The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What is the BEST "value" you ever paid for?

Sanj Modha

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Feb 16, 2016
In Your Newsfeed
A 4G mobile wi-fi router with unlimited data: I can work from pretty much any location in the world and it costs $5-$10/day depending on the country.

I pick and collect from the airport too. Life has never been more seamless: https://www.changirecommends.com/owifi.aspx

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

mercenariez

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jan 20, 2019
Edit: wrong thread for some reason (glitch)

Now that I’m here, I guess I’d say my smartphone/PC.

Last edited:

Wisarut

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
244%
Feb 5, 2019
The book "Mastery" by Robert Greene, it was long, but it was worth my time and the money I spend on it.

It was a wake upp call for me that it would be sad too go through my whole life and not have mastered atleast one skillset.

Frank H.

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Dec 22, 2018
Awesome thread! I enjoyed the mini-bits about toilet hygiene and deodorant without aluminum. A lot of value and good material in those bits :) On a more serious note also found value in the Udemy courses, bluescreen glasses, and water filter. These products should last for a long time.

Looking forward to adding these products to my wishlist for Christmas in July!

brewster

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
May 25, 2014
Austin, TX
A simple lacrosse ball, $5 on Amazon.

Amazing for releasing the built-up tension in your muscles from stress, long hours sitting in chairs, and working out.

The effect is instantaneous for improving your mood.

Rescripting

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
233%
Apr 11, 2019
My first car I bought. A Chevy S10 that I haggled it down to 4500$ with low miles on it at the dealer. Had it for three years and even had the military pay me to move myself twice with it. Sold it for 4500$...

astr0

Grinding
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Dec 3, 2017
Lviv, Ukraine
INSIDERS subscription. Threads are somehow few levels higher on the dark side.

Before that: Chinese wireless AirPod-like headphones for $12. They are surprisingly decent for that money.

Atu

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Mar 23, 2019

Year of buying: 2008
Cost of buying: equivalent of 20$
Gave me the means of keeping my business afloat for over 4 years. Still working. Battery lasts up to a week. I know the keys by heart, without thinking about them. Generations of fancy, needless-options-loaded phones passed by. I remember my colleagues having emotional disputes about new expensive phones they absolutely have to buy, now in trash cans.

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
A flight to China.

Prices I negotiated down with suppliers more than paid for the trip. Then what I learned spiraled into years of exploring and going to "uncomfortable" places to make more money.

FierceRacoon

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Jun 1, 2019
(1) Air Purifier IQ Air GC Series for $1200+. I have a very mild, intermittent asthma, and for a while I fought out of principle. But then I figured, I'd rather be 100% productive at home and pick my battles. This purifier clears everything.

(2) Daily Contact Lenses Acuvue Oasys. They are 2X more expensive than the next daily brand, amounting to $1/day for one eye, but make a huge difference. After you have a contact lens break into pieces inside your eye you start to appreciate the kind that never ever does it, vs the kind that does it 3-4 times a year. Also, the level of comfort is unparalleled; even with regular sinus infections, I basically don't notice the lens. I had been considering Lasik, but with those lenses I can avoid the unnecessary risk while suffering zero inconvenience. Since those are daily lenses, the risk of infection is also virtually nonexistent.

(3) Essential Oils. They are such a multipurpose thing, from cleaning the floor with fir-needle scented water to scenting baking soda with lemon oil and cleaning the stove, to fighting infections.

Thyme Lynalool and Pepeprmint are the two best value oils. Thyme is for fighting infections; it saved me from laryngitis twice, including one case of antibiotic-resistant bacteria. Peppermint is a bronchodilator, and in my subjective experience is comparable in effectiveness to medications from asthma and other pulmonary diseases. Just exercise caution and moderation with all oils, and know that peppermint specifically can be very dangerous if you have a baby or a person with a certain condition (it slows down the heartbeat). Test carefully for allergies, and know that your skin and eyes can get burned! You can also set your place on fire --- those oils burn like high octane gasoline!

ecommercewolf

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Jan 8, 2019
Dallas, TX
Gym Membership
From being very underweight and skinny 4-5 years ago and never worked out, to now being at a healthy weight with muscle and working out 5-6x a week.
I believe that everyone should lift weights or do some form of exercise. The benefits for your mental health, confidence and extra boost it gives you daily are immense.

NVious

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Jun 12, 2015
Being open to buying time

ALL the coaches I have worked with have created SO much more value beyond the hour I pay for, if I can suggest along the marginal utility curve:

pIsHjN3.png

I'd say hour is FOR SURE the money maker (with some others maybe a bit more) as they will almost always be happy with you within the first hour (provided you are not a POS) and almost always they go above and beyond to return to you as their hourly is their HIGHEST price.

Giving

Pretty straight forward, the other day I gave 1/30 of what's in my bank account to a bum (not what I have total, it was about 1/250 of what I have total) and the next day, a project that hasn't gotten anywhere in the past month and a half opened up for me, not that it has gone 10x yet, but the potential is there :)

Btw excellent excellent thread,I read a few posts and have already gained a ton, GOING THROUGH IT ALL RIGHT NOW, thank you for making it.

Maybe this thread, although it's free haha!

Last edited:
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 29, 2019
$12 phone earbuds with built in "subwoofer/bass" from an obscure brand on Amazon. Probably private labeling from one of you cheeky bastards.

- Literally closed more sales due to the increased comprehension
- More audiobooks/podcasts consumed while exercising
- Working while talking to clients with both hands free

Link pls? Ive been looking for some too.

gryfny

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Jun 11, 2019
Europe
MEN ULTRA STRETCH DRY EX PANTS
I need to find these, they don't seem to be in stock anymore though. I have such a hard time finding great pants. And the reviews look good.

And my best value purchases are by far:
Bluetooth earbuds. I always thought it would be a nuisance to recharge them all the time. But ofcourse this is solved by the charging case. I have the QCY buds from aliexpress for about 20 euro. They have some small hickups sometimes, but for this price the overall quality is great. I was afraid the mic would be of poor quality, but people who I'm calling tell me they can hear me crystal clear.

A housekeeper. Since my appartment is small she only comes for 2 hours per week for cleaning and ironing. But I love it, the house has never been cleaner and it saves me much time. I recommend this to everyone.

Nabaiji microfiber towels. These towels are so compact. I reversed my thinking process when trying to find a bag that would fit my work laptop, packed lunch and also my gym clothes. Instead of finding a bigger bag, I started looking for smaller content. Now even when I need to bring a second towel for using the sauna, it will fit.

Common Project sneakers. Expensive, but they are the best sneakers I've ever owned.

Longinus

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
441%
Aug 28, 2014
Poland / Belgium
This speaker, I take it everywhere in the house, while traveling and to BJJ training as well. Great sound for little money.

Also, Spotify. I think I listen on average 8h/day to my playlists and learned TONS of new artists and even music genres. For only €10/month, I take it everywhere I want (I remember I had to carefully choose the limited amount CDs I wanted to listen in the past).

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Nine bucks at Bealles.

96 OZ water jug with a large opening (for ice).

IMG_0705.JPG

If you're on that 75 day challenge, a must to meet your water intake.

Also, Spotify.

+1

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Intuit Online Payroll...

Just a few clicks and all the tiresome, tedious tax forms are completed and filed.

Best $35 bucks/mo I've ever spent.

Not Most People

"If everyone else is doing it, its probably wrong"
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Jan 28, 2019
Scottsdale, AZ
Amazon Prime

Magnesium Pills
- the one single mineral I've taken for years consistently. Will take your sleep and muscle recovery to a new level. Almost everyone is deficient especially if you work out consistently. Be prepared for vivid dreams the first few nights you take it. Don't just get a generic walmart brand though make sure it's chelated and bisglycinate form. Here is a favorite of mine - Magnesium Biscglycinate

reedracer

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
172%
Jun 2, 2019
Kansas City
Be prepared for vivid dreams the first few nights
That explains it! Magnesium has been a great boon to my moods. But, I've been waking from dreams that won't let go! Upped my mag, vitamin D and oils of fish lately.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Another +1 on Spotify, far and beyond Pandora.

+1 on the Monthly Audible subscription which turns my short commute to the gym learning experiences.

Magnesium Pills - the one single mineral I've taken for years consistently. Will take your sleep and muscle recovery to a new level. Almost everyone is deficient especially if you work out consistently. Be prepared for vivid dreams the first few nights you take it. Don't just get a generic walmart brand though make sure it's chelated and bisglycinate form. Here is a favorite of mine - Magnesium Biscglycinate

Thanks, gonna try it.

mindfulimmortal

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas

Best sleep hack products I have found and highly recommend;
Truedark day and twilight glasses! If I was to pick between the two I would recommend the Twilight Truedark glasses (red ones). I have only had them for a week now but everynight when I put them on before bed I fall asleep quick and sleep much deeper. The Daywalker (yellow lens) are good for those who spend a great deal of time in front of a computer/smartphone or ereader. The Z-Matrix is loaded with Mag/Zinc/Folic Acid/D3 and B6 and like others have said seems to get you into a dream/REM state. I also replaced LED bulbs with Halogen in parts of my home that I spend more time in the evening (Bathroom, bedroom and Kitchen).

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
621%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
90% of my happiness comes from myself. It’s free.

But, with that said, the best 3 things I ever paid for are as follows

1. $1900 a month to live on a lake.

Vastly improved happiness. Made me chill out and enjoy life more.

2. $5000 for my 1977 Datsun 280z. My daily driver. Love washing this thing.

3. Gym membership

Tossek

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
May 5, 2019
Germany
So far it was the equivalent of ~ 5 cents. It was one of this rubber stickers for IKEA's cupboard doors that I instead plugged on the wall behind the toilett. Oh, this sweet sound of nothing when the toilett lid hits the wall ...

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
Don't underestimate the following advice because I swear to Buddha this will change your life:

Get a good set of Audiophile grade headphones. Seriously. A good set of headphones is like the difference between a 4K Home Theatre and a shitty 360p YouTube video from 2002. I'm not exaggerating. No, I'm not talking Bose or Skullcandy or Beats By Dre or other brands that the peasant masses believe is good quality.. I'm talking about legit Audiophile grade IEMs (In-Ear Monitors).

Would you believe me if i told you that you've never actually heard your favorite music before? All your favorite bands and artists.. you've never really heard them. There are so many sounds and tones that you don't even know are dying a painful slow death in your crappy Samsung or Apple AirPods. I'm an Apple lover, but even the AirPod Pros sound like total shit in comparison to good IEMs. Seriously, get a good set of headphones then listen to your music collection. It's literally like you never heard it before.

You don't even have to spend a lot. I usually spend around $200 but I'm broke right now and I just picked up this amazing set on Amazon for 30 bucks because all the high-end audio sites were raving about them; and they're F*cking amazing. Seriously it's like I'm in my music. The battery died on them and I had to plug in my Samsung headphones and I want to strangle a baby seal. Samsung isn't a bad brand but these headphones sound like absolute rat shit in comparison to my Skunkys.

Seriously I can't stress this enough that buying a good set of headphones will be one of the best purchases you've ever made in your life. Every time you buy a set of headphones from Best Buy, God kills a kitten. You don't want to kill kittens, do you?

Do some research on Head-fi.org and pick out a great pair that fits your price range.

You can also just do some Googling. "Best Audiophile grade headphones," "Budget Audiophile grade headphones." These are the ones I'm using now and love them.

Tronsmart Spunky Wireless Earbuds

They're just as good as $150 sets I've bought in the past plus they have all the AirPod-like wireless features.

Edit: This site has a great ranking of Budget ($25-$150) Audiophile-grade IEMs.

Last edited:

Juan Pimentel

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
248%
Jul 10, 2019
Mesa Arizona
The audible app. Thanks to this app i was able to listen to all books that have changed my life. Im starting to read books now but its all thanks to audible. Also My iphone has done what no over machine has been able to do and thats perfect real time video calling . Honestly Nothing beats FaceTime. The fact i can see my mom who lives thousand of miles away. That I was able to see my grandparents before their deaths and say good bye its priceless. (I can’t leave the country nor my family can come)

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
Don't underestimate the following advice because I swear to Buddha this will change your life:

Get a good set of Audiophile grade headphones. Seriously. A good set of headphones is like the difference between a 4K Home Theatre and a shitty 360p YouTube video from 2002. I'm not exaggerating. No, I'm not talking Bose or Skullcandy or Beats By Dre or other brands that the peasant masses believe is good quality.. I'm talking about legit Audiophile grade IEMs (In-Ear Monitors).

Would you believe me if i told you that you've never actually heard your favorite music before? All your favorite bands and artists.. you've never really heard them. There are so many sounds and tones that you don't even know are dying a painful slow death in your crappy Samsung or Apple AirPods. anyone who knows me on here knows I'm an Apple lover but even the AirPod Pros sound like total shit in comparison to good IEMs. Seriously, get a good set of headphones then listen to your music collection. It's literally like you never heard it before.

You don't even have to spend a lot. I usually spend around $200 but I'm broke right now and I just picked up this amazing set on Amazon for 30 bucks because all the high-end audio sites were raving about them; and they're F*cking amazing. Seriously it's like I'm in my music. The battery died on them and I had to plug in my Samsung headphones and I want to strangle a baby seal. Samsung isn't a bad brand but these headphones sound like absolute rat shit in comparison to my Skunkys.

Seriously I can't stress this enough that buying a good set of headphones will be one of the best purchases you've ever made in your life. Every time you buy a set of headphones from Best Buy, God kills a kitten. You don't want to kill kittens, do you?

View attachment 29887

Do some research on Head-fi.org and pick out a great pair that fits your price range.

You can also just do some Googling. "Best Audiophile grade headphones," "Budget Audiophile grade headphones." These are the ones I'm using now and love them.

They're just as good as $150 sets I've bought in the past plus they have all the AirPod-like wireless features.

I bought some wireless earbuds a few months ago. I rather liked them. I lost one while getting chased by children at a vineyard. I just lost the other last night, so I need new ones.

Thank you.

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018

Would you believe me if i told you that you've never actually heard your favorite music before? All your favorite bands and artists.. you've never really heard them. There are so many sounds and tones that you don't even know are dying a painful slow death in your crappy Samsung or Apple AirPods. anyone who knows me on here knows I'm an Apple lover but even the AirPod Pros sound like total shit in comparison to good IEMs. Seriously, get a good set of headphones then listen to your music collection. It's literally like you never heard it before.

View attachment 29887

Usually when it comes to Audiophile IEM's I think of Ultimate Ears

They're ridiculously expensive though.

TreyAllDay

Whatever it takes
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Feb 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
The $24.99 I spent of Millionaire Fastlane lol.

Other than that - I'd say the $99/month I spend on SEO software has been invaluable. I used to cheap out and use google search tools but a good SEO software tells you everything you need to know about your competitors, your audience, and how to bring them onto your site to buy.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.