The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What book are you reading? Right now. Post up!

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Thank you very sincerely for those kind words...

I will only write a book if there aren't any books on the topic currently available or I believe I can do a much better job than any of the existing books on the market. All but the one you mentioned fall into the first category (haven't been written by anyone else).

But that book has dozens (hundreds? thousands?) of competing books out there on the same topic, so I almost didn't write it. I only wrote it because I was really wanted to put out something better than what existed, and was really hoping I could. Reading reviews like yours makes me feel like I achieved that goal.

So again, thank you.

The great thing is that you shared inside information that other flippers and investors won't share IRL.

I had a realtor for awhile who was also an investor and flipper and she always tried to pull me away from distressed properties, always told me (even minor) foundation issues weren't something I wanted (even in a fixer-upper property), etc.

So the transparency is the best value.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Martin.G

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Jan 31, 2019
Argentina
I am reading Open by Andre Agassi. I enjoy reading books about athletes because I find that they are interesting traits that you can use in bus sines. The tenacity for example, and how they confront everyone.

Also, Agassi wrote at the beginning of his book that he feel very lonely inside a tennis court (In the book about Tiger Woods I think I read something similar). Something that I can relate because is how I feel all my life about to be an entrepreneur.

Olimac21

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Dec 3, 2015
Belo Horizonte, Brasil
I am reading Open by Andre Agassi. I enjoy reading books about athletes because I find that they are interesting traits that you can use in bus sines. The tenacity for example, and how they confront everyone.

Also, Agassi wrote at the beginning of his book that he feel very lonely inside a tennis court (In the book about Tiger Woods I think I read something similar). Something that I can relate because is how I feel all my life about to be an entrepreneur.
Brilliant book, I read it when I was 18 and I was a tennis player myself most of my teen years. Actually my mom is reading it at the moment haha.

S.Y.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 4, 2017
Canada
Do you guys complete reading a book in a day?

It depends on why you are reading.

I have read books in a day. Though for the mast part, those were fiction books. For nonfiction, I don't see the value of reading them in a day.

I like this quote: “Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed, and some few to be chewed and digested; that is, some books are to be read only in parts; others to be read, but not curiously; and some few are to be read wholly, and with diligence and attention.”

The goal with the books I read is to find those ones that are to be digested.

----
Just read
  • The Lessons of History (Will & Ariel Durant)
  • Anti-Fragile (Nassim Taleb)

I'm re-reading Skin the Game (Nassim Taleb) and reading Crime and Punishment (Fyodor Dostoevsky).

JohnnyBa01

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Dec 16, 2020
Recently read Essentialism - all about cutting out the clutter and focusing only on those things that fit your vision and move the needle.

I'll be coming back to this book regularly. Highly recommend.

81WSjTD7HLL.jpg

Dora Wi

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Aug 19, 2020
Hungary
I'm in the process of reading Unscripted .

I am also reading Trade Your Way to Financial Freedom by Van Tharp. It is a book about many topics connected to trading and investing such as trading psychology, goal setting, strategies and interviews with successful investors. It's a good book, it's one from my long list of books read and to be read about trading and investing.

For fun I'm currently reading Catch-22, plus a book in Spanish to not forget all my otherwise unused language skills. :)

LifeisSuffering

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Aug 14, 2020
I'm mainly interested in forex and cryptocurrencies.
If you didn't start to learn yet, you can check The No Nonsense Forex Youtube channel, It give an algorithm to follow in you trading. I really recommended, I'm sure it will help you a lot like many other traders.

Dora Wi

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Aug 19, 2020
Hungary
If you didn't start to learn yet, you can check The No Nonsense Forex Youtube channel, It give an algorithm to follow in you trading. I really recommended, I'm sure it will help you a lot like many other traders.
Thanks so much, I have saved it, I'll check it out :)

B_Mac

Redneck Oligarch
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
477%
Apr 10, 2017
Southwest Virginia
Thoughts on the book? Is it Google
Ads specific or more broad strategy? Applicable across businesses or specific to one industry? (Ecom only, local service biz only, etc.)
The physical book is going for $8o on US Amazon but kindle is $9. Is the book heavy on pictures and graphics or am I safe to get the kindle version?

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Thoughts on the book? Is it Google
Ads specific or more broad strategy? Applicable across businesses or specific to one industry? (Ecom only, local service biz only, etc.)
The physical book is going for $8o on US Amazon but kindle is $9. Is the book heavy on pictures and graphics or am I safe to get the kindle version?
I whizzed through it and it’s short but packed. No images that I recall. It should be good for Kindle. I liked the book. I’ll be trying some of the strategies on Google Ads as well as Facebook Ads.

Barracuda

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
259%
Jul 2, 2020
The Promenade Towers
Ultra learning by scott h young. It's a book about increasing your comprehension speed and learning speed. You'll learn a lot from it, I've already learnt so much so far. If you can implement the principles stated in this book. You can learn anything quickly and comprehend better. I highly recommend

Jessica1q

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Oct 2, 2020
Canada
yo he is fake guru u gotta watch debate him and jordan Belfort he his a$$ ripped him he cant even talk techincal term with him !! Be on the watch u are following jerk >>>

runnaboi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Nov 25, 2020
Australia
The 22 Immutable Laws of Marketing and Blue Ocean Strategy...

Once they are finished, got 12 Rules for Life to finish.

Last edited:

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
(ISC)^2 Study Guide for the CCSP
Complete Old English, Mark Atherton
Wolfe's-Head, Shani Oates
Various poetry, including Shakespeare's sonnets.

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
Does anyone read 4 hr body?

can you please give a zest of it and is it worth a read

andyhaus44

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
154%
May 17, 2017
St. Charles, MO
Going to be reading Tiny Habits by BJ Fogg next. Heard from a reliable source (T Harv Eker's son) that this is a great book

SPM_ENT

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
232%
Aug 1, 2017
Los Angeles
Just got done with Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell. That and Never Split The Difference by Chris Voss are my favorites of the year. Moving on to Tribal Leadership by David Logan.

Hadrian

QUEST MASTER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Oct 8, 2017
Dublin, Ireland
I know Atomic Habits has been mentioned before but I have it on Audible and print now and would highly recommend you read it in conjunction with Deep Work by Cal Newport.

1.) Atomic Habits (James Clear)
2.) Deep Work (Cal Newport)

Here's a brilliant interview with both of them:

https://soundcloud.com/jamesclear%2Fjames-clear-and-cal-newport View: https://soundcloud.com/jamesclear/james-clear-and-cal-newport

"You do not rise to the level of your goals. You fall to the level of your systems."
~ James Clear (Atomic Habits)

runnaboi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Nov 25, 2020
Australia
Does anyone read 4 hr body?

can you please give a zest of it and is it worth a read
I read it some time back. Everyone has a different style of writing they enjoy, and not every eating style suits everyone. I didn't enjoy reading it, nor did I enjoy the slow carb diet. That being said, if followed I am sure you will get results.
The one thing that I did take away and occasionally still use is his suggested sleep stack - melatonin, magnesium, poppy seed extract and huperzine-a. I am a cancer survivor and struggle with pain a lot. Because of that, I struggle to sleep well. But of everything I have tried, that stack of supplements 30 mins before lights out is the best.
The other point to make is that he makes claims as to the amount of muscle he quickly gained. I think that claim is legit, but take it with a grain of salt. He had previously been muscular, which makes it easier to gain muscle back.

MHP368

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Aug 17, 2016
Sahuarita AZ

So Good They Can't Ignore You: Why Skills Trump Passion in the Quest for Work You Love​

by Cal Newport

-Great read, I'm often reading multiple themed books simultaneously so I've got a few generic creativity books going right now as well as "start with why", basic premise is that "follow your passion" is terrible advise.

The overarching focus seems to be for "careers" but its simple enough to make the jump to business ownership, one interesting correlate is "career capital" , getting really good at one thing (so good, in fact that you can't be ignored0 well what's the obvious translation here? , a filthy amount of value on offer.

Which seems like common sense but I feel we sometimes get a bit ahead of ourselves (hence all the "metoo" businesses and people trying to catch falling knives / entering on the back end of a fad)

Huge overlap with "control" (from CENTS) , in fact the author digs into this enough - with examples so that in terms of weighing the value of any of the CENTS facotrs in building a business you might want to give extra attention to control (because you'll just enjoy the process that much more)

Onakosa

"When I grow up I want to be ... "
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Oct 23, 2020
UK
Last month, I started reading "12 Rule for Life" by Jordan Peterson. It's very insightful and my first read for this year of 2021.
JP is an interesting man. I might give that a go.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.