a Bluetooth transmitter to headphones - a setting in my TV audio out had to be changed. On and on it goes. There is a big difference between ongoing support for software and having a number to call because the product was not usable, for whatever reason, when it was first used.

Takes all of 2 minutes to find 2 suppliers that will deliver. Do you have some issue with using Amazon?

Yes, I do. I am talking about a car battery. Have you ever changed a car battery? I don't want one delivered - I want to buy it and have it installed, and have the old one disposed of. That's the way the car battery business works. Same for oil changes. They do the work and dispose of the old oil and the old filter for you. Batteries and oil changes are a messy and time-consuming task.

And besides all of that, I wanted a Sears DieHard battery because they are known to be better than average. I expect a usable website that will allow me to search for specific information from a massive company like Sears. They fail on all accounts as far as the battery business goes. Other companies that supply car parts have very efficient websites that take you from research to buy, with no trouble in between.

What kind of vehicle do you have?

Who cares? Make one up. My point is that the Sears website to find a battery - among the dozens of types and sizes available - does not function. At all.

You should think things through before you offer suggestions. You sound like one of my sons. Everything is so easy - there is an app for that - do you know how to use Amazon? Yes, it's all so simple... LOL

Now you might know why the oil change and battery places are in business... same for tires, brakes, mufflers, and shocks...

Last edited:

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
They are far more likely to be a better return on my investment than any shitty online business I can come up with because they are consistent in execution.
How can you become consistent in execution?

PetePreneur

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jan 28, 2017
UK
Go into a business model that needs a lot of capital to get started because that acts as a barrier to entry for most people who don’t have access to that kind of money.

Maybe buying houses to improve and sell them on for a higher price?

Last edited:

LittleWolfie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jun 28, 2018
Holbeach Hurn
Customer support. That's what I'm talking about. Pick a dozen products on Amazon and read the reviews. Over half of them will have something important to say about customer support. There is a big difference between ongoing support for software and having a number to call because the product was not usable, for whatever reason, when it was first used.

Sounds more like a QA problem with a bit of customer service,still skimping on that is why they are so cheap. The question becomes how much extra will how many people pay for a better quality product?

COLOR=rgb(184, 49, 47)]Yes, I do. I am talking about a car battery. Have you ever changed a car battery?

Indeed, although I was simply following the instructions of the mechanic whom had hired me for the week. Hell of a lot easier than changing an engine.

I don't want one delivered - I want to buy it and have it installed, and have the old one disposed of. That's the way the car battery business works. Same for oil changes. They do the work and dispose of the old oil and the old filter for you. Batteries and oil changes are a messy and time-consuming task.

Ah right, I thought you wanted to have it installed. The Garage I worked in had customers who would drive to them and have their oil done,battery changed, trye tread checked,etc. Of course I suppose it depends on rhe density of the area you live in.

COLOR=rgb(184, 49, 47)]Who cares?

Make one up. My point is that the Sears website to find a battery - among the dozens of types and sizes available - does not function. At all.

The mechanic. Maybe the small business owner who had been running a garage for 5 years was wrong,however he explained to me that he was unable to do any of his on-call battery replacement any more as the manufacters on board computer system would have a fit if the right chip wasn't present, and this was why he had to stock loads of batteries on site(I had wondered, apparently they were all different types.

So sure I can make one vehicle up, and then find out the kind of battery it needs.

You should think things through before you offer suggestions. You sound like one of my sons. Everything is so easy - there is an app for that - do you know how to use Amazon? Yes, it's all so simple... LOL

Actually I said do you have an issue with Amazon? I was doing research, asking you questions about the problem and doing as you suggested "Try finding a battery online"

Now you might know why the oil change and battery places are in business... same for tires, brakes, mufflers, and shocks...[/COLOR]

Yes and for some reason your unwilling to go to them despite being interested in having your battery changed.....[/QUOTE]

Worldisyours

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Oct 20, 2013
The Online game has changed since 2007 or even 2015, even forums like this one for example doesn't cut it anymore. Everyone is doing an eBook or a coaching gig.

I would say SAS platforms are the way to go, as well as Funnel sites with a good end product. Or anything relating to tech software technology.

As for people recommending support services. Please stay away from that. Unless you want to deal with complaints and over entitled people daily.

Follow the new generation and what they spend on.

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
Sponges. I'm bullish on sponges.

Kaks sponge emporium.
I would start a Tinder but for pets.... you see a bunch of dogs and pick the ones you like

and then the dogs see pictures of the owners and whichever gets a tail-wag is a match

you'd just have to develop an AI-based tail-wagging detection technology

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
@ZCP

I have one. Do you have 50k? What is your phone number?

Beacuse those with capital just give out money to any random person,with a "foolproof" idea that calls them up

They want you to have "skin in the game"(invest your own capital) be a "line rather than a dot", "invest in people" how long have they known you? For how long? What experience do they have. You also need to prove or convince them you can.

At the point you have the abilty to do that you may as well sell to customers or crowdfund.

Note that a lots of things can be purchased monthly and 50k a year isn't a massively high paying job, sure it is above low paying.

The local bank manager would quite happily advance me the money,based on sufficient income.
@Johnny boy is a proven commodity. You haven't done shit.
Which would you invest in?
Well I should have asked Johnny since it seems it was his quote.

Still shows you need to have a) done something worth "shit" and have a foolproof idea.

Personally, I would go with the latter.
Not trying to be a dick but @LittleWolfie , have you ever been tested for mental retardation?

LittleWolfie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jun 28, 2018
Holbeach Hurn
Not trying to be a dick but @LittleWolfie , have you ever been tested for mental retardation?

Actually yes, I was tested and determined as gifted, albeit with low empathy , inabilty to effectively detect and employ sarcasm, difficulty understanding emotions and figurative turns of phase. That is basically idiot savant, so medically speaking your actually along the right lines of diagnoses.

Pretty good for a (presumably) non MD whom has nevet met me. Have you considered a fastlane to appeal to those with difficulties learning social graces?

The thing is if **all** it takes is a foolproof plan, and a phone number then you should invest in any eejit that calls you with one. Perhaps it will prove you are a fool.

On the other hand if you, want them to avoid being a dick,have a modicum of social graces,be "smart", done somthing before then that money+ phone call isn't all it takes.

Did they literally mean all?

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
Actually yes, I was tested and determined as gifted, albeit with low empathy , inabilty to effectively detect and employ sarcasm, difficulty understanding emotions and figurative turns of phase. That is basically idiot savant, so medically speaking your actually along the right lines of diagnoses.

Pretty good for a (presumably) non MD whom has nevet met me. Have you considered a fastlane to appeal to those with difficulties learning social graces?

The thing is if **all** it takes is a foolproof plan, and a phone number then you should invest in any eejit that calls you with one. Perhaps it will prove you are a fool.

On the other hand if you, want them to avoid being a dick,have a modicum of social graces,be "smart", done somthing before then that money+ phone call isn't all it takes.

Did they literally mean all?

Okay now I feel bad lol.. low empathy makes sense, I'm guessing somewhere on the spectrum?

Just for future reference it's generally not appropriate to ask a stranger on the internet for a $50,000 loan unless you have a proven track record.

Just a few articles I found:

I would talk to a therapist since they're trained in that type of stuff.

LittleWolfie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jun 28, 2018
Holbeach Hurn
Okay now I feel bad lol.. low empathy makes sense, I'm guessing somewhere on the spectrum?
No worries I am on a spectrum,just probably a different one to what you were thinking.

Just for future reference it's generally not appropriate to ask a stranger on the internet for a $50,000 loan unless you have a proven track record.

No worries, I did know that I was trying to use sarcasm as an analogy (probably a bad idea) to discuss it but well I take "all it takes is a foolproof idea and a phone number of someone with 40k" literally which means if it is inappropriate and/or you need to have a proven record then that means that actually you need more than what was claimed to be "all you need".

Just a few articles I found:

would talk to a therapist since they're trained in that type of stuff.

Bear in mind I'm not actually autistic,that was screened out there are a number of similar neurodevelopmental disorders each with their own appropriate medical staff. Although I do have some similar symptoms.

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
No worries I am on a spectrum,just probably a different one to what you were thinking.

No worries, I did know that I was trying to use sarcasm as an analogy (probably a bad idea) to discuss it but well I take "all it takes is a foolproof idea and a phone number of someone with 40k" literally which means if it is inappropriate and/or you need to have a proven record then that means that actually you need more than what was claimed to be "all you need".

Bear in mind I'm not actually autistic,that was screened out there are a number of similar neurodevelopmental disorders each with their own appropriate medical staff. Although I do have some similar symptoms.
I meant autism spectrum, even if not actual autism. Generally problems with empathy are either on the spectrum, or psychopathy. Since you don't strike me as a psychopath, I'm guessing somewhere on the spectrum, even if it's not actual full-blown Autism. Either way, I was just linking those articles becasue they could provide hints toward developing social awareness.

But those 'problems' can actually be an asset for certain types of businesses or professions.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.