The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Vaccines Required to Fly - The Beginning of More Intensive Government Control

Status
Not open for further replies.

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL

There is no "and", that's the answer he gave. What system do you propose, how could we realistically change it? Because you are a republic the states can still decide to do something about what they do not agree with. MJ is moving because of those reasons, right? To a state more friendly to what serves him, and that's great. You guys are free and have the opportunity to do that in this country. Companies move abroad where they can do business better, people move where taxes are lower, where it's more gun-friendly, etc. At least in that scenario you could say all the anti-vaxxers could be majority in some states, some other states would have more people that prefer to vaccinate, and the same with other issues. In reality I would say that's sort of how it works itself out more or less.

Otherwise again, honestly asking what do you think would be the solution in an actionable plan. Secession? That's the only thing I can think of at the moment, go Galt it? Again I'm just keeping it real here. Give me something other than a vague and ambiguous "do something" "fight the good fight".

And for the record, because I know it's a fallacy, I do know that majority of consensus doesn't make something right. I never claimed that. We can have an infinity of ethics-related discussions as to what is right and what is wrong for different people.

If the vaccine is so good why do the people who take it care who doesn’t?

You need a certain percentage of people vaxinated in order to achieve herd immunity in the first place. Since this is a flu it's not going to be eradicated, but maybe a seasonal shot like we do with normal flu can lower the numbers and intensity to that of the flu, and then we can go back to "normal" (or closer to it) like they did in some other places. In a town, city or place where you and a few others are the only ones with a vaccine the disease is still going to be going around infecting people at a higher rate, causing people to call in sick more often, making children skip days of school, etc.

Again you could argue "my health isn't your responsibility" but from the other side people want to be able to be going around knowing there is less threat in the first place, especially the ones that would like the extra protection but cannot, such as immune-depressed people, people with respiratory diseases, elders, babies too young to be vaxinated, etc. If you have someone like that in your circles you probably wouldn't want that person to get it because they would be in trouble, even though most of of us just go past it just fine. I understand you guys believe in individualism, so do I, but man, I also care for my fellow neighbor some.

Now this could probably go with what I answered Kak, if a person has the opportunity moving to an area where there is more consensus on being vaxinated or vice versa this is probably the most practical and realistic solution.

Just so I'm following, yellow fever: kills 20-50% of people who get it, but you don't worry about it.
Something that kills, .25%, you're laser focused on.

I'm going to go with because it's not a pandemic and it's only recommended/requested that you take it if you go to certain places in Africa and South America. That's like you asking me why we're still not talking about Ebola. It's still killing people, so is Swine Flu, so is Malaria, so is Measles, it's just that it's under control, the whole globe isn't infected with it.

This is interesting. Is there any proof that lockdowns, masks etc save at least 1 life

Not sure what you mean by "save a life" but this demonstration is pretty good on how the masks slow it down in closed spaces, I thought.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2azcn7MqOU

Ladies and gentleman, I present to you the mind of those telling you to wear a mask. And by the way we're not a democracy we're a republic. Thank God.

Seriously bro do you have anything to give me that isn't a personal attack? And I do not buy that you just eat apples or whatever every single day of your life or that you wash your hair and your hands with white vinegar.

Here's an article that is an insightful read regarding being a Constitutional Democracy/Republic: ‘America Is a Republic, Not a Democracy’ Is a Dangerous—And Wrong—Argument

I don't vouch for the article as a whole, I just think the part of what the Founding fathers published explaining what kind of government they wanted (basically the body of the article) sheds some light (can be fact checked by researching what they published) and aligns with what I'm saying, that it's supposed to be a CONTROLLED majority. Whether that is working efficiently nowadays is another topic by itself, like @Kak said.

Now I don't mean to be rude and just leave but I think we can agree that a ton of us should actually working on our Fastlane, I know I do if I want to quit my job.... so I'm just agreeing to disagree and hoping there can be some mutual understanding between people in general. Xoxo.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Apr 24, 2016
The thing is, almost everyone commenting here is not a medical professional. And even if they were, they're likely not an epidemiologist or molecular biologist.

I've been following C0VlD-19's every step since October 2019. A few months ago CDC and WHO combined their efforts in a "best-estimate" fatality rate study, which took a shit ton of data and formed this chimera of a graph. It was 0.007% across all demographics. For some reason, it has been removed from the Interwebs.

Anyway, I know 30+ people who had C0VlD-19 for sure. As in, I made a mental note of anyone who had at least a loss of sense of smell for a few weeks without sinusitis or allergic rhinitis. 2 got tested at home with an antigen test, which showed they were positive, while only 1 got tested at a medical facility and, again, they were positive.

So from those that I 100% know were sick with C0VlD-19, which were about 30, only 1 was entered into the official data.

None died, some had nasty pneumonia. Most people I know are in their 20s, after all.

Something I noticed was that immunocompromised, super ill individuals often got through C0VlD-19 unscathed i.e asymptomatic. Likely due to their corticosteroid and/or TNF-a inhibiting drugs (TNF-a is a pro-inflammatory cytokine and one of the reasons people die from C0VlD-19 - a.k.a the cytokine storm).

My opinion - take TNF-a lowering supplements like Vitamin D, Fish Oil, and Turmeric to help prevent any potential cytokine storms and take long walks outside every day to get your circulation going and prevent possible blood clot formation from the inflammation C0VlD-19 causes.

I wouldn't VOLUNTARILY inject myself with a vaccine that was developed in less than a year for a virus that has a 99.9%+ survival rate. My immune system is not exactly normal so that would be a much bigger risk for me than C0VlD-19, which I may very well have had considering I engaged in sweet makeout sessions with my girlfriend while she was at her most infectious phase.

I also may have just gotten lucky, but in any case, I'm a paranoid conspiracy theorist and critical thinker before everything.

What if this vaccine, whether intentional or not, leads to 80-90% of the world's population becoming infertile? That would certainly solve a lot of issues and allow greater control, which I'm certain the majority of us here agree on - that the pandemic is being taken advantage of by those in power to acquire even greater power.

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
What if this vaccine, whether intentional or not, leads to 80-90% of the world's population becoming infertile? That would certainly solve a lot of issues and allow greater control, which I'm certain the majority of us here agree on - that the pandemic is being taken advantage of by those in power to acquire even greater power.

Someone watched "Utopia" :p

That said your point stands I just had to lol

GatsbyMag

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Jun 20, 2016
Where do you propose that someone can move in 2021 that is not faced with government regulation as to where they can dine, and has the freedom to decide to wear a mask?

Even the most libertarian (little l) of states have restrictions. Moving within the US is just an exercise of moving from heavy regulation to less heavy regulation.

I personally don’t know of any countries that are much better.

My wife and I explored this in earnest (we are both dual citizens and carry 2 passports, our kids carry 3) and the options are extremely limited.
South Africa

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
298%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
It is not about you or your rights. It is about other people. Nobody cares if you get drunk, or even get killed driving drunk (aka not taking the vaccine) but everyone cares if you kill someone driving drunk (aka infect people if you are sick because you didn't take the vaccine).

this is apples to oranges.

The way to not drive drunk is to abstain from drinking before you get behind the wheel.

The way to get inoculated is to trust a vaccine that was created in 1/10 - 1/20 the Normal time frame, cutting as many corners as possible for the promise of great profits with no liability if something were to go wrong.

TBH I’d rather have a confirmed COVID case cough right into my mouth and develop natural immunity.

South Africa

Oh delightful - trade the requirements to wear a mask to live in an incredibly violent culture. What a great option!

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
Ok, I think I can answer OP's question.

Getting a vaccine to fly is like being forbidden to drive drunk.

It is not about you or your rights. It is about other people. Nobody cares if you get drunk, or even get killed driving drunk (aka not taking the vaccine) but everyone cares if you kill someone driving drunk (aka infect people if you are sick because you didn't take the vaccine).

For example, a French couple that had covid infected more than 100 people in Iceland. That is exactly what we want to avoid, hence, you must take the vaccine.

PS: We all know covid is a scientific experiment from the lizards that control governments which attempt to silence us with bio-weapons spread through the 5G network.

Duh.

Good luck to you if you think that Big Pharma care about you.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
You're not American, so your input is pretty much null and void. This isn't about getting the vaccine to ride a plane. This is about the government using the vaccine as another step towards state oppression. If you were in America, and paying attention, of which neither appear to apply to you, it would be a readily apparent pattern to you as well.

Just because he (and some of us) aren't from the US, doesn't make our input "null and void".
Living deep in a continent and being detached from the rest of the world for too long makes one narrow-minded and unable to see things from other viewing angles.

One can talk about "state oppression" and "research papers that show wearing masks and lockdowns are useless" all day long. But the results prove otherwise:

2b2257a56c5e30a5f71bb3c881f51603.png

86673b3988640ee3fd0cefb708ae0498.png

b26db7379156d6759a798255edc84e91.png

Perhaps if the approach and thinking changes from "Me, My Freedom, My Liberty At All Costs" to "Let's cooperate with the gov just this once & get through this together once and for all", things would be better?

I mean, what freedom is there to speak of when the pandemic refuses to go down because people are fighting against the gov because of "state oppression"? Maybe get the daily cases down first, then go back to living a "free life"?

I apologise if this post is rude and "null and void" since I'm not American, but some of these thoughts and "ideals" are really WHAT. THE. F*ck. to me.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
There were no terms, it was an appointment. It could be ended at any time.

I believe this is wholly incorrect.

The original text did specify 6 year terms, that the terms be staggered into 3 groups. In order to be elected (that's the original language, not appointed) there were age, length of citizenship, and residency requirements Constitutionally established. The only thing that changed in 1914 was how senators were elected. I believe the house was always direct elected.

I can't find evidence they could have "their appointment ended anytime". I read that recall rules were considered but not included in the final ratified document. A Senator's term may end by death, resignation, or expulsion. And because those are the Constitutional reasons specified, it is believed that a state enacting a recall law would be found un-Constitutional; this has never been tested.

So I'm just not seeing your point, and I'm curious why you said checks and balances went out the window? I tried to research it myself. What am I missing? (Other than the FedRes, I get that part of it...)

And by the way we're not a democracy we're a republic
Democracy is an ideology whereas a republic is a form of government. They are not mutually exclusive.
No where is the word "democracy" mentioned in the Constitution. So no.

"We The People" is the line you are looking for. It's right at the beginning, and its what made our establishment of a "republican form of government" a democratic republic, as opposed to an aristocratic republic (the Netherlands, Carthage) or a monarchical republic (various Roman examples, Poland, GB).

“Great confusion about the words democracy, aristocracy, monarchy...Democracy in my sense, where the whole power of the government in the people, whether exercised by themselves or by representatives, chosen by them either mediately or immediately and legally accountable to them...Consequence, the proposed government a representative democracy...Constitution revocable and alterable by the people. This representative democracy as far as is consistent with its genius has all the features of good government.”
Alexander Hamilton, on the Constitution, 1788
Link provided. Is that primary source sufficient?

Hamilton often referred to our republic as a representative democracy, to be distinguished from Madison's "pure" democracy.

Kindly convince me why should anyone with well mathematical instinct and risk management want to trade known risk for an unknown risk? It just doesn't make sense.
I won't convince you because I'm using similar thinking to quarantine me and my family for months.

But I want to point out that covid effects are also unknown risk. There's been a lot of focus on the death rate, but the survival rate with diminished capacity worries me personally. We don't know the long term effects of covid or why for example some people get lung scarring and others don't. Its unknown risk vs unknown risk, I think especially for vulnerable populations.

I'm fortunate enough to have a business where I can quarantine. So to your point, if faced with needing to leave home to work to live, I assume that would change the equation for some folks. Same reason people become coal miners, right?

You're not American, so your input is pretty much null and void. This isn't about getting the vaccine to ride a plane. This is about the government using the vaccine as another step towards state oppression. If you were in America, and paying attention, of which neither appear to apply to you, it would be a readily apparent pattern to you as well.

Do you think the US is the only country facing increasing government authority/oppression and a trending consolidation of power? Also, your original post mentioned a plan hatched in Geneva, so why are Americans the only ones able to provide valid input? Your anger, or at least rudeness, is baffling considering you posted on an international forum.

childcare and dining speakeasies
Now there's an INE.:moneybag::cash: Does it make CENTS though?:rofl:

YanC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Sep 18, 2017
France
When you give a bureaucrat an inch they take a foot. There is no "going back to living a free life" when you surrender your freedoms. This is what people are not understanding. These changes will not be temporary.
"Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program" - Milton Friedman

G

Guest6814

Because its basic social contract sort of stuff?

Drive a car? Licence

Own property? Taxes for the local community

Y'all read too many "very smart" blogs and watch too much damn youtube.

Its messenger rna in a lipid bilayer for delivery.

If you've had any of your childhood vaccines you've had attenuated virus (mmr for instance) meaning bits of viral DNA and the nucleic capsid injected in you.

If you've never had any vaccine you've also had both viral dna and messenger rna inside of you just from fighting off infections. If anything using just the messenger rna of the spike protein is a more targeted approach , in fact , we just rolled out a cold virus vaccine in 9 months , this is like a moon landing for virology and public health , we should have a ticker tape parade.

But i'm sure enough people will avoid the vaccine because "some blogger / random guy on youtube said big words" that i'm gonna still need to wear a mask this time next year , thanks a lot! Lol

Whats the conspiracy? All the phd's and md's studying viruses the world over are under the thrall of an evil NWO cabal and every other human being eduxated in basic biology and health science is in on it?

Heres jonas salk , the nefarious villain who specifically didn't patent the polio vaccine or make a penny from it , that humanitarian monster! , he is truly the godfather of this entire evil scheme to prevent deaths in a simple and empirically founded way!

Ever hear of norman borlaug? The sinister fellow fathered rhe green revolution and used *gasp* science to prevent untold millions from starving! Damn you scientific method! Damn you to hell!!!

Or the more rational take that "injections are a weird scary thing" and it gives people an ego boost to pretend to be "in the know" by following conspiracy theories? (Which btw are , AGAIN being touted by facebook memes and random nobody conspiracy bloggers and youtubers) , what exactly has alex jones done for mankind that has earned him.our trust and admiration? Does alex jones have security clearance thats given him special lnowledge? An iq of 280 and 6 phd's? Nah? Just some schmuck who capitalized on 9/11 using public access?

So why exactly are random strangers on the internet spinning yarns a good solid source of actionable life advise? , maybe i'm in the wrong business , I should just start a youtube or a podcast and make completely baseless claims and then sell overpriced supplements!

You have a supercomputer in your pocket and we derive energy from nuclear fission but god damn if you're going to take part in The medical miracle of vaccines!

Heres reality
Here , more objective reality , actual things

Seriously take a biology 101 class and get it together , the governments "focring" you to get the vaccine to fly? , you know f*cking defying gravity in a giant metal tube (but thats not also science right?) Isn't a "right" , like other human beings exist and would sort of like the virus to not keep spreading and infecting people?

It's always such a bizarre thing for me to be on these entrepreneur forums.and see the most basic unreflecrive ayn rand take on libertarianism from people.

Not a personal attack btw 404 I just think you're premise is way way off.

Vaccine as a proxy to control us? , we have a gps enabled device in our pocket with a camera and a mic that we use to record and share our most personal intimate details on the internet.

If the government wants to start black bagging folks in the middle of the night they won't need some "sneaky" public health measure to do it.

C'mon people use a little critical thinking for a second.
Thank you.

I don’t see what in the world entrepreneurship has to do with crackpot conspiracy theories.

Does a 20-year-old with zero life experience have the authority to stop me from getting vaxinated?

“Oh, but she said the vaccine uses RNA!”

And?

“And that makes it different from other vaccines!”

And?

“And I’m afraid to take it!”

Good grief!

I’m afraid of nutty conspiracy theories and the people who are gullible enough to take them seriously.

Yes, some politicians get into power trips by locking things down. Yes, they’re a bunch of hypocrites. Yes, some of the rules make sense and some don’t.

Those factors don’t render vaccination and reasonable measures to slow the spread of C0VlD-19. Cedars-Sinai hospital’s ICU is now at 119% capacity, and people are afraid of a vaccine.

“But, what if the healthcare workers don’t really want people to get better?”

What an insult! They’re bending over backwards to help people. The other day, my friend, a nurse, declined to come to a little get-together in my backyard, because he was afraid of spreading anything to my family and me.

I’m not saying anybody on the forum said that insult, but it’s one of the dumber things I’ve heard.

Mike Stoian

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Dec 24, 2019
There's Covid -> nobody can fly.
We got a vaccine -> Now vaxinated people can fly while everyone else can't.

So vaccine makes things better for a lot of people. And here in Europe it's free ( dunno about US )
If you think they are using the vaccine to 'oppress the general public' ... then surely you must think Covid is a whole another game, probably made in a lab and left free intentionally. ( which I guess could be true. I dunno )

In any case, whatever the truth, you can't do shit now. So stop worrying about things outside of your control and focus on growing bigger and more independent so these things affect you less.

WestCoast

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
313%
Jan 20, 2008
Rhode Island for now.
There's Covid -> nobody can fly.
We got a vaccine -> Now vaxinated people can fly while everyone else can't.

So vaccine makes things better for a lot of people. And here in Europe it's free ( dunno about US )
If you think they are using the vaccine to 'oppress the general public' ... then surely you must think Covid is a whole another game, probably made in a lab and left free intentionally. ( which I guess could be true. I dunno )

In any case, whatever the truth, you can't do shit now. So stop worrying about things outside of your control and focus on growing bigger and more independent so these things affect you less.

Ugh, what? 1Million people a day are flying in the USA.

I visited 25+ countries in 2020, and hit all 6 continents.
The last thing Covid did was stop anyone from flying.

--
We all might have different opinions, and that is fine.
We might disagree.
That's fine.

But, when people say 'follow the science' ... and then completely don't use science or facts...
That's not a strong position to take.

AFMKelvin

Some Profound Quote Goes Here
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Jan 26, 2016
Rice, Texas
That's the most European thing I've ever read.

All he is saying is that you needed a yellow fever vaccine to get into certain countries.

But nobody ever complained about that. Probably because they didn’t want to go to Kenya.

But now a place you may want to go requires it and everyone complains.
Except the Covid vaccine will not just be to get in certain countries. There's places in Europe where you can't even go watch a movie theater without proof of the vaccine. And than they move on to you can't get a job, go to school or do everything that was normal before 2020 without proof that you were injected with a virus from your government.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/siladi...m-pass-to-avoid-restrictions/?sh=4da890546947

CareCPA

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
357%
May 2, 2017
Pennsylvania
There's places in Europe where you can't even go watch a movie theater without proof of the vaccine.
I thought we just called that capitalism. Isn't that the argument where we get to pick and choose our customers?

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
There are certainly some naive people on this thread. Theres a thin line here between acting in public safety, and potentially alienating people from "polite society"

It's not the vaccine it self that I would argue here, its the precedent it's setting. It's getting people used to having the government and private enterprise to essentially force you to do things.

YES, I understand we have mandatory vaccines. YES I understand that you need vaccines in order to go to public school, And I have all of my vaccines. I am not antivax. And I'm glad we have modern medicine and vaccines. Polio, yellow fever, and measles sound extremely shitty.

But there is no argument this COVID vaccine was rushed, and created in 1/10th of the time it usually takes to create a vaccine. I would worry what steps they had to leave out in order to get a vaccine to market in 1 year instead of 10.

Those who are quick to say "JuSt MoVE On AnD AcCePt IT BrO" are playing a dangerous game. Again it's the precedent that's being set. You keep giving an inch, and each time you say "Just do it, what's the big deal."

It's people saying "Well, You don't HAVE to get a vaccine, BUT you just cant travel, go to concerts or public events, have a bank account, enter a business or get a job. This sets the precedent of social outcasts, who are essentially banned from polite society because they do not conform to government edicts.

No the mortality rate is absolutely relevant. We risk driving because it is EXTREMELY likely that we make it to our destination alive. There is a risk of getting into a fatal accident. We risk our lives each year during flu season, because it's overwhelmingly likely that you will survive the flu. It's not a black and white "Does it kill or does it not."

This type of "It kills a very small percentage of people, so we must fundamentally change the rules of society" thinking is exactly the problem we've been dealing with for nearly a year now. This also removes personally responsibility from the equation, Because you assume that others can't perform a risk analysis for them selves, and decide if they want to take the risk of getting sick.

We would save lives if we lowered all speed limits to 20mph. So why don't we do that to save lives? Because we choose convenience as a society. We do not bring our selves down to the lowest common denominator. We don't change the rules for everyone because YOU'RE afraid of the small risk of death. You choose for YOU to not drive, You don't choose for ME not to drive.

Am I a tinfoil hat, Alex Jones conspiracy theorist? Absolutely not, I look at this situation through the lens of logic and the understanding of human nature. Throughout history governments (aka groups of human beings) have become corrupt, damn near with out exception as far as I understand. If you think the governments of the world are benevolent and competent, and also care about you, I have a bridge to sell you. And peoples LACK of concern about a governing body telling you you HAVE to put this thing in your body that we rushed to create in 1/10th of the time we normally do, or else you can't join us in society, Is worrying.

I mostly agree with you 404. I don't think there are lizard people pulling the strings on some grand scripted conspiracy, I think this is just the latest version of human nature playing out. We have not fundamentally changed in thousands of years, What makes anyone think we're different than our ancestors, as far as our human instincts?

Sure we have iPhones and modern medicine, but our human nature is the same as the Romans and Egyptians. And I think people are RIGHT to question authority.
Nobody is telling you NOT to question authority, but the questions you’re asking, what difference does it make? I guess my point is, so what? Are we setting up the future generations for an “INSIDERS job”? Are we showing the “governments” we can be controlled? Maybe. Maybe not. But so what? How is this going to affect the next 40-50 years that you’re alive? More control? Okay, move.

Don’t take my point the wrong way, I’m not one of those “close your eyes, and take in everything”. There has to be a point where you just move on because your “questioning” is making no difference.

And with your point about the vaccine, we can always rush development on vaccines, but we don’t because of protocol. However, sometimes protocol can be overlooked for the better of society (or worse, time will tell).

Kal-El1998

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Nov 25, 2020
So many logical fallacies here.

You do know government is taking shots too, right? Please don’t tell me they’re getting sugar shots, I beg you.
Please don't tell me you believe main stream media, I beg you.

Thoelt53

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Dec 8, 2016
Boston, MA
You think the same number of people would be visiting restaurants as pre-pandemic? “Well they would’ve still been better off”. Actually, if you look at the margins in the restaurant business, they break even at certain number of customers, then they profit. Say 60% of people still visited restaurants, they would still barely get by.
This is semantical at this point. No doubt restaurants would and have lost business. Would they have necessarily gone out of business if it were not for government edict? Probably not for many.

So you lost business because of government edict. Was it worth it? Are you any safer? Are your employees any safer? Or just poorer?

The conspiracy behind this isn’t to microchip people, it is to drive them out of the middle class and into poverty. To get them dependent on the government for a paycheck. To be obedient.

The goal is to crush small business, as it’s the backbone of the economy. Crush capitalism, then institute communism.

History repeats. If you think I’m crazy, you just haven’t read enough of the past. There is nothing new under the sun. What has been will become again. Unfortunately the masses are stupid.

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
This is semantical at this point. No doubt restaurants would and have lost business. Would they have necessarily gone out of business if it were not for government edict? Probably not for many.

So you lost business because of government edict. Was it worth it? Are you any safer? Are your employees any safer? Or just poorer?

The conspiracy behind this isn’t to microchip people, it is to drive them out of the middle class and into poverty. To get them dependent on the government for a paycheck. To be obedient.

The goal is to crush small business, as it’s the backbone of the economy. Crush capitalism, then institute communism.

History repeats. If you think I’m crazy, you just haven’t read enough of the past. There is nothing new under the sun. What has been will become again. Unfortunately the masses are stupid.
You’ve completely misunderstood my posts. I am NOT pro-government or pro-“follow the crowd” or a sheep. I’m quite the opposite and from my posts on this forum relating to subjects like these, you should be able to tell. However, all I’m saying is what else can you do? If history repeats itself and you’re certain it will, then it makes no difference does it? Capitalism will be gone and communism will prevail as you just put forth. You cannot change the mindset of the masses, and I do agree with you that the majority of people are indeed sheep.

AFMKelvin

Some Profound Quote Goes Here
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Jan 26, 2016
Rice, Texas
I thought we just called that capitalism. Isn't that the argument where we get to pick and choose our customers?
Sure but it won't only be businesses doing this, later it will be government agencies.

Why can't people just accept the fact and move on with their lives? You're living "under contract" in whatever country you're in.

So just throw your hands in the air and give up? You know America would've never been a country if the founding fathers did what you're telling people to do. How about you stand up for yourself for once?

Nobody is telling you NOT to question authority

Don’t take my point the wrong way, I’m not one of those “close your eyes, and take in everything”. There has to be a point where you just move on because your “questioning” is making no difference.

How can you contradict yourself so often. You're saying nobody is telling you not to question authority yet you have told people here not to question authority multiple times.

"accept the fact and move on", "move on because your "questioning" is making no difference"
If your business was shut down via diktat, you would be singing a different tune.

But because it didn’t affect you, it’s nothing.

Then they came for the ecommerce owners. And there was no one left to stand up.
Exactly this. People defending this lock downs and vaccines are ignorant to the fact of all the businesses that went under during this "pandemic." Many people lost their businesses because they couldn't comply with the new "safety standards." They obviously don't care because their online businesses went up during the pandemic. But the next virus the package you're sending your customer might be a source of contamination and boom your business is now declared a public threat.

You’ve completely misunderstood my posts. I am NOT pro-government or pro-“follow the crowd” or a sheep. I’m quite the opposite and from my posts on this forum relating to subjects like these, you should be able to tell. However, all I’m saying is what else can you do? If history repeats itself and you’re certain it will, then it makes no difference does it? Capitalism will be gone and communism will prevail as you just put forth. You cannot change the mindset of the masses, and I do agree with you that the majority of people are indeed sheep.
You're such a sheep that you can't see how much you contradict yourself. On one hand you say "I am NOT pro-government or pro-"follow the crowd or a sheep" then you say "you cannot change the mindset of the masses" so you keep walking silently to the slaughter house because after all "oh well they won't listen to me anyways" like all the other sheep are thinking.

JordanK

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Feb 17, 2014
Ireland
I don't know what the hell is going on

Xeon

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

This is good news. Hope there'll be more like them to get vaxinated and bring the pandemic to an end. This way, the economy will slowly get back up, USPS and factories in the US can resume their operations and bring commerce back to pre-Covid times! Hallelujah!

D

Deleted74338

Wow, such a bold declaration devoid of any thought beyond the surface, if that's all it takes for the majority to tow the line... We are in big trouble.

I suppose those views come with a dash of "we are all going to die from climate change in 12 years."

View attachment 36178
So what should my views be?

Xeon

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
So what should my views be?

Perhaps do what some of these guys are doing : constantly live in fear of "evil governments" trying to "oppress you" and "take away your freedom".

Wear masks? Gov oppression.
Vaccine? Gov oppression.
An eventual cure for Covid? Gov oppression.
Stay home to prevent infecting others and lessen the burden on medical staff ? Gov oppression.
Safety distancing to slow down Covid infection? Gov oppression.
Lockdown cities to slow Covid spread? Gov oppression. Gov taking away the people's freedom.

"Freedom" and "human rights" at all and any cost, even if it means 800,000 cases + 41000 deaths daily + gradual decline of economy and society. I doubt that's what freedom is supposed to mean.

Saavedra

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
92%
Aug 4, 2013
Government? You're missing the point - financial incentives will be the primary force behind these techno-passports, not political ones.

Good old fashioned rent seeking by the pharma lobby along with ambitious technical venture capital firms will see this an opportunity to make trillions over the coming decades.

Pfeizer is far more interested in making you BUY the vaccine than Uncle Sam.

Hell, I'm sure that someone on this forum is currently working through ideas on how to siphon off some profits from the "covid cures" tidal waves.

It's still tyranny though, just of a different origin.
Plus the black market behind all the process. Who doesn't want to get a paper that has a background associated cost of some 100$ for 50$ and make 49$ of profit by not testing anything or injecting any vaccine at all?

I see the situation mostly from the point of creating change to create profit. It seems to me like the same kind of game they did with the electric cars. Create change just for the sake of creating sales.

Btw, already seeing masks on the ground in my city, seems those very environmentally friendly people that wear them are not very careful with properly throwing them to the bin.

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Apr 24, 2016
A better, brighter future is just around the corner.

Trust the experts. End C0VlD-19.

giphy.gif

They_Live_3.jpeg

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Apr 24, 2016
Someone watched "Utopia" :p

That said your point stands I just had to lol

I'm going to Google it now since you sparked my interest, but it's just an intrusive thought I keep having about the vaccine.

Probably due to the fact that Bill Gates took part in funding it and he's a well-known population culling enthusiast. Dan Brown's Inferno may have had an impact as well.

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
For someone who claims not to consume mainstream media you sure are linking plenty of it. Sorry I won't be reading a long winded explanation of some "journalist" telling me what type of government were under. The Constitution is written in plain English and I can read it from primary sources.

And yes I do make my own products like shampoos and deodorant from whole natural ingredients. I live in a farm where I grow my own food, from veggies to meat. I also don't drink nor allow my food to touch anything made of plastic because plastic releases some nasty chemicals. In fact I do my best to avoid anything made of plastic or heavily processed materials.

Now you're willing to compromised and find common ground but the first post you posted was very divisive.

No where is the word "democracy" mentioned in the Constitution. So no.

Ridiculing those who won't go to the slaughter house. Typical.

And here it is. Someone who obviously doesn't care about freedoms telling those that do what to think.
I don't know about the laws in Texas as I'm in Canada, but do you wear a mask when you go to the grocery store? Yes or no please.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017