• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

What have you succeeded with? B2B vs B2C

Discussion in 'Business Models, Niches, Industries' started by srodrigo, May 14, 2019 at 3:43 PM.

What have you succeeded with?

1. B2B

5 vote(s)
    55.6%
  2. B2C

4 vote(s)
    44.4%
  1. srodrigo

srodrigo Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,629
    What strategy has worked better for you?

I've tried B2C so far, unsuccessfully. I might try B2B next time.

2. Thomas Baptiste

Thomas Baptiste Third of His Name Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,433
    I've seen basic B2B structures, that with the right focus could be very successful. I currently work in one and it seems that people will buy just about anything if it helps them in some way to earn more.

I've personally had more success with B2C, but it seems that both have their ups and downs.

Walter Hay, rynor, minivanman and 2 others like this.
  3. Andy Black

Andy Black Any colour, as long as it's red. Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $186,908
    I like B2B. I want to be a better businessman. B2B means I rub shoulders with business owners every day.

4. astr0

astr0 Grinding Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,544
    Done B2B pretty successfully, but still failed.
    Then failed miserably with no chances during B2C attempt.
    Doing B2B again, things are going great so far.
    Helping my current B2B client with his B2C product, also successfully so far.

So I guess it doesn't matter that much. B2C is more introvert-oriented though (marketing), B2B is more for extroverts (direct sales).
    I'm a hardcore introvert, but still trying to do things right. Being an extrovert would definitely help, I'm not used to talking a lot, so I have a hardcore extrovert partner for that ;).

P. S. Business owners also seem to value that I often hang for 7-10 seconds during a talk thinking and then propose a good solution for the problem we're talking about. That looks weird for the majority of people, including me.

Last edited: May 14, 2019 at 4:49 PM
    srodrigo and Andy Black like this.
  5. OverByte

OverByte Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $886
    I've had more success with B2C in that I developed a profitable side business (low thousands profit definitely not massive success), however I like the idea of B2B more since I think the value proposition is much simpler (if you can show you can increase a business' profitability with a product the sell is a easy), I just haven't been able to come up with a scalable product that does this.

srodrigo and rynor like this.
  6. rynor

rynor Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $467
    Haven't had much success with B2C services. Definitely could not live on the income.

My personal experience with B2B is that business owners are much more willing to play ball since there is a monetary value associated with increased productivity.

Currently in the process of switching from a B2C to B2B model for my tech services company since a good majority of my income comes from selling other businesses services already.

srodrigo, astr0 and AgainstAllOdds like this.
  7. AgainstAllOdds

AgainstAllOdds Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $66,542
    B2B.

I'm absolute trash at B2C. I hate doing customer service and working on small deals.

8. johnp

johnp Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $8,739
    I'm not 'successful' yet, BUT I've been most successful with B2B so far. And I've tried B2B and B2C multiple times.

Right now, my most successful venture so far looks like it's going to be B2B SaaS. (measuring success based on a revenue and time perspective).

It's probably a mental thing though.

And an experience thing too, since my day job is in B2B.

Both are pretty damn hard no matter how you skin it.

Play to your strengths.

srodrigo likes this.
  9. Akeem

Akeem Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $553
    I'm surprised to see the majority of replies are B2B.

As for myself, I can sell to customers quite easily whereas with businesses, well, they're in the same boat as me. It's not necessarily impossible, just a lot more difficult in comparison to the alternative.

I find that: so long as your product/service is up to scratch and provides real value, all you need is confidence. Well, confidence alongside great knowledge of your product/service/industry.

I guess everyone is skilled at different things though, but it definitely is interesting to know B2B is the more popular one by the looks of it.

Walter Hay and srodrigo like this.
  10. srodrigo

srodrigo Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,629
    Seems like B2B wins so far (for different reasons though).

To me, is a matter of making the deal a no-brainer for a business if you can "prove" that you can increase their revenue. With B2C, sounds trickier to convince someone they desperately need your product. Also B2C seems more of 'impact millions a little bit' rather than 'impact less people massively'. But this is obviously generalising and there will be cases where it's the other way around. At the end of the day, if you get the right product in front of the right people, you'll succeed. There are definitely different challenges.

This is a good point I researched yesterday by accident. Digital marketing helps introverts a lot.

rynor and astr0 like this.
  11. Duck

Duck New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $22
    B2C is my favorite. I know that B2B typically can give you a very large profit per sale, but there are even more customers for B2C. However, I prefer doing B2C stuff that doesn't involve a lot of customer service.

rynor and srodrigo like this.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.