The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.
Anything related to bitcoin, crypto, blockchain

PetePreneur

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jan 28, 2017
UK
So with this boom of cryptocurrencies, I've become interested in trying to spot newer coins that have some sort of a competitive advantage/differentiation to the bigger players such as Bitcoin and Ethereum.

I felt having a thread where we can point these out to each other might be quite useful. Ideally the coins would be under $10 or out of the top 20 for market cap and have something different about them.

Anybody got any on their radar?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
472%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
I put some money into ADA and watched it almost double today. That was kinda fun.

I just started today, I’m no expert. But the ones that I put money into were ADA, TRX and IOTA. Will be fun to watch

D

Deleted50669

I put some money into ADA and watched it almost double today. That was kinda fun.

I just started today, I’m no expert. But the ones that I put money into were ADA, TRX and IOTA. Will be fun to watch
Nice! What platform do you have to use to play in this playground?

mguerra

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Mar 23, 2015
Definetely watching this thread. I've read some interesting recomendations about STEEM. Seems promising and its still around $2. I'm buying some and ride the wave (I expect).

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
472%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
Nice! What platform do you have to use to play in this playground?

I’ve been using Binance for now. I’m playing a buy and hold strategy so I’m not planing on doing multiple trades.

Definetely watching this thread. I've read some interesting recomendations about STEEM. Seems promising and its still around $2. I'm buying some and ride the wave (I expect).

So, from the research I’ve done on Steem, they don’t seem to want it to be a big value coin. I dunno, from reading all of their info, they seem to be more about building a social network versus being a high dollar coin.

TinyTim

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
May 1, 2016
The World
Only holding the one alt. Well, one outside the top 20.

VeChain (VEN) - Currently $0.67 with a $185,591,702 market cap.

Looks to have a lot of potential. Undergoing a re-branding next month and currently partnered with a few billion dollar companies. Including - Renault, DIG, DNV GL, and BabyGhost.

"Within 5 years, we believe you’ll be able to scan a product in a store with NFC and see its entire history – who made it – what with – how it got here – and how long it took".

Other than Ven, I currently hold: Ethereum, Ripple, Cardano, Neo, and Omg. EOS and Iota have my attention.

Contrarian

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
583%
Nov 13, 2014
Jalisco, Mexico

Nice. I'm all aboard the ADA train too. Not invested in any other crypto. I just saw it as an opportunity to buy bargain basement equity in someone else's Fastlane which promises a massive value skew. Going to leave those Cardanos right in their wallet for years and just see what happens. :cool:

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
472%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
Nice. I'm all aboard the ADA train too. Not invested in any other crypto. I just saw it as an opportunity to buy bargain basement equity in someone else's Fastlane which promises a massive value skew. Going to leave those Cardanos right in their wallet for years and just see what happens. :cool:

Do it from your own research. I literally just started speculating in coin today. Ive done maybe, 3 or 4 days of research.

Don’t invest because I said so. Invest because you did the research and like what you see

Contrarian

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
583%
Nov 13, 2014
Jalisco, Mexico
Do it from your own research. I literally just started speculating in coin today. Ive done maybe, 3 or 4 days of research.

Don’t invest because I said so. Invest because you did the research and like what you see

I bought into ADA a few weeks ago. That said, this should be a warning sign displayed prominently on anything crypto-mania related.

PetePreneur

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jan 28, 2017
UK
Anybody know of any other coins using this tangle technology? Seems like it’s potentially better than blockchain?

D

Deleted50669

I just got into Litecoin @ $255 / LTC.

Because it is one of the 3 main coins traded on Coinbase, new investors are likely to trust it. It has a week high of $377.

mguerra

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Mar 23, 2015

What are the best indicators that a cryptocurrency is going to explode? Sorry for the newbie question... I'm really new on this and want to get good at recognizing those "patterns" ahead of the trend.

NewManRising

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Oct 30, 2017
Los Angeles
What are the best indicators that a cryptocurrency is going to explode? Sorry for the newbie question... I'm really new on this and want to get good at recognizing those "patterns" ahead of the trend.
I went to their websites and read about them. For instance, I looked up Ripple and Cardano and saw what kind of services they are doiing and planning to do. I also looked at their partners and their team. Read a little about their creators too. For me, it was just looking at all these factors and deciding if I like it and can see a future with it. It's really all just a gamble though. That's why you should only invest with what you are OK with losing.

Dan_Fastlane

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jan 3, 2017
World Citizen
VERGE, STELLAR LUMENS, NEM

scott wisniewsk

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
263%
Aug 23, 2007
wisconsin
My head is spinning from all my research , by Im focusing on 3rd gen coins right now .Really liking ADA so far but Im a long term hold guy .Im selling some of my gains for reinvesting ,this has been a fun ride so far!

BradD

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Oct 11, 2013
Ottawa
Incredible the amount of new coins hitting the market, and sure to increase.. can’t imagine (based on my limited knowledge of the space) that there’s enough room/applications for all of them. I fear many will be going to $0 :clench:

D

Deleted50669

Incredible the amount of new coins hitting the market, and sure to increase.. can’t imagine (based on my limited knowledge of the space) that there’s enough room/applications for all of them. I fear many will be going to $0 :clench:

Sounds like you should get into futures.

ALC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Jul 19, 2017
France
For you guys wanting to hold your coin, are you keeping everything on Coinbase/Binance or transferring that into a wallet or something ?

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
472%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
For you guys wanting to hold your coin, are you keeping everything on Coinbase/Binance or transferring that into a wallet or something ?

I left mine on binance. I know it’s not the safest, so I’m going to research more into wallets. I know I’m definitely not getting a hardware wallet, I have ~$500 in crypto, and the hardware wallets I’ve seen are $300+.

ALC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Jul 19, 2017
France
Ok thanks for the answers guys, is it normal that in Coinbase we can't invest in any others currencies than LTC/BTC/ETH..do i need to go on Binance ?

D

Deleted50669

Ok thanks for the answers guys, is it normal that in Coinbase we can't invest in any others currencies than LTC/BTC/ETH..do i need to go on Binance ?

That’s correct, coinbase is only the big 3 (although Litecoin is technically an altcoin).

Binance is for most other altcoins, as Scot mentioned.

powderhound100

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Apr 20, 2014
Req and XRB are interesting and worth checking out (let me know your thoughts.)

Ark and Lisk have potential. Also invested in Neo, Ripple, OMG and a bunch in IOTA if those count (they are in the top 20.)

RoadTrip

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 27, 2012
I left mine on binance. I know it’s not the safest, so I’m going to research more into wallets. I know I’m definitely not getting a hardware wallet, I have ~$500 in crypto, and the hardware wallets I’ve seen are $300+.
One of the most recommended hardware wallets, the nano ledger, is a lot cheaper than that

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.