The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What adding value actually looks like (real stats)...

Anything related to matters of the mind

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
442%
May 27, 2013
United States
If you are not using yet Google Tag Manager, it's a easier way to track all sort of events with analytics, without coding.
Tag Management Solutions for Web and Mobile - Google Tag Manager – Google

I want to track people who submit their email in a modal pop-up form.

Right now, I've got the form re-directing to a thank you page in order for me to track the arrival on that thank you page as the conversion.

Is there a way Google Tag Manager can track this conversion without me having to do the redirect?

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
You have no idea how much I'd appreciate this. Been struggling between different apps to find functionality vs. features, and I want to rip my hair out this point, and I'm using a sub-optimal solution.

If I could just track an event somehow like you said... that'd be brilliant
#ShutUpAndTakeMyMoney

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Bounce rate, time on site, and pages visited on site aren't KPIs at all. They tell very little.

Bounce rate could mean that people are leaving BECAUSE they got everything they needed. One little bit of info, boom they're gone. Low time on site and pages visited on site could mean the exact same thing.

Let's say you're dealing with an ecommerce site w/ a blog. High time on site and high pages visited probably means they fell into the content rabbit hole. If your content rabbit hole isn't converting customers, though, what you're looking at are vanity metrics that don't correspond to revenue.

People mistake them for KPIs when they restrict themselves to a single view of the number.
Damn true.
Reps+!
Likewise, if the online biz has to depend solely on KPIs for survival, it's not in good health.

And that's why I don't feel like adopting a content marketing strategy anytime soon. Maybe later...but not now. I still don't have much of a locus of control over that sect lol.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

dgr

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
271%
Feb 20, 2016
Spain
To give an example what some of these sites look like...

Corazón Tattoo Studio | Malta

This is not my usual profile of client but you can see how this might convert better over other competitors sites.
Oh, I forgot to say thanks for sharing real use cases!

Enviado desde mi MotoG3 mediante Tapatalk

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.