The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Validation with FB Groups?

alan3wilson

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Jun 26, 2016
Hey guys finally taking some action and trying to validate with Fb groups (free traffic) my niche.

I just told people in some niche related groups that I will give them a free ebook and people opted-in.

So then in the ebook there is a call to action button to get people into my own niche group.

I've got 80 people into the group so far.

So what would be the best way to validate fast?

I mean can I keep giving value in my group to people and then ask people if they want a video course?

If yes, starting making a pre-sale page and get first buyers selling them the info product for low price so I can get first testimonials?

Should I make the video course after the selling part or before?

What would be the best strategy to implement to sell the first edition of my info product and get testimonials as soon as possible?

Thanks for your support.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

alan3wilson

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Jun 26, 2016
Anyone using Facebook groups for their validation?

Tim Allen Jr.

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Jul 6, 2017
virginia
You've got some validation already.

You can further validate by trying a couple of things:

1.) Charging for your product
2.) Generating revenue from affiliate or advertising
3.) Ask people to donate if they like your stuff

Just a couple of thoughts.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
@Scot ? I know you like FB groups because your target market have all collected themselves in one place.

@Fox ? I know you run quite a big FB group. Has it helped you determine what your market wants and what they will buy, or had you already determined that before creating the group?

How do I use forums and Facebook groups? I started to braindump here:

@alan3wilson - well done offering something of enough value that people downloaded it, and then took the action to join your own group.

So now you're wondering what to do with that group? Maybe ask them if they need any help? Do an AMA or something and see what people ask? Also message everyone and have private conversations?

More scientifically, you could ask them what is the single most important thing they would like to know about XYZ (or accomplish, or the biggest problem - I don't know the niche so can't say).

Then ask why it's the single most important thing.

And ask for their phone number so you can have a chat with them about it.

Look for the responses that are really long and detailed, and who leaves their phone number. This indicates they're the most frustrated, have likely done the most research, come up short finding a solution, and want to scratch their itch the most.

Dr Glen Livingston would call these people the hyper-responsives. Try to find the few in your 80 who are the hyper-responsives and solve their problems, not the problems that everyone leaves a one line answer for.

Build a product or solution for them, that they'd be willing to pay for.

By the way, I think you could do all of this without getting people into your own group.

This isn't really my lane either... I just studied a lot of Dr Glen Livingston's material a few years ago when I was learning to use AdWords to find out what was going on in people's heads. Like $2k of course material that was mind-blowing. Basically, find out what people want, then sell it to them.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
With Facebook group, treat it kind of like a forum. Encourage open discussion and contribute as much as possible. It doesn't hurt to create your own content on your own website that you can push that have actual educational value. The great thing about that says, you'll be seen as the earth already in this field, so when it comes time for a call to action or to ask them to buy , They will trust you.

When dealing with other peoples groups, it's always a very good practice to ask the admin's on that group for permission to post anything that could be seen as promotional or poaching members.

I am in a unique situation with my niche that most group admin's are very excited to have brand promote their goods on their group. But, most admin's are very against that.

The beauty of having your own group is, you make the rules, you can post what you want.

But yes, keep providing as much value as possible and post as much content as possible. As far as validation, why not make a quick survey on survey monkey and throw it out the group?

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
With Facebook group, treat it kind of like a forum. Encourage open discussion and contribute as much as possible. It doesn't hurt to create your own content on your own website that you can push that have actual educational value. The great thing about that says, you'll be seen as the earth already in this field, so when it comes time for a call to action or to ask them to buy , They will trust you.

When dealing with other peoples groups, it's always a very good practice to ask the admin's on that group for permission to post anything that could be seen as promotional or poaching members.

I am in a unique situation with my niche that most group admin's are very excited to have brand promote their goods on their group. But, most admin's are very against that.

The beauty of having your own group is, you make the rules, you can post what you want.

But yes, keep providing as much value as possible and post as much content as possible. As far as validation, why not make a quick survey on survey monkey and throw it out the group?
I second the survey monkey.

I ran AdWords campaigns sending visitors to a survey (years ago... not sure how compliant this would be now-a-days). I asked the questions I listed above, plus a few more. The insights were enough for me to pull the plug (they were mostly students learning for their courses, rather than pros who might pay for learning).

alan3wilson

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Jun 26, 2016
Thanks for replies! That happen when we take action, we all get value :)

I'm still posting in the group and getting engagment.

I think I can make a Poll and see what people want to solve.

Then after I get more members I can tell people in group I will get only 20 people as testers and will ask them to buy the basic course for low price right? then ask the buyers if they liked product or not and get feedback and first testimonials.

After the testimonials I can start building a real brand. Do you think it's a good strategy?

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Thanks for replies! That happen when we take action, we all get value :)

I'm still posting in the group and getting engagment.

I think I can make a Poll and see what people want to solve.

Then after I get more members I can tell people in group I will get only 20 people as testers and will ask them to buy the basic course for low price right? then ask the buyers if they liked product or not and get feedback and first testimonials.

After the testimonials I can start building a real brand. Do you think it's a good strategy?
A poll is one thing. Asking opened ended questions is another.

Open ended questions allow people to tell you what *they* feel is most important to them, and why. It gives room for people to write copious amounts and put their hand up to indicate they are your hyper-responsives.

I haven't read his book "Ask", but I believe the author Ryan Levesque studied Dr Glen Livingston's techniques. I'd be surprised if it wasn't a great book. (Not suggesting you need a whole book to learn how to ask questions either ... just ask any 4 year old!)

Yes, create a course and offer it cheaper to get people into it while you develop and polish it. Check out my marketplace ad - it's a course I created because people kept asking me if I had a course. I've got testimonials in that thread that I could use if I was to sell that course outside the forum.

Oh, and you won't be building your brand after you get testimonials. You're already building your brand.

You're doing great. Just try to help the people who're following you. Things will magically fall into place if your heart's in the right place.

Sequential

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Aug 8, 2017
UK
I really dislike FB groups for business because at the end of the day you don't control it. Facebook does. You can build a business based on your growing group and poof one day FB deletes it and you're income goes from $xx+ per day/week/whatever to $0 fast except for recurring clients. Or they can change the rules without telling people and then ban you, like this:

Facebook has Changed The Rules for Groups and Nobody Was Told

They are a great idea at first but try and get them off FB and onto your forum asap. On top of that you can collect their email addresses with permission or a clause in the ToS for use for retargeting.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.