The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What Are Your Most Painful Tasks Currently?

Dillon Carter

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
52%
Apr 5, 2014
I've got some time on my hands over the next week or so as classes become a bit more automated.

I want to know what you're struggling with. More importantly, if you could wave a wand and solve one thing within your business or life, what would it be?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

LibertyForMe

Habits pave the path to success.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Feb 5, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
Hypothetically, say I woke up tomorrow and something worked perfectly....how would it work???

In all seriousness, just staying in the zone is my biggest painful task. At my job, I need to be creative, driven, and constantly moving all sorts of different things forward. I can do it very well, but doing it very well every single day is difficult. Today I wasn't feeling it, and while I did stuff, it was hard to be super focused.

Even Steven

tumbling down the learning curve
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Nov 7, 2014
Staying focused on a single task, and the confidence to follow through.

James Turchetto

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Dec 23, 2013
If I could automate the process of my ad spending on various platforms (Pinterest & twitter) and I could kill ads that are under performing by a certain spending threshold and increase the spend for those giving me great results.

I spend my entire day managing ads on these two platforms what a chore.

ChrisJTurner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Mar 13, 2015
UK
What is it that is causing all of you to lose focus? (I have the same problem, just curious of others' source)
I have a nose for business and in my time of working for "the man", I have made some folks very rich through my ideas.
Now going alone, I find it hard to focus on one idea.
What causes this, can be simply a problem that I see somewhere, then in my head I start thinking about why, when and how can I fix this issue.
Business ideas for me is easy, seeing them through is another issue.

I am working on this issue; and although I have not quite nailed it, its getting easier.

Be interesting to see how others can remain focused with so many distractions?

biggeemac

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jun 25, 2011
I have a nose for business and in my time of working for "the man", I have made some folks very rich through my ideas.
Now going alone, I find it hard to focus on one idea.
What causes this, can be simply a problem that I see somewhere, then in my head I start thinking about why, when and how can I fix this issue.
Business ideas for me is easy, seeing them through is another issue.

I am working on this issue; and although I have not quite nailed it, its getting easier.

Be interesting to see how others can remain focused with so many distractions?
Yep, this is me all the way. Is it possible that one of the side-effects of TMF is ADD and anxiety ? Because I definitely suffer from those where I didn't used to ( you litigation junkies better NOT get any bright ideas! ).

DennisD

Mini Media Mogul
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jun 16, 2012
Bali, Indonesia
I don't like how much my body needs SLEEP.
If you could invent something that gets rid of the need for rest, I'd be all over that.

Oh wait... Coffee. Nevermind

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Getting out of my own way.

Dillon Carter

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
52%
Apr 5, 2014
Seems like focus is the biggest issue with us, including myself. I've been using sites like HabitRPG to gamify my life and what I want to achieve.

I also limit or create restrictions for myself each year. I can only work towards 3 things in any given year. If I want to switch something out, that's fine, but never more than three so there is consequences for doing so.

I'm a huge fan of routines. Each day I try my hardest to follow a routine set to force progress and maintain my focus each day.

Just a few ideas of how I attack focus currently.

Thanks for the responses everyone :)

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
I want to upgrade my computer's OS, but I know it's gonna take a freakishly long time to back up all my files. I keep putting it off and I don't know when I'm ever going to get to it :(

Ryllban

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Dec 15, 2013
Find me influential people (on instagram, Facebook) with big reach that I can reach out too. It's a long and time-consuming task.

randomnumber314

speed of a drunk camel
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Jan 7, 2014
Minnesoooota,USA
Find me influential people (on instagram, Facebook) with big reach that I can reach out too. It's a long and time-consuming task.

Hire someone to do it for you, pay them $2 an hour

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
i just spent 24 hours overnight at my job tinkering with a glow effect plugin for my game, and its destroying my frame rate, but itt looks so awesome, but i may just have to go back to my previous solution that didn't look as pretty, so now ill have to go through the hassle of doing that for another while... will probably stay overnight again for a total of 48 hours at my job(i work weekends so its dead here).

Tedious would be an understatement... im as close to suicidal as humanly possible without actually being suicidal...

Ryllban

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Dec 15, 2013
Hire someone to do it for you, pay them $2 an hour

Yeah the thing is that it's the Swedish market and the people I'm hiring need to understand Swedish. But Im trying to find some outsourcing site with a few swedes on that can do the work.

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
I no longer have specific challenges.

My biggest one though through the whole journey was a reason to care.

I guess my biggest current struggle, is asking myself why I DON'T care about "you guys" (people who want to be entreprenuers).

NO ONE cares about "you guys".
They only give a darn about themselves and their shiny words to you.

Bunch of lies really...

I wanna know WHY I'm supposed to give a darn, when chances are I can do just fine without helping a single person.

But its not a struggle, because I know I will grow to care.
Some challenges just require trust and time.

*sigh*

It hurts to be aware of how cold I am... Its down right hypocritical...
I foam at the mouth at people with the same darn flaw as me.
And I gotta square up to that...
Its exhausting.

Being a good man.
That is my challenge...

To look at a city of fools, and to stop thinking, I can just escape.
To find harmony, in a world where everyone else crashes and burns on the path.

*sigh* ... Life...

NEVER EVER EVER QUIT
Be better, obssess on better, fight fight fight.

Last edited:

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
Getting out of my own way.
Step to the left, swing your right foot forward, step to the right, swing your left foot forward x)

I'm joking, BUT, it is also true.
You cannot control how you feel, but you can control the very smallest actions.
Create HALF a solution, then, the other HALF, and put them close to each other, repeatt that process over and over, then go back and put them together.

Its kinda the same as just swinging your body into place like a puppet, and FORCING your head to obey.

Shdreams

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Sep 16, 2014
Ontario
Managing Funds Is my biggest problem rite now. There's little to use at the moment. And I waste it on meaningless "Like Campaigns" instead of product.
I'v metaphorically speaking Slapped the stupid out of myself this week. and committing to product and creating a user friendly funnel.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.