The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What book are you reading? Right now. Post up!

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018

Nguru

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Sep 8, 2021
I've got a stack of books by my bed that I'm working through:

Awaken the Giant Within - Tony Robbins (read it before, but recently started reading it again).

An Introduction to Psychology (can't remember by whom, but its the university type handbooks, so it often succeeds in putting me asleep - the theory bits that is).

How life imitates chess - Gary Kasparov (I'm about halfway through this one - was wondering how to become great in chess/life, and this book seemed like a fit).

Successfull Interpersonal Communication - Another handbook (still to start reading it).

How to have kick-a$$ ideas - Chris Barez-Brown. (I'm about 75% through this book, and so far I think it is a great book. It has great exercises, lots of pictures/drawing that makes it an easy read, and is immensely useful in coming up with creative ideas to make the most of your opportunities (a rephrase from 'problems' :)).

Your idea can make you rich - Its from the guys who run the Dragon's Den. So far I'm not really impressed as it feels like the 'same-old' entrepreneur advice in a million other books, but I'm not done reading it completely yet, so I might still change my opinion.

The Complete Guide to Flipping Properties - Steve Burgess (I'm still to start reading this one though - I bought it thinking it would be specific to the UK market, but it isnt, so I'll read it further into the future).

Thats it for my currently reading/unread stack next to my bed.

What are you reading?
Currently reading:-
Measure what matters By John Doerr.
The art of persuasion By Juliet Erikson
Some times you win, Sometimes you lose, sometimes you learn By John C Maxwell

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018

royalcorsair

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Sep 26, 2021
United Kingdom
The Prince by Niccolo Machiavelli. A short book written during the 16th century on how countries are conquered and how to keep a hold of them. Essentially a how-to guide for leaders. Yes it's on politics, but it's one of those books whose principles can be applied in all facets of life.
I would really encourage giving it a read.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

OleksiyRybakov

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Aug 25, 2021
Germany
- 100 Side Hustles by Chris Guillebeau
- The 4-Hour Workweek by Timothy Ferriss
- Rich Dad's Escape from the Rat Race by Robert Kiyosaki
- Re-reading TMF

Edit: If Machiavelli's "Prince" is about politics, I should definitely also include it into my list of future readings.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Believe in People by Charles Koch was one of my more recent favs.

I’m currently reading a book more pertinent to my radio show ATM:

CA283C86-1CAA-4091-9F12-1FD8B5C7BE99.jpeg

D

Deleted70138

516nXnha3BL.jpg
down-to-earth business biography. You can actually see why Jorge Paulo Lemann became a billionaire. Inspiring man and his team.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
At the recommendation of @Cameraman.

What a lovely little book. It’s small, a nice read, and beautifully put together.

4CC79FCF-4F3F-4BB3-908C-17FEE55ED5AC.jpeg

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Did it influence the way you look at the email newsletter campaign?
I’m only half way through. I haven’t learned anything from the content so far, but it has convinced me that nice formatting and imagery makes an experience so much better. To date I don’t bother with formatting and images. That’s a weakness of mine.

D

Deleted70138

I’m only half way through. I haven’t learned anything from the content so far, but it has convinced me that nice formatting and imagery makes an experience so much better. To date I don’t bother with formatting and images. That’s a weakness of mine.

Their website and other book coverings also look nice and cute.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

PhillipD

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Sep 4, 2021
Denmark

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
I'm reading Brave New World by Aldous Huxley and Sentimental Education by Gustave Flaubert.

I'm also reading Limitless by Jim Kwik but I'm going at snail's pace. I read ~40 pages then stop for 2-3 weeks.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Anyv

Any tips inside the book? I’ve read the reviews and they seem to be mixed.
I'm not sure. I'm just marvelling at the "coffee table book" nature of it. I'm only half-way through. It's not massively detailed, but I personally don't need or want details.

Parks

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Jul 20, 2020
Portland
Atm Reading some pesticide books seeing if an idea I have is viable.

Integrated Pesticide Applicator Manual and when I need some breaks I go to reading Pour your Heart into it; the Starbucks book.

heysander

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Apr 1, 2018
The Netherlands
My notable reads of the last 3 months are:

Profit First by Mike Michalowicz - Got this book years ago from our then bookkeeper. It never attracted me, but I was desperate to read something about accounting.
COVID made our e-commerce business grow more rapidly then expected and we where in coping mode, not looking enough at costs. This was very scary when all of the sudden monthly revenue was lower then expected.
The book was surprisingly useful, maybe because it fitted my phase. It talks about taming the money eating monster and transforming it in a profit machine. It lets you think about costs and efficiency.
It led me analysing our processes. For example, after a day of coding I saved mayor employee costs, by changing a 20hr per week task to a 2hr per week task. I felt embarrassed and rewarded at the same time.

On Becoming A Leader by Warren Bennis - My team was under-managed and this book helped me a great deal on the subject of leading people.

The Brand Flip by Marty Nuemeier - We want to bring our brand to the next level. This book has good insights.

Spin Selling by Neil Rackham - Good knowledge, applied in many aspects of my businesses.

American Dreamer by Tommy Hilfiger - Inspirational story about building a brand and business. With all the ups and downs that come with it.

The War of Art by Steven Pressfield - The author is usually a fiction writer. Fun book. Hyper-focussed on the subject of procrastination. Bottomline, sit your a$$ down and do the work! It's written in an inspiring way.

The Great Rat Race Escape by MJ DeMarco - Just started last week with this one. It's a fictional story and a great read. Highly recommended, a chunk of a book, worth your while!

Cameraman

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Sep 25, 2021
UK
I'm not sure. I'm just marvelling at the "coffee table book" nature of it. I'm only half-way through. It's not massively detailed, but I personally don't need or want details.
Don't forget to sign up for the Huit Denim newsletter to see what it looks like and how they run it. It makes a lot of the book fall into place and you start to have your own ideas to improve your newsletter. I now spend as much time curating other content as I do developing my own. My newsletter is probably 50/50 my own content and other peoples content now and my open rate is regularly nudging 50% after following the book for a few years.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Don't forget to sign up for the Huit Denim newsletter to see what it looks like and how they run it. It makes a lot of the book fall into place and you start to have your own ideas to improve your newsletter. I now spend as much time curating other content as I do developing my own. My newsletter is probably 50/50 my own content and other peoples content now and my open rate is regularly nudging 50% after following the book for a few years.
Yes. That was one of my big takeaways. They curate a lot of content. I could easily do that but haven’t to date.

The Indie Hackers newsletter is a good example of a curated newsletter in the business/tech space.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
I've been reading Benjamin Franklin's autobiography.

I really wish I had read this when I was 18. It's excellent.

I started reading it because I was reading Poor Charlie's Almanack, and Charlie Munger had so much praise for it that I decided that I might as well read it.

I have a false memory of having been assigned Franklin's autobiography in school, but I feel like I would have remembered the key takeaways. Here are a few:

"If you would persuade, appeal to interest, not to reason."

"In reality there is perhaps no one of our natural Passions so hard to subdue as Pride. Disguise it, struggle with it, beat it down, stifle it, mortify it as much as one pleases, it is still alive, and will every now and then peep out and show itself. You will see it perhaps often in this History. For even if I could conceive that I had completely overcome it, I should probably be proud of my Humility."

"Human Felicity is produc'd not so much by great Pieces of good Fortune that seldom happen, as by little Advantages that occur every Day."

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
51ZFMvetuUL.jpg

If you found Man's Search for Meaning impactful, you need to read this, too.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.