The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

What sort of an internet business would you do if you had $50,000 to start with?

Become a Fastlane INSIDER to view the forum ad free.

Kak

Capitalist Swine
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jan 23, 2011
Sponges. I'm bullish on sponges.

Kaks sponge emporium.

Bearcorp

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
Jul 2, 2012
Australia
Bearcorp Bushranger Soap. A bit rough to use in conjunction with @Kak sponges though.

I'd also branch off into beard oil, wasn't around in the 1800's and they still grew magnificent beards so imagine Ned Kelly (my avatar) with some beard oil.

Kak

Capitalist Swine
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jan 23, 2011
I'd also branch off into beard oil, wasn't around in the 1800's and they still grew magnificent beards so imagine Ned Kelly (my avatar) with some beard oil
Imagining that guy with beard oil automatically makes it a viable venture.

Kak

Capitalist Swine
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jan 23, 2011

B. Cole

In thine hand is power and might.
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Mar 5, 2017
East Coast
I’m carving a new niche.

BearKak Cole’s extra crunchy beard syrup.

Made with non-gmo pine sap and food grade honeybees.

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
Oct 20, 2012

:hilarious: so many trolls, that seems to be the real trend.

Hmm, I'd probably start an e-commerce website selling one product, build a real brand around it, hire influencers to launch the brand, then hire an agency to run ads for me.

MTF

Never give up
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
May 1, 2011
@dutt, the reason why nobody offered any useful feedback was because your question is very common here on the forum. In addition to that, it's too vague to give you any valuable pointers. Also, due to a lot of people on this forum daydreaming, we don't even know whether you have the aforementioned 50k or not - if not, your question is purely hypothetical, which isn't very useful neither for you nor for the forum members.

Give us more details and you'll get better answers. Offer information such as:
  • Do you even have the 50k?
  • What's your job situation now? Employed, running some kind of a business, jobless?
  • What are your living costs and do you have a safety margin in case you spend 50k and fail to turn a profit?
  • What's your job experience? Do you have any marketable skills?
  • What are your preferences when it comes to the type of a business you'd like to run?
  • Would you like to run an offline or an online business? Product or service? Requiring employees or something that can be automated?
  • What do you think is your biggest strength that you could employ to make your business stand out among the competition?

Mr. Roboto

New Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Mar 13, 2019
I'd use it to buy myself years worth of freedom in order to work on my business full-time.

VIDAA

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Dec 6, 2018
Toronto
I made my first million back in 2004 (Affiliate Marketing and SEO) and semi-retired for a couple of years after I created some assets. (Had a staff of approx 70 people when I decided to semi-retire). Further, I also made a successful discussion forum (can't share the URL due to confidentiality) and sold it for $2 million back in 2014-15. Then I traveled extensively for 2 years. I was totally off the internet for almost 2 years and pursued some other interests. Now I am having the same old urge to get back into the online business and hence came up with a vague question.

Last edited:

VIDAA

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Dec 6, 2018
Toronto
Design a website called dutt.com then action fake for a few years-pretty easy really, everyone is doing it.
Humility is crucial to real success, many people become successful in wealth but lose their character. Success is not what you get, but who you become as a person. ;)

biophase

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Humility is crucial to real success, many people become successful in wealth but lose their character. Success is not what you get, but who you become as a person. ;)
I made my first million back in 2004 (Affiliate Marketing and SEO) and semi-retired for a couple of years after I created some assets. (Had a staff of approx 70 people when I decided to semi-retire). Further, I also made a successful discussion forum (can't share the URL due to confidentiality) and sold it for $2 million back in 2014-15. Then I traveled extensively for 2 years. I was totally off the internet for almost 2 years and pursued some other interests. Now I am having the same old urge to get back into the online business and hence came up with a vague question.
With your background and funds I’d start a business that helps people somehow.

SquatchMan

Gold Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Dec 27, 2016
Nowhere
You could do some kind of coaching, mentoring, or blog type thing. People would want to hear your opinion with a resume like that (assuming you can back it up).

MHP368

the man, the myth, the Pseudo-Apollodorus
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Aug 17, 2016
Sahuarita AZ
I’m carving a new niche.

BearKak Cole’s extra crunchy beard syrup.

Made with non-gmo pine sap and food grade honeybees.
The honeybees are natural spf protection and the protein helps with growth. Genius

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Some sort of functionality based tool (aka. need product rather than want product) which requires custom molds. Probably budget $42K on the product manufacturing after running some validation tests, $500 for WP website, remaining $7.5K for marketing/ads/content creation.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom