The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What do you think about manifestation? - What most successful people commonly believe, in a way

Anything related to matters of the mind

Jacques141

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Apr 10, 2021
Ljubljana, Slovenia
So I came across this interview with Iza Sia Login, who with her husband Samo Login and their founder team created a Unicorn company ($1B value) and sold it, so by that measuring stick, she's wildly successful. The Login couple is from Slovenia, where I'm from, and honestly, that gives me a lot of hope because the legislation situation is not that good for entrepreneurs here. Anyway, they wrote a book (7 Unicorn drive) about their journey if you're interested: 7 Unicorn Drive: How Purpose Brought Us One Billion Dollars in 7 Years

In the interview, she talks about how they found their success and that a big part of it was "manifestation". At first, I was a bit creeped out that one of my heroes believed in this mumbo jumbo, but I was curious what exactly was she talking about. Throughout the interview, she explains that it's not magic or some force of nature, but the intent and belief that you will find a way, or rather that when your desire/intent to make a change for the better and help out is strong, the path to that goal will open up to you and you would essentially drive the "empty Fastlane" as @MJ DeMarco described in his books.

How she described manifestation:
1. find your calling,
2. find a strong desire to improve/change something within that calling, literally be the change you want to see in the world,
3. work (obviously),
4. a path will open up for you,
5. take the path.

Iza also emphasizes that you have to have a goal that you can imagine. When you can't imagine yourself going to the moon, you quite literally can't go to the moon, because you can't even imagine the path to that goal. The other thing she says that's VERY important is that you MUST have a strong intent to get to the desired goal. She talked about how when you want to quit, your initial intent, driven by a desire to help, would pull you out of the rut and help you finish the work you started, so it must be very strong, to begin with.

At first, I wasn't so sure about manifestation (although I still put it into the "fancy words for psychology" bracket), then it clicked and it kind of reminded me of TMF and Unscripted . It got me thinking that many successful people must actually all believe in something similar, be it manifestation, TUNEF, or something else.

My question to this forum is:

Do you believe that some form of manifestation helps/has helped you on your journey. Do you believe in manifestation?

For the guys who passed the magic scoreboard number of $1M, what guided you on your journey?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
When you do steps 1 through 3, 4 will open up to you.

Let me give you an example. Let’s pretend that you wanted to start a dog rescue and it is going to cost you $200,000. If you go around and ask people for $200,000 to start a dog rescue, most of the people will not give it to you.

However if you actually start rescuing dogs, you will meet people that will believe in your work. When you ask for $200,000, and people see that you are actually doing the work, your chances of getting the money will be much higher.

In fact if you are actually out there doing the work, people will come up to you and want to give you $200,000.

So is that manifestation? I wouldn’t call it that. But you can if you want to. Just understand it nothing comes without doing the work first. Nobody is going to just give you money because you tell them you are thinking about doing something.

TheKingOfMadrid

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Dec 14, 2020
I think the problem young people have today is questioning everything and then wondering why they are struggling with self belief.

If you're Gods chosen one or the universe is opening doors based on you manifesting secret keys that all of the historic greats (especially Tesla with his 369) had - then you're going to be more consistent, you're going to have unshakable belief in yourself and your momentum will only increase.

So my answer is it doesn't matter, people spend years looking for these special keys under every rock because deep down they're petrified that if they put in the work it won't be rewarded.

Marigold

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Nov 15, 2018
Glasgow & Malaga
Manifestation is just a fancy word for reticular activating system.
I love that!

I've had some good success with manifestation practices - mainly journalling and acting as if.

There's definitely neuropsychology principles at play and some plain old common sense outcomes to being focused on a goal and believing you can achieve it.

I think if you believe in it and it works for you then fair game. It does tend to fly more with women than men but I'll also add that my husband is better at it than me. I think men just have more confidence and believe they can and deserve shit more than women do *opens can of worms*

I've made vision boards for years and on the back of running some workshops for women went to Uni to study art psychotherapy. I made some important connections and 'a-has' between the two of those.

I believe in God and there's a narrative that manifestation is occulty. I don't necessarily subscribe to that but I can see the argument there.

It's interesting stuff.

Jacques141

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Apr 10, 2021
Ljubljana, Slovenia
I definitely find it interesting now. Especially when you guys kind of validated the concept. Just to make things clear, I never thought of it as anything else than psychology.

Manifestation is just a fancy word for reticular activating system.

This might be the single best description pf manifestation :D

Jacques141

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Apr 10, 2021
Ljubljana, Slovenia
When you do steps 1 through 3, 4 will open up to you.

Let me give you an example. Let’s pretend that you wanted to start a dog rescue and it is going to cost you $200,000. If you go around and ask people for $200,000 to start a dog rescue, most of the people will not give it to you.

However if you actually start rescuing dogs, you will meet people that will believe in your work. When you ask for $200,000, and people see that you are actually doing the work, your chances of getting the money will be much higher.

In fact if you are actually out there doing the work, people will come up to you and want to give you $200,000.

So is that manifestation? I wouldn’t call it that. But you can if you want to. Just understand it nothing comes without doing the work first. Nobody is going to just give you money because you tell them you are thinking about doing something.
Yes! This is exactly how she went about it. She was really clear about it not being magic, as the word "manifestation" would have you believe. It's simply attracting certain people that will share your goal and help you too.

CruxisKnight

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Jan 7, 2021
I think manifestation is a new age brand of goal setting. In terms of a marketer, it's in the self-help niche but you don't just want to put out something people are already familiar with. So you rebrand it into something new like manifestation but it really is good old fashioned goal setting which has worked since the dawn of time.

KushShah9492

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Jan 2, 2021
India
People are always going to be coming up with some shit or the other to explain what they don't understand. If you sell this as RAS(Reticular Activating System), people won't believe you. But when you package it as MANIFESTATION/LAW OF ATTRACTION, people would pay tons of money for that. People believe what they WANT to believe and black hat marketers take advantage of this strategy.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
629%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
When you think about something, you're much more likely to see it in the world and an opportunity will become apparent to you.

And when you talk about things, you will naturally find people who can help you. They aren't going to read your mind, you need to speak to people so either you hear something useful from them, or they hear something from you.

And you need exposure to connect with these people. You need to get out and live life and come across these people and circumstances so you get a chance for something spontaneous to happen.

Strike up conversations with customers of yours, people at a coffee shop, the person you're paired up with when you go golfing, etc.

When you are truly focused and have one thing on your mind, you will see it everywhere and you will naturally find people who are able to help you. This has nothing to do with the "universe".

Marigold

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Nov 15, 2018
Glasgow & Malaga
When you think about something, you're much more likely to see it in the world and an opportunity will become apparent to you.

And when you talk about things, you will naturally find people who can help you. They aren't going to read your mind, you need to speak to people so either you hear something useful from them, or they hear something from you.

And you need exposure to connect with these people. You need to get out and live life and come across these people and circumstances so you get a chance for something spontaneous to happen.

Strike up conversations with customers of yours, people at a coffee shop, the person you're paired up with when you go golfing, etc.

When you are truly focused and have one thing on your mind, you will see it everywhere and you will naturally find people who are able to help you. This has nothing to do with the "universe".
I dunno, man. There's some f*cked up shit that happens.

Carl Jung spoke of synchronicity. And yes, I have a Psychology degree, I know about apophenia. But some stuff you read about and experience for yourself is pretty out there so as to feel magical. :)

I'm reading the Prosperity Bible at the moment, which is a collection of books from old men from the 1920s and 30s and they were all into it. They called it different things like Law of Attraction, Law of Success, The Golden Principle and all that shit. Many of these 'laws' were much of a muchness but fascinating nonetheless.

I think the New Age stuff has really tarnished a lot of what they wrote about and the likes of Abraham 'channeling' outer dimension beings makes the whole thing pretty laughable.

But I'm still not quick to discount the magic that's occurred in my own life from simply writing down what I want.

Jacques141

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Apr 10, 2021
Ljubljana, Slovenia
I dunno, man. There's some f*cked up shit that happens.

Carl Jung spoke of synchronicity. And yes, I have a Psychology degree, I know about apophenia. But some stuff you read about and experience for yourself is pretty out there so as to feel magical. :)

I'm reading the Prosperity Bible at the moment, which is a collection of books from old men from the 1920s and 30s and they were all into it. They called it different things like Law of Attraction, Law of Success, The Golden Principle and all that shit. Many of these 'laws' were much of a muchness but fascinating nonetheless.

I think the New Age stuff has really tarnished a lot of what they wrote about and the likes of Abraham 'channeling' outer dimension beings makes the whole thing pretty laughable.

But I'm still not quick to discount the magic that's occurred in my own life from simply writing down what I want.
Thank you for sharing!

I would really like to see how you go about it, whats your process?

Marigold

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Nov 15, 2018
Glasgow & Malaga
Thank you for sharing!

I would really like to see how you go about it, whats your process?
Literally write down what I want in my life. Pen and paper (no screens).
Dabbled in vision boards over the years.
Acting as if what I want is already in my life.

That's about it.

harlansjobs

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Oct 31, 2018
EARL NIGHTINGALE was a good teacher in this. He preached it was all mindset.

Last edited:

Einfamilienhaus

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Feb 8, 2019
If you would ask me, I would rather believe that it is more possible to create of nothing gold through alchemy than manifesting your own success.

For a small guy Entrepreneurship depends on your private equity. Poor choices are always based on your weak equity. If you want to succeed as Entrepreneur, you have to increase your equity first. The fundamental of business is to invest the Maximum to get the Maximum.
If your equity is weak you have to Work hard, learn to have a good live without consuming unnecessary sh*t and get your first business experience from your side hustle. You will face emotions like tiredness, loneliness and frustration but at the same time you will feel awake through this tiredness. Keep your head straight and dont listen to every fairytale people tell. Even "successful people" will tell you every magical story to get 10$ out of your pocket.

If you find 50.000 delusional people worldwide, you can call yourself Amazon Bestseller and you earned 500.000$ out of nothing. Maybe this is the formula for the Gold Alchemy?

imprady

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Apr 19, 2021
I personally don't think manifestation stuff work, however, it has some principles that are important for success.

For example, giving all your energy to one project at a time, being super focussed on the path, creating a favorable environment (by getting rid of all the distractions), positive thinking state of mind (which makes logical thinking easier, as opposed to the clutter of negative thinking & fear of failure)

Another way to look at it is that the majority of successful people do not follow the manifestation theory, but only a small minority who happens to be very vocal. And this is also a topic which goes viral quickly (like any other topic which promises quick, easy solution or a magic bullet answer)

Marigold

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Nov 15, 2018
Glasgow & Malaga
I personally don't think manifestation stuff work, however, it has some principles that are important for success.

For example, giving all your energy to one project at a time, being super focussed on the path, creating a favorable environment (by getting rid of all the distractions), positive thinking state of mind (which makes logical thinking easier, as opposed to the clutter of negative thinking & fear of failure)

Another way to look at it is that the majority of successful people do not follow the manifestation theory, but only a small minority who happens to be very vocal. And this is also a topic which goes viral quickly (like any other topic which promises quick, easy solution or a magic bullet answer)
Absolutely! The popularity of such notions comes down to people thinking they just have to think of what they want and it falls out the sky like magic.

Most 'good' teachers will also tell you you have to do the work too! It's a combination of factors but certainly there's no harm in a powerful belief system that tells you that doing certain things can magnetize you to your results.

I will say I was just reading one of Russell Brunson's books - I forget which one - and he said that when he went to a massive entrepreneurial event years ago and that every successful speaker said they'd read Think And Grow Rich by Napolean Hill. I read it about 15 years ago and can't remember all of what's in there but there are certainly 'magical thinking' principles...

Joseph Campbell also talked of The Power of Your Subconscious Mind which has many overlaps.

But yeah, there's a reason why the money manifestation gurus are so f*cking rich!!! (And it ain't manifestation - it's teaching it to money hungry people!)

Brrr

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Jul 28, 2019
I used to half-believe that I had good days & bad days. And that bad days followed good days and good days bad.

I would look at the calendar and think "ohhh Friday is a bad day, better postpone x" or think "that's a good day, I'm going drink with my friends and go out". I would excuse crap that happened on a bad day as something to be expected or avoid doing certain things "that's my bad workout day, don't go for any PR's" or try and make sure I would get news on good days only.

Of course, this ended up being a self-fulfilling prophecy. I would try and make sure all the good things happened on the good days and leave the rubbish on the bad days so of course, that would create good and bad days. When I forgot what day I was on or things would not follow the pattern I might even explain away the exceptions "maybe the days have flipped!" or if things went well two days in a row I would think "I must be getting a double this week!".

Anybody can look at this behaviour, and immediately see how idiotic it is. I'd essentially condemned half my life to be bad or at least created a set of rules that were external to me that would have a dramatic effect on my decision making.

Now to be clear, I knew this wasn't real. But I had convinced myself that there was a small element of truth to this and that was enough to influence my psyche. On a positive, it meant I was charged up on my good days and I felt very powerful going into things and if negative stuff happened I could just chalk it up to "well we all have to get some bad, I'd rather it happened on my bad days". But that didn't make this day thing real and to think that the universe is keeping track of my days is an egotistical delusion of the highest order.

Manifestation is exactly the same thing, it's baloney that we have convinced aids us in some way. There are no issues with using a bit of self-deception to help improve our psyche but the net effect of believing this mumbo-jumbo is that we surrender a degree of control of our own lives and see patterns that aren't there.

If you truly believe that there are some universal forces out there helping you buy a house or make a sale because you strongly desired it and manifested it into existence requires a level of narcissism that doesn't gel too well with me. As if implying that the 25,000 people that are going to die of starvation today just didn't manifest food hard enough or that a few more affirmations would have prevented that cancer diagnosis. Sorry but the world is a little too f'd up for that.

Marigold

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Nov 15, 2018
Glasgow & Malaga
I used to half-believe that I had good days & bad days. And that bad days followed good days and good days bad.

I would look at the calendar and think "ohhh Friday is a bad day, better postpone x" or think "that's a good day, I'm going drink with my friends and go out". I would excuse crap that happened on a bad day as something to be expected or avoid doing certain things "that's my bad workout day, don't go for any PR's" or try and make sure I would get news on good days only.

Of course, this ended up being a self-fulfilling prophecy. I would try and make sure all the good things happened on the good days and leave the rubbish on the bad days so of course, that would create good and bad days. When I forgot what day I was on or things would not follow the pattern I might even explain away the exceptions "maybe the days have flipped!" or if things went well two days in a row I would think "I must be getting a double this week!".

Anybody can look at this behaviour, and immediately see how idiotic it is. I'd essentially condemned half my life to be bad or at least created a set of rules that were external to me that would have a dramatic effect on my decision making.

Now to be clear, I knew this wasn't real. But I had convinced myself that there was a small element of truth to this and that was enough to influence my psyche. On a positive, it meant I was charged up on my good days and I felt very powerful going into things and if negative stuff happened I could just chalk it up to "well we all have to get some bad, I'd rather it happened on my bad days". But that didn't make this day thing real and to think that the universe is keeping track of my days is an egotistical delusion of the highest order.

Manifestation is exactly the same thing, it's baloney that we have convinced aids us in some way. There are no issues with using a bit of self-deception to help improve our psyche but the net effect of believing this mumbo-jumbo is that we surrender a degree of control of our own lives and see patterns that aren't there.

If you truly believe that there are some universal forces out there helping you buy a house or make a sale because you strongly desired it and manifested it into existence requires a level of narcissism that doesn't gel too well with me. As if implying that the 25,000 people that are going to die of starvation today just didn't manifest food hard enough or that a few more affirmations would have prevented that cancer diagnosis. Sorry but the world is a little too f'd up for that.
I don't think anyone believes that universal forces help them buy a house. Nor have I encountered anyone thinking that if starving people just wished for food they'd get it.

There are certainly documented cases of mind over matter/prayer etc. when it comes to healing from life-threatening illnesses.

We do see patterns and make connections and we are superstitious too. That's the human experience.

harlansjobs

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Oct 31, 2018

Absolutely! The popularity of such notions comes down to people thinking they just have to think of what they want and it falls out the sky like magic.

Most 'good' teachers will also tell you you have to do the work too! It's a combination of factors but certainly there's no harm in a powerful belief system that tells you that doing certain things can magnetize you to your results.

I will say I was just reading one of Russell Brunson's books - I forget which one - and he said that when he went to a massive entrepreneurial event years ago and that every successful speaker said they'd read Think And Grow Rich by Napolean Hill. I read it about 15 years ago and can't remember all of what's in there but there are certainly 'magical thinking' principles...

Joseph Campbell also talked of The Power of Your Subconscious Mind which has many overlaps.

But yeah, there's a reason why the money manifestation gurus are so f*cking rich!!! (And it ain't manifestation - it'sh teaching it to money hungry people!)
Try listening to Esther Hicks, she talks very fast and sometimes you can't understand her. What I find interesting is how people eat this crap up. When it started with people like Wallace Wattles and others at the turn of the 20th Century, they at least included GOD, now none of them do. Geneive Davis (pen name ) said she got rich because providence gave her the ability to write 4 books and she gave it all too charity.

These people although not ethically have discovered the FASTLANE highway in that they are creating books, courses and more that deal with passive income and has made most of them very rich. Just a thought.

Marigold

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Nov 15, 2018
Glasgow & Malaga
Try listening to Esther Hicks, she talks very fast and sometimes you can't understand her. What I find interesting is how people eat this crap up. When it started with people like Wallace Wattles and others at the turn of the 20th Century, they at least included GOD, now none of them do. Geneive Davis (pen name ) said she got rich because providence gave her the ability to write 4 books and she gave it all too charity.

These people although not ethically have discovered the FASTLANE highway in that they are creating books, courses and more that deal with passive income and has made most of them very rich. Just a thought.
I read Genevive's books and she got rich primarily through a sleep book?! She did work her fingers to the bone in multiple low wage jobs and now she drives a Bentley and has loads of money. Credit to her.

Yeah, Esther is full of shit in my opinion. Her early recordings she's all robotic but now the channelling just flows. Weird :)

And yes, Neville - one of the very early manifesting gurus - was all about God and saw the bible as a metaphysical text. Then you have a lot of New Agers like Doreen Virtue abandoning all the previous teachings and finding Jesus. Very fascinating to watch.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.