The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What are the three best purchases you made in the last 3 years?

Seth G.

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
286%
Oct 30, 2018
Tri-State Area
Generally, what are 2-4 things you've bought hat have been well worth every penny?

Excluding Fastlane books (because I know half or more of you would rightfully call that book one)

Mine:
  1. Plugin Bidet (I got a tushy)
    • You really don't know what you're missing out on and how gross it is to not use one until you have it
  2. Electric Bike
    • I've put 1000+ miles on this thing in a year. It's awesome to get around and get exercise when I want it
  3. Audible subscription
    • My throughput for knowledge consumption probably tripled. I can listen to books exercising, commuting, folding laundry...

So -- what are yours?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
I've been lifting for around 4 years and I've achieved mediocre results. I decided enough was enough and just paid someone who looked like what I wanted to look like to create a 1) bodybuilding routine for me & walk me through weak points. It was around $600 total. I've had several people tell me that I'm getting bigger and I hit a few PRs with him.

Key takeaway: if you don't know what you're doing, pay someone who does to tell you what to do. And don't wait 4 years to do it.

2) $200 shoes that helped correct my duck feet.

Edit: Since people asked - I got these guys Brooks Ghost 12 - Reviews by 37 Runners & Experts with a Birkenstock insole (forget the specific type, but they were around $60) from Happy Feet. The insoles help a lot.

It doesn't 100% cure them as it still takes some mindfulness to keep my feet straight while standing, but they help considerably while walking and they are very comfortable.

3) A metal water bottle from Amazon for $20. I drink a lot more water now simply because the water bottle makes it easier.

I might revise this list later, but these are purchases that stand out to me.

Last edited:

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
1. AirPods

2. Engagement ring

3. Cruise vacation

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
1. AirPods

2. Engagement ring

3. Cruise vacation

Congrats!

For me...

A divorce mediator (as opposed to an attorney. If you gotta, this was the much better way to go).
Tickets to Europe
Tickets to Dallas

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
Generally, what are 2-4 things you've bought hat have been well worth every penny?

Excluding Fastlane books (because I know half or more of you would rightfully call that book one)

Mine:
  1. Plugin Bidet(I got a tushy)
    • You really don't know what you're missing out on and how gross it is to not use one until you have it
  2. Electric Bike
    • I've put 1000+ miles on this thing in a year. It's awesome to get around and get exercise when I want it
  3. Audible subscription
    • My throughput for knowledge consumption probably tripled. I can listen to books exercising, commuting, folding laundry...

So -- what are yours?
I'm into my Audible too...
BUT the best thing I've ever bought is my freedom and my independence. Being financially independent in a world where most people are slaves to their jobs, bosses, and debts is the best thing in the world. When I was young, I was working long hours and going to school while the people around were partying. They made fun of me. They told me I needed to get a life. While they were taking their high dollar vacations via their credit cards, I was saving and investing. They thought I was crazy. I told them that I just had good habits. I worked all week -- at an average of 60 to 70 hours. And I had a good career. Then every Sunday morning I went to my rentals and I mowed the lawns for my tenants. And I cheerfully said good morning to every grumpy one of them. They had spent their Saturday nights drinking while I was preparing for the following week. To them, I had no fun at all. ( I kept reminding them that I also didn't have the fun of a hangover either.)
BUT, now they don't laugh at me. I retired at 49. Years later, I'm still working hard every day. Now it's my choice. It's what I know how to do. I still mow lawns for my tenants, but now it's on my antique 8N tractor with my brush hog. Sometimes, someone will ask me how I did it. I just shrug and tell them that I worked hard. Why should I tell them my magic formula?

Benji90

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Nov 3, 2019
1. My car (£500 and it's lasted 2 years and still going strong) - also always wanted one and I love it.

2. Mattress, current slowlane job as a mechanic, and renting a place for two years with a terrible mattress that the landlord wouldn't replace led me to develop a chronic bad back, moved into a new place in may spending £1500 on a mattress - absolutely heaven! Anyone suffering from a bad back I'd reccomend a high end mattress.

3. Two week trip to Hong Kong with my girlfriend - grew up poor as hell so the last holiday I had I was 10, took me 18 years to get a passport and go abroad and HK was amazing, now I want to travel for a year.

That list tells me how simple my needs are!

PureA

Winners never quit
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
347%
Dec 24, 2013
Bali
1. Macbook 2015 top spec
2. QC35 headphones
3. Kindle Oasis

Honourable mentions go to airpods, mattress, external monitor, nice chair/desk, reading chair, spa membership.

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
1. $2500 minivan to replace my old work van ($1300 4 years ago) that finally bit the dust.... after me saying I was going to move on from it for a year, it finally made me. But guess what? I sold it for $400!

2. I bought outdoor lighting for our house, my 3 sisters and a friend.

3. I don't think I bought anything else... except Dr. Peppers & honey buns @Primeperiwinkle :)

uroz

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Dec 2, 2016
the ones that stand our for me
going on a mongol rally - a wish i had for nearly 10 years. not exactly mongol rally but taking a shit car and driving it half the world which in essence is mongol rally.
finally buying a proper road bicycle, getting in shape and eating healthy. because going uphill is hard if you are overweight. it even spawned a business idea im pursuing now.

MattR82

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
300 bucks on a pair of indestructible Ray Bans.

Boxing gloves

Large monitor I bought from @GoodluckChuck that still fits in a backpack lol. Seriously how the hell was I working on a small laptop prior to that I'll never know.

Sean P

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Jul 4, 2014
Can't do without these and I use them everyday:

Smartphone
Power bank
Audio Technica headphones

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Another similar thread, the value thread is here.

Some great things listed there that I actually bought (the ear buds).

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
247%
Jun 29, 2011
I genuinely can't think of one thing I've bought worth every penny, but I don't buy much stuff and have a terrible memory, so...

Edit: I lied. Brickell face wash was worth every penny.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
Car, bought new 420000km ago, to earn my money
spotify, to enjoy my drive time
dirt bike, to enjoy my time of life

edith: the working car is 14 years ago, doesn’t count
dirt bike is 5 years, doesn’t count

so, its the trip to Greece
spotify
the 2 two bottles Jameson and Redbreast to enjoy with my wife and my friends

Last edited:

MitchM

Act. Then Adapt.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
228%
Nov 15, 2016
Atlanta, GA
1. Kindle

2. Dual external monitors with stands that I plug my laptop into for work (only paid $80 for each and it really makes me way more productive to be able to research on one side and take notes/create spreadsheets on the other)

3. Probably my 2015 macbook air.

Honorable mention: my redwing boots.

Lee Ashby

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
92%
Sep 14, 2016
Ebikes for sure - I have way too many, (side hustle/hobby) but are so much fun.

Work wise - I like my 4 bay synology - makes accessing files, backing up and protecting data really easy and saves time. Plus you can learn more about technology with all its apps and capabilities.

Trips away and dining experiences I think are well worth it - can be done on any budget.

Bonus - 4. Training. on Udemy. for $50 I got some great extensive courses that are simply life changing, and will help me transition into the next phase of my business. That is stepping out from behind the scenes of my partner and I's counselling business, to be a coach / help existing clients further in their lives.

Great question.

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
1) Painting Certificate Program Classes, subsequent art supplies - like a kid in a candy store
2) Giant Desk.
3) iMac after my MacBook died, placed beautifully on my giant desk. Let's call it Alberto.

Alberto has plenty of room for the iMac, keyboard and big big empty space to work. And then some more space to the right where I put my toolbox. The iMac I love because I'm over with laptops, and the courses were all I expected and I was able to get back into the habit of painting, learned a lot and now I have a new friend that is interested in going to the coffee shop with me to draw/paint.

Tommo

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Jan 21, 2018
Perth Australia
Jack Chi puppy dog, heaps of fun.
Nissan X-Trail car.
Barista training.
Honorable mention to my second hand golf clubs.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
a weighted sled for the end of workouts (kicks my a$$)

larger ceramic knives for cooking (just get a bunch of them and a bunch of cutting boards)

fastlane meetups / trips (nothing has made as much difference as this. the knowledge. the friendships. the boot in the a$$ to get to work. HIGHLY recommended)

MoreVolume

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Oct 6, 2016
NC
- Manufacturing equipment upgrade (more units per day)
- Advertising slot on podcast
- Branded collar shirts from Vistaprint (for my employees. improved morale/motivation IMO)

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
- Advertising slot on podcast

So you've gotten results from advertising on one? Do you track by a customer code I'm guessing? Care to share an data/results?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.