The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Vigilante's "Mind Your Business" Radio Show

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
The show was great!

I loved that you contrasted the how to with the interview.

I think this episode encompassed the entire Fastlane ideals. Someone could take the initial idea of importing products using Alibaba and build a business within the framework of The Millionaire Fastlane : Need + Entry + Control + Scale + Time = Fastlane Business.

All of this within a 40 minute episode!

Do me a favor if you are on Facebook and share the link with your friends.

I am thankful you listened, and for your comments.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

KLaw

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
Aug 4, 2012
ohio
I enjoyed the show today. I actually folded and hung 2 loads of laundry while listening. I liked your short and very actionable advice at the start of the show. MJ's portion was great as well. I like when you guys use examples to support your opinions (brick layer, cat chasing). You and your Daughter make a great team. Keep up the good work.

P3HSB

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Sep 27, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
Huge improvements from the last episode! I like how you gave actionable steps and included examples! MJ's segment was great. Was definitely a refresher from The Millionaire Fastlane book.

The Taylor Swift ending was epic. :D

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Huge improvements from the last episode! I like how you gave actionable steps and included examples! MJ's segment was great. Was definitely a refresher from The Millionaire Fastlane book.

The Taylor Swift ending was epic. :D

hahaha thanks and thanks for listening.

AlterJoule

Busy Working.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
205%
Aug 7, 2014

Just shared the link. Hopefully some of my ACN friends will finally snap the hell out of it and pursue a real business using real resources like the Mind Your Business Podcast and Fastlane Forum!

SYK

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Mar 24, 2014
Great listening. It was the perfect accompaniment while I was creating product samples this afternoon.

I'm listening from Australia so you can officially market the show as "international" :D

ExecutionisKing

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Jan 3, 2014
MI
I thought this week's show was great!! Really enjoyed it. Loved the eminem intro, the second I heard the song start, I knew where you were taking it (or at least I was pretty sure I knew) and knowing that, I was pumped (may have cheered...) and thought that was a great way to start it off.

I got roughly 2 pages in notes down, tons of good refreshers and tips, and some cool insights into MJ's background.
To put in just a few of my favorite points (separate from the importing segment), in order of appearance (so I don't have to choose a favorite ;)) on the show... (I know these are all in the book, but to me, they were worthy of reiteration).

I found this definition simple and catchy:
-Entrepreneurship is a career in value creation.
-Mindset problems: People try to short circuit process to get to the event. If you accept that you can't do this, you have a greater chance of actually doing something.
-Limits of scale-If you worked your butt off, everything went in your favor and the stars aligned, how much could you make in ONE day? $500? or $50k?
-Law of effection result- If you’re not where you want to be, you aren’t making a big enough impact on enough people.
-DIVORCE your TIME from your INCOME! Turn time from liability to an asset. Crucial.
-This is what NO ONE else tells you! The Game is WON ON OFFENSE!! You have to create wealth before you can defend/protect it.
-Process/event distinction- Moving from event-thinking to process thinking: You can’t eat 1 piece of broccoli and wake up healthy the next day.

There's a ton more in my notes, but don't want to go overboard here...
Overall a great show today, thanks to everyone involved. Officially my Saturday lunch time activity. :hurray:

ExecutionisKing

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Jan 3, 2014
MI

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Great listening. It was the perfect accompaniment while I was creating product samples this afternoon.

I'm listening from Australia so you can officially market the show as "international" :D

Love that!

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I thought this week's show was great!! Really enjoyed it. Loved the eminem intro, the second I heard the song start, I knew where you were taking it (or at least I was pretty sure I knew) and knowing that, I was pumped (may have cheered...) and thought that was a great way to start it off.

I got roughly 2 pages in notes down, tons of good refreshers and tips, and some cool insights into MJ's background.
To put in just a few of my favorite points (separate from the importing segment), in order of appearance (so I don't have to choose a favorite ;)) on the show... (I know these are all in the book, but to me, they were worthy of reiteration).

I found this definition simple and catchy:
-Entrepreneurship is a career in value creation.
-Mindset problems: People try to short circuit process to get to the event. If you accept that you can't do this, you have a greater chance of actually doing something.
-Limits of scale-If you worked your butt off, everything went in your favor and the stars aligned, how much could you make in ONE day? $500? or $50k?
-Law of effection result- If you’re not where you want to be, you aren’t making a big enough impact on enough people.
-DIVORCE your TIME from your INCOME! Turn time from liability to an asset. Crucial.
-This is what NO ONE else tells you! The Game is WON ON OFFENSE!! You have to create wealth before you can defend/protect it.
-Process/event distinction- Moving from event-thinking to process thinking: You can’t eat 1 piece of broccoli and wake up healthy the next day.

There's a ton more in my notes, but don't want to go overboard here...
Overall a great show today, thanks to everyone involved. Officially my Saturday lunch time activity. :hurray:

Your post fits your screen name. @MJ DeMarco ... this is the reason you did the interview. For people just like this.

Shdreams

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Sep 16, 2014
Ontario
I'm Loving this! You guys are awesome for doing this stuff. I'm a little hungover today. Advil, gingerale, and ears wide open.

Iwokeup

Aut viam invenium aut faciam
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 23, 2014
The East Coast
MUCH better episode this time around. Tightly written and executed. Well done.

I really liked how you gave ACTIONABLE steps in the first half of the episode, and the second half was devoted to the philosophical underpinnings (via MJ) that help structure the entrepreneurial enterprise.

I'm telling you, if your show can continue to give actionable, practical STEPS to achieving then this show will be LIGHT YEARS ahead of the other "entrepreneur" podcasts out there. So many others talk around practical steps but don't actually TEACH.

Thank you.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
We have scored a major guest for the Saturday 11/15 broadcast. We will announce it formally some time within the next few days, but many Fast Lane Forum members will be super interested in this show.

I am surprised we got it done, but we got it done. Major league guest. (All of our guests have been major league thus far... but this particular guest will be exciting for Fast Lane listeners particularly.)

Ah... we probably will reveal it at the end of the show that releases this Saturday, 11/8. Give you yet another reason to catch the show.

vinylawesome

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Aug 11, 2012

Done. Shared with personal FB and a small FB page I manage. Thank you for the valuable content!

QDF

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Jan 1, 2014
I am surprised we got it done, but we got it done. Major league guest. (All of our guests have been major league thus far... but this particular guest will be exciting for Fast Lane listeners particularly.)

Got a really good guess for who it's gonna be :)

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
What's your guess? Even if you are wrong we will try and get your guest idea done.
Because Fastlane members were mentioned a few times...Zen?

I'd consider him Major league after listening to his INSIDERS call.

AlterJoule

Busy Working.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
205%
Aug 7, 2014
Excited regardless... I've been plugging the podcasts and sharing the pictures as much as possible. My friends need to realize that the life-changers are in real business. Not joining Mary Kay or selling Fundingle juice or whatever the crap is called..

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013
Listening to your podcasts on my phone... your voice is like a fresh breath of air in the dust of internet distractions.
You're doing a great job @Vigilante

If possible in the future, I would love an episode about work ethic and the habit of taking action.
How do you break through self doubt to continue taking action during hard times?

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Based on your guys Shark Tank expectations, I may be overselling this guest a hair. Um.... significantly important to anyone interested in eCommerce. It is a totally first of it's kind deal, but not as cool as a Shark Tank Shark.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

I absolutely will be having him on the show in-between his trips to Antartica and Hawaii. I haven't connected with him yet but we'll probably get him on in December at some point.

And yes... he's really super cool and would be worth the hype.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Loving the show Vig. This is going to help a lot of people.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I am glad to see you posting here my friend. People were asking about you in your thread the other day.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.