The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What do you want to do with your time and money?

Anything related to matters of the mind

jack12345

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 6, 2011
Toronto
Hi Everybody
A little pump-you-up thread. The topic: What will you do with all your time when you are earning good money without working? (or, what do you presently do now that you are making good money and have the spare time... or any permutation in-between)

When I hit my target income I want to spend my time developing raw, forested land into small neighbourhoods while preserving as many trees as possible. I will do some of the interior design (but hire somebody competent to guide me) mainly focused on making functional houses, with lots of built-in useful details (that sounds vague but I know what I mean!). Meanwhile I will built a similar property for myself and my family to enjoy.

If anybody else would like to share I would love to hear what drives you.

Jack

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Bozigian

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Oct 13, 2010
When I make money without having to work.

I will become the first and only athlete to ever win gold medals in all events for the decathlete.

(signed)Decathletes jump higher then most NBA players.

And then do the traithlon as people say it can be one of the hardest things in your life that you train for

Milenko

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Mar 6, 2011
Cleveland, OH
I don't know that I'd be doing something much different than I'm doing now. My motivation isn't in what I'll be able to do but in being free where all my time and energy would be my own and devoted to my own projects and interests. I wouldn't have to trade any of that time or energy to anyone else for anything...

D

DeletedUser394

I'd like to start a foundation (NOT a 'Ryan Drake' foundation, ie what rich people do to get their names on things after they donate money.. I don't need an ego trip)

I'd also like to become a motivational speaker and social activist. Rally international pressure to dispose of corrupt governments, etc.

Flatlander

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Dec 28, 2010
South Dakota
Drive around the country in my Ferrari.

Rickson9

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Sep 4, 2010
Canada
Having both time and money right now I am spending it with my wife and our family and friends. My wife and I enjoy travel; especially going on cruises since it acts like a moving hotel. I also enjoy reading. My favorite topics include psychology and mind, cosmology, technology, finance, philosophy, and gaming.

I spend my money on whatever I want whenever I want. This doesn't say much beause I don't really want much. I get bored of material things pretty quickly. In general I like spending money on good food, clothes (made to measure suits, shirts, shoes etc.), games (World of Warcraft and Starcraft 2), single malt scotch (Highland or Islay), and travel (cruises > resorts).

I continue to strive to live by the following definition of success:

"To laugh often and much, to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty; to find the best in others; to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; to have played and laughed with enthusiasm and sung with exultation; to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived - that is to have succeeded." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

For whatever reason I was given the opportunity and ability to allocate capital. My personality is not suited to being an entrepreneur so instead I ride the coattails of successful entrepreneurs (not as much money, but no work and no liability). For better or worse, I invest not to impact millions, but for the selfish reason of having more effort-free money tomorrow than I have today.

Best regards.

randallg99

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
watch my kids grow.

it's very interesting as I look back at many people who told me while in my 20's and 30's that health is the most important thing you can ever live for. And Happiness, too. With a capital "H" for Happiness.

Health and Happiness.

Hurry.

oops, another "H" - Make that money fast so you can kick back and really take care of yourself and those you love.

I've made a lot of money in my day and while I've lost most of it, a few very odd, life changing events to make me change my perspective.

Deep down I know I can go and make another bucket of cash but truth be told is that my priorities have changed. I can live comfortably. I watch the sun bounce off the water into my house almost everyday at sunset. I have a very cool dog I adopted from the SPCA (btw, the best thing you could do) and a very modest home with a beautiful wife who cooks well.

Really, what else do I need?

But you asked what I want to do.

I just like watching the kids grow

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Enjoy your time watching them grow. Participate as much as possible. Videotape often. The time passes by quickly.

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
Today I woke up around 8ish, made breakfast and coffee then checked the futures market and scanned email.

Sat in the kitchen drinking coffee while my 3 year old ate his breakfast while we talked about world politics (he's a pretty smart kid).

Spent most of the morning watching spiderman cartoons with the 3 year old while continuously drinking coffee.

Every other episode I would check the markets to make sure they didn't need me. I made a couple of closing trades today to lock in profit and minimize risk and put on one new option trade.

Back to coffee and spiderman. Had a wrestling match as well and played trucks for a while.

The weather was nice so me and the 3 year old had to go for a walk. Of course he wanted to race, dang that kid is fast.

Read a few emails and bs'd a bit on facebook.

I also did some research on a cafe racer motorcycle project I want to build.

As long as I'm not traveling this is my typical day. I try to travel at least once per month. I just get too cagey at home for long periods of time.

Paul Gallo

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Mar 24, 2011
NYC
for me :

Purchase and fly a DC-3
study JKD ( Bruce Lee's Martial art)
watch martial arts movies till my eyes bleed
travel to film festivals
tour Scotland and Ireland and sample every type of Whisky I can find....

yup...pretty simple for me.

Graves

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jan 31, 2011
I read a post on a forum from a guy who won his national lottery. He moved to Netherlands, bought himself a decent house, and just played WoW.
He said that once you have the money, you realize you never needed all those material possessions. You're just happy to be able to do what you want without worrying whether you'll get paid for it or not.

Likewise, my first goal for now is enough money to cover my needs and have a high amount of free time/well-being. I also believe in directly increasing my income through valuable social contribution rather than separating profits and philanthropy.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.