The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

UNSCRIPTED: Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Entrepreneurship

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Am I the only one who thinks that the covers suck???

Front cover.
Obviously 'unlock' and 'unleash' have been chosen, because they start with un- and not because they will create the right impact. It would make sense if the invisible script was 'revealed' not unlocked and the 'unleashing of the dream' looks like a premature ejaculation.

The happy flying man suggests an 'event' that will deliver instant happiness.

The subtitle is maybe more relatable to american audience, but seems pretty random.

Back cover.
Television is probably getting a bit outdated. Maybe it's just a sign of having a poor social life, but I really don't know anybody personally who turns to mindless television often if ever. When you think about it someone who does have such a habit probably doesn't realise that they have a problem and will not give a F*ck about this book.
The middle paragraph is kinda lame. Maybe it would be better if it went:
"Ever since you've been old enough to sit obediently in a classroom, you have been culturally engineered for servitude, unwittingly enslaved into a Machiavellian system where illusionary rules go unchallenged, sanctified traditions go unquestioned, and lifelong dreams go unfulfilled.Your life got hijacked before you even got started, and it is not just you. The system leaves people marginalized down to debt, despair, and dependence. Their mundane and trivial life auto-repeats, fun fades and dreams die."

P.S. I don't claim any expertise. I am just an idiot who thinks his opinion is important.

Someone has a new baby. Posts a picture...

And you chime in to tell them their baby is ugly?

WTF

Sometimes opinions are terrific when people ask for feedback. Sometimes you would be better off to keep your thoughts to yourself. This likely would've been one of those times.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

No worries man, I thought he made some interesting points, was glad to hear it.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

Mosfet

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Jan 30, 2016
Someone has a new baby. Posts a picture...

WTF

Sometimes opinions are terrific when people ask for feedback. Sometimes you would be better off to keep your thoughts to yourself. This likely would've been one of those times.

Oh, come on, how is a book a baby?

When I was going to toastmaster meetings, I never understood why people are not telling me that my speeches suck. I mean seriously, they were so bad when I think about it and everybody was just like "Well done!"

Denim Chicken

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Jun 5, 2010
California
Oh, come on, how is a book a baby?

When I was going to toastmaster meetings, I never understood why people are not telling me that my speeches suck. I mean seriously, they were so bad when I think about it and everybody was just like "Well done!"
I thought you made some good points. The book isn't out yet so maybe he's still considering changes?

I think the TMF is up there with all those Tim Ferriss books in terms of popularity, a nice modern cover would go a long way. His new Tools of the Titans book looks really nice, visually appealing.

MidwestLandlord

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
759%
Dec 6, 2016
I like it. Congrats MJ. It would be interesting to hear how the process of writing the second book was different from the first. Easier? Harder? Just curious.

I like the "corporate drones" on the cover, and the guy breaking away from it. If I had never read TMF , I'm sure I'd buy this book based off the cover...it speaks to me haha.

Again, congrats on your hard work coming to fruition!

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Oh and congrats MJ. I'm glad but also sad the book doesn't have a bright orange ferrari on the front.

I can't wait to display it on my bookshelf. Are you doing signed copies delivered with roses and white wine again, or was that too much of a pain to send me last time?

UncleIroh

1079252849 kph
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Oct 20, 2016
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Congratulations, MJ! Your devotion to spread your knowledge is awesome. Can't wait to read your new book.

Also, love the new forum design. Will it also change for mobile?

What's the new entrenews section?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

TKDTyler

The Tea Guy
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
347%
Aug 25, 2014
Oh and congrats MJ. I'm glad but also sad the book doesn't have a bright orange ferrari on the front.

I can't wait to display it on my bookshelf. Are you doing signed copies delivered with roses and white wine again, or was that too much of a pain to send me last time?

He didn't fly you out for a personal signing and candle lit dinner for two?

dave773

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
255%
Dec 29, 2016
australia
Rewrite life's script: ditch the job, give Wall Street the bird, and escape the insanity of trading your life away for a paycheck and an elderly promise called retirement.

Best line lol.

I like the cover, reminds me of one of MJ's posts about life being a game. I think the cover would speak to more people than others though.

Gareth

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
291%
Nov 25, 2016
I would most likely buy a book from you called "Poop: How not to step in it"....

The title is great...but I wonder how many people (who don't know how amazing your work is) will get the title.

Sign me up, Im waiting to buy

ilrein

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Oct 1, 2012
Nice! I love the forum update and I'm looking forward to the release.

And I definitely had to grin with the influx of digital-hacker-esque visuals. We might have a 10000 page thread saying Don't Learn to Code, but let's be honest -- if you're going to escape the matrix, I suspect you're going to utilize technology to do so.

TBH MJ, I will say that the cover artwork (stickman with binary code) suggests a more teenage-like tone/quality. It conveys the message perfectly and no doubt why you like it, but it feels like something a talented high school kid could whip up. I would recommend attempting to convey the same message but with graphics that convey a stronger sense of maturity, talent, and effort. Just my 2 cents -- take with a grain of salt =)

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
In for preorder.

but I really don't know anybody personally who turns to mindless television often if ever. When you think about it someone who does have such a habit probably doesn't realise that they have a problem and will not give a F*ck about this book.

I know tons, tons of people who are the perfect targets for this book (engineers, chemists, medical professionals, etc. making $70,000-175,000/yr but working themselves to death and unsure of how to catch a break except to retire), who watch hours of TV a week. They have spouses, kids, and lots of friends. Maybe they don't do it on a TV, maybe it's on an iPad or a monitor or a phone, but consider that 23,000,000 people have watched Game of Thrones alone. Millions watched Stranger Things. It's not outdated. If you'd been at Best Buy during the holidays and seen the steady stream of big-screens filing out the door, you'd realize that.

Get Right

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
477%
Jul 16, 2013
Sunny Florida

danoodle

Freedom Seeker
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 1, 2011
Kansas, toto
How about a pre-release for those on the inside? ;)

Excited for this and will definitely be pre-ordering. Thanks for all you've done for us MJ and the value you've added to all our lives!

Unknown

Fastlane-ish
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Mar 31, 2014
@MJ DeMarco the guy flying off the cover while everyone else is standing in line should be wearing his tie like a bandana. Also, he's missing his cape.

I'll be buying copies for a few people.

Marc B.

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Sep 23, 2012
Oklahoma
Congratulations MJ! Can't wait to read through Unscripted , add it to the collection, and share it when I can. I'm sure it'll be as eye-opening as the first book.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
When I was watching the countdown I thought I'd have the book for my flight home from my ski trip tomorrow.

Anyway. Can't wait for it to be available! MJs writing never disappoints.

million$$$smile

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
703%
Dec 25, 2012
Midwest
Man, you would have to be a Toad not to want to read this book!

Especially Like:
"The truth is, if you blindly follow conventional wisdom pushed by conventional people living conventional lives, can you expect to be anything but conventional?"

I cannot wait to INVEST in a copy.

MJ, thanks again for inspiring others to A Different Way

Nice update on the forum. Especially like the badges! Well thought out!

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Unscripted ???
I thought you liked cars, MJ?
UNSCRIPTED ??? Of course!

very accurate title. The best businesses, let alone Fastlane tend to break many so-called long-standing rules altogether, all in the name of value giving.
As a result, they grow and earn millions faster and better than 'normal businesses' (mediocrity!)
Thanks for providing a better discussion of the Fastlane commandments. There are so many hybrids and differentiations with the growing of the market that there are so many ways to go about it!

Throwing the paradigm out? Of course!
The market doesn't give a F*ck about my mindset change.
The market doesn't give a F*ck I went to a faraway temple for an epiphany.
The market doesn't give a F*ck whether I read a get-rich book
All the market wants is VALUE, SOLUTIONS,NEEDS

Bingo!

As I looked through the points you will be discussing in the new book, I could anticipate a voice in my mind screaming
deadpool-freaking-awesome-poster-in-india-by-sillypunter.jpeg

I'm looking forward to the new book. Thanks @MJ DeMarco ! Now this is an oil-job I will be looking forward to!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.