The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

What Jay Abraham Concepts Have You Used?

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
I’ve been on a Jay Abraham kick lately and am using his concepts of “Other Peoples ___” and “Strategic Alliances” while looking for clients.

What strategies of his have you leveraged?

One that had me rolling was how he made $4k/week selling 8 tracks in convenience stores using NO MONEY OF HIS OWN!

Or a story of a guy who bought a business without capital by leveraging asset-based lending, grew the company to millions using the same strategy, and exited for $5 million a few years later. He then did it again in a different industry...ultimate fastlane...

His case studies are absurd in the way he sees opportunities and creates value from seemingly nothing.

I’d love to hear stories from forum members of how they’ve worked out.

Here's his mind shift challenge with all of the case studies: http://abraham-pop.s3.amazonaws.com/mindshift-challenge.pdf

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Last edited:

NMdad

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Aug 6, 2017
New Mexico
His case studies are absurd in the way he sees opportunities and creates value from seemingly nothing.
Agree--he's phenomenal at spotting opportunities.

One thing I did that grew my (slowlane) consulting business ~50% was to partner with others who have access to my market. I've been working with 2 software vendors, and the stuff I do helps them sell more of their stuff. So, now, I basically have 2 outside sales teams who refer new prospects to me; the conversion rate for these prospects is probably 80-90%. @Andy Black has used the same strategy.

OP
OP
PizzaOnTheRoof

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
Agree--he's phenomenal at spotting opportunities.

One thing I did that grew my (slowlane) consulting business ~50% was to partner with others who have access to my market. I've been working with 2 software vendors, and the stuff I do helps them sell more of their stuff. So, now, I basically have 2 outside sales teams who refer new prospects to me; the conversion rate for these prospects is probably 80-90%. @Andy Black has used the same strategy.
That’s a great idea. I’ve trying to use a similar strategy.

I’m contacting people who also service my potential client market and offer them a cut in exchange for the referral.

SolopreneurGrind

Contributor
Feb 26, 2019
If you haven't read his book "How to get everything you can out of all you've got", I highly, highly recommend it. It's nothing earth-shattering in terms of the concepts, but it's a great read and so practical and easy to implement in your business or a new business the very next day.

OP
OP
PizzaOnTheRoof

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
If you haven't read his book "How to get everything you can out of all you've got", I highly, highly recommend it. It's nothing earth-shattering in terms of the concepts, but it's a great read and so practical and easy to implement in your business or a new business the very next day.
Thanks for the recommendation! I've got an audible credit to burn...

Andy Black

Dad, husband, entrepreneur.
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
May 20, 2014
Ireland
There’s a free two part podcast between Jay Abraham and Tony Robbins. I listened to it a few years ago and would like to find it and listen to it again.

I could have taken more notes, but I prefer to take ONE note and act on that.

The one I took away was something Jay Abraham said, and it’s front of mind for me (you may have noticed I quote it quite a bit):

“Who already has your customers?”

OP
OP
PizzaOnTheRoof

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
There’s a free two part podcast between Jay Abraham and Tony Robbins. I listened to it a few years ago and would like to find it and listen to it again.

I could have taken more notes, but I prefer to take ONE note and act on that.

The one I took away was something Jay Abraham said, and it’s front of mind for me (you may have noticed I quote it quite a bit):

“Who already has your customers?”
Yep, that's exactly what I'm implementing now. I'll look for that podcast and give it a listen too.

Reading his content should be mandatory for any new business owner.

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
Oct 20, 2012
Yeah I remember reading or hearing that cookie business story a few years back.

I tried executing one of his ideas in the past - but due to poor execution on my part I got no where.

Funnily enough, I'm working with a guy right now that seems to be a decent coder - I haven't paid him a penny, I suspect he's doing the work for free because he'll be asking for equity - which I'm open to, then I won't need to worry about the development cost or the maintenance cost of the web application we're working on.

And reading the PDF you shared has given me an idea or two on how I can tap into other (more established) people/businesses' distribution networks. It could potentially take me from 0 paying subscribers to 100,000 + in less than 12 months and hit that fast lane much sooner than I otherwise would have.

Thanks for sharing the PDF.

Last edited:
OP
OP
PizzaOnTheRoof

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
Yeah I remember reading or hearing that cookie business story.

I tried executing one of his ideas in the past - but due to poor execution on my part I got no where.

Funnily enough, I'm working with a guy right now that seems to be a decent coder - I haven't paid him a penny, I suspect he's doing the work for free because he'll be asking for equity - which I'm open to, then I won't need to worry about the development cost or the maintenance cost of the web application we're working on.

And reading the PDF you shared has given me an idea or two on how I can tap into other (more establish) people/businesses' distribution networks. It could potentially take me from 0 paying subscribers to 100,000 + in less than 12 months and hit that fast lane much sooner than I otherwise would have.

Thanks for sharing the PDF.
No problem, and good luck with the business!

A great product needs distribution, and distributors need great products...

Create a win-win for both parties involved and scale to the moon.

Andy Black

Dad, husband, entrepreneur.
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
May 20, 2014
Ireland
OP
OP
PizzaOnTheRoof

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jul 30, 2018
Texas

Valhalla

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Mar 6, 2019
The concept of risk reversal he emphasizes has changed the way I think about customer service.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox' Web School's "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2020
This year has been quite crazy so far, and a lot of people have reached out to ask me if web...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
Got it several weeks ago and have listened to it several times now. I've definitely met both...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Just got off the phone with @LightHouse. Having just a 45 minute conversation with him has...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
@Kak Out of curiosity, what types of businesses are you advising on? (I read this whole thread...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Just bought 5 of your Upwork courses. Thanks for making valuable content Lex!
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Thanks for your offer to look at my book. Here's the link to the squeeze page Buy The Prosperous...

Forum Sponsor

sponsor

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom