This is my year progress thread. grab a glass, it'll be long. (introduction)
I’m a 19 year old Fastlane student. I didn’t grow up with a silver spoon hell, I didn’t even have the spoon. My family was part of the Sidewalk gimmick. No parents around; Mom was gone, Dad had another family and was hardly there. I lived with my grandma, but the connection was bad. I was kicked out, moved out, and had to figure it out alone.
Up until this month, December 2024, I was 18 years old at the time working at a tire shop. That’s where the shift happened.
A Lamborghini Urus roared into the shop. My jaw hit the floor. The energy coming off that machine wasn’t just money; it was freedom.
My coworkers? They immediately went into defense mode. The "Victim Mindset." The M.O.D.E.L that MJ talks about. They looked at the guy with disdain, muttering about "just another rich guy." But I stepped out of my comfort zone. I walked up and asked him, "What did you do to achieve this?"
He told me: "I own multiple businesses. Two liquor shops and a gas station. Built them with investments over 12 years."- coming from a guy who was 35
He wasn't an inherent genius; he was a Producer (Entrepreneur). He told me to start investing and building now.

Minutes later, my boss aka the "Hitchhiker" yelled out: "Hey Demetrus, maybe if you get your a$$ back to work you can afford that 'One Day'."
My mind shattered. This was coming from a Store Manager who was driving a 2000 Toyota Camry with 310k miles, who drives to work every day to be miserable. The same guy my coworkers praise because he "invests in stocks" (which looks a lot more like gambling).
I realized right then: This is shit was a joke (FTE). I was surrounded by "ants." Grown men lost in the abyss, they were comfortable (SlowLaners). I knew if I stayed, the mediocrity would drown me.
I went home, the next day later found Jordan Welch on YouTube, which led me to The Millionaire Fastlane . I read it during my senior year classes. It was the first time someone understood my pain. MJ DeMarco changed my vision. Thank you @MJ DeMarco .
I wasted months hunting for a mentor until some "expert" tried to charge me $2,000 for a lifetime pass. I asked if coaching was his only income and he said "Yes." That’s the ultimate guru scam: a "wealth builder" who only makes money by selling you the dream. It’s a joke when a $15 DeMarco book is cheaper than a Big Mac while it delivers more raw value than a $2,000 pitch from a parasite. I realized then that real success is found in the process, not in some overpriced "inner circle" run by a vulture feeding on your hopes and dreams.
My car broke down and I almost fell for the dealership trap. I was about to finance a replacement when I remembered DeMarco’s rule: if you have to think about it, you can't afford it. I walked away. A week later, my boss cut my hours and I lost control of my income. If I’d signed that paperwork, I’d be drowning in parasitic debt right now a high interest slave to a car I couldn’t even pay for. It’s crazy how the universe works; that one decision saved me from trading my freedom for a monthly payments (Indentured Time).
I came across many obstacles while starting my journey; I was stuck in the
Entrepreneurial Paradox, I was lost. throwing money at Sidewalk gimmicks like dropshipping because I fell for the "free course" trap. Yes I know, who the hell reads TMFL and decides to do drop shipping? I quickly realized I was violating the Commandment of "Entry" If everyone is doing the exact same thing, you don't have a business; you have a lottery ticket. I wanted Control, so I pivoted to web building. But even then, I got smoked by competitors who moved faster with apps while I was stuck in the mud coding with WordPress.
I transitioned to coding with flutter, I hesitated to use AI, fearing I'd lose Control, until I stumbled across a thread MJ’s take on the "Window of Opportunity." Just like blogging in 2010 or FBA in 2015, we are in a phase where early adopters make millions before the window slams shut. I stopped overthinking and decided to ride the wave. I’m using AI as leverage to build my platform at Fastlane speed. This was my Entrepreneurial Paradox and I just killed it by executing.
Now? I’ve pivoted. I’m building a SaaS platform. Yes I know. Not the "AI slop" but I’m using AI as leverage, not the product. The thinking is mine; the speed is AI. I validated the market using the principles on this forum, and I’m executing.
Some people love AI; others hate it. That Polarization doesn't matter to me. What matters is that AI is the current Window of Opportunity to reach your destination faster than ever. If you use it the right way for validating, executing, and building you can bring your imagination to life in seconds instead of years. It’s an early adaptive tool that you must take advantage of now. If you wait, it’ll end up like blogging or YouTube saturated and useless for the latecomers.
I'm not using it to generate "slop"; I'm using it to kill the manual labor of coding and creating. The thinking is mine, but the speed is AI. It takes what used to be months of building and compresses it into minutes. You can either argue about the ethics of the tool or you can use it to build your Money Tree. I chose to build. Thank you for the discussion @TheWiseGuy
Here is the breakdown of the lessons and mindset from my story that helped me into the Fastlane of 2025. (Principles From the Forum)
-Go to school.
-Get good grades.
-Get a "safe" job.
-Retire when you're too old to enjoy it.
It’s a scheme because you never opted in. You are rewarded for obedience, not value creation. Most people don’t fail because they are lazy; they fail because they are playing a game rigged against them. If you don’t choose your paradigm, someone else will. You're The Driver Not the Passenger, Take the Steering Will and it Will lead you to Desirable Places.
-Bottom: Consumers/Employees.
-Middle: Managers.
-Top: Owners, Creators, Controllers.
Money flows UP to those who control value and distribution. You don't climb this pyramid by working harder or being loyal. You climb it by owning systems and solving problems that scale.
The Process I Used:
Avoid Corporate Job's (First Mistake)
This was my first mistake. Working a corporate job drains your soul. You are surrounded by people who have given up. MJ mentions that Sylvester Stallone never worked a corporate job because he knew it would kill his dream. Corporate jobs are "headwinds." They leave you with no energy to work on your business when you get home. Get out.
It’s counter intuitive, but difficulty is the opportunity. If it's easy, everyone is doing it (like drop shipping). Difficulty = High Barriers to Entry = Less Competition. If a problem is hard to solve, that's exactly where the money is.
-Coding
-Sales
-Psychology
-Design By combining these, I become unique. A developer who can't sell is an employee. A salesman who can't build is a middleman. A guy who can do both is dangerous.
NETWORK
Networking isn't about "grabbing coffee" it’s about killing your Slowlane Echo Chamber. When I walked up to that Urus owner, I was hunting for a Value Signal. You need to surround yourself with Producers who have actually mastered Scale to audit your own BS. If you’re the smartest person in the room, you’re in a room full of ants. Use this forum as an example of networking.
Further Your Education
The biggest mistake you can make after high school is letting your education stall. Whether you choose a college degree, or self teaching, treat it as an Asset, not a destination. I realized I had to stop being a Human Encyclopedia and start building a Polymath Stack. Read books that solve actual problems, not just for "motivation." (Mental Masturbation) If you go to college, use it as a tool to gain Hard Skills and Human Capital that give you Control. If your "learning" doesn't directly water your Money Tree, you’re just wasting your time.
Mandatory Escape Number
Avoid drawing a salary; that is a 'Slow Lane' distinction. Instead, do this: Once you’ve validated and hit the 1k mark, Purchase an LLC, then Calculate the Escape Plan, (Recommended). You aren't building a "job" you’re building an Asset for a Liquidity Event. Engineer for Control from Day 1 so you can sell the (Money Tree) once it matures. Without an Exit Strategy, you don’t own a business; you own a high stress lifestyle. Build to sell, or you’re just an employee of your own creation.
Remember to keep your execution precise, remember the mathematical foundation of your journey:
Wealth=Net Profit+Asset Value
-Net Profit: (Units Sold × Unit Profit) — This is your Scale and Magnitude.
-Asset Value: (Net Profit × Industry Multiple) — This is your Exit Strategy (The Liquidity Event).
Once you’ve cleared the air, find your Tailwinds. You need to associate with people who empower your goals and invest in your vision. These individuals aren't just motivational fuel; they are Conduits that extend your opportunity reach and nurture your growth through the inevitable failures of the process. Good people create the wind at your back that builds unstoppable momentum. Break the pull, kill the headwinds, and use your conduits to reach the destination faster.
I learned fast that ideas are worthless without execution. Instead of waiting , I looked for a real problem. Even with competitors in the space, I saw their weaknesses and decided to build something better. Since I was short on cash, I used my "along the way" skills web design and SEO to help fund my vision. It’s harder than it looks, but that’s the trade off. We use the skills we pick up in the journey to build our future. Failure isn’t a dead end; it’s part of the process. If it’s worth anything, it’s going to be a long, complicated series of execution steps. Stop pushing toward success and start pulling: build something the market will come to you for, because you are finally filling a real NEED.
The Anti-Propaganda Protocol
-Kill the "Hyperreality": Politics, mainstream news, and "AI Slop" are weapons of mass distraction. They steal your Time the only asset you can’t earn back.
-Reject "Temporal Prostitution": Stop the 5-for-2 trade. If you're selling your soul to a boss in a 300k-mile Camry, you're living in Indentured Time. Every hour belongs to your Human Capital, not someone else’s bottom line.
-Ignore the "Frugality Scam": You can't skip lattes your way to a Lambo. Cheapness is defense; the Fastlane is Offense. Stop penny pinching and start focusing on Scale and Magnitude.
-Audit the "Gurus": Ignore the TikTok kids and Instagram high-ticket sellers peddling the "fake life" through $2k courses. They aren’t Producers; they are parasites selling you a dream they didn't live. If they were making millions in their "system," they wouldn't need your $997 for a mentorship.
-Identify "Mental Masturbation": Hustle porn and "educational" videos are emotional comfort. If the info doesn’t lead to Execution, it’s just propaganda making you feel productive while you're standing still.
The Bottom Line: If the information doesn't water your Money Tree or solve a Market Need, it’s a distraction.
-The Paradigm Paradox: You’re trying to solve new age problems with a Slow lane brain. You have to "go back to zero" and realize that your old ideas of "hard work" don't apply to scale.
-The Entrepreneur Paradox: You think you need "one more book" or "one more video" before you're ready. You don't. Information is emotional comfort; Execution is the only thing that pays.
You need to strip away the distractions (Headwinds) and execute on the hard work.
Don't chase the money. Chase the difficulty, Chase Problems, Pivot, Execute, Take Action, Read, Explore, Create new Habits, and Further Your education.
The Lesson: Stop being a student of the game and start being the creator. The market doesn't reward who knows the most; it rewards who solves the most.
I am not writing this from the finish line. I am writing this while i'm still executing my app. I’ve seen the alternative. I’ve seen the 40 year old men , broken and bitter, waiting for a pension that won't cover their rent.
Don't ask "How do I make money?"
Ask "What system can I own that solves a real problem?"
Plant the system, water with execution, let it grow into freedom. (The Money Tree)
Yes this is my exact 2025 blue print from my Fastlane Journal, Yes I've used AI to Clean This Up for Me.
Thank you for taking the time to read this. Linked some insights Hope these could help.
This was as much that I could fit in. If there's any information you can fill or Correct, Feel the need to do so.
I’m a 19 year old Fastlane student. I didn’t grow up with a silver spoon hell, I didn’t even have the spoon. My family was part of the Sidewalk gimmick. No parents around; Mom was gone, Dad had another family and was hardly there. I lived with my grandma, but the connection was bad. I was kicked out, moved out, and had to figure it out alone.
Up until this month, December 2024, I was 18 years old at the time working at a tire shop. That’s where the shift happened.
A Lamborghini Urus roared into the shop. My jaw hit the floor. The energy coming off that machine wasn’t just money; it was freedom.
My coworkers? They immediately went into defense mode. The "Victim Mindset." The M.O.D.E.L that MJ talks about. They looked at the guy with disdain, muttering about "just another rich guy." But I stepped out of my comfort zone. I walked up and asked him, "What did you do to achieve this?"
He told me: "I own multiple businesses. Two liquor shops and a gas station. Built them with investments over 12 years."- coming from a guy who was 35
He wasn't an inherent genius; he was a Producer (Entrepreneur). He told me to start investing and building now.

Minutes later, my boss aka the "Hitchhiker" yelled out: "Hey Demetrus, maybe if you get your a$$ back to work you can afford that 'One Day'."
My mind shattered. This was coming from a Store Manager who was driving a 2000 Toyota Camry with 310k miles, who drives to work every day to be miserable. The same guy my coworkers praise because he "invests in stocks" (which looks a lot more like gambling).
I realized right then: This is shit was a joke (FTE). I was surrounded by "ants." Grown men lost in the abyss, they were comfortable (SlowLaners). I knew if I stayed, the mediocrity would drown me.
I went home, the next day later found Jordan Welch on YouTube, which led me to The Millionaire Fastlane . I read it during my senior year classes. It was the first time someone understood my pain. MJ DeMarco changed my vision. Thank you @MJ DeMarco .
I wasted months hunting for a mentor until some "expert" tried to charge me $2,000 for a lifetime pass. I asked if coaching was his only income and he said "Yes." That’s the ultimate guru scam: a "wealth builder" who only makes money by selling you the dream. It’s a joke when a $15 DeMarco book is cheaper than a Big Mac while it delivers more raw value than a $2,000 pitch from a parasite. I realized then that real success is found in the process, not in some overpriced "inner circle" run by a vulture feeding on your hopes and dreams.
My car broke down and I almost fell for the dealership trap. I was about to finance a replacement when I remembered DeMarco’s rule: if you have to think about it, you can't afford it. I walked away. A week later, my boss cut my hours and I lost control of my income. If I’d signed that paperwork, I’d be drowning in parasitic debt right now a high interest slave to a car I couldn’t even pay for. It’s crazy how the universe works; that one decision saved me from trading my freedom for a monthly payments (Indentured Time).
I came across many obstacles while starting my journey; I was stuck in the
Entrepreneurial Paradox, I was lost. throwing money at Sidewalk gimmicks like dropshipping because I fell for the "free course" trap. Yes I know, who the hell reads TMFL and decides to do drop shipping? I quickly realized I was violating the Commandment of "Entry" If everyone is doing the exact same thing, you don't have a business; you have a lottery ticket. I wanted Control, so I pivoted to web building. But even then, I got smoked by competitors who moved faster with apps while I was stuck in the mud coding with WordPress.
I transitioned to coding with flutter, I hesitated to use AI, fearing I'd lose Control, until I stumbled across a thread MJ’s take on the "Window of Opportunity." Just like blogging in 2010 or FBA in 2015, we are in a phase where early adopters make millions before the window slams shut. I stopped overthinking and decided to ride the wave. I’m using AI as leverage to build my platform at Fastlane speed. This was my Entrepreneurial Paradox and I just killed it by executing.
Now? I’ve pivoted. I’m building a SaaS platform. Yes I know. Not the "AI slop" but I’m using AI as leverage, not the product. The thinking is mine; the speed is AI. I validated the market using the principles on this forum, and I’m executing.
Some people love AI; others hate it. That Polarization doesn't matter to me. What matters is that AI is the current Window of Opportunity to reach your destination faster than ever. If you use it the right way for validating, executing, and building you can bring your imagination to life in seconds instead of years. It’s an early adaptive tool that you must take advantage of now. If you wait, it’ll end up like blogging or YouTube saturated and useless for the latecomers.
I'm not using it to generate "slop"; I'm using it to kill the manual labor of coding and creating. The thinking is mine, but the speed is AI. It takes what used to be months of building and compresses it into minutes. You can either argue about the ethics of the tool or you can use it to build your Money Tree. I chose to build. Thank you for the discussion @TheWiseGuy
Here is the breakdown of the lessons and mindset from my story that helped me into the Fastlane of 2025. (Principles From the Forum)
PART 1: THE MENTAL MODELS (Breaking the Script)
MJ uses specific models to explain why we get stuck. I had to learn these to understand why my boss will always be in that Camry and why the Urus owner is free.1. The Paradigm Scheme (The Invisible Trap)
The Paradigm Scheme is the default script society installs in you.-Go to school.
-Get good grades.
-Get a "safe" job.
-Retire when you're too old to enjoy it.
It’s a scheme because you never opted in. You are rewarded for obedience, not value creation. Most people don’t fail because they are lazy; they fail because they are playing a game rigged against them. If you don’t choose your paradigm, someone else will. You're The Driver Not the Passenger, Take the Steering Will and it Will lead you to Desirable Places.
2. The Pyramid Scheme (The Reality of Value)
This isn't an illegal scam; it's how money actually moves.-Bottom: Consumers/Employees.
-Middle: Managers.
-Top: Owners, Creators, Controllers.
Money flows UP to those who control value and distribution. You don't climb this pyramid by working harder or being loyal. You climb it by owning systems and solving problems that scale.
PART 2: THE EXECUTION (How I Validated)
I stopped guessing. validated my current SaaS project app before writing a single line of code.The Process I Used:
- The Idea Framework: I didn't try to "invent" something new. I asked: "What group of people has a specific problem?" "Competitors who had core leaks' (This was my "Value Skew")
- The Problem List: I looked for unique needs for my niche. What are people complaining about? I searched forums, Reddit, and 1-star reviews.
- The Interaction List: I looked at how everyday tasks affect these problems.
- The Test: I didn't build the whole app. I tested the offer first.
PART 3: THE PROTOCOL (My Advice from 2025)
Based on my journey from the tire shop to where I am heading, here are the rules I live by. These are non negotiable.Avoid Corporate Job's (First Mistake)
This was my first mistake. Working a corporate job drains your soul. You are surrounded by people who have given up. MJ mentions that Sylvester Stallone never worked a corporate job because he knew it would kill his dream. Corporate jobs are "headwinds." They leave you with no energy to work on your business when you get home. Get out.
Chase Discomfort
The couch is where dreams go to die in a slow, comfortable rot. If you’re sitting there wondering why success hasn’t knocked on your door, it’s because you’re waiting for an "event" while ignoring the brutal process required to get there. Comfort is a trap; it’s the velvet lined cage of the "Slowlane." True opportunities are disguised as problems, stress, and heavy lifting things you can't see while you're distracted by a screen. You have to get out, lean into the friction, and hunt for the "pain points" other people are too lazy to solve. Stop being a spectator in someone else’s success story. If it doesn’t challenge you, it won't change your bank account.
Learn The "Hard" Skills
I stopped trying to outsource everything. I sat down and learned to code websites and apps. I learned how LLMs actually work. If you can’t build your vision, you are at the mercy of someone who can. I am becoming a builder, not just an "idea guy." I'm using Artificial Intelligence to execute my visions "Ui Structures".It’s counter intuitive, but difficulty is the opportunity. If it's easy, everyone is doing it (like drop shipping). Difficulty = High Barriers to Entry = Less Competition. If a problem is hard to solve, that's exactly where the money is.
Kill The Alibis (Cause and Effect)
My coworkers at the tire shop had an excuse for everything. "I'm too old," "The economy is bad," "The rich are lucky." Excuses are the comfort food of the poor. I asked myself: Do I want the result (Freedom/Money) or do I want to be right about why I can't have it? You can have excuses or you can have progress. You cannot have both.Stop Worshipping Politicians
It blows my mind how many people think a politician is going to save them. You have one life, and You hand the keys over to some guy in a suit on TV? That is infantile. I realized that arguing about politics is a low value activity. MJ said it best: "People waiting in line for a free hamburger don't value their time". The same applies to people arguing on Twitter about the election. If the system is corrupt, I’ll move or I’ll navigate it. But I won't waste my energy complaining about it.Become A Polymath (The Stack)
I am not just learning one thing. I am stacking skills day by day.-Coding
-Sales
-Psychology
-Design By combining these, I become unique. A developer who can't sell is an employee. A salesman who can't build is a middleman. A guy who can do both is dangerous.
Embrace The Solitude
This is the hardest part. I am 19, and I have effectively lost all my friends. No partying. No hanging out. I realized that if I want a 1% life, I can't do 99% things. I sacrificed the "fun" of my teenage years to secure the freedom of my adult years. It gets lonely, but the alternative is staying behind.Efficiency Over "Busyness"
Graduated from high school got a scholarship from GCU, decided not to move with it and head straight into fire academy knowing this path will help me execute and save more time to focus on my business. I calculated the ROI. spending 4 years learning business might make me a better employee, but it won't teach me how to build a business. I have 24 hours within a day. I need to spend them on actions that directly move the needle. Human encyclopedias don't get paid (Holy Trinity). Problem solvers get paid.NETWORK
Networking isn't about "grabbing coffee" it’s about killing your Slowlane Echo Chamber. When I walked up to that Urus owner, I was hunting for a Value Signal. You need to surround yourself with Producers who have actually mastered Scale to audit your own BS. If you’re the smartest person in the room, you’re in a room full of ants. Use this forum as an example of networking.
Further Your Education
The biggest mistake you can make after high school is letting your education stall. Whether you choose a college degree, or self teaching, treat it as an Asset, not a destination. I realized I had to stop being a Human Encyclopedia and start building a Polymath Stack. Read books that solve actual problems, not just for "motivation." (Mental Masturbation) If you go to college, use it as a tool to gain Hard Skills and Human Capital that give you Control. If your "learning" doesn't directly water your Money Tree, you’re just wasting your time.
Mandatory Escape Number
Avoid drawing a salary; that is a 'Slow Lane' distinction. Instead, do this: Once you’ve validated and hit the 1k mark, Purchase an LLC, then Calculate the Escape Plan, (Recommended). You aren't building a "job" you’re building an Asset for a Liquidity Event. Engineer for Control from Day 1 so you can sell the (Money Tree) once it matures. Without an Exit Strategy, you don’t own a business; you own a high stress lifestyle. Build to sell, or you’re just an employee of your own creation.
Remember to keep your execution precise, remember the mathematical foundation of your journey:
Wealth=Net Profit+Asset Value
-Net Profit: (Units Sold × Unit Profit) — This is your Scale and Magnitude.
-Asset Value: (Net Profit × Industry Multiple) — This is your Exit Strategy (The Liquidity Event).
The Passion Trap: Follow Need, Not "Love"
"Follow your passion" is a selfish, Scripted lie that ignores the Commandment of Need. The market doesn't pay for your hobbies; it pays for Value and the resolution of Friction. Wealth isn't found in what you love, but in what solves a problem at Scale. When you chase your passion, you often turn a joy into a soul sucking "job." Instead, chase Difficulty and Market Gripes. You don’t need to love the product; you need to be obsessed with the Purpose building a Money Tree that buys your total freedom. Do what the market requires so you can eventually do whatever you want.Avoid Headwinds
To reach the Fastlane, you must first break free from society’s gravitational pull. Most people are "Scripted" anchors toxic friends, doubting family, and soul crushing jobs that create massive friction on your journey. These are Headwinds designed to keep you stationary. Stop trying to convince the skeptics and just cut the dead weight. When you turn your back on their disbelief, that resistance stops being a drag and starts becoming your accelerant.Once you’ve cleared the air, find your Tailwinds. You need to associate with people who empower your goals and invest in your vision. These individuals aren't just motivational fuel; they are Conduits that extend your opportunity reach and nurture your growth through the inevitable failures of the process. Good people create the wind at your back that builds unstoppable momentum. Break the pull, kill the headwinds, and use your conduits to reach the destination faster.
Entrepreneur
I didn’t really know what an entrepreneur was until I became one. I hesitated, terrified and alone, with nothing but a few books to guide me. But I jumped anyway. I forced myself out of my comfort zone and became a "problem by problem basis" using polymath to teach myself whatever skill the next obstacle demanded.I learned fast that ideas are worthless without execution. Instead of waiting , I looked for a real problem. Even with competitors in the space, I saw their weaknesses and decided to build something better. Since I was short on cash, I used my "along the way" skills web design and SEO to help fund my vision. It’s harder than it looks, but that’s the trade off. We use the skills we pick up in the journey to build our future. Failure isn’t a dead end; it’s part of the process. If it’s worth anything, it’s going to be a long, complicated series of execution steps. Stop pushing toward success and start pulling: build something the market will come to you for, because you are finally filling a real NEED.
The Anti-Propaganda Protocol
-Kill the "Hyperreality": Politics, mainstream news, and "AI Slop" are weapons of mass distraction. They steal your Time the only asset you can’t earn back.
-Reject "Temporal Prostitution": Stop the 5-for-2 trade. If you're selling your soul to a boss in a 300k-mile Camry, you're living in Indentured Time. Every hour belongs to your Human Capital, not someone else’s bottom line.
-Ignore the "Frugality Scam": You can't skip lattes your way to a Lambo. Cheapness is defense; the Fastlane is Offense. Stop penny pinching and start focusing on Scale and Magnitude.
-Audit the "Gurus": Ignore the TikTok kids and Instagram high-ticket sellers peddling the "fake life" through $2k courses. They aren’t Producers; they are parasites selling you a dream they didn't live. If they were making millions in their "system," they wouldn't need your $997 for a mentorship.
-Identify "Mental Masturbation": Hustle porn and "educational" videos are emotional comfort. If the info doesn’t lead to Execution, it’s just propaganda making you feel productive while you're standing still.
The Bottom Line: If the information doesn't water your Money Tree or solve a Market Need, it’s a distraction.
Create MOATS
I realized that in the AI SaaS space, if your app is easy to clone, you don’t have a business. I stopped chasing “easy” and started building a real moat by tackling the complexity my competitors are too lazy to touch. If you’re aligning the product with the app, you can shift from a one off tool to a brand with actual recurring revenue. Then, after lock in, a trademark protects territory; that’s a Fastlane moat a copycat can’t just steal with a better prompt. If it’s hard to do, it’s hard to copy.
Final Word:
The Final Breakthrough: Solving the Paradoxes
If you are reading this and you feel stuck, you are likely trapped in one of two loops I had to break:-The Paradigm Paradox: You’re trying to solve new age problems with a Slow lane brain. You have to "go back to zero" and realize that your old ideas of "hard work" don't apply to scale.
-The Entrepreneur Paradox: You think you need "one more book" or "one more video" before you're ready. You don't. Information is emotional comfort; Execution is the only thing that pays.
You need to strip away the distractions (Headwinds) and execute on the hard work.
Don't chase the money. Chase the difficulty, Chase Problems, Pivot, Execute, Take Action, Read, Explore, Create new Habits, and Further Your education.
The Lesson: Stop being a student of the game and start being the creator. The market doesn't reward who knows the most; it rewards who solves the most.
I am not writing this from the finish line. I am writing this while i'm still executing my app. I’ve seen the alternative. I’ve seen the 40 year old men , broken and bitter, waiting for a pension that won't cover their rent.
Don't ask "How do I make money?"
Ask "What system can I own that solves a real problem?"
Plant the system, water with execution, let it grow into freedom. (The Money Tree)
Yes this is my exact 2025 blue print from my Fastlane Journal, Yes I've used AI to Clean This Up for Me.
Thank you for taking the time to read this. Linked some insights Hope these could help.
This was as much that I could fit in. If there's any information you can fill or Correct, Feel the need to do so.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Last edited:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
