The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Vaccines Required to Fly - The Beginning of More Intensive Government Control

Status
Not open for further replies.

MHP368

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Aug 17, 2016
Sahuarita AZ
the government using COVID vaccines as a means to oppress the general population?
Because its basic social contract sort of stuff?

Drive a car? Licence

Own property? Taxes for the local community

Y'all read too many "very smart" blogs and watch too much damn youtube.

Its messenger rna in a lipid bilayer for delivery.

If you've had any of your childhood vaccines you've had attenuated virus (mmr for instance) meaning bits of viral DNA and the nucleic capsid injected in you.

If you've never had any vaccine you've also had both viral dna and messenger rna inside of you just from fighting off infections. If anything using just the messenger rna of the spike protein is a more targeted approach , in fact , we just rolled out a cold virus vaccine in 9 months , this is like a moon landing for virology and public health , we should have a ticker tape parade.

But i'm sure enough people will avoid the vaccine because "some blogger / random guy on youtube said big words" that i'm gonna still need to wear a mask this time next year , thanks a lot! Lol

Whats the conspiracy? All the phd's and md's studying viruses the world over are under the thrall of an evil NWO cabal and every other human being eduxated in basic biology and health science is in on it?

Heres jonas salk , the nefarious villain who specifically didn't patent the polio vaccine or make a penny from it , that humanitarian monster! , he is truly the godfather of this entire evil scheme to prevent deaths in a simple and empirically founded way!

Ever hear of norman borlaug? The sinister fellow fathered rhe green revolution and used *gasp* science to prevent untold millions from starving! Damn you scientific method! Damn you to hell!!!

Or the more rational take that "injections are a weird scary thing" and it gives people an ego boost to pretend to be "in the know" by following conspiracy theories? (Which btw are , AGAIN being touted by facebook memes and random nobody conspiracy bloggers and youtubers) , what exactly has alex jones done for mankind that has earned him.our trust and admiration? Does alex jones have security clearance thats given him special lnowledge? An iq of 280 and 6 phd's? Nah? Just some schmuck who capitalized on 9/11 using public access?

So why exactly are random strangers on the internet spinning yarns a good solid source of actionable life advise? , maybe i'm in the wrong business , I should just start a youtube or a podcast and make completely baseless claims and then sell overpriced supplements!

You have a supercomputer in your pocket and we derive energy from nuclear fission but god damn if you're going to take part in The medical miracle of vaccines!

Heres reality

Here , more objective reality , actual things

Seriously take a biology 101 class and get it together , the governments "focring" you to get the vaccine to fly? , you know F*cking defying gravity in a giant metal tube (but thats not also science right?) Isn't a "right" , like other human beings exist and would sort of like the virus to not keep spreading and infecting people?

It's always such a bizarre thing for me to be on these entrepreneur forums.and see the most basic unreflecrive ayn rand take on libertarianism from people.

Not a personal attack btw 404 I just think you're premise is way way off.

Vaccine as a proxy to control us? , we have a gps enabled device in our pocket with a camera and a mic that we use to record and share our most personal intimate details on the internet.

If the government wants to start black bagging folks in the middle of the night they won't need some "sneaky" public health measure to do it.

C'mon people use a little critical thinking for a second.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I’m afraid of nutty conspiracy theories

And I'm afraid of fools who obediently obey orders while parroting mainstream BS (and then claim to "think critically!"). In political discourse, they call 'em "useful idiots" -- and if you know enough of world history, they are the most dangerous people on the planet -- and a whole lot more dangerous than "conspiracy theorists."

It's clear where politicians and their media accomplices are taking us -- anyone refusing to take the vaccine will be one slippery slope away from being branded with the Star of David thanks to the legion of sheep who still believe what NPR, CNN, FOX, and their Facebook "curator" tells them. "Conspiracy theorist" <-- wow, who told you that? 60 Minutes on CBS?

The sad truth is there are people in this world that would allow ANYONE to stick them with a needle as long as enough people on TV told them it was OK, and the TV rolled out enough "experts" -- ya know, virus experts like the software mogul Bill Gates.

And don't forget, when the lady on the loudspeaker said it was "OK" to go back into the Twin Towers, she also was deemed an "Expert" since she had access to the loudspeaker.

If anyone wants to trust those who have monopolistic and authoritarian access to the loudspeaker, be my guest and take your "fast tracked" vaccine, just make sure to wear your state-approved mask.

But sorry, my forum won't be used as another loudspeaker for compliance and propaganda.

This thread is over.

Enjoy your vaccine -- leave the rest of us alone to make our own decisions free of influence from corporately owned politicians and their band of obedient sycophants willing to execute the Gestapo's dirty work.

James Klymus

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Dec 28, 2018
Chicago, Illinois
There are certainly some naive people on this thread. Theres a thin line here between acting in public safety, and potentially alienating people from "polite society"

It's not the vaccine it self that I would argue here, its the precedent it's setting. It's getting people used to having the government and private enterprise to essentially force you to do things.

YES, I understand we have mandatory vaccines. YES I understand that you need vaccines in order to go to public school, And I have all of my vaccines. I am not antivax. And I'm glad we have modern medicine and vaccines. Polio, yellow fever, and measles sound extremely shitty.

But there is no argument this COVID vaccine was rushed, and created in 1/10th of the time it usually takes to create a vaccine. I would worry what steps they had to leave out in order to get a vaccine to market in 1 year instead of 10.

Those who are quick to say "JuSt MoVE On AnD AcCePt IT BrO" are playing a dangerous game. Again it's the precedent that's being set. You keep giving an inch, and each time you say "Just do it, what's the big deal."

It's people saying "Well, You don't HAVE to get a vaccine, BUT you just cant travel, go to concerts or public events, have a bank account, enter a business or get a job. This sets the precedent of social outcasts, who are essentially banned from polite society because they do not conform to government edicts.

We know the disease kills (mortality rate is irrelevant, IT KILLS) and by you trying to act like a big shot, you're risking lives of others and that's just selfish.

No the mortality rate is absolutely relevant. We risk driving because it is EXTREMELY likely that we make it to our destination alive. There is a risk of getting into a fatal accident. We risk our lives each year during flu season, because it's overwhelmingly likely that you will survive the flu. It's not a black and white "Does it kill or does it not."

This type of "It kills a very small percentage of people, so we must fundamentally change the rules of society" thinking is exactly the problem we've been dealing with for nearly a year now. This also removes personally responsibility from the equation, Because you assume that others can't perform a risk analysis for them selves, and decide if they want to take the risk of getting sick.

We would save lives if we lowered all speed limits to 20mph. So why don't we do that to save lives? Because we choose convenience as a society. We do not bring our selves down to the lowest common denominator. We don't change the rules for everyone because YOU'RE afraid of the small risk of death. You choose for YOU to not drive, You don't choose for ME not to drive.

Am I a tinfoil hat, Alex Jones conspiracy theorist? Absolutely not, I look at this situation through the lens of logic and the understanding of human nature. Throughout history governments (aka groups of human beings) have become corrupt, damn near with out exception as far as I understand. If you think the governments of the world are benevolent and competent, and also care about you, I have a bridge to sell you. And peoples LACK of concern about a governing body telling you you HAVE to put this thing in your body that we rushed to create in 1/10th of the time we normally do, or else you can't join us in society, Is worrying.

I mostly agree with you 404. I don't think there are lizard people pulling the strings on some grand scripted conspiracy, I think this is just the latest version of human nature playing out. We have not fundamentally changed in thousands of years, What makes anyone think we're different than our ancestors, as far as our human instincts?

Sure we have iPhones and modern medicine, but our human nature is the same as the Romans and Egyptians. And I think people are RIGHT to question authority.

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
Perhaps do what some of these guys are doing : constantly live in fear of "evil governments" trying to "oppress you" and "take away your freedom".

Wear masks? Gov oppression.
Vaccine? Gov oppression.
An eventual cure for Covid? Gov oppression.
Stay home to prevent infecting others and lessen the burden on medical staff ? Gov oppression.
Safety distancing to slow down Covid infection? Gov oppression.
Lockdown cities to slow Covid spread? Gov oppression. Gov taking away the people's freedom.

"Freedom" and "human rights" at all and any cost, even if it means 800,000 cases + 41000 deaths daily + gradual decline of economy and society. I doubt that's what freedom is supposed to mean.
This isn't meant to be an insult to your intelligence, so please don't take it as such. It's clear you're not attempting to construct a logical argument, rather you're doing a combination of emoting and parroting scripted dogma.

Here are a few problems:

1) Those that don't want to risk exposure to the virus should stay home. They are free to do so. They are not free to tell others to stay home, simply due to their own fear.
2) Freedom does mean that yes, people will die. We accept this each and every day. People die by a myriad of other ways: car accidents, heart disease, cancer, medical malpractice, accidents, firearms ... the list goes on.
3) The decline in the economy isn't due to the virus. It's due to the government's overreaction and shutting things down. There would certainly be a hit due to sick people not coming in to work, but nothing to the order of what we're seeing today.
4) The idea of the individual being sovereign over their own body is already encoded into law and culture. I don't want to touch the third rail here, but "my body my choice" is an ingrained slogan here in the west.

This is only scratching the surface of what is wrong with what you're saying.

It says you're in Singapore. If you're native to the region then the concept of freedom over all else is probably alien to you.

That's perfectly fine. It's just a cultural difference.

But, it does mean you don't have a dog in this fight. If you come from a society where the collective trumps the individual, then it shouldn't matter to you what happens over here in the west.

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
519%
May 29, 2013
You do realize that G. Washington made inoculation against smallpox MANDATORY and that had a tremendous impact in the outcome of the Revolutionary War, right? Because by your logic he was violating everyone's rights, but he actually stopped the Continental Army from dropping dead to a disease and put them back to fighting the British. Imagine if the people/troops had been like "omg he's infecting us with the virus?!?! Don't tread on me bro"

With all due respect, you leave out 1 major thing.

George Washington was the commander in chief of the troops.

He mandated the troops get the smallpox vaccine. ( not everyone in the USA )

This is no different than my son, who is in the Army under the commander in chief, being told he needs the vaccine and getting it. Which BTW the Army does for a lot of things when you enlist.

George Washington did not MAKE every American take the vaccine or demand it. He did his troops that he was in control of, which is no different than now in the military.

GW wasn't violating everyone's rights. He has control of his troops. Supreme control. He didn't have that for all Americans, and knew this. Ordering your military troops ( where you are their commander in chief ) to do X is different than "ordering" all Americans to do X as the President.

Your argument has some major flaws @BellaPippin that should be re-evaluated.

Last edited:

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
How is it different when (if) it passes both houses? We put those people there to write and pass laws. It's not "ordering". The rule of the majority is what it is, whether they pass things I like or not. We chose democracy.

There is a big broblem with democracy. A tyranny of the majority.

That is why we actually have a republic. There are problems with a republic as well... Obviously...

Here are the basics though... Just because the majority order something up, doesn't make it right.

In a pure democracy, 51 percent could legally kill 49 percent. That doesn't make it right, rightous or acceptable.

About 60 percent currently steal from 40 percent at gunpoint. Just because it is legal, doesn't make it right, righteous, acceptable or something we shouldn't raise issue with.

If everyone just sat back and accepted what is imposed on them America wouldn't even exist.

GoodluckChuck

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Feb 2, 2017
my house
The level of coordination I've witnessed across media's, politicians, and corporations across the world this year is what alarms me most. It blows my mind that so many sources of information parrot the exact same messages at the exact same times. This is a red flag that can't go ignored. What are these messages? They should be scrutinized intensely, not accepted wholesale.

"A New Normal"
"Build Back Better"
"A Great Reset"

I think it's completely rational to be uncomfortable with the speed at which individual liberties are going out the window never to be seen again in our lifetimes.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
No, its not a human rights violation. Those rules are for our safety.

Wow, such a bold declaration devoid of any thought beyond the surface, if that's all it takes for the majority to tow the line... We are in big trouble.

I suppose those views come with a dash of "we are all going to die from climate change in 12 years."

Screenshot_20210102-091357_Photos.jpg

Last edited:

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
Seriously take a biology 101 class and get it together

This self righteousness may literally be the death of you.

I'm trained as, and worked as, a biomedical engineer. I can tell you this vaccine scares the living shit out of me.

I don't care how many doctors, nurses, scientists and people who have taken "biology 101" you know or cite...I worked very closely with people in these fields and can definitively say they are not worthy of this god-like worship we bestow upon them as a society.

It's ok, I used to trust scientists too. Until cardiorespiratory scientists who have been published in peer reviewed journals would call me up for help and clearly not know the difference between an EKG and EMG signal.

Most people suck at their jobs. Only 1% of folks in any field are truly excellent. That's the definition of excellence. And that includes doctors, nurses, scientists and those folks who have taken "Biology 101"

Last edited:

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
Why can't people just accept the fact and move on with their lives? You're living "under contract" in whatever country you're in.

There's no "shame" in getting a vaccine and if you believe all the "Bill Gates is trying to inject a chip into us" BS, you have way bigger problems than C0VlD-19.

If you had a contagious disease, and the vaccine was out, there's no way in hell I would let you into my business without proof of vaccination. We know the disease kills (mortality rate is irrelevant, IT KILLS) and by you trying to act like a big shot, you're risking lives of others and that's just selfish.

Now I'm sure some people will come back and say "car accidents kill", well yeah, that's why there's driving tests, PROOF you can drive and understand basic rules.

Just MOVE ON.

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ

Drive a car? Licence

If you've had any of your childhood vaccines you've had attenuated virus (mmr for instance) meaning bits of viral DNA and the nucleic capsid injected in you.

If you've never had any vaccine you've also had both viral dna and messenger rna inside of you just from fighting off infections. If anything using just the messenger rna of the spike protein is a more targeted approach , in fact , we just rolled out a cold virus vaccine in 9 months , this is like a moon landing for virology and public health , we should have a ticker tape parade.

But i'm sure enough people will avoid the vaccine because "some blogger / random guy on youtube said big words" that i'm gonna still need to wear a mask this time next year , thanks a lot! Lol

Whats the conspiracy? All the phd's and md's studying viruses the world over are under the thrall of an evil NWO cabal and every other human being eduxated in basic biology and health science is in on it?

Heres jonas salk , the nefarious villain who specifically didn't patent the polio vaccine or make a penny from it , that humanitarian monster! , he is truly the godfather of this entire evil scheme to prevent deaths in a simple and empirically founded way!

Ever hear of norman borlaug? The sinister fellow fathered rhe green revolution and used *gasp* science to prevent untold millions from starving! Damn you scientific method! Damn you to hell!!!

Or the more rational take that "injections are a weird scary thing" and it gives people an ego boost to pretend to be "in the know" by following conspiracy theories? (Which btw are , AGAIN being touted by facebook memes and random nobody conspiracy bloggers and youtubers) , what exactly has alex jones done for mankind that has earned him.our trust and admiration? Does alex jones have security clearance thats given him special lnowledge? An iq of 280 and 6 phd's? Nah? Just some schmuck who capitalized on 9/11 using public access?

So why exactly are random strangers on the internet spinning yarns a good solid source of actionable life advise? , maybe i'm in the wrong business , I should just start a youtube or a podcast and make completely baseless claims and then sell overpriced supplements!

You have a supercomputer in your pocket and we derive energy from nuclear fission but god damn if you're going to take part in The medical miracle of vaccines!

Heres reality

Seriously take a biology 101 class and get it together , the governments "focring" you to get the vaccine to fly? , you know f*cking defying gravity in a giant metal tube (but thats not also science right?) Isn't a "right" , like other human beings exist and would sort of like the virus to not keep spreading and infecting people?

It's always such a bizarre thing for me to be on these entrepreneur forums.and see the most basic unreflecrive ayn rand take on libertarianism from people.

Vaccine as a proxy to control us? , we have a gps enabled device in our pocket with a camera and a mic that we use to record and share our most personal intimate details on the internet.

If the government wants to start black bagging folks in the middle of the night they won't need some "sneaky" public health measure to do it.

The irony of someone simultaneously parroting the official narrative, whilst telling others to use a little critical thinking, is off the charts. You would do well to check your self righteous attitude.

Regurgitating The Script™ may make you feel morally superior, but it doesn't make for a meaningful contribution to the discussion. Nothing you said really has any bearing on anything.

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
519%
May 29, 2013
My body, my choice.

This

So much this.

Many leftists and feminists that are pro-choice get to fight for "my body my choice".

But when another group wants the same freedoms against wearing a mask ( my body, my choice ) or going out in a pandemic ( again, my body my choice ), we are looked down on and called conspiracy theorists and ignorant because we don't "science" enough.

We allow one, but not the other.

So rich...

Thoelt53

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Dec 8, 2016
Boston, MA
I’ve given up. I’m going to get the Moderna vaccine. Their HQ is about 5 miles from my home. I trust them. Nevermind they’ve never brought a vaccine to market, I think they nailed it this time.

And if my dick falls off, it’s ok, I can’t sue them anyway. So I’ve just decided that whatever happens is the way it was meant to be. I’m incapable of thinking for myself, and so I am relinquishing all critical thought to the experts.

Joe Biden is expecting 150,000,000 deaths from COVID. I think the best thing I can do for my country is to stop thinking, obey, and wait for my stimulus check to come. If I’m lucky they will implement UBI and I’ll never have to work again. Half of everybody will be dead anyway.

Wear a mask and social distance, people. Your masters totally wear them and socially distance themselves all the time. Just ask Gavin Newsom, Diane Feinstein, His Highness Andrew Cuomo (don’t forget Fredo, he has the roid rage), Gretchen Whitmer’s husband, etc. They’ll all tell you to do the right thing.

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
Can you elaborate on this? I’m in no ways familiar with biology and I am curious to know your stand on the different vaccines.

To be clear, I'm not a virologist or pathology expert.

I've simply worked closely with university + pharma biomedical scientists, doctors and nurses in the course of my 5 year stint working as a biomedical engineer.

Nothing about the vaccines I have researched scare me in particular. For example, on paper, an mRNA vaccine through the prescribed delivery method seems just fine.

What scares me is that I know what corners can be cut in labs. I know how results can be grossly misconstrued or misunderstood by lab techs and PIs (primary investigators). I know that they have been incentivized to misconstrue and misrepresent results.

These issues are true for any vaccine, but most of the time we give the vaccine time to be tested and repeated in multiple labs so the errors get shaken out. They are also able to work through the population more slowly so we can surface any issues that are caused by human error.

In the case of all of these COVID vaccines, that due process has been thrown out the window. Even worse, the companies aren't liable if anything goes wrong.

Even drugs that get FDA clearance on the normal timeframes can have side effects that are undetected/undetectable for decades that follow. Sometimes those side effects can be dire, as was the case with Thalidomide and its birth defect crisis.

Anyone who takes this vaccine is taking a much bigger risk than I think they can fully appreciate.

c4n

Full throttle
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
May 30, 2017
You’re comparing the destructiveness of termites to that of atomic bombs.

- Covid kills around .027% of people. Ie 99.973 survive (Source: cdc/who October, 2020 study )

- A severe case of yellow fever, the death rate is 20-50% (source cdc)

.027% vs 20-50%

These are not remotely the same threat to humans.

Nope, you are comparing them. I've made no comparisons.

I am simply stating that having a vaccination proof as an entry/travel requirement is nothing new. I've travelled parts of Africa and this is normal there.

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
519%
May 29, 2013
Can we like, come back from Extremeland and see the shades of grey? We agree on a government and certain laws so we can co-habitate in a society. Right now half the people are going around infecting people and themselves to make what point? That you can do what you want, when you want it, how you want it? That nobody can tell you to do something that is for the common well-being or else we're on our way to "1984: The Live Action"?

The main thing is, you said "We agree on a government and certain laws so we can co-habitate in a society".

Right now, half of us DONT AGREE on a government or certain laws. We can't co-habitate with the ways things are now at this moment.

You are basically saying we all get to vote and function daily ( by agreement ) on the ways things should be ( our government and laws ) so we can all be happy and get along ( co-habitate ) with each other ( society ).

But then you act as if the half that doesn't want to wear mask and go along with these rules, that something is wrong with them?

I thought we all got to "agree" on things? Where is our voice heard? When do we get to demand something of you and force you to do X Y or Z?

I didn't agree to this. I didn't vote for this. Why should I succumb to your half ( or the other half ), when you just said we all get to agree? The side that doesn't agree is just suppose to shut up and go along and do what the other side "demands" of us?

Ha.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
631%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
I have said the words "thank god I own my own business" about a thousand times and this year has been the purest example of it. I don't wear a mask at work. I won't be getting a covid vaccine. I can work when I want. I don't have to listen to anyone. It's just further proof of how much control matters in your life. Especially if you hate being told what to do.

WestCoast

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
313%
Jan 20, 2008
Rhode Island for now.
Many countries have had vaccination entry requirements for years, for example, Yellow Fever. Nothing new.

- Covid kills around .027% of people. Ie 99.973 survive (Source: cdc/who October, 2020 study )

.027% vs 20-50%

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ

.027% vs 20-50%

All he is saying is that you needed a yellow fever vaccine to get into certain countries.

But nobody ever complained about that. Probably because they didn’t want to go to Kenya.

But now a place you may want to go requires it and everyone complains.

Jon L

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
272%
Aug 22, 2015
Bellevue, WA
I don't know what the hell is going on
In this thread, in particular, I don't either. Good lord. Some of you on this thread need to learn how to be more respectful in how you say things

My thought on all of this is that vaccine requirements are a symptom of a much larger problem. Getting mad about this particular symptom, while cathartic, doesn't do much.

The problem is everywhere: curtailment of free speech on campuses, thought police in social media, elevation of certain races above others, government that thinks its a good thing to record everything we say and do, etc etc etc. It starts in school, and goes from there.

Our latest generation doesn't think that a republic is a good thing: pure democracy is better. They don't believe in free speech, only freedom to say what they agree with. They think that being white makes you a racist (oh, the irony).

They believe this crap because that's how they're being taught in school. They're taught what to think, not how to think.

I pick education because I have two kids in public school, so it is top of mind. You could easily focus your attention just about anywhere else in our society, though.

Kak's picture above can most certainly happen right here in the US. Not today, but give the wrong leader 30 years, and they can make this country do just about anything they want. That was about how long it took in Germany. "Oh but Germany had the seeds of the Holocaust for generations." I agree. Our 'holocaust' would look different, and would come from whatever seeds were planted here in generations past. It would be just as horrible, though. Germans of 1940 and Americans of today are built with the same human nature. Nothing separates us but our beliefs, and those can change, rapidly.

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
You know America would've never been a country if the founding fathers did what you're telling people to do.

You do realize that G. Washington made inoculation against smallpox MANDATORY and that had a tremendous impact in the outcome of the Revolutionary War, right? Because by your logic he was violating everyone's rights, but he actually stopped the Continental Army from dropping dead to a disease and put them back to fighting the British. Imagine if the people/troops had been like "omg he's infecting us with the virus?!?! Don't tread on me bro"

Can we like, come back from Extremeland and see the shades of grey? We agree on a government and certain laws so we can co-habitate in a society. Right now half the people are going around infecting people and themselves to make what point? That you can do what you want, when you want it, how you want it? That nobody can tell you to do something that is for the common well-being or else we're on our way to "1984: The Live Action"?

Vaccines have side effects, albeit extra low-- everything has side effects and weird shit inside, most modern medicine and drugs are based on the premise that the benefit outweighs the risks and so it gets approved. Birth control has so many side effects that manifest on a major portion of users and here we are. F*ck, look at any medicine ad....How many of you smoked tobacco, or even got second hand smoke from someone? How many of you drink alcohol, smoke pot, drink Coke, eat Ramen noodles, chips, snickers, blah blah, are recovering junkies or know someone, etc etc. We inject our poultry and cattle with a plethora of things. We don't know the long term effects of pot on the still-developing brain and I don't see people protesting against it but I do hear of a lot of teens living the stoned life. People try experimental drugs and treatments all the time without knowing the long term effect because the benefit of it working is more important.

Now there's finally a vaccine for this stupid flu and suddenly your body is a temple or else we've fallen under an authoritarian regime?

giphy.gif

People laughed at the doctor that first suggested nurses washing their hands before baby deliveries had direct impact on the number of infections and mortality from labor. Yet here we are, now we know bacteria exists. It's not "sheepish" to stay at home or cover your mouth and nose at public places for wanting less people to get sick at a time. Last time I checked there was no protests for NO SHIRT NO SERVICE or dress code in venues but get asked to wear a mask and apparently next thing you know you'll have a barcode tattooed on your forehead.

Nobody wants to become Cuba just because they agree to stay at home AND nobody wants this to become No Man's Land either with absolutely no order. As if we needed the newer generations to come to be even MORE entitled brats.

Can we shift down a gear with the catastrophic, binary thinking? At the end of the day both sides keep repeating their own "mainstream media" half of the circle jerk and you know it.

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
519%
May 29, 2013
Perhaps do what some of these guys are doing : constantly live in fear of "evil governments" trying to "oppress you" and "take away your freedom".

Wear masks? Gov oppression.
Vaccine? Gov oppression.
An eventual cure for Covid? Gov oppression.
Stay home to prevent infecting others and lessen the burden on medical staff ? Gov oppression.
Safety distancing to slow down Covid infection? Gov oppression.
Lockdown cities to slow Covid spread? Gov oppression. Gov taking away the people's freedom.

"Freedom" and "human rights" at all and any cost, even if it means 800,000 cases + 41000 deaths daily + gradual decline of economy and society. I doubt that's what freedom is supposed to mean.
Taken from Wikipedia...

Oppression is malicious or unjust treatment or exercise of power, often under the guise of governmental authority or cultural opprobrium

So Oppression can be an exercise of power, under the guise of government authority.

Ok.

Who is telling me to wear a mask and social distance? The government.

Is the government exercising their power? Yes.

By the definition, YES you are right.. this is government oppression.

--Especially when I can walk into ANY restaurant in the USA with a mask on and sit down at a table and take my mask off to eat. With others walking around me ( to the restroom or sitting down ) or eating around me ( maybe at a table 6 feet away ) with their masks off too... Doesn't seem to damn safe to me!

-- Especially when I can walk into a Costo or Walmart or Kroger and have people walking around me ( with masks on ) getting groceries and household items bumping into me and around me... Doesn't seem to damn safe to me!

-- But for some reason I can't attend my church, who also requires masks or 6 feet social distancing ( sectioned off pews ) which was told to me by my government ( that later had to be overruled by a JUDGE ). Or that I can't have more than X number of people in my home for Christmas, when I can walk into Walmart and be surrounded by 100's more? How is this different to many other places I am allowed to go to?

So yes, this is government oppression and cultural opprobrium.

D

Deleted50669

Drive a car? Licence

Heres reality

Seriously take a biology 101 class and get it together , the governments "focring" you to get the vaccine to fly? , you know f*cking defying gravity in a giant metal tube (but thats not also science right?) Isn't a "right" , like other human beings exist and would sort of like the virus to not keep spreading and infecting people?

I think you grossly underestimate how easily scientific process is corrupted by financial incentive, or by sheer force. Why wouldn't the government use this as an opportunity to corral and oppress the common man? A controlled citizen is a predictable generator of tax revenue. They'd much rather have use cooped up in our homes, behaving ourselves and working in their giant corporations, than being out and about breaking the mold they've tried to create. It's not everyday they get a scapegoat like a pandemic to use as justification for heinous acts of control. Half of the instances of science you reference are from decades ago, when the government wasn't hellbent on saving itself at the cost of restricting personal freedoms.

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
I thought we just called that capitalism. Isn't that the argument where we get to pick and choose our customers?

You don't get to choose customers based on their medical history. You have no right to know that, unless of course you're their doctor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!