The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What are the three best purchases you made in the last 3 years?

MoreVolume

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Oct 6, 2016
NC
So you've gotten results from advertising on one? Do you track by a customer code I'm guessing? Care to share an data/results?
Most definitely
Sales were indeed tracked with a unique discount code

The first time around was in May. Paid $2K for the advertising. Show was uploaded to Soundcloud and Youtube Tuesday morning. $9k (and change) was made from Tuesday to Tuesday, including $4K ($4,014.86 ) on that first day, which was a record. There was also an increase in sales from Amazon, but there is no way to verify who heard the podcast since there arent any coupons codes.

Sales using that code continued for a good 2 months, decreasing in frequency with time. At the end of June, total sales using that code were $18,580.05 (Shopify analytics)
The ad starts at the 00:47 second mark
https://soundcloud.com/flagrant2podcast%2Flakers-gm-is-a-pathological-liar View: https://soundcloud.com/flagrant2podcast/lakers-gm-is-a-pathological-liar

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoJ3TNLYjGs

I can definitely say that the ad spot raised the profile of the product, and most importantly, added more repeat customers, and members on our mailling lists (who recieve updates on annual sales)

My company re-upped with them last month, and while sales haven't matched the figures from earlier in the year, the investment ($4,500) was recouped in a matter of days, and of course there are more repeat customers and members on our mailing list

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
Most definitely
Sales were indeed tracked with a unique discount code

The first time around was in May. Paid $2K for the advertising. Show was uploaded to Soundcloud and Youtube Tuesday morning. $9k (and change) was made from Tuesday to Tuesday, including $4K ($4,014.86 ) on that first day, which was a record. There was also an increase in sales from Amazon, but there is no way to verify who heard the podcast since there arent any coupons codes.

Sales using that code continued for a good 2 months, decreasing in frequency with time. At the end of June, total sales using that code were $18,580.05 (Shopify analytics)
The ad starts at the 00:47 second mark
https://soundcloud.com/flagrant2podcast%2Flakers-gm-is-a-pathological-liar View: https://soundcloud.com/flagrant2podcast/lakers-gm-is-a-pathological-liar

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoJ3TNLYjGs

I can definitely say that the ad spot raised the profile of the product, and most importantly, added more repeat customers, and members on our mailling lists (who recieve updates on annual sales)

My company re-upped with them last month, and while sales haven't matched the figures from earlier in the year, the investment ($4,500) was recouped in a matter of days, and of course there are more repeat customers and members on our mailing list

That's awesome. This is the first I've heard of podcast ads generating a decent ROI.

Most of the time I hear of larger companies investing in them, and that usually means inflated prices because they don't really invest for direct response, and throw tons of money at branding.

Do you think this strategy is scalable up into 7-figures of business?

Voice Angel

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Aug 12, 2019
1. Trips to visit family (or with family)
2. Gifts for family
3. High-powered blender for smoothies

Runners up are movie tickets for Marvel movies, tickets for rock shows, my mic and Studio One workstation.

YoungPadawan

Miles to go before I sleep
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
280%
Nov 7, 2015
My German Shepherd pup, Marley.

Sprocket

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Mar 7, 2018
UK
My cockapoo pup -
A private diagnosis for my daughter (adhd)
Crypto (so far!)

LuckyPup

Opportunity + Preparation = Success
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Aug 2, 2012
Midwest USA
Generally, what are 2-4 things you've bought hat have been well worth every penny?

Excluding Fastlane books (because I know half or more of you would rightfully call that book one)

Mine:
  1. Plugin Bidet(I got a tushy)
    • You really don't know what you're missing out on and how gross it is to not use one until you have it
  2. Electric Bike
    • I've put 1000+ miles on this thing in a year. It's awesome to get around and get exercise when I want it
  3. Audible subscription
    • My throughput for knowledge consumption probably tripled. I can listen to books exercising, commuting, folding laundry...

So -- what are yours?
1. Hookers
2. Blow
3. Lawyer

I'm kidding. The hookers and blow were a gift.

AdamUK

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Sep 14, 2018
Clarke's waterproof shoes with cushion plus tech - 2 years hard use and still comfy!
One plus 5t - best phone owned since the oneplus one
B&O Bluetooth speakers

Thinh

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
Aug 11, 2018
Oh, I just said this to myself recently a few times in the last years, like literally "damn, this is the best purchase I made this year."
  • Bose QC35. The sound quality and noise reduction are fantastic, which allow me to get in the zone, focus, relax or block out noise. Makes meditating, working, sleeping much better/easier.
  • Philips One Blade. The kind of gear that makes you tell yourself: how the hell did I do without it before? Reduces the time for shaving by 3x and shaving gel/foam and after lotion not needed anymore. To be fair, I'm Asian, so I don't have a huge beard to trim/shave. But it definitely speeds up the process.
  • MacBook Pro 2016. Despite the infamous keyboard issues (which I encountered but Apple replaced it for free), I'm using it every single day for several hours and it's still going strong, not showing any sign of fatigue.
Honorable mention to Spotify. This app just works, fluidly across all devices, it's a joy to use.

Andy Bell

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Feb 10, 2019
Zihuantanejo
1. UK contract lawyer on Flippa found a loophole to get me out of the thumb of a contractor that was not performing
2. Patio hanging hammock with mosquito netting - lovereading in this thing
3. Services of 3 new fulltime employees to automate portions of my business

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Threads like this always end up costing me money. :oops::rofl:

PMalhotra

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Dec 9, 2019
Everything that I have brought from Amazon this year from the Diwali sale.

Paleo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Mar 3, 2014
I bought very little this year outside of reinvesting in my business. But:

Nutrabulletpro: Simple to use, compact , powerful blender that makes it easy to mix up any kind of veggie or fruit smoothie. I usually have a smoothie as my meal for either breakfast or lunch, which is effective at preventing weight creep.

Heyday Speaker: Nice portable little Bluetooth speaker that has good sound for its size.

Le Creuset- I bought the next to largest size braiser and Dutch oven. Best cookware I've ever bought. Fantastic for roasting, stews, soups, braising, frying. The way they hold and emanate heat is superior- food comes out amazing. East to clean. Accept no substitute.

Dartagnan.com: Organic, farm-to-table meats, poultry, charcuterie and fungi. Great quality, ships overnight and arrives nicely packaged. This week we made wild boar shanks braised in pear cider with sherried creamed forest mushrooms on toast. Still have plenty of sausages, bacon and mushrooms in the refrigerator.

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
MacBook Pro 2016. Despite the infamous keyboard issues (which I encountered but Apple replaced it for free), I'm using it every single day for several hours and it's still going strong, not showing any sign of fatigue.

my 2018 keyboard breaks every month or so. You’re very fortunate it was only once!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
Jan 13, 2014
Burr Coffee Grinder
Microsoft Surface Laptop
Trophy Wife Hemp Flower

reedracer

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
172%
Jun 2, 2019
Kansas City
  1. The InstaPot I'd forgotten how great pressure cookers were.
  2. Samsung Galaxy J8. I needed dual-sims and this has them plus a forever battery for$300
  3. Trek Marlin 6 29er. For a $600 bike, I can roll over anything all day long.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.