The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What did you study at university and what do you do now?

MichaelKove

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Feb 19, 2019
Szczecin, PL
So what's your plan to escape the hell of trading your time? Still in IT or switching to something else?
I want to get into training/selling digital information like courses, training (publishing), some higher level consulting around AI and AI integration for SMB.

I think it's silly to ignore AI, and a lot of business owners still don't understand what it is and how it can help. AI can optimize their processes, marketing and internal operations.

As a dev I had many many clients that needed an automation built for them, so I have a decent understanding of where a lot of companies bleed money, time and resources.

But instead of building it myself, I'd rather show them how they can integrate different tools and existing AI solutions in their business.

Long term plan...

Eventually build a SaaS once I can productize a solution to problem (still weighing cons & pros in on this, I've had several failed SaaS startups and worked for plenty as a contractor. It's a tough industry)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I went to OSU (The Ohio State University) and studied computer science (first 2 years), then business (1 year) then I dropped out.

I did end up going into IT, worked as OPS for 3 years until getting laid off. Then had a few failed startups with my friends and eventually picked up path of Freelancing. Have been doing that for 17+ years (programmer/developer/web dev)

I hate trading time for money and most of freelance work is hourly. I tried starting an agency few times in my life but realised managing a team (of developers) isn't something I enjoy.
Use your IT and web skills to build systems that bring money?

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
Mechanical Engeneer Dipl.Ing. (like MD)

I check cars at state requirements. Was my dream job back than and I made a lot of money and still do. Not a bad“system“, but not fastlane. I could do it as an entrepreneur, but it could not become fastlane.

But now is something missing. Sadly I don’t get the corner into entrepreneurship.

FastNAwesome

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
May 23, 2011
Business related degree.
Loved it. Learned a lot. Helps in running my business. Lots of partying. Made friends.

Helped me get a well paid job within a month of graduating.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.