The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Vigilante's "Mind Your Business" Radio Show

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

vinylawesome

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Aug 11, 2012
I think you are hundred percent correct. Our primary demographic is people in the workforce that want to start their own business. However, to keep people from this forum tuning in, there will always be content that is relevant or at least interesting to Fastlaners. You may find some of the topics elementary, not unlike many of the threads that pop up on the forum. However, we will also be bringing you content that will not be heard anywhere else.

Rachel will be doing most of the interview with MJ next week. It will probably be less of an interview and more of a discussion. The people here on the forum have an opportunity to interact with MJ all of the time. And, most of you have read his book already. so while some of the content might be redundant for you, especially as it pertains to MJ and the essential Commandments of starting a business…it will be a good refresher for you on the reason you came to this forum to begin with.

Keep in mind a lot of what we take for granted here is new information to the majority of people that are in the listening audience.

I am thankful to each and everyone of you that listened to the show so far. Make it a regular habit on Saturdays as we will bring you content that should be entertaining for an entrepreneur
I think you are hundred percent correct. Our primary demographic is people in the workforce that want to start their own business. However, to keep people from this forum tuning in, there will always be content that is relevant or at least interesting to Fastlaners. You may find some of the topics elementary, not unlike many of the threads that pop up on the forum. However, we will also be bringing you content that will not be heard anywhere else.

Rachel will be doing most of the interview with MJ next week. It will probably be less of an interview and more of a discussion. The people here on the forum have an opportunity to interact with MJ all of the time. And, most of you have read his book already. so while some of the content might be redundant for you, especially as it pertains to MJ and the essential Commandments of starting a business…it will be a good refresher for you on the reason you came to this forum to begin with.

Keep in mind a lot of what we take for granted here is new information to the majority of people that are in the listening audience.

I am thankful to each and everyone of you that listened to the show so far. Make it a regular habit on Saturdays as we will bring you content that should be entertaining for an entrepreneur

I am thankful to each and everyone of you that listened to the show so far. Make it a regular habit on Saturdays as we will bring you content that should be entertaining for an entrepreneur. We entrepreneurs are a different breed than normal people.

I actually really enjoyed the show. The two host approach is great. The few entrepreneurial podcasts that I am familiar with have one host that is typically male. So the dual hosts, male and female should bring a fresh and different perspective to this genre. On a personal level I think people will respond well to the fact that you are a father and daughter. I think its cool when family can work together in such a professional manner. From what I have seen, It doesn't always work like that.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ExecutionisKing

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Jan 3, 2014
MI
Listened to the show this morning and really enjoyed it. Things I noticed were similar to what's been said already, such as:

-The 8 worst jobs segment was a little lengthy for me, but I didn't tune out at that spot, partly because I expecting some sort of emphatic conclusion. (Also wondered whether a majority of that list would be even a secondary target audience of this show?)

-INITIALLY, I had the same impression about your energy level as someone posted earlier; namely, that you were just really relaxed, and not quite as "into it" as you could be. But, I think this was my initial impression heavily due to the contrast with your daughter, who was enthusiastic, had great tone variation (imo) and just held my attention very well.
If broadcasting wasn't on the 8 worst jobs list, maybe she should be pursuing it... ;)

Later on though, I felt like as I got used to your voice, you weren't lacking passion on the subject, you were just very comfortable with the subjects and were speaking honestly/genuinely.
No big hook or drama was needed; you were speaking with a voice of experience, and I became well accustomed to that (and appreciated it) by the end of the show.

-Liked the interview with Sal. Would've liked more details as far as process goes, but I have different motives than most; I'm not after just taking advantage of someone's blood/sweat/tears investment in their business (though I absolutely appreciate and eat up insights from people with experience gained from process), but I like to use it as a sort of negative motivator (word for that?).
I like to have examples of success in front of me, see all the work they went through, and tell myself that I can never be like that unless I'm willing to do the same. Something along the lines of "if you're not willing to lose it all, you're not willing to gain it all."
The bit about doing paperwork until his eyes were bleeding was a good example of this for me.

The part where Sal called the Tank back was really neat. Seemed like a great illustration of the push-pull success theory MJ mentioned a while back, as far as pushing for success with no luck, as opposed to success that you've found a way to create drawing in investors/sponsors, etc.

Overall though, I enjoyed it and thought it was well done (especially for the first show) and I will definitely be tuning in next week!

Last edited:

amk

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Mar 18, 2014
Just had a chance to listen now -- I really liked it, great job! Like anything, I'm sure a lot of hard, difficult work went into what seems like just an hour long recording.

I'll definitely be tuning in each week.

My 2 cents on the show:

1. Make it easier to find the show. I had to come here, find the thread, sift through the posts, to get the link. Email list? Sounds stupid since it's available every Saturday at noon, but an email reminding me "its available" and a link to click on would actually be nice.

2. Like someone else mentioned, I too got a little bored before/after Sal's interview. Easy for us to say, though.

3. It felt a little too forced "professional" at times. I think a totally loose approach would be better. Does your daughter actually call you Dave?

4. I was hoping for more interaction between you and Rachel. You both took turns talking, but talked little to each other. You could fill some before/after the guest time with you two discussing something that maybe she just learned in college and you know from real-world experience. Maybe discuss her decision going to college at all? A lot of entrepreneurs think college is a waste of time and money -- surely you guys had some talks about it. I'd be interested in hearing you guys discuss things like that -- the father/daughter team is something unique that I can't get from any other business/entrepreneur podcast.

Again, great job and can't wait to listen next week!

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Done! Good Luck! Are you MN Based?

When I am not in Hawaii. I prefer to think I am Hawaii based with some long working stretches in Minnesota.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Who is pumped to listen to MJ next Saturday on Mind Your Business?

fastlanePictorial1.gif

TedLax

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Oct 16, 2014
When I am not in Hawaii. I prefer to think I am Hawaii based with some long working stretches in Minnesota.
Sounds awesome! I am from MN so it's always cool to see people from this neck of the woods doing big things. :)

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Ted... What city?

evlttwin

It's A Long Way To The Top....
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
Feb 13, 2013
Southern California
I listen to podcasts streaming to my phone at (or on the way) to work. I use Beyondpod (for Android) and i use Stitcher if i am on an Iphone. Some people use Itunes

Did a search for Mind Your Business but it doesn't come up. You may want to get into whatever podcast aggregator that they use for maximum listenership.

Just a thought.

http://theaudacitytopodcast.com/tap069-top-podcast-directories-and-how-to-get-in-them/

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
They will be moving everything onto iTunes next week. Thanks for the heads up. Distribution is huge part of the success in this new arena.

Thanks also for the great link. Just passed that on to our technical guys.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
By the way… For those that like the show if you would do me the honor of posting it to your Facebook page in anticipation of MJ coming on the show this weekend… I would appreciate your vote of support to your friends.

The best would probably be to post a link to our Facebook page :

https://www.facebook.com/mybusinesslive

along with a note to your friends to tell them to check out the show, especially this coming Saturday at 12PM central time.

Thank you.

randomnumber314

speed of a drunk camel
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Jan 7, 2014
Minnesoooota,USA
How far in advance do you tape the show?

I think the show is good. I would have liked to hear more of Sal's process. I think that comes from people sort of forgetting the past--it's all a blur--and they take for granted how hard they actually worked at doing x, y, or z. I had someone ask me some specific questions about my most recent venture and it occurred to me that although it was only a few months ago, I had sort of forgotten how some things were at the time--how I felt, if I was nervous, how I handled stuff. I think it comes from our ability to find a new normal so quickly, that we forget how things used to be.

Not sure if that was helpful or wasteful insight, hope it helped. I look forward to Saturday's show.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Quit your job. Start your life.™ Mind Your Business, Saturdays on Twin Cities News Talk.

http://www.twincitiesnewstalk.com/media/podcast-mind-your-business-mindyourbusiness/

Don't forget this Saturday's show features MJ DeMarco. He and Rachel will talk about what constitutes a Fast Lane business. For those of you who are fans of MJ's, some of it will be a refresher for you as the show reaches out to a brand new audience. It will be fun to hear directly from the boss himself.

I also briefly described how to start an import business with little to no money, and no experience. We didn't have time to do a deep dive on that, but you can read several threads here on the forum from @JAJT @Walter Hay @Kak @biophase and many more. If anyone has some spare time, please create a post linking all of the critical "how to start an import business" threads into one "directory" post.

And, for our haters out there, I stuck in a little subliminal message at the very end of the show.

The show will be available online for streaming or downloading at 12PM Central time. We're just now getting it onto the iHeartMedia catalog, and it should be available there and on iTunes also starting some time next week. Meanwhile, you can bookmark the show page now at
http://www.twincitiesnewstalk.com/media/podcast-mind-your-business-mindyourbusiness/

Iwokeup

Aut viam invenium aut faciam
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 23, 2014
The East Coast
Good first show!

I'm with the others who cannot wait until it's listed in iTunes and the other podcast aggregators. That way it's easier to stream on my phone.

Logan.H

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jun 29, 2014
I live in Richfield and work all over the twin cities. I am a lacrosse coach that does private training so I spend time at different venues all over the city.

Awesome. Nice to see another lacrosse person around here.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
►►SHOW NOW LIVE FOR SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 1, 2014◄◄

MJ DeMarco, best selling author of The Millionaire Fastlane, joins us for a discussion of the fast lane commandments for starting a successful business.

Also, how to start a business for $400 or less.

Listen now or download it for later!

Jakeeck

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Jun 24, 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
Great show this week!

Vig, I thought you did a fantastic job hosting this week. I also loved the intro music. Last week's intro music was the same kind of stuff you hear before every business podcast.

I liked that you gave people things they could use from the get-go by telling them how to start their own business by purchasing from Alibaba and doing product research.

And then of course MJ was terrific, a great refresher for being reminded of the commandments, and his life story was short and contained all the juicy parts.

Nothing felt like it went on for too long.

Overall, great work!

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
We brought the overall length of the show down to 40m, based on some feedback here and based on the fact that we consistently need to get the content down to 40 minutes for live broadcast purposes.

Thanks a ton for your comments, and for listening to the show.

KLaw

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
Aug 4, 2012
ohio
Last edited by a moderator:

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Last edited by a moderator:

evlttwin

It's A Long Way To The Top....
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
Feb 13, 2013
Southern California
The 2 things I took from this :

Create a process that can run without you, not a job.

Provide a value focus with your business, not a money focus. The money will always follow value.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
The first concept I ever took away from MJ (and Tim Ferriss) is to detach money from income. Yesterday I sat at the track and bet on horses while money continued flowing in.

It's not that you then don't ever have to work.... it's just that you can then work from where ever, when ever, and however.

My biggest take away from the Millionaire Fast Lane is to be able to detach time from income --- sets you free.

I work from Hawaii, work from the track, work from home, and work from my office. And while I am not working, the cash is still flowing in. 24-7. My business is active when I am there, and passive when I am not.

Bricklayers only make money while they are laying bricks.

vinylawesome

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Aug 11, 2012
The show was great!

I loved that you contrasted the how to with the interview.

I think this episode encompassed the entire Fastlane ideals. Someone could take the initial idea of importing products using Alibaba and build a business within the framework of The Millionaire Fastlane : Need + Entry + Control + Scale + Time = Fastlane Business.

All of this within a 40 minute episode!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.