The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What percentage of the fastlane forum users do you think are successful?

RandomDS

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Mar 5, 2023
Ive read threads today from successful fastlaners and questioning ones, what percentage do you think the forums userbase has been succesful in detaching themselves from the ratrace, and what percentage are "rich" lets say has made more than a million

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
555%
Apr 17, 2022
42%

DCG

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Nov 15, 2022

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ

BizyDad

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Ive read threads today from successful fastlaners and questioning ones, what percentage do you think the forums userbase has been succesful in detaching themselves from the ratrace, and what percentage are "rich" lets say has made more than a million
You have to factor out employment income saving and personal investment. A lot people can hit one million figure, especially if you included in the net asset value of the house they live in.

For any single project venture/business/hustle that gives you an outsized return, I am just going to pull one value from the sky and put it at 2 percent.

So for any forum I guess there will be half of them who does nothing, one quarter who tries 1-2 project and stops, and one quarter who pushes more than 4/5 in their lifetime.

Average out the average forum member just finishes 1.5 business/projects in their lifetime. That would give the “average success rate” around 3 percent. This is also in line how the outside world looks at business which paints the winning rate as a doom and gloom thing.

For each qualitative success there is vast quantitative difference in the financial outcome. This could be a small success such as selling an app for $50k or a super big win like selling the company for $34M dollar.

So if you execute fast, can test try multiple mvps in a row in a years, developed skills, network and capital along the way, over a ten years period the probability of hitting a big win could be as high as 40-50 percent.

Choose ideas wisely, execute quickly, manage financial risk prudently. The stats are not that bad after all.

Last edited:

Jeix

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Oct 1, 2018
Milan, Italy
Just like IRL, the answer is probably less than 1%.

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
333%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
If >$1M cash in the bank were the definition of success, then I’d put forth an educated guess that less than 0.5% of the forum are successful. From 60,000 members, that is around 300 people, which isn’t little for sure.

I’ve sold products through the fastlane forum for a long time. Based on the data I’ve collected, 80% of the users here don’t own a business and currently have a job or are close to broke.

Another 15% earn money for themselves in some capacity, but not much more than having a job. 5% are moderately successful — they have a business or freelance which brings them $100K+ in income. Several active, prolific posters fit in this category. And less than 1% make $300K+ in income.

That’s for general users. Now if we’re talking about active, prolific posters, they lean towards more successful rather than less.

HOWEVER — Fastlane is a mindset first and foremost. Many users are at some point of their fastlane journey, even if they’re not successful yet. They’re on their way.

RandomDS

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Mar 5, 2023
If >$1M cash in the bank were the definition of success, then I’d put forth an educated guess that less than 0.5% of the forum are successful. From 60,000 members, that is around 300 people, which isn’t little for sure.

I’ve sold products through the fastlane forum for a long time. Based on the data I’ve collected, 80% of the users here don’t own a business and currently have a job or are close to broke.

Another 15% earn money for themselves in some capacity, but not much more than having a job. 5% are moderately successful — they have a business or freelance which brings them $100K+ in income. Several active, prolific posters fit in this category. And less than 1% make $300K+ in income.

That’s for general users. Now if we’re talking about active, prolific posters, they lean towards more successful rather than less.

HOWEVER — Fastlane is a mindset first and foremost. Many users are at some point of their fastlane journey, even if they’re not successful yet. They’re on their way.
That wrapped it up i think most diversily to everything i asked for, and was the most encouraging respond, thanks

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
My guess would 0.5% based on the number of users on here.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
461%
Mar 15, 2018

1%.

Like the rest of the world.

But you have 10x the people who actually have a shot at becoming successful.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Hard to say how many here are 'successful', because everyone has a different meaning and purpose.

In UNSCRIPTED , MJ never once enforced a specific goal for everyone to follow, except for the ability to think
for ourselves, make great decisions to free ourselves from the Matrix, and to build our own financial resources.

For some, their goal is to get out of a toxic country...

For some, their goal is to escape food stamps and get their own place to call home...

For some, their goal is to have some extra income sources that isn't tied to one job alone...

For some, their goal is to build a legacy for their kids and society...

These are all great goals. And I think the beauty of it is that once you hit one goal, you can go look
for another to achieve. You have more time and resources ready for that, by then.

Life is too big and beautiful for one success goal alone.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
555%
Apr 17, 2022
1%.

Like the rest of the world.
Maybe that's the case for a community like Reddit.

If we exclude the users that register an account and then log out and never visit the site again:

I would assume that the incidence of "successful" people on the forum (as defined by society), is at least 2-5 times higher than the average population baseline. Possibly even higher.

This is happening for the simple reason that the fastlane community is built around the idea of FREEDOM and VICTORY. We believe that change can and will happen, and we are the ones that will turn it into reality.

Almost all users here are striving for success and they want to change their life for the better. A lot of them will succeed.

If you compare the things that we discuss over here with the complacent victim attitude of the general population, it becomes very clear that we are significantly more likely to build a better life for ourselves and make this world a better place.

Success is not an accidental event. It is a personal choice.
Statistics have no predictive power in this case.

Thanks @MJ DeMarco for creating this wonderful community.

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
333%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
Maybe that's the case for a community like Reddit.

If we exclude the users that register an account and then log out and never visit the site again:

I would assume that the incidence of "successful" people on the forum (as defined by society), is at least 2-5 times higher than the average population baseline. Possibly even higher.

This is happening for the simple reason that the fastlane community is built around the idea of FREEDOM and VICTORY. We believe that change can and will happen, and we are the ones that will turn it into reality.

Almost all users here are striving for success and they want to change their life for the better. A lot of them will succeed.

If you compare the things that we discuss over here with the complacent victim attitude of the general population, it becomes very clear that we are significantly more likely to build a better life for ourselves and make this world a better place.

Success is not an accidental event. It is a personal choice.
Statistics have no predictive power in this case.

Thanks @MJ DeMarco for creating this wonderful community.
100% agreed. Officially around 1% of the world’s population has a net worth of $1M. But, most of those are people whose net worth comes from property or stock they own, it’s not liquid. So if we’re talking about $1M cash, it’s a fraction of that, I’d guess around 0.1%.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
461%
Mar 15, 2018
Everyone who didn’t yet make it, should post in this thread their opinions. that’s how you make it big.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
461%
Mar 15, 2018

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Your question is akin to going on Match.com and saying, "How many members here found their true love?"

The forum has a extinguishing business model where many people who experience success sparsely visit, or just plain LEAVE. This is likely because their problem solving issues have elevated into very specific silos of information related to their field, AND that they are focusing in on scale.

I can give you two examples without thinking longer than 5 seconds, @Valier (1M YT subscribers, documentarian) and @Ravens_Shadow (software company) - while these two individuals might visit the forum periodically -- they won't bother entertaining threads like this, or other "low value" threads. And why should they?

In other words, the forum attracts unsuccessful people looking to succeed, not successful people looking to go from $10M to $50M. One look at the home page tells you all you need to know.

People who are successful and here at the forum, are doing so in hopes of giving back and helping. When they feel that their spirit of giving is SPAT on, they simply leave.

Do you think @Antifragile is going to find pertinent business information relating to his next huge real estate development here? No. He's here to give back, and help those looking to find their way.

A better question might be, "How many people at the forum have the right mindset to succeed and make millions?"

For culture, that answer is 1%. Here, it might be 50%.

Gabbe18

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
May 16, 2020
Sweden
Your question is akin to going on Match.com and saying, "How many members here found their true love?"

The forum has a extinguishing business model where many people who experience success, sparsely visit, or just plain LEAVE. This is likely because their problem solving issues have elevated into very specific silos of information related to their field, AND that they are focusing in on scale.

I can give you two examples without thinking longer than 5 seconds, @Valier (1M YT subscribers, documentarian) and @Ravens_Shadow (software company) - while these two individuals might visit the forum periodically -- they won't bother entertaining threads like this, or other "low value" threads. And why should they?

In other words, the forum attracts unsuccessful people looking to succeed, not successful people looking to go from $10M to $50M. One look at the home page tells you all you need to know.

People who are successful and here at the forum, are doing so in hopes of giving back and helping. When they feel that their spirit of giving is SPAT on, they simply leave.

Do you think @Antifragile is going to find pertinent business information relating to his next huge real estate development here? No. He's here to give back, and help those looking to find their way.

A better question might, "How many people at the forum have the right mindset to succeed and make millions?"

For culture, that answer is 1%. Here, it might be 50%.
I have to say that was an extremely good answer!

Inventor001

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Mar 6, 2020
Assuming it takes ten years to be rich on average. There were 4,224 members in January 2011. and we have around 300 successful people. So the probability of becoming successful is 7.1% from my calculation(take it as a grain of salt). Although they are just numbers, we are not numbers. The choice is in our hands to become successful or not. We don't have limited seats here.

Screenshot (113).png

G

Guest-5ty5s4

One of the major takeaways I got from this thread are the successful people seem to never give up, and they never let their customers down.
It’s important to be a company of integrity too - never tell a lie - and to keep them coming back for more - never say goodbye.

BizyDad

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
It’s important to be a company of integrity too - never tell a lie - and to keep them coming back for more - never say goodbye.

For me, it was cool connecting with people at the last summit.

They're no strangers to biz. They know MJ's rules, and so do I.

I feel like I've known those people for so long. Now it's like we all know what's been going on. We know the game and we're gonna play it.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

For me, it was cool connecting with people at the last summit.

They're no strangers to biz. They know MJ's rules, and so do I.

I feel like I've known those people for so long. Now it's like we all know what's been going on. We know the game and we're gonna play it.
In all seriousness, I hope there is another one of those... Preferably in the states, not a faraway getaway.

Amogh

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jan 7, 2022
Never gonna give you up
Never gonna let you down
Never gonna run around and desert you
Never gonna make you cry
Never gonna say goodbye
Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders